Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poque posted:

Allen has spent the entire game doing setup speculation, doing admitted self-deprecation as though that excuses poor play, and casing almost exclusively on meta that doesn't even make sense.

Gilok had a very good point about one of Allen's posts where he said that he had no target but also called out a "guaranteed scum" (Mithross):

but allen's responses to this was to latch onto the "freudian" part of the comment and ignore the rest of it entirely:

the thread of conversation disappears after that, which is what posts like Allen's are designed to try to do - latch on to something tertiary to draw attention away from the actual case involved in a post.

Yeah I'm just rereading all the posts from last night and there is another good one from Gilok. Let me go back and find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mafia edit 2: Came across as super personal ugh ok I'll just get off my phone

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Gilok posted:

I'm pretty sure uranus was just being a tard there about the masonry. Allen sure does want to test that stupid joke. I'll go back in a minute and see if he wanted to test the daycop gambit too. Ep, is there anyone you particularly suspect of being cultists? That's kind of an interesting idea to drop this late in the day.

So I still don't like Allen or Hiipfire because they've only contributed noise. Maybe that's not a scum tell on day one or two but by day four if you're still just jumping in, being lovely, and leaving, you're not trying to find scum.

Exact has presented cases mainly through insulting people. Looking at his posts he jumps around to different targets a lot and doesn't seem to present anything hard. I admit I may be biased because he's been up my rear end from day one.

MC is basically dragging this game along by himself and doing all the hard work so he's either super-town or he's really good at playing scum. I'm hoping it's the former.

Uranus is a complete null tell for me. I definitely don't think he's being useful but is he scum or did he just get lost on his way to BYOB?

I'm most suspicious of Allen, Hiip, or Exakt right now. I'll ##vote Hiip for now but I wouldn't need much prompting to switch to the other two.

This one. Just comes across as sincere and like he's actually thinking about the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poque, can you expand on your thoughts between this

Poque posted:

wait scum peta watched derp? lol ##vote derp

and this

Poque posted:

hmm hmmmm ##unvote

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm not going to be around at deadline as I have bowling tonight but I would really really really like people to look at Allen's post history because it's terrible.

like almost every post includes some kind of "bad play but lol I admit it" post: (1), (2), (3), (4)

or a read that isn't actually a read because it's based entirely on meta: (1), (2), (3), (4), (5)

or setup speculation: (1), (2)

or just straight up worthless filler: (1), (2), (3), (4)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Poque, can you expand on your thoughts between this

and this

I still have no issues thinking derp is scum, but he (or somebody) made a post asking us to read Allen's post history and I did and it's way worse. Allen also pinged me weirdly by throwing in an alleged read on my meta when the only time he's seen me as scum was in a game where he was the moderator and knew I was scum from the beginning. He hasn't answered any of my questions, just avoided them like he avoided Gilok's case with the "freudian" stuff.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Allen Wren posted:

My first thought then is, like, that's either a real masonry and EP is just throwing scummy shade, or we've got a cult. Starting to like the sound of dunking uranus to test it and either confirming Poque and dunking EP or vice versa.

Then again, there's probably a third option I'm not thinking of.

(Also in before "setting up chains is scummy.")

I would like you to expand on this further because I don't see any connection between "there might be a cult" and "lynching derp will test the cult and confirm Poque"

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey poque what do you think happened on n2 when a body turned up after visiting you?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Probably killed by Kleedrac's one shot nightkill

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It wasn't kleedrac that visited you that night though it was wwm

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wait nvm I'm dumb as hell

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MC Eating Disorder posted:

It wasn't kleedrac that visited you that night though it was wwm

WWM visited me, Kleedrac visited WWM. i don't think that would count as kleedrac visiting me but would still account for the death.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Town juggernaut still kind of implies an SK though (I completely forgot about kleedrac) so I'd still rather nobody visited you tonight anyway just in case I'm right

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
we've had two nights with only one kill though, and we have a flipped extra NK. really I think that just implies that somebody's BP.

don't think you'll have any trouble getting people to stay away from me anyway since i expect I would scream out the name of my murderer if they came a-knocking and a-stabbing

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Woke up to a bunch of posts, and they just kept trickling in.

Poque posted:

i'm not going to be around at deadline as I have bowling tonight but I would really really really like people to look at Allen's post history because it's terrible.

I agree. I couldn't lay it out the way you did, but I've been willing to lynch him the last couple days. I wouldn't be upset if we keep the vote on uranus either. Allen has consistently added nothing, even in his posts designed to look like they're contributing, all while attacking me for adding very little. Uranus at least started playing the game, instead of his own game, when he came under attack. That doesn't count for much, but it was nice to see he's capable of it.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Poque posted:

we've had two nights with only one kill though, and we have a flipped extra NK. really I think that just implies that somebody's BP

yeah even night SK was my original thought but you're kind of right. It's still a huge coincidence kleedrac hit someone that targeted you but it's possible. That said, I think the fact that your role would actively discourage scum from killing you is quite problematic as town for balance reasons. In a game with at least 1 3p and the possibility of 2 more (if we believe both EP and exakt) it doesn't seem very 'fair' to have a townie you just can't target at all without getting fingered

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Poque I'm thinking about it a lot and I really like you as scum today ##vote poque

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
based on what?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm honestly not sure if I'm missing something for big and I can't be available for deadline so I'm probably not gonna be able to stick that vote but if anyone wants to critique my last few posts I'd really appreciate it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

yeah even night SK was my original thought but you're kind of right. It's still a huge coincidence kleedrac hit someone that targeted you but it's possible. That said, I think the fact that your role would actively discourage scum from killing you is quite problematic as town for balance reasons. In a game with at least 1 3p and the possibility of 2 more (if we believe both EP and exakt) it doesn't seem very 'fair' to have a townie you just can't target at all without getting fingered

I don't understand the dismissal of what is the most likely happenstance. it's just as much of a coincidence that my role was activated by a town than someone targeting that town in the first place. Is your train of thought "this is unfair for scum, therefore it must be scum" because that's a bad way of going about it

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

I can see your line of thought here, but we don't know exactly how Poque's power works. If he just calls out the name of every visitor, in order, then yes, it seems like a pretty hard power to balance on a townie. But we've only seen it in action once, and that was to someone who's only power was to "just visit", so we don't know how it interacts with people who actually do things.

It's an interesting place to start, but I don't think it's a case in and of itself.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Poque posted:

based on what?

It's bad setup spec poo poo but I honestly don't see how your role can be balanced as town with 3ps

Like if tomorrow exakt isn't set on fire and EP still hasn't come out with any good proof of another 3p I'll drop it and I doubt you're getting lynched today but I wanted to express the idea you might be scum because even with 1 3p it's pretty unusual since it pretty much guarantees you survive to lylo as town

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It's bad setup spec poo poo but I honestly don't see how your role can be balanced as town with 3ps

Like if tomorrow exakt isn't set on fire and EP still hasn't come out with any good proof of another 3p I'll drop it and I doubt you're getting lynched today but I wanted to express the idea you might be scum because even with 1 3p it's pretty unusual since it pretty much guarantees you survive to lylo as town

it is indeed bad setup spec. it's very easily balanced by a ninja.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
don't ever judge a single role on its own and claim you're looking at "balance". that's nonsensical.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Poque posted:

it is indeed bad setup spec. it's very easily balanced by a ninja.

Ok that's a very good point ##vote allen I'm vibing with anus today and you made a solid case, I'm just really stressed and burned out atm so I can't really be bothered trying to make my own case for today. I'll try to read the thread at work to hammer Uranus if Allen doesn't get any traction but I can't promise anything and there's a bunch of other people that are capable of doing it (I do not really care about the blood on my hands or the glory anymore)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

hey your posting style is like mine when I actually post alot

except i dont get mad like a bitch :)

Every instance of being a dick is -1 to vote from now on.

If this game across as really personal or super pissed I'm sorry exact (and met), but this is kind of how I post in all my games, even the ones where I'm super frustrated

You might want to... you know... not post as if you're getting super pissed and personal?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
that was meant more as a joke but ok ill stop :(

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, there's just no pleasing some people.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

You can go ahead and toss me if you like, I'm basically uninteresting and valueless as this game goes. I haven't been able to get a clue about anyone, so I've been throwing poo poo at the wall and hoping something sticks. The only point I can really address with a response other than "because it seemed like a good idea at the time" is Poque asking how I knew I hadn't been visited one night, and with that I was just rolling off the fact that I got busdriven the one night (as you saw in your read) and then I got a message saying nothing had happened that night. That is all, carry on.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
met would it be ok without the curse words? I'm willing to give up swearing before I give up saying that people look like garbage instead of looking scummy but I'll stop both if you want.

Met posted:

Every instance of being a dick is -1 to vote from now on.

I was gonna say something earlier about how people are normally dicks to people they perceive to as being dicks to them so this is probably not a terrible idea because I feel like this game is sort of spiralling down a little and I want to hunt scum, not make enemies so I'm cool with it but I just really want to clarify that i'm not trying to be a dick to anyone, and I want to apologize to Exakt and anyone else i've called garbage because I am having fun and talking trash is a part of that for me but I can have fun without it so its cool to not do that as well.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think we're actually making a lot of progress towards not being assholes to each other today so good job everyone we're all winners at being human beings on the internet

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just use good judgement? I got a couple complaints early in the game about people being exceptionally rude so now I'm just more sensitive to seeing insults being thrown around.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Vote people if you think their behaviour is scummy, not because you're trying to "solve" the game.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yeah the problem is I think literally everyone in this game is acting scummy so I need something else to narrow down who to vote for

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Town juggernaut still kind of implies an SK though (I completely forgot about kleedrac) so I'd still rather nobody visited you tonight anyway just in case I'm right

I dont understand your logic here. Why does a town juggernaut imply an SK?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
look I don't want to talk setup stuff anymore I already feel dumb as hell for starting it off in the first place lets just focus on who is being scummy

It shouldn't matter if there's still an SK anyway because the more I think about it because we're so far behind that we probably should still be trying to hit scum regardless

sorry for the derail guys

valk, how sure are you on uranus vs allen? Willing to switch today?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

look I don't want to talk setup stuff anymore I already feel dumb as hell for starting it off in the first place lets just focus on who is being scummy

It shouldn't matter if there's still an SK anyway because the more I think about it because we're so far behind that we probably should still be trying to hit scum regardless

sorry for the derail guys

valk, how sure are you on uranus vs allen? Willing to switch today?

we're behind? we haven't mislynched yet

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno it still feels behind, but maybe its just the fact that, assuming exakt and EP are both telling the truth, we've got at least 2 more 3p as well.

Both those claims might be total bullshit though

Anyway, going to work in a sec should be quiet enough to switch to buttman at deadline but I'm not gonna be able to really actively contribute so if anyone has anyone else they want from me today, now's the time.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It didn't occur to me at all that we haven't actually hit town with a lynch yet which is cool but we're probably going to lose Exakt at the very least tonight as well unless our 2nd arsonist is going for some epic fireball now that our firefighter is dead (if they exist at all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I dont understand your logic here. Why does a town juggernaut imply an SK?

I think the idea is that SKs are more often bulletproof than scum.

• Locked thread