Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Buddington posted:

Are you referring to something that's just going completely over my head? Because the traditional TV season has been from September-May for like...ever.
It is? I was thinking of shows like Hannibal which ended in May last year and starting again this coming next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

It is? I was thinking of shows like Hannibal which ended in May last year and starting again this coming next month.

Hannibal is an extremely unusual case. The majority of Network TV is September-May.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's Medusa except with his sweet beard.

https://youtu.be/g9ZUJNgwlfY
Taste the inhumanity

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Huh okay, that might have colored my time perception. Was just surprised that the show is coming back within the same summer basically.
Great cliffhanger, 3 months of sun and beer to decompress, and then right back to it!

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Gonz posted:

Wouldn't be the first time Tony Stark gave someone an awesome robot arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEx5lmbCKtY

:3::3::3:

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I think the show hasn't done the greatest job of showing that normal terrigen isn't dangerous to humans. They had a whooole bunch of quite clumsy THEY ARE MODIFIED, DANGEROUS CRYSTALS lines but I still think the general public is going to get confused when terrigen fish don't start turning people into stone.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

Yeah... "I won't hesitate" doesn't mean "I'm gonna come around the corner and blast the gently caress out of her without giving her a chance to stand down"

There was also that well handled scene with Cal walking out and going "Wait! Stop!" and you assume he's talking to her mother, but the whole time he's talking to Skye as the screen rumbles; it's obvious Skye was about to utterly atomize her (it was already making all of her mother's scars bleed) before Cal stepped in.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
So... with AoS, Flash and Arrow all ending, where do you guys suggest getting your summer genre TV fix?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Kesper North posted:

So... with AoS, Flash and Arrow all ending, where do you guys suggest getting your summer genre TV fix?

I watch Masterchef Australia lol

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Kesper North posted:

I'm going to get TAHITI'D over and over again so I can rewatch Daredevil a couple dozen times.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Kesper North posted:

HANNIBAL

(also I've been saving Daredevil for a slow-burn weekly summmer watch)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

hope and vaseline posted:

I've been saving Daredevil for a slow-burn weekly summmer watch

you won't be able to make it, man.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kesper North posted:

Powers :v:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kesper North posted:

Watch Daredevil, iZombie, or The 100. All three of which are better than the three shows you just named.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Deadpool posted:

Watch Daredevil, iZombie, or The 100. All three of which are better than the three shows you just named.

Is The 100 really that good? I haven't seen a lot of praise for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
William Shatner live tweets it incessantly, that's about all I know.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Deadpool posted:

I already binged Daredevil, which is why I didn't list it.

I hate zombies as a genre, generally, but iZombie looks fun enough that I'm tempted.

I thought The 100 was supposed to be awful?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kesper North posted:

I thought The 100 was supposed to be awful?

The 100 is fantastic. It's the best show the CW has ever had.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Orphan Black is airing now and it's still pretty great. The main actress was incredible, the first season is must watch for her alone.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I've been very bored with iZombie and I consider Veronica Mars like one of the best shows

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
iZombie looked pretty bad. What makes it appealing? Good sense of wit about the subject matter?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MacheteZombie posted:

iZombie looked pretty bad. What makes it appealing? Good sense of wit about the subject matter?

Good writing, likable characters, fun actors. It's very obvious when you watch it and Flash or Arrow back to back that the writing is just on a completely different level of competence.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Deadpool posted:

Good writing, likable characters, fun actors. It's very obvious when you watch it and Flash or Arrow back to back that the writing is just on a completely different level of competence.

Yeah definitely. iZombie is great.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

This, but unironically

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Error 404 posted:

This, but unironically

In all fairness, I'm hard pressed to think of a show that isn't unironically as good or better than Agents of SHIELD.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Irish Joe posted:

In all fairness, I'm hard pressed to think of a show that isn't unironically as good or better than Agents of SHIELD.

Gotham and Community come to mind just off the top of my head.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Error 404 posted:

This, but unironically

It's a terrible show that I couldn't stop watching.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Irish Joe posted:

Why do you continue to watch a show you don't seem to like at all?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

JT Smiley posted:

Because he's a professional forums troll

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Azhais posted:

It's a terrible show that I couldn't stop watching.

I really liked it in spite of the terrible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JT Smiley posted:

Irish Joe loves Agents of Shield, he just pretends to hate it cause it makes people on the internet mad

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The more Irish Joe shits on a show, the more he likes it. View it as a weird form of flattery.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It The 100 actually good? My 14yo niece kept going on about how awesome it was and how I should watch it, but her other favorite things are Teen Wolf and Twilight, so I assumed that it was terrible.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

counterfeitsaint posted:

It The 100 actually good? My 14yo niece kept going on about how awesome it was and how I should watch it, but her other favorite things are Teen Wolf and Twilight, so I assumed that it was terrible.

It's legit.
The first couple episodes have nearly lethal amounts of teen angst, but that fades steadily in favor of being pretty awesomely brutal.

Season 1 had a hell of an ending and season 2 hit hard and never let up.

Actually it's similar to AoS in that regard.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

counterfeitsaint posted:

I can't even imagine a 14 year old watching that show. The only show more violent on broadcast TV is probably Hannibal.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Deadpool posted:

I can't even imagine a 14 year old watching that show. The only show more violent on broadcast TV is probably Hannibal.

Do you not remember being 14?

Or are 14 year olds nowadays somehow less desensitized than when I was a kid? Hell, I remember seeing Robocop when I was eleven.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Error 404 posted:

It's legit.
The first couple episodes have nearly lethal amounts of teen angst, but that fades steadily in favor of being pretty awesomely brutal.

Season 1 had a hell of an ending and season 2 hit hard and never let up.

Actually it's similar to AoS in that regard.

Yeah, The 100 season 1 is angst ridden in the beginning but then poo poo gets good and the season finale is really cool. Season 2 goes pretty crazy and was overall enjoyable. Jaha is the hero we all deserve.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If it's not based on an interconnected comic book universe then you can SUCK. MY. DICK.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

greatn posted:

If it's not based on an interconnected comic book universe then you can SUCK. MY. DICK.

It's based on some young adult novels, so its close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Deadpool posted:

Hannibal (the show, even Hannibal the person isn't that much of a monster) only killed kids in that one episode that didn't even air in America.

On the other hand :supaburn::f5h::ese::buddy:

• Locked thread