Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I hope DMC5 has a joke where a black wig lands on Dante and he's all "not i a million years" :classiclol:

I might have to retry PC DMC3 with the style switcher mod. I didn't know it also fixed a ton of issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Golden Goat posted:

I hope DMC5 has a joke where a black wig lands on Dante and he's all "not i a million years" :classiclol:

I'd prefer he quickly style it into a pompadour.
"I could rock this!"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I'd rather a DmC Dante costume with the description; "Put this on, and you'll be laughed outta bars from here to Tokyo".

Promising news though :unsmith:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'd rather the developers weren't petty, but that's just me :shrug:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I agree.

It's just you.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

DMC5 is actually just a retelling of DmC with the normal devil may cry crew taking it less seriously. The end boss is Tameem Antoniades and it's a rhythm battle with both sides saying "gently caress you" louder and louder.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Nah, Dante is just going to do Dante things like surf on enemies and preform Shakespeare while Tameem just utters "gently caress you" in a more confused manner.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pesky Splinter posted:

I'd rather a DmC Dante costume with the description; "Put this on, and you'll be laughed outta bars from here to Tokyo".

Promising news though :unsmith:

How about instead we reskin random marionettes to have black hair and gothic clothes? Marionettes are appropriately weak and lovely.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Don't worry, I'm salty enough for the both of us :cheeky:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I do like how they're taking ideas from DmC for special edition though (in terms of Vergil's moveset: his basic and aerial combos for Yamato are straight out of DmC, as well as the Just Charged judgement cut and summon-sword teleport). It shows a lot of genuine class and if both series end up going forward it could be neat to see them learn from each other.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Say, does Atlus still have any pull with Capcom what with those guys designing the Devil Trigger forms? I know that's how Dante's in Nocturne. Or are they even now?

I'm asking because Demifiend as a boss in DMC. Or the Digital Devil Saga crew. Or Adachi.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Level Slide posted:

Say, does Atlus still have any pull with Capcom what with those guys designing the Devil Trigger forms? I know that's how Dante's in Nocturne. Or are they even now?

I'm asking because Demifiend as a boss in DMC. Or the Digital Devil Saga crew. Or Adachi.

Guy, singular.
Kazuma Kaneko.

The work he did for Capcom was freelance.

(Also he's kinda a co-founder of Atlus)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 5, 2015

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

I do like how they're taking ideas from DmC for special edition though (in terms of Vergil's moveset: his basic and aerial combos for Yamato are straight out of DmC, as well as the Just Charged judgement cut and summon-sword teleport). It shows a lot of genuine class and if both series end up going forward it could be neat to see them learn from each other.

Having the sword flash when you've delayed enough for a different combo is a great idea that came from DmC. Also, I'd prefer if getting S-ranks in DMC4 didn't require you to collect most of the hidden red orbs every time, and just remember that you found them before like the collectibles in DmC.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'd prefer he quickly style it into a pompadour.
"I could rock this!"

Dante could get thrown through a clown factory, come out the other side looking like pennywise then look in a mirror and wink at himself saying "Yeah, I make it work"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Dante and Vergil are starring in another crossover thing:
Project X Zone 2
The first of which featured Dante and Lady.

Alright if you like that sort of thing I guess.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
New character stream, this time with Trish (the simplified character thing means that like Nero she has all of her tools on hand at all times without weapon switching, each assigned to a button). She looks pretty fun to play as, I imagine she could just wreck LDK mode.
Worth watching for electric breakdancing and Maximum Overdrive.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 8, 2015

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm surprised at how long Trish's lightning fields last. Also absolutely on-board with using mechanics and moves from UMVC3 and other fighting games; a proud DMC tradition

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/05/12/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-release-date-pricing-gameplay-trailer-and-costumes

:siren: Mark yer calendars for June 23rd, demon hunters! :siren:
Game will cost $24.99/ €24.99 / £19.99, pretty reasonable pricing I'd say. Also holy god those outfits. :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I love Grandpa Sparda giving Nero the you're part-demon talk.

And the Nelo Angelo costume :vince:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I wonder what the version-to-get for this one will be. The PC version of DMC4 was so much better than the others, but if the PS4 version is almost as good I'd just as soon have it to play on a big TV on a couch.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Unless you need your ORB mods, there's pretty much no reason there would be a difference between pc and ps4. It's not like they are retooling the existing assets.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to see what mods we get for costumes. Now that there is an actual in-game system for replacing character models I'll bet some enterprising hacker will find a way to put whatever you want in there as long as you get it rigged up right.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Akoogly Eyes posted:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/05/12/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-release-date-pricing-gameplay-trailer-and-costumes

:siren: Mark yer calendars for June 23rd, demon hunters! :siren:
Game will cost $24.99/ €24.99 / £19.99, pretty reasonable pricing I'd say. Also holy god those outfits. :allears:

Holy poo poo those alt costumes

Reposting for those who didn't click the link for some crazy reason:

DMC3 Lady, Gloria

Concept Art Nero

Corrupt Vergil and Mo'fo Sparda:

And Trish Palette swap:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is Trish Pallet Swap supposed to be Dante's mom?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Is Trish Pallet Swap supposed to be Dante's mom?

Can't be Dante's Mom cause she already looks like his mom. :v:
Bayonetta? Tifa?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I could have sworn I saw a screenshot with a DmC colour Dante, but I can't find it for the life of me, so I think it may have been shopped.

That Nero is a huge improvement over default though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

They said in that link that there are also a set of palette swaps in addition to all the costumes.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

They said in that link that there are also a set of palette swaps in addition to all the costumes.

Please let there be an entirely pink/purple Dante costume.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here we are. Handily, it comes sourced.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

notZaar posted:

I'd like to see what mods we get for costumes. Now that there is an actual in-game system for replacing character models I'll bet some enterprising hacker will find a way to put whatever you want in there as long as you get it rigged up right.

Once the PC version comes out, I'll be counting the days until someone ports in DmC Dante and uploads the cutscenes. It'll be great. :allears:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Website's updated:

Super Vergil
Not only is Super Vergil in a constant state of Devil Trigger, his concentration gauge is maxed out as well, meaning you can use Vergil's full power to take out the demon hordes without worrying about his gauges running out. He's a lot of fun to use in Legendary Dark Knight mode too! Please note that you will receive a reduction in style points on the results screen for using a super character.

---

Lady
Lady uses guns as her main weapons, making her a unique character with a fighting style that's never been seen before in the Devil May Cry series. The key to mastering Lady's fighting style is finding the right weapon for the right distance. With her deadly arsenal, Lady brings a new depth to the game.

Close Range (Shotgun)
When the enemy closes in and you want to create some space, hit them with the wide-spread buckshot of the shotgun. It deals great damage up close, which will knock down the lesser enemies.

Ground Zero
After Rush Hour, put some distance between you and the enemy with this blast that sends you flying back.

Mid Range (Handguns)
Use handguns to keep enemies in check. They're not powerful, but the fire rate is fast enough to stop demons in their tracks. They also don't leave Lady open to attack, making them great for attacking while on the move.

Two Hand
Launch your enemy into the air, then hit them with two-handed gun action. It's possible to add a follow-up attack afterwards.

Long Range (Kalina Ann)
Use Kalina Ann when there's a large number of enemies outside of conventional attack range. Its attacks can be used to target a single enemy or multiple enemies at once. Pick the right attack for the right situation!

Hysteric
Unleash a swarm of micro-missiles into a wide area in front of you. Level up this move to increase the number of missiles launched in random directions.

Other Moves
Blaster
Fire Kalina Ann at the enemies below while you're in the air. The blast will also let you do a double jump, meaning you can put some distance between yourself and the demons below.

Wire Shot
Shoot a wire into an enemy, temporarily paralyzing them. This move leaves the enemy open to attack, so don't be shy! Wire Shot can also be used to travel across grapple points during story missions.

Scatter
Toss a handful of grenades forward to light up the party with an explosion. The grenades don't explode immediately, meaning you have a chance to use this together with other moves and cause devastating damage. Hold down the button to increase the throw distance.

---

Larger versions of Dante, Vergil and Nero's alt costumes:

[e]: Even SUPER loving LARGER images!
---

[e2]:

Aurain posted:

Here we are. Handily, it comes sourced.

t-the hair :qq:
blonde really isn't a good look for lady, either.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 13, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahaha goddamn Dante looks so goddamn pimp in his dad's outfit.

Also 24 bucks for all this? Goddamn.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Once the PC version comes out, I'll be counting the days until someone ports in DmC Dante and uploads the cutscenes. It'll be great. :allears:

I just want to see every cutscene between Nero and Dante, with Nero replaced by DmC Dante.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That loving Sned posted:

I just want to see every cutscene between Nero and Dante, with Nero replaced by DmC Dante.

I don't even consider this. Holy poo poo, please.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Will there be a Lady stream today?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lady looks rad as hell and I cannot wait to play as her.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Me want-y this. Gimme gimme.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The outfits are all unlocked from the beginning right? I'm going to have to buy this stupid game again :qq:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've bought this game three times and now I'm buying it for a fourth time because I want everything and I'm paying out the rear end for pizza version too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I've bought this game three times and now I'm buying it for a fourth time because I want everything and I'm paying out the rear end for pizza version too.

You are a more dedicated DMC fan than I, good sir. Godspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DMC4 is my actual favorite video game so I don't mind the money I dump into it and the 100+ hours I've put into it.

• Locked thread