Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oldpainless posted:

God in heaven TNA is still in business?

Billy Corgan works there now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

I wonder if Bryan still pines for a SOLID GOLD BOAT

"I don't even care that it would sink! I would HAVE IT!"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

TNA's not even funny bad anymore. It's just bland and inoffensive like 2001 WCW.

Unlike 2001 WCW though, TNA doesn't have Scott Steiner.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 8, 2015

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

"I don't even care that it would sink! I would HAVE IT!"

Don't forget an airplane!

God that rant is the best, especially the part near the beginning where they talk about the Kennedy-Angle stuff is just...TNA is incredible

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That's not dumb. Face Dean is going nowhere. The only way that it's dumb is that it's going to be used to get Reigns over.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it is stupid because he already had the big break he needed to make the top of the card hope this helps

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

it is stupid because he already had the big break he needed to make the top of the card hope this helps

Also Face Dean is mega over and sells lots of merch.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm pretty sure that was like a topvoted .text post on reddit the other day like HEY maybe they won't make dean a jobber if he's a HEEL, arbitrarily

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also Face Dean is mega over and sells lots of merch.

Plus the idea that everyone HAS to support this (dumb) decision

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The opinion is dumb but not really interesting but I guess it's kind of funny that he put it in a macro wherein he does a little "guys hear me out" deal rather than doing a brief witty summary or telling a joke like the medium would prescribe. Also that there's a bunch of these at that site apparently.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It's an anonymous confession deal. You send them a message, they find an appropriate pic, add the text, and post it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Plus the idea that everyone HAS to support this (dumb) decision

I, too, would like to see my hero Dean Ambrose make far less money in merch sales when he's absolutely killing it right now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hey I thought the rules were no goon posts and I'm pretty sure Jeffrersonlives still posts on SA somewhere

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

6 months ago I was sure Ambrose would be heel by this point. Figured with Cena, Bryan, Orton & Reigns all at the top, he'd just be floundering as a nothing babyface when he could be a #2 heel.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

6 months ago I was sure Ambrose would be heel by this point. Figured with Cena, Bryan, Orton & Reigns all at the top, he'd just be floundering as a nothing babyface when he could be a #2 heel.

Bryan dying helped but even then it's amazing where Dean is, even considering the hot-ice age back and forth nature of his booking.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe I am the stupid wrestling fan in this equation, but is it really a big step up from him to be in the title match when it screams "designated pin taker to protect Orton, Rollins and Reigns"?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Aurain posted:

Maybe I am the stupid wrestling fan in this equation, but is it really a big step up from him to be in the title match when it screams "designated pin taker to protect Orton, Rollins and Reigns"?

Considering on of his last feuds was "designated pin taker to protect TV Monitor and other production equipment", yes

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I guess, yeah, but he's probably just going to be doing that again the week after :(

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
This might count as a stupid opinion, but could Dean maybe tone down his dancing between punches? When he was fighting Rollins he did like a 10 second wiggle of his arm between punches. It is a little too much

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ribsauce posted:

This might count as a stupid opinion, but could Dean maybe tone down his dancing between punches? When he was fighting Rollins he did like a 10 second wiggle of his arm between punches. It is a little too much

He should actually do more.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Ribsauce posted:

need a bigger wiggle

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
He needs to learn from the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjXNicktTck

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...
It doesn't even make sense because the only way to turn Dean in that match is to have him cost Reigns the match, but Dean attacking Roman to prevent a Reigns title run would make him the biggest hero of all time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Putting Dean in the title hunt as a tweener who won't align with either Rollins or Reigns because they all want the title is really the best way to go, and it would build seamlessly to a Shield triple threat. Reigns splits the crowd enough and Rollins is hated enough that Dean could be put in an ambiguous position without Reigns going down in flames.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
i just found http://www.amazon.com/Professional-...s=kenta+kobashi

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

sticklefifer posted:

Putting Dean in the title hunt as a tweener who won't align with either Rollins or Reigns because they all want the title is really the best way to go, and it would build seamlessly to a Shield triple threat. Reigns splits the crowd enough and Rollins is hated enough that Dean could be put in an ambiguous position without Reigns going down in flames.

But remember, you gotta make Reigns look strong.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

HulkaMatt posted:

Would he be the cheating heel, the whiny heel or the cowardly heel? Some combination thereof?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

it would change week to week, possibly even between segments on the same show

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

it would change week to week, possibly even between segments on the same show

"Diva" Dean Ambrose?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is dumb because I don't think he was really ever seen as an underdog, but I'm posting it because I can't stop giggling at BJ Peen.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/SeinfeldIsUnfunny/ProfessionalWrestling

gently caress tv tropes

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Some dude on tumblr posted:

I really hope they keep The Authority alive until Survivor Series where the main event is The Authority (Seth, Triple H, Kane, etc,) with Stephanie as a manager, against the people that got screwed over by the Authority (Dean, Roman, Dolph, Brad Maddox, etc) with Brie and Vickie Guerrero as managers. It would be an interesting way to have The Authority get their comeuppance, and hopefully end them altogether, and it would be a good, story-driven way to push guys like Dolph and Brad back into the limelight as main players.

Yeah, cause this worked out so well for Dolph last time.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

What the gently caress is this. The first few points are ok I guess but as it goes on it gets more and more stupid.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 13, 2015

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I love how it starts out as real examples of that trope, then after like 4 it just becomes descriptions of a thing that happened in wrestling once.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

I love how it starts out as real examples of that trope, then after like 4 it just becomes descriptions of a thing that happened once.

tvtropes.txt

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i like when it says that "smaller guys who weren't muscles on top of muscles" and then lists wwe champion eddie guerrero as an example

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Who the gently caress was lumping praise on Candice Michelle? She improved from when she started but she was only ever mediocre.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

tv tropes posted:

Sabu these days is known more for screwing up his moves all the time despite nearly every major wrestling show of the past 15 years copying them.

source please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Reddit has a new insider and the mod team apparently spent the last 2 days verifying that he's not Metsfan lol