Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"freudian slip"

what the gently caress are you on about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
more like plebeian slip

ah ha ha ha ah ha ha *puffs on pipe*

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Allen Wren posted:

nobody's seriously pinging me as a megaobvious scumbo yet

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

uranus posted:

more like plebeian slip

ah ha ha ha ah ha ha *puffs on pipe*

I like you. We can be friends.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

That is some Reed Richards-level stretching there.

Look at my vote, ye scummy, and despair! ##vote Gilok

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Epsilon Plus posted:

That is some Reed Richards-level stretching there.

Look at my vote, ye scummy, and despair! ##vote Gilok

That really is a crazy stretch (by Gilok). It's not an accidental reveal of information, just an awkward turn of phrase, and attempting to use it to prove anything is ridiculous.

I just played a quick catchup (I know I'm a goon playing a game on a forum about catching bad guys, but I still actually went out on a Friday night), and nothing really popped out to me that hasn't already been gone over several times, besides this. I'll try to get some more posting in tonight after work, I promise.

##vote Gilok for now.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Mafia edt: I quoted EP instead of Gilok, but hopefully you understand what I was aiming at

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Geez I wasn't seriously presenting it as evidence I just thought it was funny in light of the scumminess of the rest of his post. Was that post not scummy to you guys? Because this feels like a deflection from my actual argument.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
that was like half of your post dude

it seems to me you're just trying to backpedal yo

##vote Gilok

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Peta, who did you watch last night

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

seriously don't see what's freudian about it

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hey everyone, please consider that peta has claimed watcher, survived the night, and has barely posted at all today except to tell us he's been doused in gasoline, peta, who did you watch last night

##vote peta

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

MC Eating Disorder posted:

hey everyone, please consider that peta has claimed watcher, survived the night, and has barely posted at all today except to tell us he's been doused in gasoline, peta, who did you watch last night

##vote peta

I'll consider that. What's up, Peta?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to be asleep for deadline and I'm going out tonight so I probably won't post much, and if I do it will be a drunk mess but I want everyone to seriously consider Peta for today.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I have no idea what's going on between uranus and cpig. I will admit to visiting CPig last night, but I am not the hoser of legend.

Catching up, so sorry if this has been asked already. CPig, were you notified of anything happening to you last night due to EP's visit?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Uranus and Pig having a dumb slapfight seems townie as hell. It might just be a ruse but all these stupid misunderstandings always seem to be between two townies.

I dont know that I agree with this. It didn't read to me as a "misunderstanding". Uranus is being deliberately obtuse. Even if the hoser did visit someone N1 no one would have claimed to have been visited by them because there would have been no effect. That seems like pretty straightforward logic to me, so I dont like that uranus is using this (very bad) logic to claim that CPig is lying about being hosed off.

It seems to be more likely that he is trying to get a rise out of Cpig, which I think is scummy behaviour.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Catching up, so sorry if this has been asked already. CPig, were you notified of anything happening to you last night due to EP's visit?

Very interested in this as well

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

wait did ep visit me?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

I have no idea what's going on between uranus and cpig. I will admit to visiting CPig last night, but I am not the hoser of legend.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I didnt even catch that, the only thing reported to me that night was the hosing sooo

##vote ep

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CapitalistPig posted:

I didnt even catch that, the only thing reported to me that night was the hosing sooo

##vote ep

How do you feel about peta pig?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

How do you feel about peta pig?

also would vote

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote ep

I don't get this vote. You think he's scum because he said he visited you but you didn't hear anything about it?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CapitalistPig posted:

also would vote

You really should, I'm willing to flip back to ep if there's absolutely no chance of lynching peta today but peta is way way scummier right now

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm willing to ##vote peta

He hasn't been around all today and yesterday was mostly poo poo posting. I still think hiip is scummier but I don't mind this lynch at all.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I said I'd post after work, so here I am.

On EP vs CPig: I have no idea. I'm not sure why CPig is voting EP for openly admitting to visiting him, when nothing(?) happened because of it.

Peta: was odd yesterday and absent today. Worth at least a closer look, I'd really like to hear what happened with his night action

Gilok: still feel like he attacked Allen over nothing, and backed off when he saw it wouldn't fly. It didn't seem like a joke, but I guess it could have been, I'm lovely at jokes too.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh wait I forgot peta claimed watcher ##unvote

Peta please come in here and tell us what you know

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly the fact he's claimed watcher is the scummiest thing about him to me. Its the only confirmed role so far, and scum didn't touch him last night. There could be a doc protecting him but why wouldn't you openly be sharing your night targets and the results with us?

The arson claim being his only post today is the icing on the cake, it feels like an attempt to derail town with more pyro discussion instead of hunting scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Restating my case on CPig from yesterday

CapitalistPig posted:

ok so my vote on derp was more to see some reactions than anything.

If what he says is true then ##vote mc

if mc isnt scum thn kill derp tomorrow, its worth it because the game is still early.

CapitalistPig posted:

because thats the one you did first, im not sure I buy the triple thing.

because you DO have a tendency to lie early in the game as town OR scum.

He says Uranus lies, yet wants to vote for MCED anyway. He believes the cop result on MCED, but isn't sure about the triple cop claim, which was clearly ridiculous. Why is he so keen to vote MCED on the back of a claim from a person he doesn't think is trustworthy?

I can see these two as scum together. Their "slapfight" was a bunch of nothing. They just called each other names for a bit. Neither of them voted the other, even though uranus did call CPig scum.

##vote CPig

Happy to switch to Peta as well if he doesn't come back and account for himself. His behaviour is very suspicious. Ditto Allen Wren or Hiipfire, neither of whom are scum hunting.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

OK since everyone is laser focused on the loving joke in loving parentheses I'll repost what I said earlier without it and maybe someone will respond to my actual read. I am not backpedaling on Allen, I still think he's scummy, now more than ever.

Everything before this line is what Allen said and what I wrote before.

Allen Wren posted:

Dang, the things I miss while I sleep.

Okay.

I dunno if it's an artifact of the setup, or just my poo poo reads, but nobody's seriously pinging me as a megaobvious scumbo yet---specifically that no-one seems to be posting vastly out-of-character, so to speak.

Anyway. As regards the latest slapfight, I dunno. I can buy Anon as lurking scum, but something's not entirely sitting right with me on it. Dunno.

Mithross as guaranteed scum, lots of look-I'm-helpful comments on other people's moves, very little actual hunting. (I know, :ironicat:, right?)

##vote Mithross

This post is really scummy to me.

First the whole "Nobody is pinging scum to me" [joke removed here] and then in the same breath "Mithross is guaranteed scum."

Mithross has actually posted some useful comments, unlike Allen. This isn't to say Mithross isn't scum, because they can do that too, but "posting comments on people's moves" is basically how you play mafia. Maybe there's some grand meta-game I'm missing but looking at what people do and say and analyzing it is, as far as I can see, literally the entire game.

He vacillates on Anon without really talking about her posting (I'm assuming her because MC said her earlier and I trust him to spot cocks). Also him calling anyone a lurker is hilarious and Anon isn't lurking at all.

I'm pretty comfortable with this read considering it's all the information we've gotten from Allen so far. ##vote allen

I'd be cool with voting hiip too but my heart tells me that Allen is the way to go.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I meant everything after this line. Curse you, no editing rule.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey gilok would you consider voting peta? If not, why not?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I actually literally bailed on my plans to get drunk and go dancing to try and convince you guys to vote peta, I'm just that fuckin certain about it

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I would consider Peta if he doesn't post something soon. His being a watcher seems pretty certain to me, but he could be a scum watcher or rolecop or something. He's been pretty lovely and low-effort this whole game and is probably one of the people Met got complaints about. I'm not getting a huge scum vibe off of him, except as a person, but it is really odd that he didn't get killed last night and that he also hasn't told us who he watched and what happened, having already claimed.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Restating my case on CPig from yesterday

He says Uranus lies, yet wants to vote for MCED anyway. He believes the cop result on MCED, but isn't sure about the triple cop claim, which was clearly ridiculous. Why is he so keen to vote MCED on the back of a claim from a person he doesn't think is trustworthy?

I can see these two as scum together. Their "slapfight" was a bunch of nothing. They just called each other names for a bit. Neither of them voted the other, even though uranus did call CPig scum.

##vote CPig

Happy to switch to Peta as well if he doesn't come back and account for himself. His behaviour is very suspicious. Ditto Allen Wren or Hiipfire, neither of whom are scum hunting.

Thats the dumbest thing ive ever read, and ive read some pretty stupid things.

Also, i have valid reasons for voting for Ep related to me not seeing anything other than the gas being hosed off due to my role. Im not claiming more than that now and before i vote peta I want to hear from him.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I watched EP last night; no one visited him. Also if you think I claimed watcher as scum watcher just so I could push a lynch on a probable third party who would do nothing but kill townies, ON DAY 1, then you are beyond help.

I still haven't read most of today in any depth but I'll have time later this afternoon. Cya bitches

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Also Gilok is obvious town, he just doesn't know what he's doing.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
mithross and allen are scum. otherwise they would have been modkilled for not playing by now.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
What about hiip? No one else seems to be acknowledging how little he's contributing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
most of the game probably has him on ignore

• Locked thread