Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

a bay posted:

Will someone please explain to me why this guy is funny.

he said human being to gay people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxVjFzu7w9o

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's basically the dark souls of comedy

DornerHorse
May 21, 2014

Chewie, we're Prohm
most of his vertical vids read like the fyad goldmine

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

He's basically the dark souls of comedy
he's ripping off kaufman and tom green and adult swim and god knows what else, he's more of a limbo of the lost

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

quakster posted:

he's ripping off kaufman and tom green and adult swim and god knows what else, he's more of a limbo of the lost

I think he has a diminished concept of shame due to psychiatric issues and figured out saying absurd or disgusting things to people usually elicits a funny reaction. I also think he's a racist.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

facebook jihad posted:

The best part of Sam is how ugly he is, seriously.

Nah the best part is how ugly he goes out of his way to be. The bowl cut and those glasses. And in his tyler bowlcut videos he does look pretty studly if i do say so myself.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bonvivant posted:

I think he has a diminished concept of shame due to psychiatric issues and figured out saying absurd or disgusting things to people usually elicits a funny reaction. I also think he's a racist.
a distinct possibility

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Tautologicus posted:

Nah the best part is how ugly he goes out of his way to be. The bowl cut and those glasses. And in his tyler bowlcut videos he does look pretty studly if i do say so myself.

hes got some p ridic smooth legs

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sam hyde reminds me of a combination of a few friends i had growing up, and hes from rhode island which is pretty close so i recognize the kinda northeast peanut gallery humor. The goons talking about how derivative he is are just haters.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
has anyone posted father figure yet

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

So is this just Tim and Eric but mean-spirited and not as good or what

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

Victis posted:

he's a sociopath so he cajoled some woman in turner broadcasting to work with him based on the two funny things they did which involved annoying an anime convention and annoying something else I don't even remember

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Victis posted:

Yeah, just a weird guy doing stuff that he's seen other people on TV do. lol at the guy who said that Hyde has probably never seen Family Guy

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Sam Hyde is a Bitcoin with the wrong type of Ram

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if you've seen Tom Green, you've seen Sam Hyde

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
his newest video he pulled down for some reason whats up with that (it wasn't nearly as funny as eco hassle is probably why)

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
he seems to share the exact same humor style as all the OG adult swim people. have you ever watched old space ghost episodes?

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
sam hyde is funnier than andy kaufman

but then so is everyone else

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i dont knyow why anyone would care either way but i suppose its good that they do in these nihilistic times

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

A Yolo Wizard posted:

his newest video he pulled down for some reason whats up with that (it wasn't nearly as funny as eco hassle is probably why)

i dont think i saw it, what was it?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is the kali yuga

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

has anyone posted father figure yet

no, and it's one of his best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzNEE2Esbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvbb5NqQ_C0

5-HT fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 10, 2015

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
Obligatory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS0jTbzd8Q8

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
l ol fat switch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ob66UXzes

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
heres the problem andy kaufman wasnt funny either. that whole style is just a big wank. yeah youre so brilliant you dont even have to try youre just loving with everyone for your own amusement, oh man we are all so impressed. especially when youre not even on the kaufman level and youre like some goony tryhard bitch, yuck.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
he's a creative person you wouldn't understand.....................

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I'm actually a big fan of everything Sam, Nick, and Charles do. I was really disappointed when their YouTube account first got banned. I guess MDE just appeals to the inner awful person in me.

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

semi mentally ill man

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

bonvivant posted:

This pretty much.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, just a weird guy doing stuff that he's seen other people on TV do. lol at the guy who said that Hyde has probably never seen Family Guy
I just said the TEDx talk didn't rip off family guy like you said. Some of the earlier stuff existed before tim and eric were on tv with their current act.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtRZFGUJnOA

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Helmholz posted:

I'm actually a big fan of everything Sam, Nick, and Charles do. I was really disappointed when their YouTube account first got banned. I guess MDE just appeals to the inner awful person in me.

What they get banned for

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Next on adult swim, the Filthy Frank Show.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

i would suck sam hydes dick not as a gay thing but out of respect

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
mde is gonna get the tane meme on tv

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mange Mite posted:

What they get banned for
The first time they had a video of an indian guy saying racist poo poo about obama and then talking about how he's not a terrorist and loves apple pie, big tits, V8s, drives a ford f-150, and loves rotting his brain by watching television. He also really loved USA football. A bunch of people flagged their channel for racism. They got it back a few days later with no videos up. I don't think most of the old videos where they did poo poo like that are up anymore.

The second time was after they offended a bunch of tumblr and sjw people and the ban reason was "violating community standards for decency" or some other dumb bullshit. It took them a year to get the channel back. A bunch of upset people flagged random videos/the channel for no real reason. Probably for videos like some in this thread, kickstarter tv where they view really dumb kickstarters and make fun of them while playing it half-straight and saying we should really support them, and the tumblr whale hunt video that wasn't actually called that but they made fun of fat people talking about how hot they were in stuff like booty shorts on tumblr. Which doesn't sound that funny, but it was by an unkempt and overweight sam hyde while eating at his computer using patented 1950s dad insults.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 11, 2015

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

lol

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I can't wait to see the dank memes sam is gonna pull out on his new show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

sam hyde is funnier than andy kaufman

but then so is everyone else

Well yeah Kaufman is dead

• Locked thread