Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

Why do you think this is an all vanilla game?! I was thinking out loud about the setup as it genuinely did seem odd that a vanilla would shoot one person (especially after we discussed it yesterday). And calling me dumb isn't gonna help you dick. I get that you're gonna say this is just an OMGUS vote but genuinely gently caress you.
##Vote BottleKnight

Wow lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Lumpen ... must be terminated.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Peta calls the shots here, not Peta.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

chaoslord posted:

Short version is he lurked D1 to the tune of like 2 posts, then comes in with this crazy setup spec/trying to convince everyone again that town should all totally vig the same person. Then he flips right out at the first sign of pressure from BK and then again from me. Happy to jump on a bandwagon that has literally zero justification because now it's lunch anyone but him.

Oh ya btw you have a single okay point (your last one). I'm unmoved.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That's fine. Kleedrac came in and admitted to reacting poorly and that he understands why the votes are on him. If you're unmoved, you're unmoved. I'm fine with my vote where it is.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Reminder to everyone that there is a deadline tonight.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
is kledric scum?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

JakeP posted:

is kledric scum?

I mean I don't know how far the rabbit hole I have to go, but it seems like every time someone lashes out in a really lovely way like kleedrac did to me, people say oh it's probably just dumb town. But I think the intent of the poison bullet post was a distraction red herring, the OMGUS lash-out save-my-rear end votes were almost intentionally bad, as to look like bad town, and if he is town then he has an immediate, lovely attitude towards it. All that is why I am still voting kleedrac atm.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

JakeP posted:

is kledric scum?

Sadly no, I feel like I've let this game down. I came out tired and frustrated and acted quite scummy and as a result there has been very very little discussion today and my lynch is imminent. The best thing to be said is tomorrow you can look for the people sluffing into the bandwagon vote as they are probably scum keeping their heads down on a VT lynch.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

BottleKnight posted:

I mean I don't know how far the rabbit hole I have to go, but it seems like every time someone lashes out in a really lovely way like kleedrac did to me, people say oh it's probably just dumb town. But I think the intent of the poison bullet post was a distraction red herring, the OMGUS lash-out save-my-rear end votes were almost intentionally bad, as to look like bad town, and if he is town then he has an immediate, lovely attitude towards it. All that is why I am still voting kleedrac atm.

Nope, the poison bullet thing was me hypothesizing because in my tired brain we had all agreed to try a VT vig after night one so I didn't get why I would have been shot (plus lack of a scum kill) It was a bad move and it certainly looks scummy as hell - I get that. But yeah it wasn't a red herring or anything.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Nope, the poison bullet thing was me hypothesizing because in my tired brain we had all agreed to try a VT vig after night one so I didn't get why I would have been shot (plus lack of a scum kill) It was a bad move and it certainly looks scummy as hell - I get that. But yeah it wasn't a red herring or anything.

Why did you lash out at me like you did? Are you just going to blame it on being tired?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

is kledric scum?

I'm less sure than yesterday but it's my strongest read.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

kleedrac is not scum

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

BottleKnight posted:

Why did you lash out at me like you did? Are you just going to blame it on being tired?

Mostly yes, I thought I had a good idea of what was going on at the time.
Your post:

BottleKnight posted:

This game is all vanilla. So no, there could not be a poison bullet.

But the intent of this post is very scummy. "Hey, guys, we're all vanilla here, right?" Trying to claim and then IMMEDIATELY talk about scum setup, including something that is obviously against the setup. Either you're intentionally trying to look dumb, which you can easily hedge out of saying you forgot, or you are just trying really hard to get the focus off yourself.

##vote kleedrac
Had some things that were misinformation "This game is all vanilla" and you basically railed on my hypothetical statement making it sound like it was a common scum tactic or something. Now I overreacted to it badly, I admit that. But even now your post seems horrible, though no one will listen to me anymore can you not see why I'd get annoyed at your post and react badly to it?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

kleedrac is not scum

o gently caress who is

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Had some things that were misinformation "This game is all vanilla" and you basically railed on my hypothetical statement making it sound like it was a common scum tactic or something. Now I overreacted to it badly, I admit that. But even now your post seems horrible, though no one will listen to me anymore can you not see why I'd get annoyed at your post and react badly to it?

I can see why you could disagree with it, I agree I was confused on some things. But reacting badly to it like you did just makes it seem like you are not having fun playing mafia.

I kind of agree that kleedrac is not scum. He lashed out but that's not indicative of his alignment.

##unvote

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

BottleKnight posted:

I can see why you could disagree with it, I agree I was confused on some things. But reacting badly to it like you did just makes it seem like you are not having fun playing mafia.

I kind of agree that kleedrac is not scum. He lashed out but that's not indicative of his alignment.

##unvote

I enjoy mafia - I play a lot of werewolf but I tend to get roped into moderating so it's nice to play :) I do have a lot of fun but I also check it first thing in the morning which as my wife will attest to isn't a good idea lol

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
At this point I don't think Kleedrac is scum but I also don't think we have time to find another lynch and build momentum for it. Sorry buddy :/

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Ok maybe I'm wrong ##unvote

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

razorrozar posted:

At this point I don't think Kleedrac is scum but I also don't think we have time to find another lynch and build momentum for it. Sorry buddy :/

Okay, this post is enough for me.

##vote razor

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BottleKnight posted:

Okay, this post is enough for me.

##vote razor

Yeah that looks really really loving bad and I didn't put enough thought into it before posting. I'm an idiot, lynch away.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

razorrozar posted:

Yeah that looks really really loving bad and I didn't put enough thought into it before posting. I'm an idiot, lynch away.

If you're scum, this is a bad gambit. If you're town, this is a bad attitude. I wish less town people would just give up and say yeah go ahead just kill me in response to votes.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote lumpen

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

razorrozar posted:

scum are usually more caregul, razor seems like he is letting it flow despite saying questionable things

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

o gently caress who is

##vote lumpen

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haven't been paying attention why we vote lumpen now?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Lumpen hasn't made a post all day 2;
##Vote Lumpen

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

Lumpen hasn't made a post all day 2;
##Vote Lumpen

He's made 2. They weren't good posts, but he has posted.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
his entire game is voting im gay twice and the worlds worst content game

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

JakeP posted:

his entire game is voting im gay twice and the worlds worst content game

How does this make him scummy, vs. just a bad lurker?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im always easy vote though since im also low content lovely poster though, which is why i vote him now
##vote lumpen

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
:regd08: ##vote Lumpen

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
@Bottleknight you are correct he's had 2 posts in day 2. One of which was:

Lumpen posted:

Maybe there are no Scum and the gimmick is that only hatred and the 2nd amendment threaten the Town.

I'm OK with voting Lumpen - though here and now I'll say if he's right I owe him a huge apology.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Someone needs to post the rolling start video imo

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

chaoslord posted:

Someone needs to post the rolling start video imo

I'm not sure what that is - post it so I'll know ;)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kleedrac posted:

I'm not sure what that is - post it so I'll know ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If we don't submit an action do we just randomly shoot someone or is there a chance we actually do nothing?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thanks BottleKnight. Kleedrac, Rolling Start is the semi-official anthem of any good turbo and needed to be posted as such.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

If we don't submit an action do we just randomly shoot someone or is there a chance we actually do nothing?

I didn't shoot last night and still have my bullet so I imagine only full actions get RNG'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't know about you but as VT I only have one bullet per game - are you breadcrumbing you have more?

• Locked thread