Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I recommend that documentary on the ET Atari game if you're at all interested in why some games just come out wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Schnedwob posted:

through the failure of some games, others are made all the more epic. now please imagine that as a Talos Principle message

actually, do that for every post ITT

What the hell?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GreaseMonkey posted:

I paid $50 for donkey conga...

I paid full retail price for The Bouncer and Driving Emotion Type-S. Something like $165.00 total including taxes in 2000-2001.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I think the PS4 is not a great console right now, but I wish that it were less expensive and had more great games, because then I would purchase them and play them!

it is a great c onsole. u can like record your gaming as you do it and stuff. thats cool

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

it is a great c onsole. u can like record your gaming as you do it and stuff. thats cool

while that does sound cool, the number of games i would play do not yet justify the price for me as compared to my Wii U.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
mgsv, bloodbourne, witcher 3, new cod if you're into that, star wars battlefront might be good? new batman as well. can't forget persona 5 which looks amazing, plus kingdom hearts 3 and final fantasy 15 are next year i think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The batman games are bad

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The batman games are bad

This simply is not true.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
some of the gameplay is lacking and they've never met the hype past the first one but i'd never say the games are "bad"

not worth full price but fun to play

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i bought the dlc for arkham city where you're robin and at some point i was stuck in a corridor where the map did not load behind any of the exits so i was stuck there and upon restarting all my progress was wiped. anyway, i stopped purchasing arkham products after that experience.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The gameplay is boring and that's all I care about in 95% of games I play

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Arkham Asylum was cool and it was fun to explore the island. i never bothered with the 12 sequels because i felt like i got what i wanted from the first game and it was unnecessary to play them

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The batman games are bad

what the gently caress

https://youtu.be/K4Fvsgv0bYw

The gameplay is boring and that's all I care about in 95% of games I play

WHAT THE gently caress

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Arkham Asylum was cool and it was fun to explore the island. i never bothered with the 12 sequels because i felt like i got what i wanted from the first game and it was unnecessary to play them

i liked exploring the asylum a lot more than the open world they added

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

there were too many collectibles in city too, asylum had just enough

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

there were too many collectibles in city too, asylum had just enough

I wouldn't mind the collectibles in City as much if there were more of the actual riddles, but at least they made the trophy puzzles different a lot of the time, something Origins didn't bother with at all apparently.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

As much as I enjoyed Arkham City, Asylum is a much much better paced game. I've played through it three times without getting bored, while my interest in City fizzled out during my second play through.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They made the fighting better, but the exploring worse.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i hope we can all enjoy videogames from whatever styles and genres we like.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I bet you do, videogames

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

owl milk posted:

plus kingdom hearts 3 and final fantasy 15 are next year i think.
this would have been news to be excited over 10 years ago. square just doesn't do it for me anymore

Dec 26, 2012

for many people, its still news to be excited for

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

01011001 posted:

for many people, its still news to be excited for
that is true. i'm in no position to negatively judge people who want to play these games

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
kingdom hearts was super cool when i was a kid and i will probably buy the new one out of nostalgia

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

emoji posted:

I bet you do, videogames

:wink:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

final fantasy 15 is the first final fantasy that ive ever given a poo poo about so im really excited for it

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

owl milk posted:

kingdom hearts was super cool when i was a kid and i will probably buy the new one out of nostalgia

I'm always super salty that japan gets the best version every time

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sharrrk posted:

final fantasy 15 is the first final fantasy that ive ever given a poo poo about so im really excited for it
is there something in particular about 15 that you like?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sharrrk posted:

why? i am glad you are excited but it seems that most of the things to be excited about are things that would apply to previous titles in the series.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

for one thing it's an action rpg, which is way more up my alley than turn based games and navigating menus. i like the setting a whole lot, where it's like this real-rear end earth except theres monsters and magic and poo poo. i like that the main party only has 4 characters and they are all together from the very beginning, so it's unlikely any of them will ever feel unnecessary to the plot, and i really like the interactions between them all. i like that the outfits and character designs don't look completely stupid, while still being goofy. i like that one of the party members is a chef who cooks delicious food out of the ingredients that you've bought when you camp at night with your Coleman brand camping gear.

i've been looking forward to the game since i first heard about it as versus 13, but the demo especially left a great impression on me so i'm definitely getting it when it releases.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that actually does sound pretty cool, especially the action RPG part. i'll admit it, i'm slightly interested now

i'm generally a pessimist so my hopes aren't high, but maybe i'll be proven wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bubsy 3d showed video game developers that, hell, everything isn't actually better in 3d and opened the door for some classic 2/2.5d games in the 3d era (oddworld SotN etc)

In this gamers (humbl)e opinion a little failure can go a long way op

• Locked thread