Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Alan Smithee posted:

when you reach a higher level you get grenades and remote bombs, it's not terribly high. A lot of people have this car

which makes you nigh impervious to bullets so if you see one with those windows your odds of killing the driver are very slim (not impossible but slim)

It's also a car that's loving annoying at times as the armor windows won't let you shoot at certain angles, and you can't toss remote bombs out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I know it's normal for cars to go missing in SP but is it normal for fully insured and tracked cars to go missing in GTA:O? Pretty sure one of my muscle cars has just vanished into thin air.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mr Scumbag posted:

I know it's normal for cars to go missing in SP but is it normal for fully insured and tracked cars to go missing in GTA:O? Pretty sure one of my muscle cars has just vanished into thin air.

Make sure it's not in the insurance company or impound. somes cars don't show up in my garage but show up in the list my mechanic can deliver.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
go to M and then go to "request personal vehicle". If it's not in your garage then call the Mors insurance company

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
made a new dude

the "injured" facial expression is unexpectedly useful to make you look inbred
in a way a wood panelled station wagon is more practical because it's got 4 seats but can't compete with a duneloader with a load of junk in the back for having "the look"

as i thought though, levelling a new character is a completely pointless hardship and about all alts are good for is different player profiles on the same account

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

If the Kuruma didn't let you shoot from inside the car everything would be perfect. Nobody can shoot you, you can't shoot anybody.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

vug posted:

made a new dude

the "injured" facial expression is unexpectedly useful to make you look inbred
in a way a wood panelled station wagon is more practical because it's got 4 seats but can't compete with a duneloader with a load of junk in the back for having "the look"

as i thought though, levelling a new character is a completely pointless hardship and about all alts are good for is different player profiles on the same account

McConnaughey only drives lincolns :colbert:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
So, is it possible to own a Stallion in GTA:O? From what I'm reading, the little info I can get is that you can't, but I'd love to know for sure.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Odobenidae posted:

If the Kuruma didn't let you shoot from inside the car everything would be perfect. Nobody can shoot you, you can't shoot anybody.

Rockstar, please do this and remodel it into this:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mr Scumbag posted:

So, is it possible to own a Stallion in GTA:O? From what I'm reading, the little info I can get is that you can't, but I'd love to know for sure.

You can buy a Stallion from the Southern San Andreas Super Autos website on your phone. It'll cost you 71k. I don't think you can buy a hard top variant but the convertible is available.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

Check the in game car sales website. Fairly sure it's for sale there.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Thanks Pound_coin

If anyone needs a hearse i am usually online from 6pm gmt+10. (au)
poke me or someone when i am on the mumble.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Snakes in a can posted:

Thanks Pound_coin

oh man I wonder if you can get a pic of anita sarkeesian as a crew logo

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
Can I switch my main crew and apply the emblem to clothes without it changing if I swap back so I can have that one brown leather jacket with an intricate letter on it like a letterman

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Alan Smithee posted:

...in the beginning when you are saving money.

At what point does this happen, because I've been spending money as fast as I get it. I have a high-end apartment, garage is almost full of cars, fully-stocked weapon wheel and full ammo, a bunch of clothes... but then I got the pre-order bonus too so mileage may vary.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Mexicat posted:

Can I switch my main crew and apply the emblem to clothes without it changing if I swap back so I can have that one brown leather jacket with an intricate letter on it like a letterman

Nope.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Why.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

At what point does this happen, because I've been spending money as fast as I get it. I have a high-end apartment, garage is almost full of cars, fully-stocked weapon wheel and full ammo, a bunch of clothes... but then I got the pre-order bonus too so mileage may vary.

Saving money as in to get all these things you just listed...

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Snakes in a can posted:

Thanks Pound_coin

Thanks from me too! I didn't go with the crew respray but I did add the decal, some pink neons, a clown horn and dollar sign rims.

Big thanks to the Prison Break crew as well for putting up with me as a clueless demo on my first run. Can't help but feel I may be spoiled for future runs with that quick landing tactic.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Odobenidae posted:

No, that's stupid.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

yeah, same. But I imagine someone who doesn't know how to grind "properly" will take a while to get to their first mil

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

No, that's stupid.

Correct one way bullet proof glass is an awesome invention and should be used more often.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Very appropriate title. I got so frustrated and stopped even trying to play online because over half of the time "playing" was spent waiting in loading screens and lobbies only to constantly fail missions when someone dropped out.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

orcane posted:

Saving money as in to get all these things you just listed...

Then buy cheaper cars :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Then buy cheaper cars :colbert:

buying cheaper cars is a bad idea since it always leads to regret when you want something more armored/faster. Unless there's some novelty value to it.

Like a clown car full of goons that you drive off a cliff

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

socialsecurity posted:

Correct one way bullet proof glass is an awesome invention and should be used more often.

blow it up
go passive
find a new session
play invite only
buy one for yourself

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?

I said come in! posted:

Well it just so happens that grinding solo in GTA Online is more fun then playing with others, so.... :v:

It's also significantly faster.

What is actually the fastest way to gain experience? They seem to have nerfed races.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

ElwoodCuse posted:

blow it up

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

iFriend posted:

What is actually the fastest way to gain experience? They seem to have nerfed races.

4 man contact missions are quite lucrative and the easier ones can be soloed

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'd assume spamming missions on hard difficulty

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

vug posted:

6-8 man contact missions are quite lucrative and the easier ones can be soloed

and if you keep them going you usually start just outside the first objective

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

blow it up
go passive

This can also apply to the front stoop of a High Mental State player when they're in their fancy apartment. I tried it once, there was a guy with a red skull who'd stopped to get a car out of his garage, and I peppered the ground outside with proximity mines and also waited with a homing launcher. He came out, spawned ahead of the mines but I was ready with the launcher and blew the poo poo out of his van. Then I went passive... feels good, man.

I might make that my hobby now :getin:

e: also you might be wondering about insurance costs? The payout for killing a red skull player overwrites that pretty handily.

VV Oh yeah? I thought I remembered there being no red cash deduction. Neat!

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 12, 2015

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I'm pretty sure you're not charged for mauling a bounty'd player's ride.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

This can also apply to the front stoop of a High Mental State player when they're in their fancy apartment. I tried it once, there was a guy with a red skull who'd stopped to get a car out of his garage, and I peppered the ground outside with proximity mines and also waited with a homing launcher. He came out, spawned ahead of the mines but I was ready with the launcher and blew the poo poo out of his van. Then I went passive... feels good, man.

I might make that my hobby now :getin:

e: also you might be wondering about insurance costs? The payout for killing a red skull player overwrites that pretty handily.

Red Skull = Bounty = No Insurance Payout

Also, if you really want to gently caress with people, wait till they go into a store and huck a Prox Mine above the front door. Maybe start beating on their car with a bat if you want to speed the process up.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Alan Smithee posted:

:v:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Anyone down for doing Pacific Standard heist tonight from beginning to end? I already started the heist as a host but my friend hasn't been around to finish it with me and now Lester wants me to start from the beginning again.

Add me as friend on RSC, same user name.

I'll probably be on around 6pm EST and hanging out in mumble.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

She's cool and makes dumb nerds really, really mad.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hellfaucet posted:

Anyone down for doing Pacific Standard heist tonight from beginning to end? I already started the heist as a host but my friend hasn't been around to finish it with me and now Lester wants me to start from the beginning again.

Add me as friend on RSC, same user name.

I'll probably be on around 6pm EST and hanging out in mumble.

I'll run it with you.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

Very appropriate title. I got so frustrated and stopped even trying to play online because over half of the time "playing" was spent waiting in loading screens and lobbies only to constantly fail missions when someone dropped out.

New players have no idea how good they have it as compared to console launch. It was a complete disaster. Sure, it's still wonky as gently caress, and even so is still a hundred times better than the early days.

drat kids get off mah lawn...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Brosnan posted:

She's cool and makes dumb nerds really, really mad.

There's hobestly a nice rush to having a bounty on your head but constantly trying to jack cars until you get one is tedious and asking Goons to do it costs money

• Locked thread