Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Mystery Update guys!

We learn about see-sawing, vampire outfits, and strange decor. Also totally called the suits of armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUU9nJmO6dM

bman in 2288 posted:

Oh.

This level.

I knew it was a mansion, but I almost never got here because the previous mystery always pissed me off when I'd eventually run into that bug. So my memory of this place is... lacking.

In our experience it was more stable than the last one, probably better from an overall standpoint as well, though I don't know that I'd go so far as to say that any of the levels were "good".

SystemLogoff posted:

I've only got one thing to say:

Vamp Out!

This is my preferred method for leaving rooms now, Scooby-Doo Mystery has done wonders for my social life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Shaggy keeps smiling when he's facing the camera but for the side pots he's concerned.

- What am I doing with my life?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

A few good moments.

That's rude scoob'

Infinite Vampire Works.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
This was always my favorite level as a wee lad. There was just a certain amount of pride seeing (or mostly skipping) the intro to this level after having to put up with the terrible swamp.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
Finally caught up with this. The game is so strange in that certain aspects of it are great and entirely fitting for a Scooby-Doo game, while other parts are just horrible 90s video game frustration. Also, regarding the comment about how running has "ice physics", I think that's because of the actual cartoon. A lot of Hanna Barbera cartoons had that thing where someone is running, they do the running animation in place for a while before actually moving. I think it was quite often in Scooby Doo because Scooby and Shaggy were always running away from stuff.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Just popping in to say I watched through this today and it was a hell of a ride - as ridiculous as it is, it captures the spirit of the show pretty effectively.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Mystery Update guys!

Mith better shut up if he knows what's good for him.

hey, wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCFwW5frJWM

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Oh. Oh, wow, that is some horrible placement you guys got. I honestly almost feel bad for you... but you guys keep setting yourselves up to suffer like that, so not much I can say. Is that mic still in the way of the screen?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

:3:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I feel weird about things it seems like they're missing because I'm not sure if they've already tried to pick it up and I missed it and also I'm pretty sure they played this game all the way through in one sitting or w/e so it's such a weird situation. I see why they're missing it but I can see it and don't know which it is. It's sad.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

bman in 2288 posted:

Oh. Oh, wow, that is some horrible placement you guys got. I honestly almost feel bad for you... but you guys keep setting yourselves up to suffer like that, so not much I can say. Is that mic still in the way of the screen?

Stallion Cabana posted:

I feel weird about things it seems like they're missing because I'm not sure if they've already tried to pick it up and I missed it and also I'm pretty sure they played this game all the way through in one sitting or w/e so it's such a weird situation. I see why they're missing it but I can see it and don't know which it is. It's sad.

Correct, we recorded this in one sitting and felt it was prudent not to move the mic in order to maintain consistent audio, why Brady chose not to switch to chairs after it became apparent the mic placement would be an issue is a mystery I fear not even Mystery Inc. can solve. Normally we record off a couch with a long rear end HDMI cable running from the console back to the computer, we weren't able to do that with an SNES and we had to improvise. (For the record, this is pretty much what Brady was seeing) I have ordered a couple 30ft RCA cables to allow us to record SD games from the couch, and we are looking into lapel mics to insure there are no future placement issues if we do have to record next to the PCs again.

In addition Brady only played through the first level immediately prior to recording, we now have a "complete test playthrough" requirement before recording, as "I played through the 1st quarter, I think I remember where everything is" clearly isn't cutting it. I do apologize for the technical issues, and would love to hear any other feedback so that we can make the next LP even better!

::EDIT::

Also, while the above still totally applies, the issue we ran into in episode 16 was not caused by the mic placement, when we toss the cheese at the rat it is supposed to drop a key, we assume either the game shat its self and didn't spawn it or it spawned behind the rat, in any case the key does spawn correctly the next time we load the room, which is right at the start of the next video.

MithosKuu fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 12, 2015

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
I Don't Like Rats Update guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrbfgVsMOTg

Son of a bitch!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

MithosKuu posted:

I Don't Like Rats Update guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrbfgVsMOTg

Son of a bitch!

This game can be really... inconsistent, about how much it shouldn't break.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
Technical question: how did you guys handle the snowball mic not picking up game audio while you were huddled there together? You commented on the music, so I don't think it was muted?

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

RealSovietBear posted:

Technical question: how did you guys handle the snowball mic not picking up game audio while you were huddled there together? You commented on the music, so I don't think it was muted?

We have a male to female 3.5 mm AUX cable running from the TV with an AUX splitter plugged into that, which we then plug our headphones into. We tend to need to max the TV audio in order to hear anything but its totally worth it.We affectionately refer to the combined cables as "the octosquid"

We had accidentally misplaced it when moving between apartments, before we found it again we got around it for Axelay by plugging a couple of these into the Wii U gamepad's AUX out, because Nintendo is amazing.

MithosKuu fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 12, 2015

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Mystery Update guys!

Support your local library

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96KdsTRmQ3M

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Haha, what song is that?

No really good glitches this time, and I don't want to gif the suprise, so have two scenes from the Mystery Inc scooby doo series.

Fred sorta has thing thing with traps.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

SystemLogoff posted:

Haha, what song is that?

No really good glitches this time, and I don't want to gif the suprise, so have two scenes from the Mystery Inc scooby doo series.

Fred sorta has thing thing with traps.

The song comes from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwZzLbuVW2o

At first I did not see the rope holding the man up in the second image, it was very confusing

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Mystery Update guys!

Melonface must live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTs6VSQgGxI

We've got one more episode going up tomorrow and that should wrap everything up.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I just wanna say I love this LP even if I don't post after every episode or whatever.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
Mystery Update guys, I think we're ready to solve this mystery!

Finally learn the truth about the vampire, the secret passwords, and Fred's basement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R9J-ux82To

And that should do it for Scooby-Doo Mystery! We hope you enjoyed watching it as much as we enjoyed making it!

We will be recording our next Let's Play next weekend and should start posting not long after.

We love feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our videos, be it in recording or in editing, if you've got any ideas please send 'em my way!

You can PM me here, follow us on YouTube, on twitter @CGMN_Official or @MithosKuu, or you can also catch our stuff on our site at https://www.core-games.com

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Excellent LP. It was great to finally get some closure & see the entirety of the game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MithosKuu posted:

We love feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our videos, be it in recording or in editing, if you've got any ideas please send 'em my way!
Well, the microphone placement comes to mind... How about using a bigger one?

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge

Stallion Cabana posted:

I just wanna say I love this LP even if I don't post after every episode or whatever.

oldskool posted:

Excellent LP. It was great to finally get some closure & see the entirety of the game.

Thanks guys, it really means a lot to us!

SelenicMartian posted:

Well, the microphone placement comes to mind... How about using a bigger one?

I will look into wiring the room into a gigantic mic, failing that a mic boom might work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
That was a really nice LP. I only found it hard at times to follow what everyone was saying, but I think it's because the snowball is meant to be a one-person mic primarily. Looking forward to more stuff!

• Locked thread