Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gortarius posted:

I wonder if we could get Dan McNeely to voice X1.

Do you mean Edwyn Tiong's character in Godlimations' flash games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How big a booth are you guys getting at E3?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
How did that Japanese convention go, a while back? Did anyone stop at your booth? Did anyone enjoy your demo?

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

How did that Japanese convention go, a while back? Did anyone stop at your booth? Did anyone enjoy your demo?

I'm interested in this also. Also please come back to PAX I miss playing Barkley 2 so much. I will buy you guys overpriced pizza and miniature b-balls.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Will you do anything special to celebrate this thread's fourth year anniversary a year and a half from now?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just want Tales'ss's of Game'ss'''''sss to know that I love them, and every night I light a candle in support of everything they do.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Will you do anything special to celebrate this thread's fourth year anniversary a year and a half from now?

Official cancel the game in order to start their next kickstarter.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

senae posted:

Official cancel the game in order to start their next kickstarter.

Whoa, looks like someone has spilled the beans early.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I forgot I paid $10 to Kickstart this. Where's my game? I'm calling the lawyer I use to sue MMO companies that don't have enough servers on launch day.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Yaos posted:

I forgot I paid $10 to Kickstart this. Where's my game? I'm calling the lawyer I use to sue MMO companies that don't have enough servers on launch day.

We have all the servers. Your move, buddy.

Anyways here's some crummy DwarfNet avatars I made recently.

The idea is that every ToG idiot would contribute so that the visual style is a complete mishmash of garbage, much like in any genuine message boards.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Bit...sheqels?

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Which one's the Stupid Newbie default pic?

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Will you have an option to spend proto neo bitsheckles to upgrade your DwarfNet account with an animated avatar, archives upgrade, or pms to other posters?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It will be real money DLC.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
not a single loli? what the gently caress

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I can't decide if Dance Party Gerudo Valley is cool or an abomination.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's better than Gerudo - Sandstorm.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

GZ is tops in my book. Everyone should play Vidiot Game.

pff everyone knows 78641's the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEEyOdVsdsQ

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The clock runs backward?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Will Doug Beach be in the game

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

CharlesM posted:

The clock runs backward?

Well, I uh...

Look, it's a feature, okay?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
time counts down on a basketball court too

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

From what I recall, the guys who were there told that there was a lot of people who stopped by, but they all got confused and then left to play better games.

We even had the first NPC you meet talk in nippon.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Will Doug Beach be in the game

Only in the credits...

I'm sure there is gonna be some really lovely developer zone like in the first game with doctor Doug Beach MD in it to diagnose if you have aspergers.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Gortarius posted:

Anyways here's some crummy DwarfNet avatars I made recently.

The idea is that every ToG idiot would contribute so that the visual style is a complete mishmash of garbage, much like in any genuine message boards.

Can we goony plebians make some too?

CharlesM posted:

The clock runs backward?

Oh great, you had to point that out. Now they'll spend months fixing it.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
So how big is the day one patch going to be?

Are we going to be clipping through the ground? Talk to Lovecraftian faceless NPC?

give it to us straight

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

For there to be a day one patch, the game has to be released first.

Not like that's going to happen!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

RadicalR posted:

So how big is the day one patch going to be?

Are we going to be clipping through the ground? Talk to Lovecraftian faceless NPC?

give it to us straight

Those are both features and will not be patched out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Since most of the quest and puzzles don't work anyway, you're gonna need to clip through terrain to get past them.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Blackheart posted:

Since most of the quest and puzzles don't work anyway, you're gonna need to clip through terrain to get past them.

We are going for the Sonic 2006 approach with our game design.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I hope the final boss music is as epic as the video posted.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
No track is ever going to be funnier than having that ridiculous Blue Dragon track pop up in Barkley 1.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Yaos posted:

I hope the final boss music is as epic as the video posted.

i'm not saying i have insider information, but...

http://www.8notes.com/scores/15749.asp?ftype=midi

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

notZaar posted:

No track is ever going to be funnier than having that ridiculous Blue Dragon track pop up in Barkley 1.

Challenge accepted.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

notZaar posted:

"This is the beginning
Its whereAAAaAaAaAALL this started"

/Deep Purple

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Gortarius posted:

We are going for the Sonic 2006 approach with our game design.

I believe in you guys, I'm sure you can get the game to be as bad as Sonic Boom.

Also, one NPC avatar should be based on homestuck avatars, which are suitably terrible, and were all the rage back in 2012/2013 when you started this project.

VVVVV Just basically, make sure you do research on what makes a poo poo avatar. Lots of dwarf waifus etc.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 16, 2015

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Famicon is contributing to this game, right? Definitely get some avatars from them.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

How bad is the downgrade going to be? As proud PC developers you need to make your game look worse in order to maintain the necessary Conspiracy Levels. I expect it to be 8-bit upon release. Also it will have poor LoD.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Good developers always create a lot of controversy around their game. Send a review copy to a big name gaming "journalist" that has in-game messages like in Dark Souls, tell them the message are from other reviewers but the messages are actually all made by the devs and they say terrible things about the "journalist". In their review, the journalist will complain about the awful messages and nobody will know what the hell they are talking about because the messages were only in the version the "journalist" got. They should make the messages look like they are badly photoshopped in to make it look like it was added by the "journalist".

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Yaos posted:

Good developers always create a lot of controversy around their game. Send a review copy to a big name gaming "journalist" that has in-game messages like in Dark Souls, tell them the message are from other reviewers but the messages are actually all made by the devs and they say terrible things about the "journalist". In their review, the journalist will complain about the awful messages and nobody will know what the hell they are talking about because the messages were only in the version the "journalist" got. They should make the messages look like they are badly photoshopped in to make it look like it was added by the "journalist".

Hmm, this is a good plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yaos posted:

Tales of Game'sGate