Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Whoa.

And Ecco don't tell me how to vote! You're not my NOBODY BECAUSE NOBODY CAN TELL ME HOW TO VOTE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Also I still need to upload photos of two dishes!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

EccoRaven posted:

I mean straight up you are all just voting for me because I lied to get Alasdair voted out right?

Why would any of that make sense as scum?

"Oh but Ecco you could be scum trying to WIFOM us into thinking you're town!"

WIFOM doesn't work that way. On the off-chance I actually do eke out alive today, I'm still the brunt of suspicion for the rest of the game and I'll have to eke out a survival tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. If anyone else gets a vig kill, I'm the first to go; if anyone wants to jail me, bam, I'm done performing night actions. On the off-chance I do get to perform an action, I'm now being tracked every night!

It's just a plain-old not a very good gambit for scum, especially when the alternative - shutting up and mindlessly voting Alasdair - might get the same results but keep me from dying.

===

I'm not sorry for getting Alasdair killed; dude needed to go. If nobody took the initiative on him he would be alive post-game and beyond. If he was scum, even if we Played Mafia like normal, we'd still lose. He had to go.

I'm not sorry for lying; "Alasdair is an unanswered question and we should vote for him" is considered, because of the stupid politics of our community, scummy for even being suggested since "it's not scumhunting."

I'm not sorry for prodding many of you into actual activity; if I just went ":effort: #vote alasdair" this game would remain the snoozefest it's been since the start. We never would have seen LUTR bend over backwards to defend Alasdair, we never would have seen Anonymous try to convince me I was scum, Keane wouldn't have finally roused himself from the grave. It's still pretty apathetic overall but even if I die I am going to take full credit for this game not being Snoozfia 2015. :colbert:

My only regret, the only thing I'm sorry for so far, is: I wish Alasdair had been scum. I just know there's a scum among Chic, Keane, Krell, and Alasdair (if only by statistics alone). If Alasdair had flipped scum, even if I confessed to lying the next day, nobody would be even considering voting for me today. The only reason you're doing it is because he was town, and that's really annoying, but, the RNG is a cruel master.

I'm done posting for now in my defense; if you wanna apathy-vote me that's fine, it's almost certainly not exlo today (4 scum is absurd). But, three scum is pretty standard, so yeah tomorrow will be exlo. Have fun figuring out which worthless poster is scum, though, or alternatively getting them to vote for a non-worthless poster.

The way you're talking about game events is disingenuous and saying that to vote you is an apathy vote is straight up wrong.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Look Under The Rock posted:

The way you're talking about game events is disingenuous and saying that to vote you is an apathy vote is straight up wrong.

Nah.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Bomb-rear end Ramen

Another good one from CP. I overcooked the eggs a little the first time around and also forgot to put in the flavour packet, but I had leftover ingredients and had it again for breakfast doing it right. Decent take on a classic.

Baked Pear with Stilton

These were sooo good. Everyone should make them. You just need a pear, some cheese and some oil, how much easier can it be?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
My boyfriend and I made some french macarons!

They were SO GOOD! Although if we were to do it again, we would not use such a dark chocolate for the filling. But still, YUM!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Umm..guys? Deadline is in 3.5 hours. Let's do this.

##vote ecco

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Agreed.

##vote: Ecco

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
##vote ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote ecco :toot:

Enjoy my couscous.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for EccoRaven!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:ghost:

You all already know how I'll flip so feel free to start piecing it together before 100Yrs gets in.

Good luck scum!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Eccoraven, Town Vanilla, Tofurkey Grilled Cheese, has been killed D4!

Here's the recipe:

Ecco's "You Won't Miss It" Tofurkey Grilled Cheese Sandwich

INGREDIENTS:

- Bread
- Tofurkey (I really like the hickory-smoked variety)
- Sliced cheese (I like swiss)
- An avocado
- Some butter

DIRECTIONS:

Build it up! Probably should do at least one slice of cheese on each side as a base. I recommend no more than four slices total though.

Add some avocado! Be sure to slice it into thin sheets (using a small spoon makes this easy). My avocado was a few days old so it was a little brown on the top (a squirt of lemon will help prevent that I think), but it's not really a problem.

Fold the bread together. Heat a pan on medium, slap some butter into it, and plop the sandwich onto that. Let it sizzle for I dunno maybe 3 minutes. Watch for the cheese: once it looks like it's starting to melt, time to flip.

Pick up the sandwich with your spatula. Put more butter on the pan, and now cook the other side. Your first side should have a nice golden-brown color to it. Wait maybe only 2 minutes this time before removing it from heat.

Enjoy. I like it with tortilla chips for the bits of avocado that will inevitably fall off. I imagine tomato soup would also be fantastic.

Note that I fed this to my roommate without telling her initially that it was tofurkey. I revealed it halfway through and she was super surprised. At the end she said it was still delicious. Seriously guys giving up meat is really not difficult! With the right preparation you don't even notice.

Non-vegetarian variations will not be granted points. This dish is to be specifically kept as vegetarian. I personally will have trouble finding tofurkey so I just not going to use any meat substitute.

New Day will start once I either have all the night actions or Monday Morning Eastern. You'll have until then to cook the esquites, pad thai, and ramen. Thank you!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Whoops, sorry for starting the wagon on you Ecco. That was a hella scummy looking series of plays you did though. At least I retracted my vote. :(

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I was going to make Pad Thai tonight but realised I forgot to buy bean sprouts and I didn't want to undermine the purity of ExaktScience's vision. Tomorrow I hope.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The store has been restocked. Whoever wants to buy and use, now's the time.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I am beyond shocked that ecco was town. He acted scummy af

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:patriot: go scum!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Pad Thai

I made it with king prawns and also added some pak choi in on a friend's recommendation. Nice and light and fresh, I added a fair bit of chili and was concerned I might have made it too hot but it worked out just right. Got enough left for lunch tomorrow too!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Day 5 Begins!

Big Scary Monsters, Town Vanilla, Vegetarian Casserole, has been killed!

CCKeane, Mafia Goon, Potato Salad, has been shot!

The recipes are as follows:

Veggie Rösti and Egg Casserole
I am not a vegetarian but I've had some good vegetarian food in the past and it's fun to try new things sometimes. This is a dish I made to impress a vegetarian with my culinary skills (because it's easy and cheap) and my sensitivity to their dumb dietary choices (because I didn't know what they liked apart from not animals). It went down well and I thought it would work for this game for similar reasons. I got the recipe online somewhere but I don't write these things down and when I cook I mostly just guess at ingredient amounts. Obviously this is not real rösti because you fry those, Swiss people please don't send me your complaints because it's still nice.

You'll need:
- Rösti ready potatoes.
Make your own by parboiling potatoes in salted water until they are just getting tender (not too soft!), leaving in the fridge for a couple hours and then coarsely grating (you can chop instead but it's really tedious). Rinse to remove excess starch and drain well. Alternatively buy a pack ready made or shred some frozen hash browns (defrost first). I'm not sure how much; consider how much potato you want to eat. If I'm making my own I usually end up with way more rösti than I want because I'm bad at judging potato size, one or two decent ones per person is probably fine.
- A small turnip/swede.
These words mean different things in different parts of the world but both the yellow and the white root vegetable they commonly refer to are OK. I like the yellow one myself.
- Gruyère cheese.
A small lump equivalent per person. It's expensive so you probably won't want to use loads, although you can substitute for another mild, melty cheese if you like. It's kinda sacrilege not to use a Swiss cheese though.
- Eggs.
One or two per person.
- Black pepper, salt, nutmeg, maybe other other orange spices.
To taste. I wanted to use cumin but my vegetarian friend didn't like it. This dish isn't very strongly flavoured on its own so you can spice generously if you want - ground coriander, paprika or turmeric would probably work well. Otherwise you could add some heat with jalapeños, the basic rösti mix is pretty flexible so feel free to mess around here or just keep it plain.
- Chives, spring onions or similar green things.
Just a few chopped up for some variety and texture. I think I used some shallots last time too, chuck a bit of garlic in there as well why not.
- Plain flour.
A tablespoon. Two if you're cooking for several people.
- Greek yoghurt.
Couple of tablespoons each. I use the 0% fat stuff but don't let me tell you what to do.
- Butter.
For lubrication. Use a good dollop and save some for greasing.

Instructions:
Preheat an oven at 200°C. Shred your potatoes, grate your turnip, cheese and nutmeg, grind your spices and chop your veggies. Mix the flour and yoghurt together in a large bowl, then add all the other ingredients except the eggs and mix well. Spread into a pregreased casserole dish, pick one sized so that your mix is an inch or so deep. I think I actually used a large frying pan the first time. Put it in the over for half an hour, hopefully it'll be starting to go a bit bubbly and golden on top. At this point remove from the oven and make some little dints around the top of the casserole with the back of a spoon. Break an egg into each of these depressions and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the whites are firm but the yolks not quite hard. If you're craving more cheese take the casserole out a couple minutes early, grate more on top and return to the oven to finish. You can sprinkle on some more chives and serve with a leafy salad. Or if you've made a reasonably plain version, try going Swiss and dolloping on the creme fraiche and redcurrant jelly.

If you need some meat in your food you could add some of the pancetta you've got left over from the broccoli linguine, I think that would work pretty well.

and

It's Spring now which means you need to make potato salad to impress your friends while going to the park or something.

Here it is:

Serves 6 to 8

Serves 6 to 8

2 lb potatoes (red)
2 tbs salad oil
2 1/2 tbs cider vinegar
chopped parsley
2 tbs chopped onion
3/4 cups diced celery
1 tsp salt
3/4 cups (or more) Mayo
celery seed to taste
4 hard boiled eggs
paprika

(1) Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender (about 30-35 minutes)

(2) Drain, cool slightly, peel and slice

(3) Toss all ingredients into large bowl except parsley, paprika and 2 eggs (the other 2 eggs are chopped into the salad)

(4) Garnish with the 2 sliced eggs, parsley and paprika

(5) Chill and serve

I know what we're having this week!

I'll set the deadline up for Tuesday or Wednesday sometime tomorrow. I've eliminated some recipes from the list so just be sure to check up on it.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
:ghost: Good luck town. Avenge me! :ghost:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

That casserole is eerily similar to something my mom makes, probably i'll cook it in the next couple days

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Chic Trombone posted:

That casserole is eerily similar to something my mom makes, probably i'll cook it in the next couple days

Wow thanks for actually showing up. I'm surprised and actually kind of annoyed that you weren't modkilled days ago. I'd love to hear your reads on anyone still left alive.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hey guys!

I bought a watcher spice last night again, and used it to watch BSM because he was pretty much confirmed town and it seemed like the scum would target him.

Krell visited him. BSM is now dead. Either Krell is scum or is the stupidest vig-user in the world. Or both.

##vote Harold Krell

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think that's a good vote but with so few people left I don't want to rush into anything before everyone else shows up.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wall Mon I'd love to chat with you sometime about this game.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Wow thanks for actually showing up. I'm surprised and actually kind of annoyed that you weren't modkilled days ago. I'd love to hear your reads on anyone still left alive.

Finals season was rough this year.

As for reads, i had thought ecco was sure-thing a scumbo, and mh only other read was scum on Keane, so I need to reread desperately because i am sooooo disconnected from this game thanks to finals

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hey Krell, you got anything to say in your defense?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:ghost: since i went shopping today im doing the pears for dinner tomorrow and the tofurkey thing for lunch. Ecco, youll be glad to know i have embrace the spirit of your entry and actually got tofurkey :ghost:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

:ghost: Memorial day is coming up, try my potato salad!!! :ghost:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
RECIPE #1 FOR TODAY

Eccos vegitarian thing

Got me some provolone, tofurky, pickles, tomato, avacado, and honey wheat bread.

Slapped it on the bread with some butter on the outsides and sizzled it up on my cast iron.

sandwich money shot

and because I am not a heathen I ate my grilled cheese like a normal person with Tomato soup and a few chips.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The only way to eat a serious sandwich is with a soup and some chips. Looks great. That and the pear should be my lunch tomorrow. In the meantime I made potato salad!

Boiling red potatoes and eggs. I did not peel the potatoes. I'm too lazy for that.

Un-cut veggies. You've got some green onions in there, a shallot, and a bit of celery. There's also cilantro because I prefer it to parsley by like infinity. Also half a chili pepper just because.

The cut veggies. I threw one of the eggs in there out of curiosity. It's a spinning cutter that makes chopping things small faster and easier.

I ended up adding salt, pepper, paprika, a few pickles, and mustard besides the mayonnaise. I wish I had thought of putting in some cherry tomatoes but I forgot to buy them same as I forgot to buy hot dog buns for the sausages. No big loss though, hot dog buns here are terrible, and it was too late for me to go to the bakery. The French are like Henry Ford, they make the best bread as long as you're getting a baguette. Hamburger buns and the like are all awful and you can't get rolls (like kaiser rolls). Still baguettes are the best just... not super handy for everything under the sun.

I sent some nudges to the remaining few because it's Day 5 and there's no need to keep it so quiet. If it gets the blood running I could push the deadline to a sooner time to get debate going if necessary.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I was told to post more, so here I am.

wall monitor posted:

Hey Krell, you got anything to say in your defense?

Not yet.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Harold Krell posted:

I was told to post more, so here I am.

Thank you! :hfive:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think you need to modkill chic because this is ridiculous

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

To recap:

I am actively accusing Krell of scumkilling BSM, and claiming that I saw it by using a watcher power.

He apparently has nothing to say in his own defense.

So my question to you, yes, you there reading this: Why the hell aren't you voting Krell?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

wall monitor posted:

To recap:

I am actively accusing Krell of scumkilling BSM, and claiming that I saw it by using a watcher power.

He apparently has nothing to say in his own defense.

So my question to you, yes, you there reading this: Why the hell aren't you voting Krell?

Because it isn't in their best interests.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Krell did you kill bsm?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I think LUTR is scum ##vote LUTR

also the tofurkey sandwich looks good but I can't eat soy so i can't make it :(