Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
I don't really know what two comedy writers will add to the show.

Is Opie going to do a monologue at the start of the show, or have a list a pre-prepared funny quips about the stories in the news? Maybe they're just going to feed him lines like Sam does to Bobo when he's in.

I remember one time when Bobo was in and Sam was doing exactly that until Bobo just starts going off on his own, "wow you can really tell the difference"

Might have been this, I can't listen right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNfTI3w3IDY

I suppose at the very least, the Stangels might at least provide some connections to get some new faces into the studio instead of the same old comedians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Stern was legitimately funny (to me) when Jackie was handing him jokes the whole show, but Howard can read and deliver a joke properly. Opie with writers ain't gonna fix his comedic problems.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you need to know where the show is going just listen to some Brother Wheeze clips.

MOTHA HUCKA

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Dave posted:

If you need to know where the show is going just listen to some Brother Wheeze clips.

MOTHA HUCKA

i was thinking PFG TV but i think Anthony's already got that going on

joe_defroster
Jul 12, 2004
I think they are going to add some new characters to the show. How about a young sports-guy who's "totally out of control", "outrageous", a real "party-animal" with a "skewed outlook on life" to relate to the younger demographic.
I mean this is the 90-ties.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Ron: Why do you need to get your knee fixed? From kneeling down sucking all that dick? What do you go down on one knee like an old umpire?

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i was thinking PFG TV but i think Anthony's already got that going on

Scorch actually managed to sort out a studio for himself.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't understand why anthony can't rent time at a pre existing nyc studio, that has to exist right? Why front all th equipment costs?

Of its because Keith is playing with his rich friends money and doesn't know what he's doing isn't it?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

The Dave posted:

its because Keith is playing with his rich friends money and doesn't know what he's doing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tapping out of TACS. I haven't had too much time to listen anyway, but Ant needs to figure this poo poo out (step 1: fire Keith)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Is there some sort of drama going on in the Human Garbage programme? Sorry I haven't been following it, but I'm still interested in Ant's hijinks. :ohdear:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

shyduck posted:

Tapping out of TACS. I haven't had too much time to listen anyway, but Ant needs to figure this poo poo out (step 1: fire Keith)

Your avatar: Anthony Cumia.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Morter posted:

Is there some sort of drama going on in the Human Garbage programme? Sorry I haven't been following it, but I'm still interested in Ant's hijinks. :ohdear:

Apparently the much vaunted NYC studio that was to usher in a new era of star guests and less race talk has fallen through.

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Some post on Reddit claiming Ant will be on Scott Shannon's show on Friday. Any truth to this?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Guy Compton posted:

Some post on Reddit claiming Ant will be on Scott Shannon's show on Friday. Any truth to this?

It was on the New York Radio Message Board too until Allan Sniffen deleted it.

And yes, I read the New York Radio Message Board, because it's the most unintentionally hilarious website on the planet.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

TL posted:

It was on the New York Radio Message Board too until Allan Sniffen deleted it.

why, did he smell somethin' bad, tss

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

joe_defroster posted:

I mean this is the 90-ties.

Did someone say 'ninetyties' once or did you really just type that instead of 90s?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Going from Dave Letterman to Opie Radio sounds like a suicide worthy step down.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The Stengel brothers did a horrible job of writing jokes for the show this morning.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Bubba Smith posted:

The Stengel brothers did a horrible job of writing jokes for the show this morning.

They are only there to write jokes for Chip.

Seriously though, Opie mocked the folks on Twitter who have suggested they are there as writers. They are supposedly there as producers of some kind and have already been there for a while.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Are the Stangels going to be in studio full-time? It was interesting to hear a couple of different voices/perspectives other than Opie, Jim and Sam today

If having the Stangels there means Sam gets less air time during O&J, I'm all for it.

Paul Kersey fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 13, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i can use youtube and google, i bet i could "produce" for the O&J show too

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh goodie, they're running LootCrate ads now. So that's the kind of consumer they're going for. Yep, that sure would be refreshing content I can't get anywhere else.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

Paul Kersey posted:

If having the Stangels there means Sam any Norton character gets less air time during O&J, I'm all for it.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Lady Di's getting evicted.

https://twitter.com/OrbaniDiana/status/598612964745195520

I hope she plugs her panhandling gigs on O&J.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
The Stangel brothers really added a lot to the show today. :suicide:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

MullardEL34 posted:

The Stangel brothers really added a lot to the show today. :suicide:

Guys mind mentioning highlights? :shobon:/:ohdear:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Morter posted:

Guys mind mentioning highlights? :shobon:/:ohdear:

It was the show like usual plus Jenny Hutt stopped by.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I was curious to hear what they had to say about the Stangel bros, so I checked it out, I hate to admit it but I was cracking up at the "Klerjonkst" game show Jimmy made up.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I can't imagine having the time to listen to O&J with any regularity on top of Bangtin.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Boo. Norton characters are the #1 best thing on O&J. Hell, going back to the anti-Sam comment, he's at least not loving Opie. Sam is better at talk than the namesake of the poo poo show.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Boo. Norton characters are the #1 best thing on O&J. Hell, going back to the anti-Sam comment, he's at least not loving Opie. Sam is better at talk than the namesake of the poo poo show.

Sam seems to do a better job of interacting with Jim and his characters. The only reason I still listen.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apoplexy posted:

It's about 50/50 with me these days whether I will laugh at a Norton character or just want to punch him. But I know the fucker knows what he's doing when he completely wrecks the flow, so I don't mind it. Opie, on the other hand, I'm not sure he's even trainable at this point. Remembering about the instant feedback reminded me that he's been slamming on the brakes for nothing for decades now. Even Sam has a better loving sense for that, even though he fucks it up by taking annoying lovely callers.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Lady Di's getting evicted.

https://twitter.com/OrbaniDiana/status/598612964745195520

I hope she plugs her panhandling gigs on O&J.

I'm shocked it didn't happen sooner. Bill's name was probably on the lease and Di probably has a steady steam of shady traffic going through that place at all hours.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

CrashCat posted:

It's about 50/50 with me these days whether I will laugh at a Norton character or just want to punch him. But I know the fucker knows what he's doing when he completely wrecks the flow, so I don't mind it. Opie, on the other hand, I'm not sure he's even trainable at this point. Remembering about the instant feedback reminded me that he's been slamming on the brakes for nothing for decades now. Even Sam has a better loving sense for that, even though he fucks it up by taking annoying lovely callers.

Doof McKoggan

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'm so happy that Chris being a terrible Catholic is still a bit after all this time. :angel:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
For anybody who missed Bennington today, it looks like the next staff member to be revealed is Kokomo Joe.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Call Me Charlie posted:

For anybody who missed Bennington today, it looks like the next staff member to be revealed is Kokomo Joe.

Excellent. At this rate we are about two years away from Drafthouse getting hired.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

I just hope we get some closure on Shelbo. It's too bad he's not starting with the show now that it's more lighthearted and silly - he would have done much better without the relentless Fez and Ron beatdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Anthony took a sick day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread