Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

So are Kurumas bro.

You don't have to pay the 8k fun tax when you blow up a helicopter though. Thanks pegasus :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

T1g4h posted:

Buzzard. From what I hear the Savage is a big, fat, weakly armored pig, and the Valk owns but is really only useful with a full crew of 4.

Comedy option: Hydra, because in hover mode it's basically a helicopter :v:

Pubs get jealous of hydras. Hydras are also loads of fun, and an easy tool to get a lazer, if that was somehow more fun?

Just remember a hydra can fly like a lazer, maybe a touch slower, but on PS4 just use right direction to turn the VTOL jets horizontal. This even works for take off.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Nintendo Kid posted:

So are Kurumas bro.
Helicopters aren't insured though :toot:

Like, I have a million and change so the $6.6k or whatever isn't the end of the world but it's a setback since I'm saving up cash. Basically blowing up some toolbag's kuruma negates selling a car I steal off the street. I don't think they should be removed or whatever, it's just another layer of crap vs someone rolling up in an adder or zentorno where it's a million times easier to shoot them to death

I think I'd prioritize Buzzard > hydra > Insurgent pickup > Valkyrie, based on what I've heard. I get the appeal of the PV insurgent but that bigass gun is so worth it, and it's nice that it can take a lot of damage as you tear up a server.

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 13, 2015

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

T1g4h posted:

I eagerly await the day when we go more than 24 hours / one page without a discussion on why the Armored Kuruma is bad :allears:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Jonesy posted:

Helicopters aren't insured though :toot:

Like, I have a million and change so the $6.6k or whatever isn't the end of the world but it's a setback since I'm saving up cash. Basically blowing up some toolbag's kuruma negates selling a car I steal off the street. I don't think they should be removed or whatever, it's just another layer of crap vs someone rolling up in an adder or zentorno where it's a million times easier to shoot them to death

I think I'd prioritize Buzzard > hydra > Insurgent pickup > Valkyrie, based on what I've heard. I get the appeal of the PV insurgent but that bigass gun is so worth it, and it's nice that it can take a lot of damage as you tear up a server.

I actually got dinged for a Savage for insurance, so I dunno. I am on ps4, not sure if that is a bug or what. 11780 or something in that range.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Funky Valentine posted:

Sweet, my Kuruma got impounded, destroyed, and is now replaced by and exact copy of my Sultan (which I am terrified of selling in case that gets rid of the other one.)

Should I get a support ticket from Rockstar?

You should thank Rockstar for giving you another copy of a better car :colbert:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Scyron posted:

I actually got dinged for a Savage for insurance, so I dunno. I am on ps4, not sure if that is a bug or what. 11780 or something in that range.

I'm legitimately torn about whether I want this to be a glitch or policy, because it could mean not instantly getting blown out of the sky.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

T1g4h posted:

Buzzard. From what I hear the Savage is a big, fat, weakly armored pig, and the Valk owns but is really only useful with a full crew of 4.

Comedy option: Hydra, because in hover mode it's basically a helicopter :v:

The Savage seems inherently no weaker than the Buzzard (in fact it's harder to shoot the pilot out of it), though I wish it was a bit better armoured against bullets. It is noticeably less agile though, which makes it easier to target. The benefit is the explosive cannon and the no delay on spamming rockets.

The Hydra is really cool but I wish it would count as a helicopter for spawning purposes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is hydra basically chopper controls or can you actually switch it to "jet" mode besides hovering fwd like a chopper

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

is hydra basically chopper controls or can you actually switch it to "jet" mode besides hovering fwd like a chopper

You can toggle between "jet" mode and "hover" mode on it.

It's a chunkier Lazer in jet mode but you can call it anywhere that can spawn a plane.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Lasagna, Gary, Lasagna, Gary, Gary

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Insurgents are cool you put Ride of the Valkyries horns on it and just tear rear end across the map.

Jets fly by and shoot at you and you just laugh and keep going. And if they destroy you it's like 16k it's super good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yeah I read somewhere Hydra was a faster lazer and was wondering what green they were smoking

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really do want the Hydra to spawn at helicopter pads considering its VTOL capabilities but Rockstar probably decided that would be too fun unbalanced.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

there just needs to be more spawn locs for aircraft. Going between Sandy airfield and the southernmost tip of the loving island is retarded especially when I have to pay these fuckers to deliver my own plane that I bought with money

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Well I managed to get to 100% mental state with my recent anti-police tank rampage. And then I tried to take down poundcoin's hydra with a hatchet, that didn't work so well.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

do you actually get RP for killing red pubs, or is that still broke

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

there just needs to be more spawn locs for aircraft. Going between Sandy airfield and the southernmost tip of the loving island is retarded especially when I have to pay these fuckers to deliver my own plane that I bought with money

They should have just put helipads on top of each highrise apartment, would have saved aggravation.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

They should have just put helipads on top of each highrise apartment, would have saved aggravation.

naw that would be too easy

in al honesty there would probably be helipad trolls camping the penthouse roof

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I tend to get grapeseed or that far north town, paleto bay, helipad, when I call in some things. I know it depends on the vehicle, but I don't feel like there are that few of spots. I usually hit up the marina first just to get a heli, and use that, while in passive, to get and call what I want. It isn't like a hydra spawns close to you anyways. Even at the airport it will typically spawn from the furthest point, near you.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Alan Smithee posted:

If it's any consolation, the Helipad on the hospital in the Central LA-like area is a fine place to obtain a spawned and free helicopter to get somewhere reasonably fast.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Has the glitch with characters who haven't signed on with consoles for a while losing their cars after transferring to PC been fixed, yet? Or will I have to login to my console version first?

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Log in to the console version. They redid something with saved vehicles forever ago (Might have been when they removed peoples police cars and poo poo?) so if you haven't logged in since summer 2014 or so, the new saving method or whatever isn't initialised and as far as the social club thing is concerned you have no cars.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

crazysim posted:

If it's any consolation, the Helipad on the hospital in the Central LA-like area is a fine place to obtain a spawned and free helicopter to get somewhere reasonably fast.

Also that government facility east of Vinewood on the other side of the highway. In SP it spawns a Buzzard, in Online it spawns a Maverick, and you can just climb the building without setting off any alarms or pissing off any cops.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
This game throws so much money and garage space at you that you eventually end up making some pretty silly purchases:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Panto is one of the best cars, not a silly purchase at all.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
Anyone want to help help me trade wins for a while tomorrow maybe? My profile tia!

Bagpuss fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 13, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Anyone have tipis on finding gang cars? I keep looking on this map

and finding nothing at all times of the day

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 13, 2015

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

TIMG that poo poo dude.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Thief posted:

This game throws so much money and garage space at you that you eventually end up making some pretty silly purchases:

I see you have a pimped out drift Futo back there. :boom:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Ha. I got called a human being by some guy in an armored Kuruma that I kept killing.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Despite all the Armored Kuruma hate recently I really haven't seen too many of them this week... maybe I'm the minority though.

Also, friendly reminder that all the hackers who got banned 2 weeks ago will be coming off of their ban over the next couple days. This weekend might be a total shitshow, stock up on ammo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Ha. I got called a human being by some guy in an armored Kuruma that I kept killing.

Whatd you use to kill him

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Anybody interested in trading race wins on PC this morning? (splattermouse)

Side note: do rally wins count? I just did a criminal runs race with another guy but I didn't check to see if it registered as a win. If so, that's like the easiest way on the planet to get easy race wins.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Alan Smithee posted:

Anyone have tipis on finding gang cars? I keep looking on this map

and finding nothing at all times of the day

I used to sell gang cars all the time but about a month ago their spawn rate went square in the toilet and never returned. I cannot reliably find them anymore.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Alan Smithee posted:

Whatd you use to kill him

An AP pistol twice and then a tank two times after that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Parachute posted:

Anybody interested in trading race wins on PC this morning? (splattermouse)

Side note: do rally wins count? I just did a criminal runs race with another guy but I didn't check to see if it registered as a win. If so, that's like the easiest way on the planet to get easy race wins.

Use Bigwig's map, faster than CR

Alan Smithee posted:

Btw if anyone wants to grind races, here's the one Bigwigge made that I mentioned, you can average about 24 seconds, maybe more if you have a custom supercar

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Bigwigge/games/gtav/jobs/job/xaYYEtjQF06No13jGGlBXA?platformId=8

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Jet strafed a pubbie earlier today:

quote:

I hope you crash that jet and find out your dad has colon cancer

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dude in a survival shot money bags at me. Got about 1.3 million out of it. Am I getting banned

cuz I already bought the Valkyrie and declared it on my taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Dude in a survival shot money bags at me. Got about 1.3 million out of it. Am I getting banned

cuz I already bought the Valkyrie and declared it on my taxes

Maybe. They actually care about money hacks because "buy our Shark Cards."

hellfaucet fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 13, 2015

• Locked thread