Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
When I suggest buying used clubs I mean find a set in good to great condition, just about any cast club that hasn't been used much will look brand new.

I bought a set of ping s56 irons a few years ago that retailed for like 950 and I paid 400 or 450. They looked absolutely mint.

So yeah, I don't mean to say you should buy a set of mizuno mp30s that look like they went through a mulcher(although they'd still work just as good as new clubs for the most part). It's just that golf clubs lose like 60% of their value after being used for a dozen rounds.

The only clubs I get nervous on are woods, mainly because I don't want to buy something with sky marks on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
The order is this:

1 realize you want to try golf

2 borrow clubs

3 fall in love

4 buy a lovely used set

5 play terrible golf

6 take lessons

7 get better at golf

8 realize that the limiting factor in you game is your lovely clubs

9 get fitted by a professional

10 bliss

Edit: when my fit set comes through, you guys can buy my TM Burner Plus irons if you want.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I bought my Bridgestone irons used for a great price and am absolutely loving them; they're a soft forging so there's plenty of dings in them but it's purely cosmetic and doesn't affect their performance at all. They were cheaper than my first real set of clubs (Calloway Razr Xs) and feel a lot nicer when I make decent contact so I couldn't be happier. I think most of the clubs I buy going forward will be used as long as I can find things in good condition, the prices on eBay really can't be beat as long as you are buying from reputable sellers to hopefully avoid counterfeits.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Uh oh sergio..

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Keep the faith, gentlemen.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Impressive finishing stretch by Rick

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kameh posted:

Keep the faith, gentlemen.

It's not over yet but somebody's going to have to make a few birdies on 16/17/18 which is a pretty daunting task. I'd love to see Fowler win this one though with his finish, especially with people throwing that "overrated" label at him all week.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Suprfli6 posted:

It's not over yet but somebody's going to have to make a few birdies on 16/17/18 which is a pretty daunting task. I'd love to see Fowler win this one though with his finish, especially with people throwing that "overrated" label at him all week.

NBC is doing me dirty by showing that meltdown from 2013.

Edit: Haas with another lucky bounce into 16.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

To be fair, Rickie does get disproportionate coverage for someone with 1 win.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Did YOU SEE THAT gently caress YOU LOOK HE GAVE THOSE CROWD TROLLS?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Somewhere, Kameh just went full mast.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
"let's do this poo poo"

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus, this is freaking great golf.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

sergio looks like he just got out of a coke party in miami

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

This is loving bananas :getin:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

mattfl posted:

Jesus, this is freaking great golf.

Should have included The Players in our little dozen ball bet.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I want them to play 17 over and over until a winner emerges! I know it's 16,17 and 18 though.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
If I was in the gallery next to that "Bababooey" rear end in a top hat I would throw him into the lake.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
http://t.co/UD1umJwiyA

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Plz stop copying my twitter skills

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Predictions on who puts one in the water on 17??

I gotta go with Sergio :cheeky:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
See, I'm not hoping for the other two to hook tee shots into the water, but I'm saying I wouldn't mind.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That stare from Sergio after the birdie was some world class poo poo

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Missing the green from 110 is pretty bad Ricky, cmon man.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sorry Kameh.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Dagnabbit!!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jesus Fowler.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Left it short!!!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Overrated my rear end. Such a great finish, easily one of the best finishes this year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

itt we all give kameh a hug :sympathy:

god what a finish though

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Rickie's girlfriend is smoking hot, but the two of them are going to look like a god drat matching leather luggage set in twenty years.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So when the family thought he was going to lose, they bolted to the airport before Fowler finished. What a horrible family.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

EnsGDT posted:

Rickie's girlfriend is smoking hot, but the two of them are going to look like a god drat matching leather luggage set in twenty years.
Flaunt it while you got it.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Flaunt it while you got it.

Oh most definitely.

Edit: can this young generation please show up and crush at the Ryder Cup pleasseeeeeee

EnsGDT fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 11, 2015

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Of course it's disappointing that the great Spanish swordsman Sergio Garcia :spain: did not claim victory,
but Trickie Rickie closed that poo poo out beastmode style. :ca:

ps: I thought he was making out with his Sister at first :stonkhat:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 11, 2015

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Rickie Won? Awesome :)

Saw this on GolfWRX - looks sweet:

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 11, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Halo14 posted:

Wow, and to think, it's about time for a new driver! I'd rock the poo poo outta that club.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Halo14 posted:

that looks sweet as gently caress

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Oh poo poo, you can already buy it!

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/vapor-speed-golf-driver/pid-10503632/pgid-10503633

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30155900/nike-limited-edition-volt-driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
Any of you dudes want any golf clothes for the cost of shipping? I am moving at the end of May and started cleaning out my closets.

So far I've found 3 Nike Dri-Fit shirts (XL) 3 Under Armor (XL) 1 pair of Nike pants (38x32) 1 Pair of Under Armor shorts (38 waist) - Pretty sure I have at least 3 more Nike shirts kicking around somewhere. I don't remember wearing any of this stuff. Mostly because I wear medium golf shirts from Nike and anywhere from 32-34 waist depending on brand name. I haven't been "fat" in years and it was only a short stint of being a lard rear end so these XL and 38 waist items couldn't have lasted more than 1/4 of a season. I'll take some pictures once I finish digging it all out, but I wasn't sure if any of you could wear them or not. It's either this or they go to Good Will/ Trash.