Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Out of curiosity, are the PS4 FFX loading times better than the PS3 ones? How about compared to the actual PS2 version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

quote:

PREY 2 DEVELOPER WORKING ON NEW GAME FOR SHINRA

Prey 2 developer Human Head Studios is developing a new game with Square Enix's cloud gaming company, Shinra Technologies.

While details on the project are scarce at this time, Human Head co-founder and creative director Ted Halsted noted the team's passion for multiplayer, and said he believes working with Shinra will help bring the studio's vision for its next game to life. More information on the project will be revealed next month at E3.

Human Head is the third developer to partner with Shinra. Republique developer Camouflaj and Blacklight: Retribution developer Hardsuit Labs previously announced partnerships with the cloud gaming company. Each of their games will also be shown at this year's E3.

According to Shinra CEO Yoichi Wada, the company was established with two goals in mind: "The first is presenting entirely new gaming experiences. The second is the creation of a new game industry ecosystem."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/prey-2-developer-working-on-new-game-for-shinra

Shinra is Square-Enix's business-to-business cloud computing solution. We were supposed to see results this year. It's supposed to be an area of growth for the company in the coming years.

It's also good to see Human Head finding work after losing Prey 2.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
when is human head going to finish the blair witch project volume 4

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Eh, gently caress it. Playing FFX HD on PS4 right now. Don't own a PS3 or a Vita. It has been 10 years since I've played FFX, which I liked a lot, and I figure I need to use my Bloodborne machine for something other than Bloodborne. Appreciate the list of missables.

if you plan to do the backtracking to get stuff i cobbled together a little guide. you do it after killing the slime thing in the woods.

code:
Macalania Woods:
-Jecht Sphere (Woods South)

Thunder Plains:
-Jecht Sphere (South (East Area))

Moonflow:
-Sign Miyu (Defender) (North Wharf)
-Jecht Sphere (South Wharf)

Djose Temple: 
-Sign Kyou (Defender) (Left Bridge)

Mushroom Rock Road:
-Jecht Sphere (Precipice by Elevator)

Mi'ihen Highroad:
-Jecht Sphere (Southernmost End of Old Road)

Mi'ihen Agency:
-Sign Ropp (MF/Defender)

Luca:
-Sign Wedge (Near Stadium (Forward))
-Sign Jumal (Near Fountain (GK))
-Jecht Sphere (Stadium Basement (Outside Auroch's Locker Room))

S.S. Liki:
-Jecht Sphere (Bridge)

Besaid Village:
-Jecht Sphere (Near Temple)
-Valefor's Second Limit (Talk to Shopkeep girl, then talk to Dog in NE Residence)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The missable Al Bhed primers are the biggest pain if you are trying to 100% but missed them and don't have a save from before Home. Primer 20 is the only thing standing between me and a platinum right now :smith:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Sunning posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/prey-2-developer-working-on-new-game-for-shinra

Shinra is Square-Enix's business-to-business cloud computing solution. We were supposed to see results this year. It's supposed to be an area of growth for the company in the coming years.

It's also good to see Human Head finding work after losing Prey 2.

Hell of a headline if you didn't know what Shinra was outside of VII

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I'm still at the opening in Zanarkind but already my favorite thing about the remaster is how the new models and ps2-era animations have the combined effect of making Tidus looked blazed as gently caress all of the time

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Tidus blazed as gently caress all of the time

Pretty sure this is canon.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I'm still at the opening in Zanarkind but already my favorite thing about the remaster is how the new models and ps2-era animations have the combined effect of making Tidus looked blazed as gently caress all of the time

Its his story!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's clearly loving Yuna's story what an obnoxious brat that kid is

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
My game went like:

Tidus: "This is MY STORY!"
Wakka 1-hits YuYevon.
Wakka: "It's over now, yah?"
Me: laughing

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Square, when you name a brand Shinra, all you are doing is making me think that you're up to something evil.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I guess it's better than Palamecia Cloud Computing, but they just couldn't quite figure out Cloud Cloud Computing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Sunning posted:

Square-Enix released their results for the financial year: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/15q4slides.pdf

Here's some highlights:
:words:

No word of DQM Super Light coming to english audiences then? (lol SE giving two fucks about DQ fans outside Japan :smith:)

I mean, it'd do better than Brave Exvius is going to do if Gumi doesn't get its poo poo together and stop loving around with their management of Brave Frontier and CC outside of Japan (not that they won't ignore the global market if need be).

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Vil posted:

Courtesy of GameFAQs, this is what's outright missable:
- A Blitzball player named Durren (depends on how much you care about Blitzball and if he's any good)

Durren is complete garbage. As I recall, his speed stat is atrocious and he will never catch up to anyone else in the field.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Evil Fluffy posted:

No word of DQM Super Light coming to english audiences then? (lol SE giving two fucks about DQ fans outside Japan :smith:)

I mean, it'd do better than Brave Exvius is going to do if Gumi doesn't get its poo poo together and stop loving around with their management of Brave Frontier and CC outside of Japan (not that they won't ignore the global market if need be).

If it makes you feel better, Dragon Quest 8 has been recently announced for the 3DS in Japan with new content and updated sound. Boy, I can't wait for a timely English localization for a port of a game that now has new content that is fully voiced.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I'm playing the FFX remaster for the first time and I'm curious, is there an easy option between the Standard and Expert sphere grid? This stuff has always seemed so much harder than it is to me so I dunno.

I don't want to gimp myself if it's even possible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only difference is flexibility in your options. Standard gives everyone a class for the first chunk of the game before you have more mobility across the grid in the late game. Expert has all options open from the beginning and you have more freedom in making your team

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I rather everyone be stuck in a class then. At least for this first play through.

Assuming I ever decide to do it again after I'm done.

E. Does the game do a good job of sticking characters in the right classes?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's basically impossible to screw anything up on the standard grid, it's definitely the way to go for your first playthrough

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Thank you all. That's much appreciated.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skeezy posted:

I rather everyone be stuck in a class then. At least for this first play through.

Assuming I ever decide to do it again after I'm done.

E. Does the game do a good job of sticking characters in the right classes?

For the most part. It's a really forgiving system, so it's not much a problem. I used Standard for my first playthrough and it was a good balance of directed building at the start so I could figure out what works and then once you have the materials to experiment it's fun to swap things around and mix it up. I want to try the expert grid at some point to see how screwy it can get.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't use Expert if you're an idiot like me and don't plan ahead and just put points in whatever.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't use Expert if you're an idiot like me and don't plan ahead and just put points in whatever.

Yeah I don't want to do any of that for X.

This is the first time I ever play X and it's a loving weird game.

Edit: Okay well honestly this isn't the first time. I bought the PS3 version of the game when it came out and I got up to some forest or something early on in the game.

Does the story eventually make sense because everything up to that part is broken and kinda doesn't make sense at all. Is it supposed to be like that?

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 13, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skeezy posted:

Yeah I don't want to do any of that for X.

This is the first time I ever play X and it's a loving weird game.

It's bizarre and cool and I really like it. Hope you try out X-2 after as well, it's one of the best FFs

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Skeezy posted:

Does the story eventually make sense because everything up to that part is broken and kinda doesn't make sense at all. Is it supposed to be like that?

its supposed to be like that until you/Tidus learn more about Spira.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Sunning posted:

If it makes you feel better, Dragon Quest 8 has been recently announced for the 3DS in Japan with new content and updated sound. Boy, I can't wait for a timely English localization for a port of a game that now has new content that is fully voiced.

holy poo poo please bring this to america

lol yea loving right

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Attitude Indicator posted:

its supposed to be like that until you/Tidus learn more about Spira.

Oh okay that makes some sense. I'll keep pushing through and see where this journey takes me then. Thanks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

expert grid is way better and more fun. just look at the grid and see what you want people to specialize in and head for the big skills in that class. it's stupid easy and when you start getting teleport and friend spheres and stuff it gives you the opportunity to make people overpowered in the best way. the whole grid is not big enough to be confusing

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Skeezy posted:

Oh okay that makes some sense. I'll keep pushing through and see where this journey takes me then. Thanks.

That's definitely one of the strengths of X. They created a really interesting and rich world, then made your "main" character a stranger to it so there's a reason for explaining all the nuances to you.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

That entire Blitzball autograph part in the beginning killed me. I forgot how stupid it was with the kids asking me to teach them how to play and then the hand motions and omg what the gently caress.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ffx has the most coherent world, except for the MMO's maybe, but they're not as interesting as Spira.

TheRaggedQueen
Mar 4, 2015

Yeah, no.
FFX blew me away a bit. I'd heard a lot about former games in the series, and somewhat expected X to be the same way. It, uh...it was not. But that didn't mean I enjoyed it any less, though the sheer scope of Spira left me a little blown away. While it wasn't the first JRPG I played, it was the first one on a console, and having so much to do and see left my tiny rear end somewhat overwhelmed after a while.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Realistically speaking, is X/X-2 HD worth getting if you already have both games on the PS2? Are 'enhanced' graphics, remastered soundtrack and X-2's monster arena worth the price?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ApplesandOranges posted:

Realistically speaking, is X/X-2 HD worth getting if you already have both games on the PS2? Are 'enhanced' graphics, remastered soundtrack and X-2's monster arena worth the price?

Yes. The extra stuff is fantastic. Especially the weird not-expansion for FFX-2 with the Roguelike tower.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yes. The extra stuff is fantastic. Especially the weird not-expansion for FFX-2 with the Roguelike tower.

You know I bought this at release and haven't even tried that yet. I should really fix that.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
So it looks like the Square-Enix e3 conference will run at the same time as Nintendo's digital e3 conference.

Opps.

With Nintendo going digital, it should have left a vacant spot in the e3 schedule. I guess no one told Square-Enix that it used to be Nintendo's spot and they would have an online conference streamed at the same time.

Square-Enix's e3 conference should largely be centered on the new Eidos releases. We might see a new Hitman game because the new movie is coming out this year. On the Japanese side, FFXIV: Heavensward should be the big focus. As for FFXV, Tabata said it is supposed to make a bigger appearance at Gamescom (PC announcement?). We should also aspect some mobile game related announcements.

Square-Enix is also attending the new PC conference. We might also see them other other conferences, such as Rise of the Tomb Raider at Microsoft's conference.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shhhh. they're the same conference. shhhhhhhhhhhh

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Announce a new Parasite Eve but have it be actually good this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the fourth birthday