Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm a dumb piece of poo poo and haven't seen The Road Warrior or Thunderdome (have seen original Mad Max, tho), so while I may not be the most educated opinion on the matter I'd just like to say I loved the gently caress out of this movie. As an action movie it blew the Avengers clear out of its stupid shiny spandexy waters. Holy balls. Someone go see the film please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i want to see it really bad

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Thank you friend, I want to believe.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I think you are a liar

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Herr Tog posted:

I think you are a liar

I hope that when the dust settles, it could be a year or seven from now, but eventually you will give the movie a chance. Take it at your pace friend.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
gently caress theaters, I'll pick up a bootleg when I go through Hong Kong next week.

Christ, can't wait to see the Duffwagon in action. Or that double-deck '59 Fleetwood rod. Like a Siamese Cadillac.

Is there an Oscar for irresponsible automotive engineering?

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007
Hadn't heard anything about this even being a movie in awhile, but it sounds pretty rad and I'll definitely go see it after finals.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I'm a dumb piece of poo poo and haven't seen The Road Warrior or Thunderdome (have seen original Mad Max, tho), so while I may not be the most educated opinion on the matter I'd just like to say I loved the gently caress out of this movie. As an action movie it blew the Avengers clear out of its stupid shiny spandexy waters. Holy balls. Someone go see the film please.

heres another movie you might like op, driving ms daisy

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
I am so ready for this movie. I got the Trilogy on bluray in that sweet steelbook case and I'm probs gonna marathon it before I go see Fury Road.

:iia:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zimboe posted:

gently caress theaters, I'll pick up a bootleg when I go through Hong Kong next week.

Christ, can't wait to see the Duffwagon in action. Or that double-deck '59 Fleetwood rod. Like a Siamese Cadillac.

HOLY gently caress GUYS MOVIES ARENT REALISTIC??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!

Robo Reagan posted:

HOLY gently caress GUYS MOVIES ARENT REALISTIC??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't think that was what he was going for.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I don't like that "Mad" Max Rockatansky is portrayed by yeat another weird looking brit hollywood seems to love so much these days. Somehow just doesn't click. But maybe it's good, I heard good things. How does it measure up to Beyond Thunderdome?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

holy poo poo this movie has 99% on rotten tomatoes

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
Gonna see it tonight with my WAIFU it's either movie of the year or its gonna be bad.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

holy poo poo this movie has 99% on rotten tomatoes

If you put a gun to my head I would have guessed 37% based on the trailer. It didn't look bad itself, just like a movie that turns out to be bad.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I am unreasonably excited to see this talkie.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
The RT score is what's amazing to me. I am so drat curious about this film

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

dog buttz posted:

If you put a gun to my head I would have guessed 37% based on the trailer. It didn't look bad itself, just like a movie that turns out to be bad.
What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c

:captainpop:

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
wait, it's out??

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The delays and reshoots were the only thing that had me suspicious. The trailers actually alleviated a lot of that suspicion. This could have been a lot of lovely things and it ended up being really good apparently, and i can't wait to see it.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I would like to watch this movie.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
alright alright while i want to see this movie too guys need to chill on the rhetoric otherwise you'll inevitably be disappointed because youre all bitter goons

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Some asshole told me to get fucked and eat shit so I got fucked and ate shit
how violent is it op

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

prediction: goons will hate it because it's good and popular

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Police Automaton posted:

I don't like that "Mad" Max Rockatansky is portrayed by yeat another weird looking brit hollywood seems to love so much these days. Somehow just doesn't click. But maybe it's good, I heard good things. How does it measure up to Beyond Thunderdome?

Well hell, Max is gitten a bit wrinkly these days.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I have tickets to see it in just over 4 hour's time with a bunch of friends. I cannot wait.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'm so loving stoked for this movie. So loving stoked.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Robo Reagan posted:

I think he's using irresponsible as a com0pliment. Yiu know, like when the kids these days wiith their hippity hop say something is "bad"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
movie of the year right here

havent seen it yet tho

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

zimboe posted:

gently caress that. See it in cinemas or dont watch it at all.

Saw it yesterday.

Seriously, this is a cinema experience.

Thunder Mug
Jul 11, 2008

They may kick our ass, but they will never kick Our Freedom!
Going to see it tomorrow night at the drive in. super excited. I'm just sad that my car isn't anywhere near as cool as any of the ones in the movie.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
i know the feeling. my car is a diesel and is loud but i feel like i need steel reinforcement on the bumpers now so i can ram things after seeing the movie. in case i have to...

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Thunder Mug posted:

Going to see it tomorrow night at the drive in. super excited. I'm just sad that my car isn't anywhere near as cool as any of the ones in the movie.

Man I wish there was a drive-in near me. This definitely looks like a good movie for a drive-in theatre.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
on a scale of 1 to 10 how how feminist propaganda was there?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Moridin920 posted:

on a scale of 1 to 10 how how feminist propaganda was there?

At no point in the movie did I roll my eyes over forced WOMEN ARE COOL TOO scenes. The women in this movie are trying to survive, same as anyone else. They are just as brutal as they need to be, without making a big show of it. I really enjoyed that.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
It has gotten really good critical reviews OP.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I looked at IMDB and it's three points higher than I expected (9,2). Might be worth watching.

f_c_
Oct 27, 2007

esn2500 posted:

how violent is it op

pg-13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
fine gently caress ill see it tonight JESUS

• Locked thread