Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

In case anyone wants that sweet $850,000 go-kart look on their Turismo:

Thanks for this, now i have to buy one.

Also, i can't decide what plate i want on my hearse. "SRYUDIED" or "GTWLSOON"

e: it is chrome, maybe "FABULOSS"

Powershift fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Game of Forever

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powershift posted:

GON2SOON

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I am pulling my goddamn hair out trying to get gold on flight school moving landing. I can't even get silver because of these goddamn pc controls. Doesnt help that there's no actual strafe so getting parallel to the truck and road is like eye surgery

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Powershift posted:

URNEWRIDE or NU if the first is too long

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I am pulling my goddamn hair out trying to get gold on flight school moving landing. I can't even get silver because of these goddamn pc controls. Doesnt help that there's no actual strafe so getting parallel to the truck and road is like eye surgery

I achieved this when I got fairly lucky and slammed into the truck bed, neatly killing my forward velocity and allowing me to land. Graceless, effective, beat the time by several seconds.

Strafing in a chopper is done by rolling which is Numpad 4/6 by default.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alan Smithee posted:

You're flying an aircraft that demands precision with clumsy digital inputs. Just go drop $30 on a wired xbox360 controller and never fret over it again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Smash the helicopter into the truck as fast as you can. Finesse doesn't even come into it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Smash the helicopter into the truck as fast as you can. Finesse doesn't even come into it.

And don't forget to lower your landing gear. You're in a chopper with retractable gear, not a sled-mounted Maverick

GreatPhoenix
Nov 9, 2004

Woah, you just wrinkled my brain!
So I'm guessing they patched that bit where you could sneak into your garage during the Pacific Standard Heist and pile your whole team into an armored kuruma? Unless there's some trick to losing your wanted level other than calling Lester...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CitrusFrog posted:

And don't forget to lower your landing gear. You're in a chopper with retractable gear, not a sled-mounted Maverick

I died way too many times before I figured this one out. I ended up trying in first person and noticed the light.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I died way too many times before I figured this one out. I ended up trying in first person and noticed the light.

Yeah it took me a couple of tries before I realised my landing gear wasn't down and that was the reason I was sensuously rubbing myself all over the trailer without completing the mission.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

GreatPhoenix posted:

So I'm guessing they patched that bit where you could sneak into your garage during the Pacific Standard Heist and pile your whole team into an armored kuruma? Unless there's some trick to losing your wanted level other than calling Lester...

Make sure you break line of sight with the police before you get to your apartment. I've only seen that trick done once, and I don't remember if it was before the most recent patch or not.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Isn't there something about getting outside the city limits before everyone can pile into the same Kuruma?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're flying an aircraft that demands precision with clumsy digital inputs. Just go drop $30 on a wired xbox360 controller and never fret over it again.

I'm using one and still haven't managed to even silver it. gently caress Flight School.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Funky Valentine posted:

Isn't there something about getting outside the city limits before everyone can pile into the same Kuruma?

It works if the apartment owner invites the others into his apartment while they're standing near the door.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

I'm using one and still haven't managed to even silver it. gently caress Flight School.

I pretty much brute forced the landing and got lucky, by lucky I mean after 50 tries you are bound to do it right once.

Collect Flags though :suicide:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Collect flags is one where you try, try, try and barely get close then you have a Zen videogame moment and floor it completely.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Alan Smithee posted:

I pretty much brute forced the landing and got lucky, by lucky I mean after 50 tries you are bound to do it right once.

Collect Flags though :suicide:

I haven't reached that yet because I keep wiping out at the wind farm in Low Flying or whatever the gently caress it's called. And yes, I've tried lowering the landing gear.

At least the one in San Andreas was relatively easy once you figured out the trick.

:rant:

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Collect flags is one where you try, try, try and barely get close then you have a Zen videogame moment and floor it completely.

I spent more time on the flags than anything else because I would not settle for less than a gold with style.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

I haven't reached that yet because I keep wiping out at the wind farm in Low Flying or whatever the gently caress it's called. And yes, I've tried lowering the landing gear.

At least the one in San Andreas was relatively easy once you figured out the trick.

:rant:

apparently you can just turn around if you miss them on Low Flying since it's not timed. Honestly at some point it just clicks

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

SplitSoul posted:

If you're playing with a controller try holding the airbrake around 1/3rd for the entire section, keeping your speed down just above stall. Sloppy, but this is how I do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNonM35UAkc&t=1m45s

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Is there a way to actually stop your crash helmet and flying gear being put on? I disabled it via the appearance menu but it's still appearing for me.

Also - there isn't actually a way to get the Duke O'Death or the Go Go Monkey Blista in GTA: Online is there? Am I going to be surprised that the level 1879 didn't glitch them in?

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

GreatPhoenix posted:

What we did the few times I've done it is wait at the bikes but don't get on them. Kill the police and they will eventually stop coming. Get on the bikes and this will trigger more police to spawn, but since you killed all the nearby police you have about 30-45 seconds of breathing room. Immediately get to the garage, get your Karuma and then pick up your buddies who should be waiting outside the garage for you.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'll be on and off at random times of the day today, starting now. Hit me up if you want me to spawn you a rare vehicle. I currently have the Hearse and Western Daemon motorcycle. I can also spawn Sultans if you are really having a hard time finding one. Mad props to Xenaero and Powershift to hooking me up. Let's spread the rare vehicle love, and fight back against Rockstar's shoddy and asinine vehicle spawning programming! :black101:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 10, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Is there a way to actually stop your crash helmet and flying gear being put on? I disabled it via the appearance menu but it's still appearing for me.

Get on the bike, helmet gets put on, get off, wait until they throw it on the ground, get on the bike again. It doesn't get put on a second time (lasts for the rest of the session, provided you have auto-helmet turned off). Stupid, but it's the only way to go without a helmet when getting on a bike. Probably works for flying gear too? Never tried.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
The homing launcher is the loving worst thing in the game right now. I just want to fly my cargobob and try to pick up assholes rolling around in armored vehicles in peace!

At least I can juke Buzzard or jet missiles. The homing launcher rockets are just... Death.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The funny part is that the homing missiles, ostensibly created to help shoot down jets and attack choppers, are pretty poo poo at doing that. They're great at taking out unarmed aircraft that were never a threat anyways.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Requesting invite if you still somehow have slots in LLJK. I'm an active xbone player, am currently in WEZL and BOYS (from max Payne 3).

Gt: Beastie Bomber

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Beastie posted:

Requesting invite if you still somehow have slots in LLJK. I'm an active xbone player, am currently in WEZL and BOYS (from max Payne 3).

Gt: Beastie Bomber

LLJK is been full for a while. I've been pruning players in batches and the last batch is set to be pruned Wednesday unless anybody on the list comes forward to tell me that still play.

There's a waiting list in the crew thread that I've been maintaining and I'll put you on it. I set out 70 invites for LLJK on Friday and 37 people still haven't accepted them, so the odds are that on Wednesday there should be around 75 places vacant which should guarantee you a space as I'm not going to hold everybodys space forever.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Demitri Omni posted:

The homing launcher is the loving worst thing in the game right now. I just want to fly my cargobob and try to pick up assholes rolling around in armored vehicles in peace!

At least I can juke Buzzard or jet missiles. The homing launcher rockets are just... Death.

Ugh, seriously. Had some pubbie shoot down my Bob when I was trying to airlift my friend's car to bring it to him. We ended up sniping him over and over until he ragequit, but goddamn. Leave Cargobobs alone, damnit. They're harmless :(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreatPhoenix posted:

You want to buy the apartment right at the end of the road by the bikes, makes it way easier to do that trick.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Powershift posted:

If you have the sad trombone horn, WAMPWAMP can really hammer it in to the stupid people. For some reason, the words with the sound are a rage multiplier.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

I will say, as a counter point to myself, that the bobs can take a few rockets before going down, giving some time to escape.

And getting a missile lock on a fighter jet makes the ejection seat twice as :krad: as usual.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GreatPhoenix posted:

There hasn't been a patch since we did it, but line of sight is pretty hosed up for most apartments.

I paid $140k i think for the apartment right beside the bikes, and so far got me a 20% cut of 2 1.2 mil heists and 1 950k heist. Just get off the bikes, everybody hops the fence, and you entire the apartment with nearby players, and then boot everybody into the garage.

Basic quick strategy for speed-running some of the heist missions. If you want to figure this out for yourself, don't read this. If you're 12, i'm sorry each of these simple lines of information isn't it's own 16 minute youtube video, but i don't have a northern british accent, so i can't make those.

fleeca karuma: drive up in your own karuma, park door to door, get out of yours and into theirs, and drive off. the second dude can stick around and shoot everybody for the hell of it.
prison break plane: pilot has to get in the plane and gently caress off ASAP so the ground team can clear the airfield while he's doing the long flight back
prison break cargo ship: climb the first crane, snipe the 2 dudes, parachute off. you have to hit jump, mash open parachute, and then hold the 2 slow parachute buttons all really quickly to land on the boxes with the car. then shoot the lock and drive back without shooting out of the car so you don't have cops to lose.
prison break station: get away from the apartment, 1 person call the cops, take the car and gently caress off into the tunnels under the overpass over the western part of the east-west portion of freeway. don't bother waiting it out at the tunnel entrance because cop cars get stuck there all the time. book it through the tunnels, and by the time you lose the wanted level you should be at the end of the spillway right beside the station.
prison break finale Pilot fly behind the jet, jut out to whatever direction you want him to turn and get back in behind. if you're going too fast and keep catching up to him drop your gear it slows the plane. demo take the heli, hover outside the prison outside if the ring road directly to the west, take out all the swat guys that appaear with self-homing missiles. once you've cleared what you can, get away from the prison and fly round to it's northeast corner, and start takin swat dudes out again. don't get rashovsky in the heli or once you get it close to the plane, he jumps out and often dies. meet wherever with the plane(you can land in the field right north of the prison) and then the pilot get high over the ocean and stare at the mini-map ready to roll hard away from spawning helicopters.
humane labs deliver EMP one dude(blue lines) runs outside the fence, take out the dude in the corner, then run up and around, you should be able to see two scientists in the middle-left you can get with 1 shot, then the dude up on the high platform walking back and forth. Then run back and take the orange shot, your team should be taking out their 3rd group. everybody else hide until the truck passes, then 2 dudes(pink) go through take out the 2 guys working on the truck together, then the 2 scientists on the right, then the scientist and dude at the back wall. The 4th guy get in the insurgent and creep up behind your shooters. http://i.imgur.com/87QskwZ.jpg
series A coke heli team land on the front roof, drop in through the hole, leave the coke on the bridge until everybody's ready to leave, then grab it, jump in the heli and fly straight to the warehouse
series A trash truck pickers don't get off until the truck backs into each location. kill the guys by the cars before you leave each location or they chase/gun you down. Take a wide sweep around at the gas station and blow up the pumps before you hit the yellow marker, because they will probably blow up at some point and ruin your day. Drive straight into the downtown loc don't back in or you might get the bag-stuck-to-ground bug. If that one's your last, you can just leave once the trash is in because guys are gonna be chasing you anyways.
series A weed bensons take the train tracks to the desert then hop on a road. technical follow the yellow route and destroy the roadblocks. :siren: warning :siren: if you clear out the sawmill too quickly, a train will pop out of the train tunnel just as you're entering and bend your trucks like a banana
series A meth 3 guys go in shooting, clear the south/west side. 1 guy steal a truck off the highway, drive in, take the trailer and head to trevor's gas station. the other 3 dudes have to stay at the farm and kill enough guys to trigger the "steal the meth" objective.
series A finale blow up the vehicles with explosives. clear out the dudes. head dead straight out of the warehouse up over the barrier onto the highway. technicall take the highway and kill all the mans. box trucks take a right through the barrier after the long bridge and follow the tracks until it crosses a level crossing and follow the road from there.
pacstanvanmans Drivers can dick around and do whatever, one of the navigators can, really too, or one person take 1-2, the other take 3-4, van 4 is usually the one marked as the one to take. then just take the yellow line home, very few cops spawn during this mission. http://i.imgur.com/KHMC9Pu.jpg
pacstan signalstart with a quick AWD car out of inventory. clear out the island, everybody get in the boat, head southeast to the river inlet, land by the road close to the river, and request your personal vehicle from the interaction menu. drive up the road, up the other road, once it allows you to start losing the cops, take a left into the hills, and either follow the hills around out of the car's view if you didn't get unlucky with the heli spawns, or hide under the bridge in the northwest corner of town if you did get unlucky. if you get tagged going under the bridge, drive along that ravine and there's another one to hide in by the lake
pacstan convoy use a heavy sniper to take out the heli as soon as it gets in sight. if you're not using a karuma, get the high ground and take out the gunner on the insurgent first.
pacstan bikes Host, set the outfits to host style choice, and set it to heavy combat. Then your dudes can wear the heavy armor and live the whole time.
pacstan finaleHave one guy buy the apartment right beside the bikes to the south, keep an armored karuma or insurgent in there. only one dude grab the money, others clear out the streets and have the money dude run into the alley, clear a bunch of the alley and jump over the short white fence. homing rocket the helicopters, get to the bikes. Everybody get on the bikes to trigger them, then off the bikes and run to the south into a gap in the fence and jump over, the apartment owner can enter his apartment with all nearby players, then head into the garage and everybody can get in the armored vehicle. Moneyman in the front passenger seat, duck down the whole way. follow the prescribed route so you lose the cops when you hit the parachute jump. Stay in the vehicle and huck the fucker over the mountain. don't land in that little one-in-a-million little crevace in the side of the mountain with the little tree in it that pins you into the hole, or your team has to run the whole way.

All the other missions are pretty much run and gun, steal this, shoot that. We did it in 7 hours with a bunch of connection problems and such and having fun and screwing around and stuff. I'm sure it could be done in 4-5 if you tried.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 10, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I'm looking for a goon to winswap races with this afternoon, for Sports cars. Profile on GTAO.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Can you winswap on created tracks?

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Powershift posted:

prison break cargo ship: climb the first crane, snipe the 2 dudes, parachute off. you have to hit jump, mash open parachute, and then hold the 2 slow parachute buttons all really quickly to land on the boxes with the car.

PC tip: LShift is the same as holding Q+E for parachuting.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

QuantumNinja posted:

I'm looking for a goon to winswap races with this afternoon, for Sports cars. Profile on GTAO.

Added you. Type of car doesn't matter, though, unless they changed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Just getting back to GTA online after a extended(1.5 yrs) away, and on a new platform(PC). Can you still inject SVG into crew emblems to make custom ones? Do the old ones show up in game(like the Weazel news one I made)? Anyone on PC want to schedule some heists with me? I'd prefer not to powergame them as I haven't played any of them and would like to get the whole experience. Any major things I need to know change since early 2014?

• Locked thread