Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
To tighten this down, post one car, and let's make 12 the upper age limit of 'childhood'. Extra credit: Do you still want one?

Here's mine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yes.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Though it was only a concept car...

I still would. Thank you Gran Turismo keeping the car alive.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Still would.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm smashing past the boundries of "Childhood" into "Young adolecence", but from 12 to 15 i wanted a 23 window VW Bus becuase of Mystery science theater 3000 (Back when they were "Only" 8 to 12 thousand for a rusty broken one.

When i was a real kid? I didnt give a single gently caress. My moms corolla was a badass racecar because it had a moon roof.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I was a hardcore Chrysler fanboy prior to my mid-teens.

:lol: this kind of explains why I like weird/terrible cars as an adult

And I had a huge crush on the 94-01 Ram. Especially that VTS concept they did (exactly an SRT10 Ram but in the '90s).
Oddly enough I wasn't as crazy about the Viper as perhaps I should have been.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tommychu posted:

I was a hardcore Chrysler fanboy prior to my mid-teens.

:lol: this kind of explains why I like weird/terrible cars as an adult
AMC Eagles touched me as a small child. Now look where we are.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Six year old me was FURIOUS at my dad for selling my beloved 1973 Dart 4 door in baby poo poo green with an emerald interior front and rear bench seats and a white vinyl roof to purchase my grandmother's 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator with a 351 Cleveland 4V motor because the buckets in the Eliminator weren't as comfortable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

My dad had one.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

In a heartbeat.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I'm sure this will be enough to know what I'm talking about.

Sormus fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 11, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chevelle SS until i saw a model of this in a hobby shop and had to have it. 1:18 die casts of the road car, 2 silver race car liveries, and the tamiya 1:10 RC of the original-teile livery with the engine busting out of the hood.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I wasn't really into cars as a kid but this is about as close as I got.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

"Hero" is relative.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I never gave a poo poo about cars until I was probably 16. My mom tried to get me interested in the neighbor's Mustang when I was little, but I hated it. The first car that ever gave me strange lustful tingling feelings was Y2K era 911 GT3s

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

[e] The General Lee was literally a hero.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 11, 2015

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

My dad had a model on his desk at home when I was a kid.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Same.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-fans/mad-max-replica-cars/mad-max-interceptors/gordon-hayes-second-interceptor/Im000440.jpg

Dunno if I still want one. I only really had a dirty case of lust for a car when I was somewhat older.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

I don't want one now, but I'll take the powertrain out of one to swap into something :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iForge posted:

I don't want one now, but I'll take the powertrain out of one to swap into something :v:

But they're impeccably maintained, dirt cheap and everywhere. I i'd love to turn one into a car hauler.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Still is, for that matter.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Except it also could pop out wings and fly!

blk
Dec 19, 2009

MrChips posted:

Still is, for that matter.

Is it parked on coffee beans?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Yes, please.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

leica posted:

[e] The General Lee was literally a hero.

Same here on this one. It was all about the noise.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

A Cossie obviously. Would still have one now.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003
The R32 GTR. I used to live someplace where it was actually possible to purchase them, so they were around but always quite rare due to the cost. By modern standards they're not that quick (400hp with light modifications, 1/4 in the 12's), but in the early/mid 90's that was incredible. Their V8 supercar story is great too. I'd still buy one, bubbly dash and all, the 89's are coming into the US now for $20-30k..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
"Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Doc, uh... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"

I still want one.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CannonFodder posted:

"Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Doc, uh... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"

I still want one.

Yuuuup, it's this one. I watched that movie so many times as a child that I wore out the VHS tape.

I was really disappointed to learn how slow they actually are, but given the chance I would totally own one, no question.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

Still the best driving song :colbert:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Don't care that it is French it is a 600bhp rally car that was so fast it was banned along with the rest of Group B

On a similar note the 405 T16 going up Pikes Peak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJsHlugRls4

BigPaddy fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 11, 2015

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I'm almost 30, and I still want a malaise era shitbox dodge.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Thelonious posted:

I'm almost 30, and I still want a malaise era shitbox dodge.

I finally watched this for the first time the other day and understood why it's such a cult classic.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

I still want one.

This. Of course I'd still own one. I'm halfway there already.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

F40. Do i still want one? Hell yeah, but i would never drive it on a public road and only until it needed service because i only have so many organs to sell.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I love that you can gauge posters ages by these to within 2 or 3 years

blk
Dec 19, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

I love that you can gauge posters ages by these to within 2 or 3 years

I posted the V8 Esprit because I like the spoiler placement better on it but it came way after I turned 12 :-/

Runner up for me was a Delorean as well, but hey, they share some design and the Esprit is a little less terrible to drive.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

SW's Supra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Oh man I just spent an hour trying to remember what this car was called.

So 90s it hurts but I loved this thing. Something like 600hp.

• Locked thread