Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hiipfire could be scum, who knows. actually all the idiots going bonkers over my posting style have no excuse to not go crazy over hiipfire next. at least im trying to have fun and making lots of posts while he just floats by doing nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
mthross kleenex and 'which way madness' are still in this game? are they? who the gently caress knows. probably a scum among them too

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
bad vibes from valery, but nothing i can put my finger on. the rest of you can be town, i guess

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think you already named everybody

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I dont think there's anything scummy about MC, if he is scum he is currently earning it. Derp gimme a good reason why a scum watcher would watch town and not use it protectively

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
please read allens post history everyone, that is all. good day!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

please read allens post history everyone, that is all. good day!

I just don't get his posts on my meta and he didnt answer my questions

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you know better than that pock, or town pock would. what peta decided to do, or decided to claim to do with his power, has nothign to do with my alignment and i don't need to try to explain or defend his actions. scum mindset, right here. looking for a 'gotcha' to get me killed

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
nobody answers my questions, even when the obvious answer is "to catch a cop looking at the most erratic player"

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Poque posted:

vote for derp, the guy the scum watched

whos derp, is that uranus or iamgay or something?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

uranus posted:

hiipfire could be scum, who knows. actually all the idiots going bonkers over my posting style have no excuse to not go crazy over hiipfire next. at least im trying to have fun and making lots of posts while he just floats by doing nothing

hey your posting style is like mine when I actually post alot

except i dont get mad like a bitch :)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
So we have a cultist AND and arsonist AND scum still in the game?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

HiipFire posted:

scum not reading the thread

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

HiipFire posted:

It's uranus.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

HiipFire posted:

hey your posting style is like mine when I actually post alot

except i dont get mad like a bitch :)

lol scum. i've solved the game everyone

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it's pretty easy to be right when you finger every person left in the game..

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
oh wait imgay isnt even in this game lmao im getting confused by other game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i wish any town players would post. this is just depressing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

this narrative being pushed that i'm 'anti town' is backed by nothing other than repeating it over and over.

frustrating ain't it?

uranus posted:

would happily kill allen, or poque (one of my good internet friends!) because thats how scummy he is

uranus posted:

oh dear. poque is scum :(

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
you've been in this game for like 3 posts, poque, you can't complain yet

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

I dont think there's anything scummy about MC, if he is scum he is currently earning it. Derp gimme a good reason why a scum watcher would watch town and not use it protectively

uranus posted:

you know better than that pock, or town pock would. what peta decided to do, or decided to claim to do with his power, has nothign to do with my alignment and i don't need to try to explain or defend his actions. scum mindset, right here. looking for a 'gotcha' to get me killed

derp is scum because when asked a simple question with a simple answer he went full-rage, deflected, and refused to answer. which ironically was a better answer than the answer i expected

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

you've been in this game for like 3 posts, poque, you can't complain yet

sure i can, you made two "poque is scum" posts without backing them up. just like allen.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i thought you were trying to entrap me with bullshit like everyone else.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
and if you dont get mad when being falsely accused then you've never been town

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

i thought you were trying to entrap me with bullshit like everyone else.

if you think it is a trap, it becomes a trap. how's that for 'scum mindset'?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
THAT'S ROOSEVELT BABYYYYYYYY

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Poque is already the best poster in this thread only a couple posts in

good poo poo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HiipFire posted:

Poque is already the best poster in this thread only a couple posts in

good poo poo

you're buddying everywhere but where it counts

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if anyone voting me can even say why other than 'because other people are' and 'thought peta was town'

i hope with my flip you all feel like jerks and idiots for a while, and don't you dare try to brush it off and shrug and say 'well he was acting scummy' (the scum will do this) because i drat well am not.

scumhunting is about looking at the motivations behind posts, trying to find awkwardness or self consciousness. the kind of posts that are hypersensitive to what people might think of them. but mostly about motivations.

if you think im scum, its because you need to learn to play mafia better, or you are scum yourself.

also, try to remember the last game you played in where the top poster in the thread was scum. i can think of one or two, and they were probably both diqnol.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hmm hmmmm ##unvote

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Poque posted:

you're buddying everywhere but where it counts

im just saying youre the best poster

im not saying youre town or mafia

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'd rather ##vote Allen

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
most of the time the top poster is the one posting the most content and that's definitely not the case in this game

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
define 'content'

then go ahead and point out, other than mc, who is posting more of this mythical 'content' than i am.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

HiipFire posted:

idk about you but both uranus and gilok are "easy lynches" and I don't see you bitching about people voting him

This is a scummy post. Hiip is sitting on what he himself calls an easy vote and is trying to call out MCED as behaving scummy for only being suspicious of half the thread.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Huh, wild. That's worth chewing on a bit.

Allen, what do you mean by this?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Allen has spent the entire game doing setup speculation, doing admitted self-deprecation as though that excuses poor play, and casing almost exclusively on meta that doesn't even make sense.

Gilok had a very good point about one of Allen's posts where he said that he had no target but also called out a "guaranteed scum" (Mithross):

Allen Wren posted:

Dang, the things I miss while I sleep.

Okay.

I dunno if it's an artifact of the setup, or just my poo poo reads, but nobody's seriously pinging me as a megaobvious scumbo yet---specifically that no-one seems to be posting vastly out-of-character, so to speak.

Anyway. As regards the latest slapfight, I dunno. I can buy Anon as lurking scum, but something's not entirely sitting right with me on it. Dunno.

Mithross as guaranteed scum, lots of look-I'm-helpful comments on other people's moves, very little actual hunting. (I know, :ironicat:, right?)

##vote Mithross

Gilok posted:

This post is really scummy to me.

First the whole "Nobody is pinging scum to me" (with hilarious Freudian slip) and then in the same breath "Mithross is guaranteed scum."

Mithross has actually posted some useful comments, unlike Allen. This isn't to say Mithross isn't scum, because they can do that too, but "posting comments on people's moves" is basically how you play mafia. Maybe there's some grand meta-game I'm missing but looking at what people do and say and analyzing it is, as far as I can see, literally the entire game.

He vacillates on Anon without really talking about her posting (I'm assuming her because MC said her earlier and I trust him to spot cocks). Also him calling anyone a lurker is hilarious and Anon isn't lurking at all.

I'm pretty comfortable with this read considering it's all the information we've gotten from Allen so far. ##vote allen

I'd be cool with voting hiip too but my heart tells me that Allen is the way to go.

but allen's responses to this was to latch onto the "freudian" part of the comment and ignore the rest of it entirely:

Allen Wren posted:

"freudian slip"

what the gently caress are you on about

Allen Wren posted:

seriously don't see what's freudian about it

the thread of conversation disappears after that, which is what posts like Allen's are designed to try to do - latch on to something tertiary to draw attention away from the actual case involved in a post.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Allen Wren posted:

Chicken butter masala was a good call.

Okay back now.

I don't particularly have a defense as to my lovely posting, but I guarantee you I'm not scum.

Seeing as I'm the top contender right now, I'll reiterate for future case-making purposes - I'm VT, I appear to have been busdriven night one, but was not visited night two. My item is a vest, which appears to have no utility at this time.

How do you know you weren't visited if you're VT?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Met posted:

You need to ease up. This is a game we're playing for fun. There are no stakes. There are no rewards. You might as well make the experience enjoyable.

That goes for everyone.

If this game across as really personal or super pissed I'm sorry exact (and met), but this is kind of how I post in all my games, even the ones where I'm super frustrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Maia edit : NOT super frustrated

• Locked thread