Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
are there any goons on who want to do some race win trading so i can pimp out my dune buggy? I'm SA-Luna on rssc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Working on a new prison break strategy. I can land the velum in the prison beside rashovsky, but taking off is a little tricky.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
HOLY poo poo the tank is fun to use. Pretty fragile especially if you keep nuking things close range, but fun.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Xenaero posted:

HOLY poo poo the tank is fun to use. Pretty fragile especially if you keep nuking things close range, but fun.

Protip: you can go into passive mode while in the tank and still crush all cars except other players, and the car crushing barely touches engine health.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nintendo Kid posted:

Protip: you can go into passive mode while in the tank and still crush all cars except other players, and the car crushing barely touches engine health.

will indirect explosions kill them? I heard one removed wont but 2 will

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also so far the flight school missions are actually fun. it helps that the guy training you is funny to listen to

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Luna Was Here posted:

also so far the flight school missions are actually fun. it helps that the guy training you is funny to listen to

Getting golds on the helicopter ones on keyboard is not fun. I shoulda just hooked up a controller.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
I was gifted a tank online once, and it was amazing. I had just died with a bunch of friends trying to infiltrate the army base. I spawned on the metal bridge back entrance. As I was walking across the bridge back to civilization, I heard a horn honk right behind me. It was a tank, presenting itself very politely for the taking.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alan Smithee posted:

will indirect explosions kill them? I heard one removed wont but 2 will

Yeah 2+ removed will kill them but it's super hard to set that up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Xenaero posted:

Getting golds on the helicopter ones on keyboard is not fun. I shoulda just hooked up a controller.

The helicopters are terrible with any control scheme.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yeah 2+ removed will kill them but it's super hard to set that up.

I did have a situation where a dude was going into passive and hid in the vinewood hills so I him had staying in place but because I kept dying to cops before I could figure out how to get them to kill him or blow up some cars nearby I just couldnt do it. Wondering if a tank and 5 stars might help

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Powershift posted:

Working on a new prison break strategy. I can land the velum in the prison beside rashovsky, but taking off is a little tricky.

This sounds hilarous - how are you managing it? Are the SAM sites not a problem?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Loten posted:

This sounds hilarous - how are you managing it? Are the SAM sites not a problem?

I would imagine flying low would work but I have no idea where a long enough strip of land could be found

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Every time I fire up GTA Online I can't aim out of cars until I do a race, and it will continue working until I exit the game. Is there a permanent fix to be able to shoot stuff from cars without having to do races every time?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

KennyLoggins posted:

Ya its dumb. I remember on the 360 you could destroy people cars with a jerry can and exhaust flames and not get charged with destroying a car but that's been patched out for a while now I think.

As far as last 2014, August, on ps3, that does not occur. As of last week on ps4, that does not occur. I think you may have been mistaken, or are doing it incorrectly. Regardless it is more a waste of your time and effort than their's, they can just call in a new car no probs, still no cost to them and you wasted the time and ammo to burn their car and it probably was at the impound lot or at Mors, which makes it worse, since it was probably out of the way for you. or you got a wanted level.

hellfaucet posted:

Weird bug last night, I was in a game with a ton of goons and at one point I noticed I had every single weapon made for the game in my scroll wheel, even poo poo I didn't unlock or find: hatchet, musket, crowbar, etc. I got REALLY excited and started hatcheting people for like 20 minutes. I eventually joined a mission with some dudes and when I came back out all the weapons were gone. :smith:

I haven't done the dll modification or use any hacks or trainers, so I thought it was weird that they all just randomly appeared on me, and I hadn't been rolling around with anyone else at that point.

Gaussburg cleaner, fireworks launcher, or rail gun? I guess with the hatchet that is kind of amazing, if you never had had it before, but I think the rare one time only guns, might be something worth pursing that issue with, if that is the case.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 12, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Made the O'Neil Meth Heist into a mini-movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zseVy30A4s&hd=1

Not pictured: The drive at the end, which we failed horribly at :v:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Taking the western highway on the pacific standard heist is so much easier than the cluster gently caress of a route Lester gives you it's absurd.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Why would you skip the driving part of the heist, it's the most fun part of it by far. Last time me and my friends did it we didn't even lose any money on the way, other than 20k from the other carrier faceplanting onto the boat at the very end.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

hellfaucet posted:

Weird bug last night, I was in a game with a ton of goons and at one point I noticed I had every single weapon made for the game in my scroll wheel, even poo poo I didn't unlock or find: hatchet, musket, crowbar, etc. I got REALLY excited and started hatcheting people for like 20 minutes. I eventually joined a mission with some dudes and when I came back out all the weapons were gone. :smith:

I haven't done the dll modification or use any hacks or trainers, so I thought it was weird that they all just randomly appeared on me, and I hadn't been rolling around with anyone else at that point.

I ran into some weird poo poo similar to that tonight but it worked the other way around. I was completely disarmed. Nothing but fists in the weapon wheel.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Taking the western highway on the pacific standard heist is so much easier than the cluster gently caress of a route Lester gives you it's absurd.

I assume you are referring to the four oh five

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

Why would you skip the driving part of the heist, it's the most fun part of it by far. Last time me and my friends did it we didn't even lose any money on the way, other than 20k from the other carrier faceplanting onto the boat at the very end.

Because the jump from the route I described literally puts your karuma or car directly on top of the boat.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
By what definition is Series A considered a heist. It's just a series of missions that are loosely connected. There's no heisting, there's not even collecting equipment to set up the final job like in Prison Break. It's just a chain of missions that you arbitrarily don't get paid for until the end. It's funny that they said it took them over a year to get them in the game because they had to keep remaking them to get them right, and this is what they came up with.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Party Plane Jones posted:

If you get along the first road which is simple if you're at all competent on bikes, you can just shoot straight down the gully at the end and go off road for the entire rest of the route and never worry about the cops at all, except for very briefly at the tunnel checkpoint. I don't see why running hundreds of roadblocks on the highway would be any easier or even fun, honestly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

vug posted:

What does it mean when pubbies start following you round in freemode, not attacking or talking, just following you
I was on my female character so I dunno if there was some kind of preternatural courtship going on

I got cat called once. :v:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm a foxy redhead in game but my name is Hisdudeness so I dont get marriage proposals

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Whenever I play games like GTA or Destiny I'm always reminded how much people enjoy the grind and the loot of games more than the actual gameplay. Everyone always wants to do things the easiest way and not necessarily the most fun way. I have a friend with a modded PS3 that would actually teleport us to the mission objective then back to the drop off point when I finally had to stop and ask myself "why am I even playing this?"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

frenton posted:

Whenever I play games like GTA or Destiny I'm always reminded how much people enjoy the grind and the loot of games more than the actual gameplay. Everyone always wants to do things the easiest way and not necessarily the most fun way. I have a friend with a modded PS3 that would actually teleport us to the mission objective then back to the drop off point when I finally had to stop and ask myself "why am I even playing this?"

Well it just so happens that grinding solo in GTA Online is more fun then playing with others, so.... :v:

It's also significantly faster.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Loten posted:

As long as you're below the light towers, while you're over the prison, you're good as far as i can tell.

Also, rashovsky won't get in anything until all the dudes are dead, i guess. i can land the heli in the prison right beside him during the firefight, and he just keeps shooting the guys instead of leaving.

still, using the heli to take out noose makes it a super easy job.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 12, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Powershift posted:

As long as you're below the light towers, while you're over the prison, you're good as far as i can tell.

Also, rashovsky won't get in anything until all the dudes are dead, i guess. i can land the heli in the prison right beside him during the firefight, and he just keeps shooting the guys instead of leaving.

still, using the heli to take out noose makes it a super easy job.

We've never tried that because "you get shot down"

:negative:

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

I said come in! posted:

Well it just so happens that grinding solo in GTA Online is more fun then playing with others, so.... :v:

It's also significantly faster.

To each their own, I don't care. I just mean more like an example like this; I'm playing Method in the Madness with some randoms, I pick up one of the meth packages, hop back in my car and start driving towards Trevor's trailer. One of the other guys, who spent the entire mission not helping us and going to get his helicopter finally arrives and starts screaming into the mic "STOP! STOP! Get in my chopper! We can just fly over there! It's safe!" and it's like "but driving at high speeds while getting shot at and avoiding death is way more fun than riding passenger in your helicopter for the next couple minutes."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

We've never tried that because "you get shot down"

:negative:

lol, ask any of the large number of goons i've run demo for how it goes.

There are 2 good locations to hover that give you clear aim at most of the noose guys.

The red circles are from i can gather the "yougoboom" zone. the blue are the optimum hover areas. the left for wave 1-2, the right for wave 3-4. The purple are the 2 "runways" i use if i'm the pilot. depending on where i am when the dudes hit the gate.

That's the windfarm in the bottom right, the police won't follow you through if you fly low through it on the getaway.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 12, 2015

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
Is that bug still around where garaging a street car overwrites a car already inside your garage or did they squash it?

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Hikaki posted:

Is that bug still around where garaging a street car overwrites a car already inside your garage or did they squash it?

Supposedly fixed in the most recent patch.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
How the gently caress are you supposed to get a 1 on 1 deathmatch? I've been roaming around killing people and letting them kill me to get one going but I can't get one going. gently caress this lovely daily bullshit. 1 away from another week, too.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

RosaParksOfDip posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to get a 1 on 1 deathmatch? I've been roaming around killing people and letting them kill me to get one going but I can't get one going. gently caress this lovely daily bullshit. 1 away from another week, too.

After you kill someone twice they have the option to start a 1 on 1 deathmatch with you as they respawn, which you then have to accept on your phone. Good luck getting this to happen in the wild, maybe someone in the goon crew could help you out, or else ask in the freeroam chat?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I normally do all my dailies with a buddy but our schedule hasn't aligned these past couple days. I know how to get it but actually getting someone to challenge me or accept my challenge is a royal pain in the rear end.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

join the goon mumble, it's the place to ask for daily trades and also race trades and heist trades

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
So how to people go about actually getting together and gunning down any fool who isn't us? Hell I'm honestly at a loss at what to do in general starting out. Still really new to the game (rank 4) and just got into LLJK. Anyone I try to fight instantly blows me up.

Though somewhat funny thing, noticed one of our own near someone who killed him a few times, go to back him up, he shoots at me and I'm forced to retreat as said guy guns him down. :ohdear: I then die instantly after whiffing 2 near point blank shots. :downsgun:

e; - ^ oh yeah I guess mumble is a thing.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Cojawfee posted:

The helicopters are terrible with any control scheme.

the thing that drives me nuts is how the camera follows the rotor hat and not the rudder, so if you're turning left while tilting the rotors right to manoeuvre onto that trailer for instance, the loving camera starts looking the wrong way so you can't see what you're doing, and you would need three hands to hold the stupid camera steady. gently caress helicopters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Zeratanis posted:

So how to people go about actually getting together and gunning down any fool who isn't us? Hell I'm honestly at a loss at what to do in general starting out. Still really new to the game (rank 4) and just got into LLJK. Anyone I try to fight instantly blows me up.

Though somewhat funny thing, noticed one of our own near someone who killed him a few times, go to back him up, he shoots at me and I'm forced to retreat as said guy guns him down. :ohdear: I then die instantly after whiffing 2 near point blank shots. :downsgun:

e; - ^ oh yeah I guess mumble is a thing.

when you reach a higher level you get grenades and remote bombs, it's not terribly high. A lot of people have this car

which makes you nigh impervious to bullets so if you see one with those windows your odds of killing the driver are very slim (not impossible but slim)

keep in mind if you blow up someone's personal car and it is insured, you will have to pay for it, which is a real bitch esp in the beginning when you are saving money. There's an indirect way to blow up their cars which wont charge you but it requires having access to it bc they arent around to drive it. You put another car next to it and light it on fire.

There's also a workaround to getting weapons you arent high enough level to buy. If you collect them in Survival or any deathmatch type games they will let you keep it for the duration of your session.

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 12, 2015

• Locked thread