Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

The Deadly Hume posted:

You are, of course, referring to the Collingwood who knocked over three cellar dwellars and just got schooled by Geelong, who are middling at best.

Hey, all he said was they aren't a 'total turd'. Not that they're a contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Surely I'm not the only one that's noticed that Freo are embarking on St. Kilda's exact 2009 season?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Shmoses posted:

Surely I'm not the only one that's noticed that Freo are embarking on St. Kilda's exact 2009 season?

So Geelong's going to play them in the Grand Final, and fail to win every quarter bar the last one?

We'll need to get Milburn back in the team to give away two goals before half time.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Shmoses posted:

LOL please let this be true.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Nobody noticed they were actually good until about round 18 so it checks out

e: I miss oystertoadfish :(

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

tnimark posted:

Hey, all he said was they aren't a 'total turd'. Not that they're a contender.

Yeah, there's a world of difference between the pies and whatever the gently caress Carlton and Richmond think they are serving up

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

You Am I posted:

So Geelong's going to play them in the Grand Final, and fail to win every quarter bar the last one?

We'll need to get Milburn back in the team to give away two goals before half time.
Nah it'll be Sydney.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thread title is still accurate, good to see.

All I want out of all this is for Hird to lose his job and Dank to never be allowed near people again.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Shmoses posted:

Nah it'll be Sydney.

Derby Grand Final please

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
If Freo get up in the second Derby this year, a Derby GF would be the tie breaker.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Thread title is still accurate, good to see.

All I want out of all this is for Hird to lose his job and Dank to never be allowed near people again.

yeah, this

I'm so glad we are back to the 9 top stories on the she's footy site being about Essendon.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 12, 2015

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm so glad we are back to the 9 top stories on the she's footy site being about Essendon.

They keep saying they're sick of it but you just know the journo's have all been salivating over the prospects of another year of it.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
:siren: Players named :siren:

EDIT: Erm, they've taken it down now. Breaches some of their own by-laws I think

Boonys Cut Shot fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 12, 2015

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

After 3 years the names just get dropped out of nowhere. gently caress this whole thing.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Shmoses posted:

:siren: Players named :siren:

EDIT: Erm, they've taken it down now. Breaches some of their own by-laws I think

And you can still see them if you look for the google cache page!

Good to see this case has been referred to some real loving professionals finally.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

hiddenmovement posted:

Derby Grand Final please

Derby and Showdown Prelims would be better.
EDIT: Yay more drug chat! :nixon:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Haven't seen it yet but apparently on 360 Hird accused ASADA of destroying evidence :allears:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Haven't seen it yet but apparently on 360 Hird accused ASADA of destroying evidence :allears:

Dear CAS, I'm innocent but the investigators destroyed all evidence proving that, therefore please find me innocent tia

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

He eluded to it, didn't outright accuse them of it.
I was disappointed because Gerard started having a crack at Hird over if Essendon had been found not guilty (they hadn't, it wasn't considered) and Hird fobbed him off once and then when Gerard realised Hird wasn't getting it he moved on.

Also they showed footage of Clay Smith during the game on Saturday where the realisation of what he had done struck him while we was being stretchered off. Poor kid was in tears.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

pkid posted:

Also they showed footage of Clay Smith during the game on Saturday where the realisation of what he had done struck him while we was being stretchered off. Poor kid was in tears.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

pkid posted:

He's contracted till 2016 so he's not in any danger of being delisted this year but he has to feel deep down that his career is pretty much over. Such a horrible shame too, I remember his debut against West Coast in 2012 and he tore it up but that just seems to long ago.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

More or less, yeah. He said he'd seen the spreadsheets on the players that had received certain injections that got sent to Ian Robson and then to ASADA.

pkid posted:

I was disappointed because Gerard started having a crack at Hird over if Essendon had been found not guilty (they hadn't, it wasn't considered) and Hird fobbed him off once and then when Gerard realised Hird wasn't getting it he moved on.
Nah, that was perfect - Gerard managed to establish that Hird fully believes that they were vindicated by the decision in April despite the wording of the verdict, and then moved the interview on because it wasn't worth dwelling on anymore and would have just devolved into an argument. I thought it was brilliant.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Robodog posted:

And you can still see them if you look for the google cache page!

Or you can read it in the herald scum.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Shmoses posted:

Perhaps even 2004 - hopefully they bring out a Streak DVD as well.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

:siren: Robbo wrote an article saying that the reason WADA are appealing is because they want to find out the truth :siren: loving top notch journalism there. Now his latest article has a spelling error in the title.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Only in the title?

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

wada-appeal-is-a-nightmare-for-the-essendon-players-and-the-afl-are-worries-mark-robinson-writes

It's a good thing they have a pay wall to ensure content can be kept to the highest of quality.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
If I was the afl if be worried that mark robinson writes too.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

He must have hit the rum and coke and coke a bit hard last night.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Cloud the Cat posted:

wada-appeal-is-a-nightmare-for-the-essendon-players-and-the-afl-are-worries-mark-robinson-writes

It's a good thing they have a pay wall to ensure content can be kept to the highest of quality.

The AFL are indeed worries

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Brent Reilly has been forced to retire after fracturing his skull during preseason. At least he got a decent career in before hand I guess.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gay picnic defence posted:

Brent Reilly has been forced to retire after fracturing his skull during preseason. At least he got a decent career in before hand I guess.

:smith:

I hope this is just a precautionary measure and he doesn't have any other serious complications from it.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

NTRabbit posted:

Only in the title?

Well I didn't bother to read the rest...

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Yeah, hope it doesn't cause any problems in his post footy life

Also rumours are Kane Cornes is retiring after his 300 so he doesn't miss the next intake for the fire brigade?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Rumours be true.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Well, it's a novel reason to be retiring, I'll give him that. Especially in the middle of a flag tilt.

Best of luck to him.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Huh. I doubt being a firey pays as much, but good luck to him.

Lines!
code:
15.05 ESS  904 NME  940  at DCK :  78 -  82 NME by   4 (53%)
16.05 ADE  963 STK  550  at ADO : 122 -  69 ADE by  53 (91%)
16.05 HAW 1196 MEL  657  at MCG : 112 -  58 HAW by  54 (91%)
16.05 CAR  629 GWS  754  at DCK :  95 -  95 GWS by   0 (50%)
16.05 SYD 1111 GEE  924  at HMB :  93 -  62 SYD by  31 (78%)
16.05 WCE 1057 GCO  673  at SUB : 116 -  66 WCE by  50 (90%)
17.05 WBD  804 FRE 1170  at DCK :  71 -  96 FRE by  25 (73%)
17.05 RIC  822 COL  905  at MCG :  76 -  84 COL by   8 (58%)
17.05 BRL  474 PAD 1053  at GAB :  63 - 109 PAD by  46 (88%)
Yeah, on the "GWS by 0" biznat, basically the ratings correspond to one tenth of a behind, basically GWS is rated just ahead of Carlton (like, literally 0.5 of a behind) after I add the 12 point travel thing.

Bombers vs Boners is also looking tight, as will be the vaunted Meth Fiends vs Meth Fiends game.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Liberatore has re-signed until 2018, hopefully meaning that not even Hawthorn will be able to pry him away.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It'd be weird having a Liberatore play for anyone else.

We'll probably grab Bont instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

The Deadly Hume posted:

Huh. I doubt being a firey pays as much, but good luck to him.

Lines!
code:
15.05 ESS  904 NME  940  at DCK :  78 -  82 NME by   4 (53%)
16.05 ADE  963 STK  550  at ADO : 122 -  69 ADE by  53 (91%)
16.05 HAW 1196 MEL  657  at MCG : 112 -  58 HAW by  54 (91%)
16.05 CAR  629 GWS  754  at DCK :  95 -  95 GWS by   0 (50%)
16.05 SYD 1111 GEE  924  at HMB :  93 -  62 SYD by  31 (78%)
16.05 WCE 1057 GCO  673  at SUB : 116 -  66 WCE by  50 (90%)
17.05 WBD  804 FRE 1170  at DCK :  71 -  96 FRE by  25 (73%)
17.05 RIC  822 COL  905  at MCG :  76 -  84 COL by   8 (58%)
17.05 BRL  474 PAD 1053  at GAB :  63 - 109 PAD by  46 (88%)
Yeah, on the "GWS by 0" biznat, basically the ratings correspond to one tenth of a behind, basically GWS is rated just ahead of Carlton (like, literally 0.5 of a behind) after I add the 12 point travel thing.

Bombers vs Boners is also looking tight, as will be the vaunted Meth Fiends vs Meth Fiends game.

Crows by 53? They did flog the poo poo out of us last time, but with no Sloane and our recent good form I'd hope we do a bit better than that. We'll still lose but I hope we put up a decent fight.

Cornes probably doesn't want to have to go to the back of the queue to get into the fireys. I'm not sure how different the SA fireys are, but a guy I know had to wait two years after doing the initial selection before the MFB had a position available so he could start the full training/job. And that's assuming they are even taking new applicants - the MFB hadn't been for about 8 months last time I checked and the SA MFS is currently closed as well.

• Locked thread