Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Epsilon Plus posted:

I can't confirm or deny a masonry, but I am at least 50% sure there's a cult.

can you explain this further?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
were you recruited?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

What makes you think so?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

I can't confirm or deny a masonry, but I am at least 50% sure there's a cult.

Huh, wild. That's worth chewing on a bit.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Look how excited we all are!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Poque posted:

can you explain this further?

No. It would greatly diminish my value to the town.

uranus posted:

were you recruited?

No; if I was, I drat well wouldn't say anything about it.

Gilok posted:

What makes you think so?

My role PM.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i think i get it. i'll follow E+ today

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

My first thought then is, like, that's either a real masonry and EP is just throwing scummy shade, or we've got a cult. Starting to like the sound of dunking uranus to test it and either confirming Poque and dunking EP or vice versa.

Then again, there's probably a third option I'm not thinking of.

(Also in before "setting up chains is scummy.")

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
confirming me what?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure uranus was just being a tard there about the masonry. Allen sure does want to test that stupid joke. I'll go back in a minute and see if he wanted to test the daycop gambit too. Ep, is there anyone you particularly suspect of being cultists? That's kind of an interesting idea to drop this late in the day.

So I still don't like Allen or Hiipfire because they've only contributed noise. Maybe that's not a scum tell on day one or two but by day four if you're still just jumping in, being lovely, and leaving, you're not trying to find scum.

Exact has presented cases mainly through insulting people. Looking at his posts he jumps around to different targets a lot and doesn't seem to present anything hard. I admit I may be biased because he's been up my rear end from day one.

MC is basically dragging this game along by himself and doing all the hard work so he's either super-town or he's really good at playing scum. I'm hoping it's the former.

Uranus is a complete null tell for me. I definitely don't think he's being useful but is he scum or did he just get lost on his way to BYOB?

I'm most suspicious of Allen, Hiip, or Exakt right now. I'll ##vote Hiip for now but I wouldn't need much prompting to switch to the other two.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Oh, this is going to be one of THOSE games. I continue to lament the death of jokephase.

Sorry I'm not s c u m h u n t i n g hard enough for you, but when I see a bunch of people acting like uranus's content is even worth paying attention to, I'm gonna point out either vote him out or don't because that's all you're going to get from him.

There's this here. Why do you believe THAT joke and not the first one?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Allen Wren posted:

Anyway. As regards the latest slapfight, I dunno. I can buy Anon as lurking scum, but something's not entirely sitting right with me on it. Dunno.

as far as I can see, aside from responding to her twice, this is the only time you ever mentioned Anon and you hedged on it. what about my intro posts sent you into red alert when you didn't have a clear opinion on the person i was replacing?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Gilok posted:

I'm pretty sure uranus was just being a tard there about the masonry.

Well duh.

Gilok posted:

Ep, is there anyone you particularly suspect of being cultists? That's kind of an interesting idea to drop this late in the day.

Not really. I will admit to being bad at scumhunting and even worse at finding 3Ps.

Allen Wren posted:

My first thought then is, like, that's either a real masonry and EP is just throwing scummy shade, or we've got a cult. Starting to like the sound of dunking uranus to test it and either confirming Poque and dunking EP or vice versa.

Then again, there's probably a third option I'm not thinking of.

(Also in before "setting up chains is scummy.")

The third option is not including me in a chain because I don't think one way or another that Poque or uranus are cults. I think uranus is scum. I'm just giving you guys information before the reaper's spectral blade takes me to Townhalla.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Exakt just looks like fuckin garbage

You need to ease up. This is a game we're playing for fun. There are no stakes. There are no rewards. You might as well make the experience enjoyable.

That goes for everyone.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Epsilon Plus posted:

The third option is not including me in a chain because I don't think one way or another that Poque or uranus are cults. I think uranus is scum. I'm just giving you guys information before the reaper's spectral blade takes me to Townhalla.

if you expect to be killed why are you withholding info? that doesn't really mesh with

Epsilon Plus posted:

No. It would greatly diminish my value to the town.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Poque posted:

as far as I can see, aside from responding to her twice, this is the only time you ever mentioned Anon and you hedged on it. what about my intro posts sent you into red alert when you didn't have a clear opinion on the person i was replacing?

Because I have a handle on you-as-scum, not so much her-as-scum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Poque posted:

if you expect to be killed why are you withholding info? that doesn't really mesh with

Any information I have becomes public on my death. Town has nothing to lose from me withholding information.

I still think Uranus is the right choice today.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Epsilon Plus posted:

Any information I have becomes public on my death. Town has nothing to lose from me withholding information.

but now they won't kill you...

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Gilok posted:

So I still don't like Allen or Hiipfire because they've only contributed noise. Maybe that's not a scum tell on day one or two but by day four if you're still just jumping in, being lovely, and leaving, you're not trying to find scum.

Allen Wren posted:

jokephase does not end until day five

I just want to plorp uranus, tbh.

##vote uranus

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

I just want to plorp uranus, tbh.

##vote uranus

What the hell does plorp mean you keep saying that like it's english

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Allen Wren posted:

Because I have a handle on you-as-scum, not so much her-as-scum.

so it's entirely meta from what, Ramones? I'd hope you can see how those situations are different. I'd love for you to try to link up that game against a single post and make any kind of sense out of it

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

...so how does this not make you more valuable to town dead than alive?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Gilok posted:

People who are offended by the word "Lynch", or think people should be too offended to use it in a game, are trying to come up with alternatives.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
wait scum peta watched derp? lol ##vote derp

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Gilok posted:

It's my current preferred euphemism for the result of the town vote.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Allen sure likes using meta. He's mentioned it several times this game.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Met posted:

People who are offended by the word "Lynch", or think people should be too offended to use it in a game, are trying to come up with alternatives.

oh my god

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Poque posted:

wait scum peta watched derp? lol ##vote derp

Which one is derp?

I feel like I'm on fuckin' mars with you people

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Met posted:

what

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

uranus (5): fiery_valkyrie, Epsilon Plus, Mithross, Allen Wren, Poque
HiipFire (2): MC Eating Disorder, Gilok
Gilok (2): EXAKT Science, HiipFire
MC Eating Disorder (1): uranus

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 13th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 22 minutes.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Apparently derp is uranus. ok. That fits pretty well actually.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Gilok posted:

Which one is derp?

I feel like I'm on fuckin' mars with you people

derp is uranus, it is his old username, sorry.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

...so how does this not make you more valuable to town dead than alive?

The information I have is limited. The active part of my role is significantly more useful.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
oh my god you do realize constantly repeating the same poo poo isn't gonna magically make people agree with you right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HiipFire posted:

oh my god you do realize constantly repeating the same poo poo isn't gonna magically make people agree with you right?

vote for derp, the guy the scum watched

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh dear. poque is scum :(

anyway, new folks please READ and don't just believe everything you're told. use your hearts, and you'll go far

please do look though at who's voting me and why, and you'll find the answer. because for most people the answer to 'why' is ... ?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also i'm vanilla but my item was a bandage so i thought i'd become a doctor at some point which is why i never claimed it, that was just a tease though it looks like

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
would happily kill allen, or poque (one of my good internet friends!) because thats how scummy he is,

##vote allen

mc im unsure of, he seems to have a scum mindset sometimes but he's posting so drat much and so many words its hard to believe he could be scum. but maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
epsilon seems weird, but maybe not scummy when he could have easily helped with the push to get me killed instead of bringing up this weird cult crap

• Locked thread