Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

I AM BRAWW posted:

I think someone at TDE struggles with DROPPING FUCKIN JAY ROCK'S ALBUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
new Nacho Picasso with half of BSBD:
https://ultraglacial.bandcamp.com/album/the-witchtape

new Future vid from 56 Nights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXXZ3J_QIGw

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The new Young Thug / Rich Homie Quan leaks are awesome but it's bullshit the full version of this song isn't out yet. Jesus Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8skCUrKXHZ4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Atrilli has the best one

quote:

The Brought is Over.

:worship:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Power is my favorite song of the leaks so far

Should have been released officially

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 13, 2015

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wonder what engineers birdman forgot to pay to cause 6 albums worth of material leaking

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wonder what engineers birdman forgot to pay to cause 6 albums worth of material leaking

So I guess KTT has a group of people who buy and sell unreleased tracks and one of the guys posted the link of the songs to a hip hop site's chatbox. Or Weezy's got hackers on the payroll:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

So I guess KTT has a group of people who buy and sell unreleased tracks and one of the guys posted the link of the songs to a hip hop site's chatbox.

wtf I didn't even know this was a thing until now

What sort of lovely studio people does thug work with where 6 hours of nearly finished stuff gets leaked?

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

What sort of lovely studio people does thug work with where 6 hours of nearly finished stuff gets leaked?

idk but I want in

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

the rappening

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Crumbletron posted:

the rappening

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Chances are these were all mostly throwaways/gonna be on free poo poo anyway. Not that it's not lovely but from the little I've listened to (104 straight Young Thug songs is...a lot) it def sounds like some of these are old.

I think it's funny though that apparently a vault of YT tracks are worth a handful of Drake tracks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Raekwon and Ghostface are doing an OB4CL 20th anniversary tour and of course I have to work that night

spoils
Nov 2, 2012
rhq raps about raping a chick lol
unrelated new Vince Stapes vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OAYMMod9Wo

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

bsbd really needs to do more hip hop production

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

like half of these leaks are either from barter 6 or they sound like theyve been recorded off of someones phone but some of these legit new things like ms jackson are insane

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

thukkers sound engineer dude posted on reddit for those who didnt see it

Alex Tumay posted:

These songs were a huge part of the past two years of my life. Most of those tracks probably would've ended up coming out for free when they were completed and the time was right, but they are for the most part unfinished. Whoever leaked them has no respect for music or the work that goes into creating it. Now there is a very real chance that these unfinished versions will be the only ones that people ever hear. I don't have the time to devote to mixing/arranging the leaks for free, and I doubt there's any interest to pay to have them mixed now that they leaked, so these will be the most complete versions people hear. We spent months on months, more or less living in the studio, creating these tracks. I don't do this for the money. I do it because I care greatly about making something new and unique. Making my client's music better. Making quality sounding music in a genre that change/experimentation/sonics often become an afterthought in. I want to change the world of rap music, and the less these songs are heard, the less of an impact they will make. I'm incredibly disheartened that this occurred and the fact that it will probably result in less official releases and will reduce the impact of some amazing tracks, that deserved a proper release. I'm glad that the songs are getting heard, just wish it could have been in a better context. I hate to give any extra attention to these leaks, but I felt like I had to say something.

tl;dr: this is why we cant have nice things

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
That sums up my feelings on leaking pretty well too :smith:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Jay stabbed Un over a leak. This guy goes on reddit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've big respect for studio dudes and I think it's really lovely to leak unfinished stuff, even if it was gonna be free. This is why a lot of engineer and mix guys hate letting weed carriers into the studios.

Saying that tho, if you're stupid enough to have six hours of music somewhere were people can just leak it then smh.
Put a password on your Mac, drat.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

On one hand I totally understand and can sympathize with how it must feel to have all that poo poo just leak like that.

But really, how much change was gonna come from some overproduced, 3+ year old throwaway tracks on a mixtape everyone forgets about the day after it drops? Like how is that good music? I mean he implies that at least some of these are 2+ years old and still weren't ready for whatever reason. It's a big reason why so many mixtapes from dudes known for dropping a lot of content are garbage-you just get a bunch of stale, loose tracks from years ago that weren't ever good enough to actually monetize, but are still being pumped out just to get some dude's name back buzzing a bit.

And not saying that there's some mixtape covenant that's being broken, but tbh i'd rather stuff coming out from dudes as they're actually developing or whatever, even if it's not been perfectly mixed. And if someone spends 5 minutes total creating a song but it takes hours to make it actually passable, maybe that's just a lovely song and it shouldn't be released?

And just in general it is kinda ridiculous how frequent leaks in rap seem to occur vs. in other music.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

alansmithee posted:

On one hand I totally understand and can sympathize with how it must feel to have all that poo poo just leak like that.

But really, how much change was gonna come from some overproduced, 3+ year old throwaway tracks on a mixtape everyone forgets about the day after it drops? Like how is that good music? I mean he implies that at least some of these are 2+ years old and still weren't ready for whatever reason. It's a big reason why so many mixtapes from dudes known for dropping a lot of content are garbage-you just get a bunch of stale, loose tracks from years ago that weren't ever good enough to actually monetize, but are still being pumped out just to get some dude's name back buzzing a bit.

And not saying that there's some mixtape covenant that's being broken, but tbh i'd rather stuff coming out from dudes as they're actually developing or whatever, even if it's not been perfectly mixed. And if someone spends 5 minutes total creating a song but it takes hours to make it actually passable, maybe that's just a lovely song and it shouldn't be released?

And just in general it is kinda ridiculous how frequent leaks in rap seem to occur vs. in other music.

I'm with you here, this just seems like an odd way to go about your content. Many artists, 50 being the best example have found great success in just giving the people the music. If there are some real quality tracks that were in there then that's a different story but most of these tracks weren't going to be anything more than mixtape cuts anyway so just release them! Even if they all weren't amazing, the point is about creating buzz around what you have to offer the rap game. If you really want to build upon a track that you released, you do what every rapper has done since the 90's and grab some other people with notoriety and call it a remix! Go nuts, change the beat, the hook...who gives a gently caress as long as there is excitement around it.

And jesus christ, how hard is it to protect your content? These "leaks" are usually intentional anyway but if you just left all of this content laying around not protected then you got what exactly you deserved.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Yuzenn posted:

you got what exactly you deserved.

lmao what is wrong with you

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtMzlzg73bo

owns

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's the best track on the album, plus nearly ep length

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's the best track on the album, plus nearly ep length

I dunno I'm a bit more partial to Prisoner 1&2, but Mural is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq74YbY-djQ

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Why would they sit on songs for years if they think they're gonna be hits?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Robert Analog posted:

Rap game wasn't ready yet

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Rap game wasn't ready yet

Rap game Nostradamus

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Profondo Rosso posted:

bsbd really needs to do more hip hop production

drat right, this Witchtape is better than all of the leaked YT tracks combined. And that's with a B- effort from Nacho on several of the tracks.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Best song, so good.

Robert Analog posted:

Yeah, maybe 5 of these would have ever seen the light of day. I don't feel that bad for enjoying this leaked hotness.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

Yeah, maybe 5 of these would have ever seen the light of day. I don't feel that bad for enjoying this leaked hotness.

Considering several Barter 6 songs are in the leak I have to imagine there is stuff that would have been on his debut album in there.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
This Nacho Picasso tape is really really nice

Henchman of Santa posted:

Raekwon and Ghostface are doing an OB4CL 20th anniversary tour and of course I have to work that night

Yeah they're doing the Wireless 10-year Anniversary too, if anyone's thinking of going to that.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Forgot how good Tetsuo and Youth is, Lupe is rapping his rear end off

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, I enjoyed it as much as TPAB, it was reassuring to have Lupe suddenly not be eyeroll-worthy and hyperlame, I'll just pretend he went Food & Liquor ----> The Cool --------> Tetsuo and Youth
More than anything it was great on another level than just being a decent album because it was all like "Lupe's back!" after that uneven period we will not mention. It feels good to be able to listen to new Lupe Fiasco again.

Dots & Lines and You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said) are my chill songs of the year so far

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Speaking of Rae and Ghost, I will never forgive Ghost for this.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Is that the Twin Peaks theme on song 3 of the new BSBSD/Nacho?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

workign my way through the giant thugga leak and its hit or miss. what are yalls favorites

edit: also the gates track <3 dude kills any feature he gets wish his new tape would drop already

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
My cousin is young enough that his tastes in hip-hop are still malleable, but suburban enough that he's statistically guaranteed to eventually get into embarrassing whiteboy trash without outside interference. Who should I get him into that will drag him away from ever having to tell me "You should listen to Dance with the Devil/Ill Mind of Hopsin 6, it's about Real Issues, not weed or bitches"? His current favorite rapper is MF Doom, though he also likes OutKast and Wu-Tang Clan. I feel like just dumping Real Trap poo poo on him would do more harm than good without building up his tolerance first. Although if he ever wants to listen to Immortal Technique, I've got an audiobook of The Souls of Black Folk from college.