Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Robzilla posted:

So yeah, I looked at it....

My first thought was...

Progression actually easily allows me to make crafting a Fedora instantly force you onto the rear end-Haggian tech tree, so I can totally make it fitting.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I don't play the pack, but I do read up on people playing with the CoFH oregen. Might I suggest rare surface deposits in biomes matching the veins assigned to them? Players would get an impression of what ores are assigned where without having to understand the oregen files.

A good idea and point, will do. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also if you're doing an insane amount of work... HQM quests to walk us through progress trees and how to use certain mods.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Turtlicious posted:

Also if you're doing an insane amount of work... HQM quests to walk us through progress trees and how to use certain mods.

I think that's the point of the Progression stuff.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

It sucks that we can't get Archimedes, is there any other vehicle or airship mod we can get? I like those.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

StealthArcher posted:

it was half built on the drunken ramblings of buddies in TeamSpeak
Given the crew that's involved, I think I can safely say that no one is surprised by this.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
anything changing for omp sigma?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

StealthArcher posted:

Somebody on the RR team is capable of affording either a dedi host with 64GB RAM, or made their own 64GB/Xeon machine and colocates it (probably the latter).

In short, they have way more money than I do, I couldn't possibly afford that.

E: Multiple teams can do this apparently. Wish I had that kind of money to throw away on servers :shrug:

E2: Yeah, there's no way they're not colocating, 64GB dedis for straight up hosted are in the near 1k/month range. gently caress sakes, that's like an apartment in cost. A server. Jesus Christ.

I host my minecraft (or other games) server on a VPS with the following: 20 cores of Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620, 94 gigs of ram. :getin: Knowing the right people in the right places is the best.

It's really nice when you can just throw more ram or cpu power at a problem. Especially in minecraft, where a lot of mods are written like absolute poo poo (Hi, reactorcraft).

Speaking of reactorcraft, I haven't built any reactors in over a year. Is there a max :spergin: reactor mod out yet, that actually works? I like big reactors on a server because you can actually build one without a mind blowing grind, but for some creative dicking about with nukular fission, I'd like something on the level of reactorcraft, but with less compatibility/performance bugs.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

I host my minecraft (or other games) server on a VPS with the following: 20 cores of Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620, 94 gigs of ram. :getin: Knowing the right people in the right places is the best.

It's really nice when you can just throw more ram or cpu power at a problem. Especially in minecraft, where a lot of mods are written like absolute poo poo (Hi, reactorcraft).

Speaking of reactorcraft, I haven't built any reactors in over a year. Is there a max :spergin: reactor mod out yet, that actually works? I like big reactors on a server because you can actually build one without a mind blowing grind, but for some creative dicking about with nukular fission, I'd like something on the level of reactorcraft, but with less compatibility/performance bugs.
Reactorcraft stuff looks so loving cool sometimes.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

StealthArcher posted:

Progression actually easily allows me to make crafting a Fedora instantly force you onto the rear end-Haggian tech tree, so I can totally make it fitting.

A good idea and point, will do. Thanks!

Pardon, but what pack is this and can I find it through Technic? Seems like this would be worth giving a run.

V: Thank you, I shall definitely have to give it a try.

The Snark fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 11, 2015

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
He's talking about the impending update to the OMP-i pack, due to be released later this week sometime. Currently the pack doesn't have the Progression in it, but it's still a very competent kitchen-sink style pack.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What's the progression of mining heads under Iguana Tweaks? All I ever remember is that it starts with a flint head.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Don't quote me on this, but I think it's something like

1 - Flint
2 - Copper
3 - Iron
4 - Bronze
5 - Alumite / Obsidian
6 - Cobalt
7 - Ardite
8 - Manyullyn

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Alternatively:

1 - gently caress all that
2 - melt some chain pants
3 - steel

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Pretty close, pulled this from the Iguana Tweaks page:

0 Wood/Stone/Netherrack/Paper/Slime/Cactus
1 Flint/Bone
2 Copper
3 Iron/Thaumium
4 Bronze/Steel
5 Obsidian/Alumite
6 Ardite
7 Cobalt
8 Manyullyn

Regrowth monkeys around with the tiers to extend it still further by sticking Thaumium and then Steel after Alumite.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Guys I'm starting to do some spotlights again. I just finished with TE, but I'd like to do some lesser known but really fun/cool/up and coming mods. Anyone have a suggestion of a mod that may fit into that idea?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks all. Now I suppose the problem is finding some flint with my fists alone, since I guess wooden tools don't work under Iguana Tweaks.

Strange how you can never find gravel when you actually want to find it :(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
honestly I was down on Iguana tweaks but when I rolled with it I ended up upgrading my flint pickaxe to ardite mining level before I had even gotten my base built.

The frustrating part is that I had only recently figured out how to make the tinker's bow into a murder machine and you cannot really do that immediately with the tweaks on.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

wylker posted:

Guys I'm starting to do some spotlights again. I just finished with TE, but I'd like to do some lesser known but really fun/cool/up and coming mods. Anyone have a suggestion of a mod that may fit into that idea?

RFtools. Rf teleporters, dimension building, shields, block warding, mob spawners, environmental controller that can feed you with RF. It's awesome.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

bigperm posted:

RFtools. Rf teleporters, dimension building, shields, block warding, mob spawners, environmental controller that can feed you with RF. It's awesome.

I'd dig this too. Also, direwolf videos are mentioning something called Immersive Engineering, but buggered if I can find anything about it.

TheDead1
Aug 12, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I'd dig this too. Also, direwolf videos are mentioning something called Immersive Engineering, but buggered if I can find anything about it.

https://github.com/BluSunrize/ImmersiveEngineering Looks like you might need to compile it yourself.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hah, good find. Guess your google is better than mine.

I'm missing a piece of the Iguana Tweaks puzzle. I've got some copper and my flint tools... but how, if I'm single player, can I bucket lava into the smeltery to make casts to make the copper head? I can't mine Iron yet. :confused:

(edit) Or for that matter, the gold for the casts themselves. :confused::confused:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 11, 2015

TheDead1
Aug 12, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Hah, good find. Guess your google is better than mine.

I'm missing a piece of the Iguana Tweaks puzzle. I've got some copper and my flint tools... but how, if I'm single player, can I bucket lava into the smeltery to make casts to make the copper head? I can't mine Iron yet. :confused:

(edit) Or for that matter, the gold for the casts themselves. :confused::confused:

For the lava you need to use the clay bucket from iguana, and the cast I'm guessing you can mine aluminium which can be made into aluminium brass (3x copper, 1x aluminium I think) for creating casts.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Acne Rain posted:

The frustrating part is that I had only recently figured out how to make the tinker's bow into a murder machine

Do tell.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Well I never made a tinkers bow and arrow before because I thought that refilling arrows would be annoying (I imagined I'd have to recraft arrows individiually to get more and have to reapply modifieers)

But in recent versions of TC at least, durabillity of your ammo and how much ammo you have's the same thing.

So use a combination of arrow parts that gives you a decent number of them to start, add a moss ball and a poo poo ton of quartz, and you have killer arrows that never run out ever.

Again dumb and obvious once I had never tried it.
And this doesn't quite work out in Iguana tweaks because numerous arrows = weak arrows to start with, so you're stuck with some lame poo poo until you manually level up a modifier slot or two. (you probably need one slot of moss + 2 or more for quartz piles)
Best idea is to make a mob trap of your own liking and plink ineffectually on them until you level your arrows up.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 11, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

TheDead1 posted:

For the lava you need to use the clay bucket from iguana, and the cast I'm guessing you can mine aluminium which can be made into aluminium brass (3x copper, 1x aluminium I think) for creating casts.

Doh, I forgot about those. As it turned out my solution was to dig some more with the flint pickaxe until suddenly it could mine iron. :downs:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I've been fuckin around with the tinker's crossbow and shurikens and they are pretty fun. I keep loading the crossbow up with as much redstone as I can to see how fast you can get the reloads down to. Can you level up the haste gloves at all? I kind of wish shurikens could be thrown into walls and used as platforms but that would probably make them way buggier so yeah I understand why they don't. I will probably try the bows out sometime just to see if they do more damage faster or not.

Also if you don't know already, the scythe is a great weapon for crowd control and also very helpful for farming, especially with agricraft. One left click and you can pop off a 3x3 agricraft farm and the seeds will be replanted instantly, it rules.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Doh, I forgot about those. As it turned out my solution was to dig some more with the flint pickaxe until suddenly it could mine iron. :downs:

Thats the other way of doing it,

With my pack (MorePower II ) I have tinkers + iguana

Flint - use until it levels up and gets another slot + random boost. keep using until head levels up then you can get level +1
Swap out head and relevel
rinse repeat

Every time i level a pick i get Fortune, Speed, Autorepair and the one i hate - Auto smelting

Edit: sometimes i do get durability but its usually fortune (if not I add fortune)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You can also put mob heads onto your pick to level it up if it's low enough.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
I still can't believe some people still prefer ComputerCraft. The lack of Unicode box drawing characters to use, among other things, are why I prefer OpenComputers -- but the admins decided that CC was the "better" choice.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Danny Glands posted:

I still can't believe some people still prefer ComputerCraft. The lack of Unicode box drawing characters to use, among other things, are why I prefer OpenComputers -- but the admins decided that CC was the "better" choice.

CC is only worth it if MiscPeripherals is added

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

StealthArcher posted:

rear end-Haggian tech tree

I don't remember this being a thing, or I might have been only half conscious, please advise!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

rear end-Haggis posted:

I don't remember this being a thing, or I might have been only half conscious, please advise!

Its the joke tech tree. Instead of science, you have to spend sewage buckets and you start off only able to make vanilla stuff and the requisites for sewage grates.

And the advancement order is completely coked up.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
I made a spotlight of TE 4, let me know what you think goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaOmN4Dvic

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

wylker posted:

Good work!

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
Can anyone give me some reccomendations on adventure maps that don't require too many mods are are multiplayer functional? They don't have to be built with mp in mind, just being functional is fine.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

wylker posted:

Nice touch with the igniter. :flame:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

wylker posted:

You're a terrible, awful person because now I want to play Minecraft again.

Any recommendations for good modpacks that have Te4 in it? I just like building stuff.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play on OMP-I but wait for the update in 2 - 3 days

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Kris xK posted:

You're a terrible, awful person because now I want to play Minecraft again.

Any recommendations for good modpacks that have Te4 in it? I just like building stuff.

Discovery: Modderation: Permabanned Minecraft Official Server has TE4, plus other magic (and other) mods, and attempts to stay relatively up-to-date without any world resets (none since Goonception on 2014-08-09).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
There's also that Agarian skies 2 alpha someone uploaded. I've been playing that.