Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

SugarAddict posted:

There's also that Agarian skies 2 alpha someone uploaded. I've been playing that.

AgSkies 2 uploaded by mechaet for the Technic Platform version. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

StealthArcher posted:

Its the joke tech tree. Instead of science, you have to spend sewage buckets and you start off only able to make vanilla stuff and the requisites for sewage grates.

And the advancement order is completely coked up.

You have my approval to attach my name to this novel and brilliant concept!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

wylker posted:

I made a spotlight of TE 4, let me know what you think goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaOmN4Dvic

Well done. The only issues I had were:
-You didn't mention more fuels the reactant dynamo uses. It can also use liquid pyrotheum. As well as a giant pile of other mod's liquids (and I think even auto-detects them), but you were looking at TE and only TE at the moment and if we listed all the liquids/items the reactant dynamo used we'd be here forever.
-The igneous Extruder actually makes cobblestone and smooth stone completely freely., just like how a vanilla cobblestone generator doesn't actually eat source blocks. Only obsidian devours magma/water.
-I have no idea why you were so worried about not including the TE pipes with the rest of the mod. They were only really split from the main set in 1.7x due to difficulties porting them to the new minecraft version.

That being said, it was informative enough that even I learned a few new things. Mainly I stopped using illuminators because you couldn't dye them, I didn't realize it was because they had their own color sliders now. That and I need to use the teleport pads in the next game/base I make because those were beautiful.

Faldoncow
Jun 29, 2007
Munchin' on some steak

lolmer posted:

AgSkies 2 uploaded by mechaet for the Technic Platform version. :)

Am I doing something wrong, or are TE ducts glitchy in the version mechaet uploaded at that url? At least, I'm unable to pipe liquid metal out of my smeltery into a casting table like I used to, and I can't pipe the finished ingot from the casting table to a chest.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Faldoncow posted:

Am I doing something wrong, or are TE ducts glitchy in the version mechaet uploaded at that url? At least, I'm unable to pipe liquid metal out of my smeltery into a casting table like I used to, and I can't pipe the finished ingot from the casting table to a chest.

I think you need a servo to make them do that now.

Faldoncow
Jun 29, 2007
Munchin' on some steak
Ya, I tried right clicking a servo onto them, but it has no effect. Right clicking them with my wrench just removes the connection to the machine/table/etc. I feel like either it's bugged, or I'm missing something obvious.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Alkydere posted:

-The igneous Extruder actually makes cobblestone and smooth stone completely freely., just like how a vanilla cobblestone generator doesn't actually eat source blocks. Only obsidian devours magma/water.
I'm like 95% sure that only cobblestone is free, because smoothstone requires a source block or smelting in a furnace to create normally, and the consumed resources reflect that. It's a very minimal cost though, like 20 mB.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Vib Rib posted:

I'm like 95% sure that only cobblestone is free, because smoothstone requires a source block or smelting in a furnace to create normally, and the consumed resources reflect that. It's a very minimal cost though, like 20 mB.

If I recall right, it's a bucket of water per smooth stone (and 1mb of lava because ?????????)

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Cobblestone is free, smoothstone requires a bucket of water, and obsidian requires 1 bucket lava and 1 bucket water.

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Faldoncow posted:

Ya, I tried right clicking a servo onto them, but it has no effect. Right clicking them with my wrench just removes the connection to the machine/table/etc. I feel like either it's bugged, or I'm missing something obvious.

Did you try a servo, or a pneumatic servo? Those are different things, servos are new items that look like duct ends that you need to pull liquids/items from things that don't eject automatically.

Faldoncow
Jun 29, 2007
Munchin' on some steak

Fenrisulfr posted:

Did you try a servo, or a pneumatic servo? Those are different things, servos are new items that look like duct ends that you need to pull liquids/items from things that don't eject automatically.

Ah, ya, that was it. Haven't played in a bit and was still trying to use the old Pneumatic Servos. Thanks.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Vib Rib posted:

SugarAddict posted:

Cobblestone is free, smoothstone requires a bucket of water, and obsidian requires 1 bucket lava and 1 bucket water.

Most packs have it set to be free, but there's a config option that makes smoothstone take a small quantity of lava. It's meant to represent the cost of cooking stone in a furnace using lava for fuel. Personally I think the effort involved in building and setting up an igneous extruder and aqueous accumulator combo should entitle me to not worrying about the fuel cost for cooking something as unvaluable as plain ol' stone.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't know why I never tried it before, but apparently smelteries can be literally any dimensions, not just 3x3. My mind is racing at the possibilities, up to and including dong smelteries.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 13, 2015

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Makes it easier to start up when you're pressed for materials a la Agrarian Skies or Regrowth. You can build the smeltery to fit your base rather than vice versa. Beyond that, dong smelteries were always a possibility if you were creative enough.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Big smelteries are also useful for melting / casting lots of stuff at once. I really like TiC clear glass, so once I'm rolling in grout ingredients I usually build a 4x4x4 smeltery with multiple drains & basins since it's so slow to melt / cast.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nevets posted:

Big smelteries are also useful for melting / casting lots of stuff at once. I really like TiC clear glass, so once I'm rolling in grout ingredients I usually build a 4x4x4 smeltery with multiple drains & basins since it's so slow to melt / cast.

I usually build smelteries in a corner for ease of laying out a workshop room, but there's something to be said for putting it in the middle of the facility so you can put drains and basins on all four sides.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Nevets posted:

I used to do this, but now I use the EnderIO Alloy Smelter for quite clear glass, if I'm making mass quantities that is.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't know why I never tried it before, but apparently smelteries can be literally any dimensions, not just 3x3. My mind is racing at the possibilities, up to and including dong smelteries.

No reason to feel dumb. For the longest time it was 3x3xn only, the "any size" update has been a relatively recent thing and it was updated without very much fanfare.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Max size for smelteries is 7x7 inside dimensions, which can smelt a ridiculous amount of material if you also build it up. I had a 11 block high or something, 2200 buckets of molten Uranium.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I just make a 7x7 internal and place a soulcage above the middle, with a Tier 5 Villager shard - mega emeralds

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Speaking of TiC, I'm trying to make a stupidly overpowered bow in Omp Sigma. Is there any consensus on the best combo of materials? Making the bow out of slime and enchanted fabric seems to be the way to go according to what I've googled, but I'm not so sure about arrow materials. And no one seems to know which modifiers should go on the bow and which should go on the ammo.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

TheresaJayne posted:

I just make a 7x7 internal and place a soulcage above the middle, with a Tier 5 Villager shard - mega emeralds

Isn't a tier 5 soul shard incredibly tedious to make? Or did they change it back to let you combine them on an anvil again?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

chippocrates posted:

Isn't a tier 5 soul shard incredibly tedious to make? Or did they change it back to let you combine them on an anvil again?

I just catch a villager in a safari net and put in the MFR spawner with a Soul Stealer V sword in a specially constructed killing room which moves any villagers down into a 1x1x3 hole where i can look in from outside at foot level, and just mash the villager bomb, getting 6 souls per kill.

but my mob farm is ridonculous i was at one point getting 20k Leather per 5-10 seconds.

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 14, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Cicadalek posted:

Speaking of TiC, I'm trying to make a stupidly overpowered bow in Omp Sigma. Is there any consensus on the best combo of materials? Making the bow out of slime and enchanted fabric seems to be the way to go according to what I've googled, but I'm not so sure about arrow materials. And no one seems to know which modifiers should go on the bow and which should go on the ammo.

Someone on the last Progress server did a lot of testing, turns out the best bow material (short or crossbow, and well longbow but those are just unweildy to use) is, of course, slime. pink > blue > green >> all metals for the parts that take metal/slime. Ludicrous damage, rapid reload rate. Obviously the ammunition should be manyllium or some expensive/absurd metal like that, coated in moss and all the nether quartz you can stuff on it, but the bow/crossbow should be slime.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
So why does the guy who makes tic like slime so much

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I discovered I was like 20 Botania updates behind and uh... is it at all possible to turn off the loving Gaia battle music? Because holy poo poo.
I mean, I was probably going to replace it with my own music in a resource pack but it's so loving loud I can't believe there's no config option for it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

No clue. :shrug:

Honestly with a lot of other tools slime's not so great besides maybe a handle for insane durability. Actually makes for some interesting decisions on how you want to twink out your pick, hammer or sword. But for some reason with the bows all thought of interesting balance was tossed out the window and it's slime all the way down.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Well the mod is about making tools by carving and forging them and also adds bizarre floating slime islands, seems a little out of theme.
But I think with bows its just that those seem to be a work in progress since material qualities would affect such a tool so much differently than all the ones that just hit things.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Alkydere posted:

Someone on the last Progress server did a lot of testing, turns out the best bow material (short or crossbow, and well longbow but those are just unweildy to use) is, of course, slime. pink > blue > green >> all metals for the parts that take metal/slime. Ludicrous damage, rapid reload rate. Obviously the ammunition should be manyllium or some expensive/absurd metal like that, coated in moss and all the nether quartz you can stuff on it, but the bow/crossbow should be slime.

Acne Rain posted:

So why does the guy who makes tic like slime so much

It sort of makes sense, if you assume slime to be highly elastic and flexible. You want the bow/string to be able to stretch as far as possible, while snapping rather violently back to their original shapes once you stop pulling.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

On a 2-3 player server, will I run into problems if we just mine whereever? Should we get seperate age to mine in?

Using ftb infinity.

Is there any mod pack that has a lot of stuff but is more coherent? It's really annoying to have like 3-4 different types of energy, a lot of different looking versions of bars, etc.

Would be cool with a mod that still has a lot of the cool machines and automation but maybe cuts out a bit of the redundant stuff.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

On a 2-3 player server, will I run into problems if we just mine whereever? Should we get seperate age to mine in?

Using ftb infinity.

Is there any mod pack that has a lot of stuff but is more coherent? It's really annoying to have like 3-4 different types of energy, a lot of different looking versions of bars, etc.

Would be cool with a mod that still has a lot of the cool machines and automation but maybe cuts out a bit of the redundant stuff.

Why hello there.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

StealthArcher posted:

Why hello there.

I'm guessing that is a mod/pack?

Searching for "minecraft mp" isn't really an option and reverse image search yields nothing. Care to elaborate?

Edit: OMP-i I'm guessing?

How intensive is this compared to FTB infinity?

Playing mostly with my younger brother who has my old computer. But FTB infinity worked ok for him with settings turned down.

Sistergodiva fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 14, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

I'm guessing that is a mod/pack?

Searching for "minecraft mp" isn't really an option and reverse image search yields nothing. Care to elaborate?

OMP i, technic launcher. Pretty much a throw it all in pack without IC2, Buildcraft or Railcraft, aka the lovely Three.

Also getting a large update this weekend.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Awesome! Seems like just the thing I was looking for. I might be stupid, but where can I get the server download for it?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It also doesn't have Pneumaticraft, and thank goodness. Botania flowers at least look good and have the common decency not to spread like weeds and automatically replant themselves whenever you try to clear them out.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Sorry, but does anyone know which mods I shouldn't add to the servers mod folder? Any other stuff I need to drop into the server folder?

Or does anyone have a pre-made server folder for omp-i?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

Sorry, but does anyone know which mods I shouldn't add to the servers mod folder? Any other stuff I need to drop into the server folder?

Or does anyone have a pre-made server folder for omp-i?

I used to have a zip hosted ready to go on the server itself, but it, and lot of stuff has been removed while I rework everything for the new version :(

I'll have a new server zip after the big update is done, but best i can say is hope one of the two other guys I gave it to show up.

I know for certain InventoryTweaks and some other stuff has to be removed, but i haven't done it in forever at this point.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

StealthArcher posted:

I used to have a zip hosted ready to go on the server itself, but it, and lot of stuff has been removed while I rework everything for the new version :(

I'll have a new server zip after the big update is done, but best i can say is hope one of the two other guys I gave it to show up.

I know for certain InventoryTweaks and some other stuff has to be removed, but i haven't done it in forever at this point.

Yeah, I just started it single player. GF doesn't have patience for me troubleshooting for long.

Going to see if I can just dump this world onto the server when you update later. Thanks.

New tool system threw me off, nice to actually have to use it. Felt really loving redundant when you have vanilla tools as well in infinity.

Sistergodiva fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 14, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

Botania flowers at least look good and have the common decency not to spread like weeds and automatically replant themselves whenever you try to clear them out.

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

I meant that, like Botania, Pneumaticraft adds a ton of flowers to worldgen that hit every possible biome. Unlike Botania however, Pneumaticraft flowers when broken will drop seeds that automatically replant themselves if allowed to sit on dirt for more than 1 second, and if the flowers are allowed to grow to maturity, they will poo poo out more seeds that also plant themselves, forever.