Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I did get a big laugh out of Santino eye loving Violet and her asking him to go to Red Lobster. Dasvidaniya :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

This season sucked. Virtually no one had an endearing personality or any significant talent. Phi Phi O'Hara would have fit right in.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
Yeah, I preferred Katya's performance to Kennedy's, though Kennedy's performance tonight was much better than what she did in episode 3.

Fully, completely team Violet now, even though Pearl entertains me so much. But Violet's performed so well, she deserves it. Crown the bitch.

Loved the challenge prize. But that might be because I've been consistently using Loungefly HK purses for the past couple years now. Got a gloriously gaudy sparkly gold one for Christmas to use after I retire my midnight blue one.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

CaptainScraps posted:

Who am I going to cheer for now?
Stuck on this question myself. Violet's perpetual cunty sideeye I guess?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want Pearl to stay for as long as possible so she can make really weird faces and be super hot and stuff.

So Pearl, I guess?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

spite house posted:

Stuck on this question myself. Violet's perpetual cunty sideeye I guess?

That's who I'm going for, she's the only one left who's been consistently well-polished and a game performer. Everything I've found out about her makes me think that she's completely and totally dedicated to drag. The crown fits.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

that was a poor lip sync from Kennedy and goddamnit, doing the splits twice shouldn't count as an automatic win button if you'll just flail around the rest of the time also stay on the staaaage ugh legit disgusted at this poo poo.

Violet or Pearl are who I'm hoping for; and I'm astonished that Ginger didn't get read more for her hideous dress. why Ginger and Kennedy are getting away with mediocre work is completely beyond me, though I did appreciate Ginger going non-feline for the BFF bit of the challenge.

sour grapes. I've got plenty.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Jesus, the decisions this season. Never have I disagreed with who was in the bottom two or who went home since All-Stars. Violet better loving win or this whole season is a wash.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

the escape goat posted:

sour grapes. I've got plenty.

I'm still so bitter you have no idea.

Having a seizure right in front of the judges' table should be recognized as nothing but goddamn desperate. Yuck.

Also, I do like Pearl and her ethereal aesthetic, but turning that blanket into a Snuggie and sending it down the runway was just lazy. Genius, but lazy.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Katya never got to show off her Twin Peaks Black Lodge dress. :smith:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 12, 2015

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Well, gently caress. :smith: All aboard the Violet train.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

WHAT IS THE POINT TO LIFE ANYMORE I DON'T EVEN KNOW

Just in time for Mother's Day :( MOM COME BACK I LOVE YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pretty much.

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

I did get a big laugh out of Santino eye loving Violet and her asking him to go to Red Lobster. Dasvidaniya :(

I'm 100% on team Violet for the Red Lobster thing.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Watched it again because apparently I'm a goddamn masochist, and the really hosed-up thing is that Katya's lipsync was objectively so much better. More accurate, more song-appropriate -- she loving killed it.

So yeah, pretty much the worst thing ever to happen ever.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
That episode was exhausting to watch, I cringed so much.
Happy mother's day
:negative:

Panzer Attack
Mar 9, 2013

girl, take it easy
Is Ru going senile or what seriously what the gently caress is even happening this season I am so sadmad. My work mate and I accidentally got spoilered at work (we live in Australia) and howled so loudly my boss ran in to see if we'd killed a dog or something.

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING GO HOME BITTER QUEENS UR NOT EVEN GOOD

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the truth posted:

This season sucked. Virtually no one had an endearing personality or any significant talent. Phi Phi O'Hara would have fit right in.

I've said it before, but I really think there is a chance that Ru is starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for drag talent in this country. It's a niche industry. Just how many undiscovered queens are still waiting out there that they could cast a whole new season AND have clear standout talent? Ru might need to wait a few years for the talent pool to fill up again.

As for why Kennedy won over Katya - Katya's outfit was better, Katya's lipsync was better, Katya's performance overall all season has been better. Again, I've said it before, Ru loves a ghetto queen, and Kennedy has been delivering that all season. Shangela, Coco Montrese, we've seen it before, queens lasting around for far longer than they should because a ghetto queen just makes Ru lose her absolute poo poo.

It's becoming pretty clear why the season was so delayed in its airing. It was discussed a lot that it was possibly due to Michelle Visage being on Celebrity Big Brother UK, but that never made sense to me. It's not like she has been hitting the talk show circuit to hype it up.

It's because this is a lackluster season, and Ru and World of Wonder were struggling to edit the season into something worth watching.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 12, 2015

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Finally saw the episode.

gently caress.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
If someone would be willing to make an avatar size of Katya last week in the half/half drag I'd be forever grateful ::3:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

If someone would be willing to make an avatar size of Katya last week in the half/half drag I'd be forever grateful ::3:
Not ideal, but it's something.

Also, have my favorite Katya thing and maybe favorite lipsync ever. :nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDEs6Ie92kc :nws:

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

:dance: thank you! I love it. Now mom will always be with me ~

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It's amazing that Katya actually made the the whole "wacky Russian" schtick work. It's so outdated and bad and yet I actually laughed.

e: the wife and I are rewatching Season 3 now as well and drat there were some great challenges then. Also it's weird that when they lip sync to Bad Romance the track has the word "bitch" censored to "bit"

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Yeah, gently caress this show. Kennedy has been weak this entire time and got through so many of the early challenges on the shoulders of her teammates.

I don't even care who top 3 is now.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

My reaction when Mom went home:

It's one thing to do splits and drops to coincide with a beat, but holy poo poo, Kennedy's just seemed desperate. Flailing around like she was having a seizure is not a good look. By the time Kennedy started doing all that, I knew Katya was gonna go home.

Pro-tip to all future contestants: lose your poo poo during a lip sync and you'll stay in the competition, I guess.

I can pretty much stop watching now, right? I mean, I like Pearl, but not enough to keep tuning in. loving mess this season turned into.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Alright everyone pack up your poo poo and close this thread we're done

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

this season was hosed the moment Ru pronounced .gif like it was goddamn PEENA-PEENA-PEANUT BUTTAH

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I like Kennedy and Katya was my favorite in the competition. I think Katya was the stronger competitor overall but Kennedy killed it in that lip sync. While the early episodes were pretty rough, the last few challenges have done a much better job of showing what the queens are really capable of.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

At least we have one more RuGrets on the way, right?

Ugh, so over this season. Echoing the same sentiment from the thread.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
There isn't a gif mad enough to express how I feel right now :mad:

grantsnx
Mar 11, 2006
Forget Regret
Katya not staying is a crime against humanity (and our future entertainment.) Kennedy has not delivered for so long and is just a wasted spot. If Violet doesn't win I might pretend like this season never happened.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
I'm going to keep watching, but beyond kind of hoping that Violet wins, I don't really care all that much anymore. Not even going to make an attempt to avoid spoilers.

Apparently tomorrow's RuGrets and RuFlections will be the last, but she's going to keep making videos, so we still have that!

Have you guys voted for Miss Congeniality yet? I voted for Katya, and I think she has a good chance of winning, but it might also go to Max, or possibly JDF.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Hi! Never watched this show before this week. My wife has been marathoning it.

I... think it's pretty hilarious. I guess this is my place, now!

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I feel like the biggest problems this season have been the extremely obvious producer interference (Trixie, Max and Katya eliminations and Ginger's continued success) and the focus on the goddamn acting/scripted challenges. The only memorable challenges this season have been the conjoined twins and the half drag.

I'm hoping Violet or Pearl win but I'm pretty sure it will be Ginger.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

I think my problem this season has been the use of teams. It seems like they only made so many team challenges in order to use the 'judged as a team' umbrella when they needed it. e.g. Kennedy not getting criticism on her hot mess of an outfit or Trixie being eliminated a second time even though she did well. I mean I get why they did it that way, just an annoying crutch used for the purpose of ~the story~.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

Yeah, I agree with both of you. A lot of people have disliked this season, and I hope the producers have learned from their mistakes and will change those things for season 8. I just hope they don't change Untucked, because that was the high point of this season.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Saying it again, worst season ever. Ru making wrong calls. Totally a set up for Ginger to win. I don't even try anymore. I look at the screen, see the drag queen I think deserves to stay, say, "Nope, Ru's sending her home," and time and TIME again, I'm right this season.

I don't think there's a limited pool of queens; maybe I'm spoiled for choice, but hell, I'm in Texas and wander around the big cities and I've seen a ton of queens audition and be charming, funny, and glamorous, and NOT make it every year. That's just one state and a pretty conservative one. It's no excuse for the crapbag we got this season.

Someone said it earlier in this thread and it bears repeating: RuPaul doesn't particularly care about the show anymore and is calling it in. Now I'm just pulling for a Violet or Pearl win to salvage something of this shitfest. :smith:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I can see being a drag queen and not wanting to apply - if you get the bitch edit, you are now the bitch to all of the planet. I guess the backlash on social media has been really nasty this year too, Jasmine apparently got death threats and whatnot, when all she wanted was to be a cocoon butterfly like a cocoon and then a butterfly, you know?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

New theory: this is all just to ensure that an Alaska/Katya team-up will dominate All Stars Season 2.

It will be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

caligulamprey posted:

New theory: this is all just to ensure that an Alaska/Katya team-up will dominate All Stars Season 2.

It will be worth it.
Can you even imagine

it would be amazing

• Locked thread