Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CW Upfronts.

2014-2015 Scorecard

Returning Series
The 100
iZombie
Arrow
The Flash
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Jane The Virgin
Reign
Beauty and the Beast

Cancelled Series
The Messengers
Hart of Dixie

2015-16 Schedule (New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY
8 PM – CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND
9 PM – Jane The Virgin

TUESDAY
8 PM – The Flash
9 PM – iZombie

WEDNESDAY
8 PM – Arrow
9 PM – Supernatural

THURSDAY
8 PM – Vampire Diaries
9 PM – The Originals

FRIDAY
8 PM – Reign
9 PM – America’s Next Top Model

New Series

CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND

quote:

Rebecca Bunch (Rachel Bloom) is a successful, driven, and possibly crazy young woman who impulsively gives up everything – her partnership at a prestigious law firm and her upscale apartment in Manhattan – in a desperate attempt to find love and happiness in that exotic hotbed of romance and adventure: suburban West Covina, Calif. (it’s only two hours from the beach! Four in traffic). From CBS Television Studios, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend stars Rachel Bloom (“Robot Chicken”), who also serves as executive producer along with Aline Brosh McKenna (“The Devil Wears Prada”); and Marc Webb (“500 Days of Summer,” “The Amazing Spider-Man” films).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ctFmXGm_yE

CONTAINMENT

quote:

When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Trying to keep the peace on the streets is police officer Lex Carnahan, who has quickly risen through the ranks of the Atlanta PD. But Lex’s job becomes even harder when he learns that his longtime girlfriend, Jana, and his best friend and fellow officer Jake, are trapped within the cordoned area. Also quarantined in viral ground zero is 17 year-old Teresa, who is eight months pregnant and now separated from her boyfriend on the other side; Katie Frank, an elementary school teacher now placed on lockdown with her entire class, including her young son; and CDC researcher Dr. Victor Cannerts, the doctor who initially made the controversial call to quarantine the area and is now racing to find a cure for the virus. On the outside, Dr. Sabine Lommers is leading the government efforts to contain the outbreak, and has asked for Lex’s help in enforcing the cordon – which grows increasingly difficult as the public trust deteriorates. And the public has reason to be wary, as journalist Leo begins unraveling a conspiracy, finding that something doesn’t add up in the official story being told. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but also isolation, fear, and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise. Containment stars David Gyasi (“Interstellar”); Christina Moses (“Starship: Apocalypse,” “Starship: Rising”); Chris Wood (“The Vampire Diaries”); Kristen Gutoskie (“Beaver Falls”); Claudia Black (“The Originals,” “Farscape”); George Young (“Casualty”); Hanna Mangan Lawrence (“Spartacus: War of the Damned”); and Trevor St. John (“One Life to Live”). Based on the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, Containment is produced by My So-Called Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Julie Plec (“The Vampire Diaries,” “The Originals”) and David Nutter (“The Flash,” “Arrow”).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE983cTD4Mg

DC’s LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

quote:

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known? DC’S Legends Of Tomorrow stars Victor Garber (“The Flash,” “Alias”); Brandon Routh (“Arrow,” “Superman Returns”); Arthur Darvill (“Doctor Who”); Caity Lotz (“Arrow”); Ciarra Renee (“Pippin”); Franz Drameh (“Edge of Tomorrow”); with Dominic Purcell (“The Flash,” “Prison Break”); and Wentworth Miller (“The Flash,” “Prison Break”). Based on the characters from DC Comics, DC’S Legends Of Tomorrow is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” upcoming “Pan”), Marc Guggenheim (“Arrow,” “Eli Stone,” “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Eli Stone,” “Warehouse 13”) and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” upcoming “Pan”).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

X-O fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they said when The 100 is supposed to come back? Also, with the events of last night's Arrow finale I'm wondering if they're just going to keep Brandon Routh out of the picture until Legends starts up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

Have they said when The 100 is supposed to come back? Also, with the events of last night's Arrow finale I'm wondering if they're just going to keep Brandon Routh out of the picture until Legends starts up.

It'll be back midseason. January more than likely.

Also, first promo image for the Legends of Tomorrow.

X-O fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 14, 2015

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It will be a shame if we don't get a trailer for Legends of Tomorrow, maybe next week if not today though

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Valeyard posted:

It will be a shame if we don't get a trailer for Legends of Tomorrow, maybe next week if not today though

Probably later today. But I doubt it'll be much of anything since they've not even started filming a single episode. They'll probably just make a teaser with the characters in it.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Captain Boomerang would have been great too, but I guess Suicide Squad made that off-limits.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

muscles like this? posted:

The 100 is back in January and will run without interruption.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deadpool posted:

It'll be back midseason. January more than likely.

Also, first promo image for the Legends of Tomorrow.

Sarah is dead, Ray is presumed dead(but probably not). What if the show is just Rip Hunter talking to ghosts? I see dead heroes :tinfoil:

but not Captain Cold or Heat Wave because they are cool

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As soon as the synopsis made it clear Rip's the lynchpin of the premise, everyone figured he would be snatching people before their deaths. Hell, maybe that's why it's just Stein, he grabs him right before he gets the Firestorm powers?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I heard Supernatural was renewed for multiple seasons, something that hasn't happened since the S3-5 arc, is this true?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

As soon as the synopsis made it clear Rip's the lynchpin of the premise, everyone figured he would be snatching people before their deaths. Hell, maybe that's why it's just Stein, he grabs him right before he gets the Firestorm powers?

That would be weird though, if you are assembling a group of people to fight "an immortal thread" why would you save the old guy BEFORE gets all juiced up.

Also I hope they have a good reason why he doesn't get Arrow/Flash involved.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

computer parts posted:

I heard Supernatural was renewed for multiple seasons, something that hasn't happened since the S3-5 arc, is this true?

Not that I've heard.

quote:

Speaking of Supernatural, Pedowitz insisted that “we have no intent of (upcoming Season 11) being a last season” for the venerable show. “I’m a big believer and a big fan of the show, and as long the ratings hold and as long as the boys (stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) want to do it, we’ll do it.” The duo’s contracts are up at the end of next season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's word going around that there will be no public release for the trailer of Legends until after the Flash finale airs. But I can't find any confirmation on that.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well at least Caity Lotz can live on.

Clearly The 100 returning mid-season just means the writers needed more time to figure out how Clarke is gonna "accidentally" murder the entire population of Somewhere, OtherPlace.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://vimeo.com/127842103

:flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Oh cool, they found someone for Hawkgirl. Didn't know she was gonna be in it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Welp, here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ctFmXGm_yE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE983cTD4Mg

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
We are getting Vandal Savage, the Time Masters and time travel.

What are world we live in.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They are fighting in the generator room that powers Mt Weather in the 100. Crossover confirmed :tinfoil:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Crazy Ex-Girfriend is more ridiculous than Legends of Tomorrow though. It's about a white girl obsessing over an asian dude.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That shrinking effect really needs a lot more work, it was really really bad.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

It was 100 times better than any of the flying shots from Supergirl. It wasn't THAT bad

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yeah as a heads up the Legends of Tomorrow trailer very clearly spoils a cliffhanger from last night's Arrow (though the resolution isn't much of a shocker).

That seriously looks loving impressive for a CW show though. I wonder how Firestorm is gonna work since Robbie Amell is nowhere to be found in that trailer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

Yeah as a heads up the Legends of Tomorrow trailer very clearly spoils a cliffhanger from last night's Arrow (though the resolution isn't much of a shocker).

That seriously looks loving impressive for a CW show though. I wonder how Firestorm is gonna work since Robbie Amell is nowhere to be found in that trailer.

Moreover, I wonder why. I guess The DUFF was a sleeper hit or something :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

I doubt it'll be much of anything since they've not even started filming a single episode. They'll probably just make a teaser with the characters in it.

Wanna make a sandwich out of them words and feed it to you, DP :allears:

Containment also sounds really fun, the CW is the only network I really trust to handle a conspiracy series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rarity posted:

Wanna make a sandwich out of them words and feed it to you, DP :allears:

Not my fault they lied. The people involved said they don't even start production on the show at all until August and they had not filmed anything yet. Obviously they wanted to keep it a surprise.

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
Wait, is CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND or a TV movie? IMDB says it's a TV movie.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

MeaningOfLife posted:

Wait, is CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND or a TV movie? IMDB says it's a TV movie.

That's the only place I've seen it referred to as a "tv movie". Everywhere else I've seen it referred to as a new series, and going by the schedule having it air from 8-9pm, that'd be a pretty short movie.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Well if this video (NSFW) doesn't convince you to give Crazy Ex-Girlfriend a chance then I feel sorry for you.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Deadpool posted:

I figure it's still in the early of FX work and things as the Flash has had decent effects.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i only care about legends of tomorrow because arthur darvill is in literally playing doctor who

and even then i probably won't watch it

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sober posted:

Well if this video (NSFW) doesn't convince you to give Crazy Ex-Girlfriend a chance then I feel sorry for you.

This actually made me want to watch the show less.

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
This is crazy that CW is putting out some of the best TV consistently. The 100 is probably one of the darkest shows outside of premium channels, Arrow has been uneven but is still solid, and the Flash is great fun. Containment is going to be a 100% better version of Helix, based on their quality of late.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Caity Lotz! :neckbeard:

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

xeria posted:

That's the only place I've seen it referred to as a "tv movie". Everywhere else I've seen it referred to as a new series, and going by the schedule having it air from 8-9pm, that'd be a pretty short movie.

IMDB lists failed pilots, which this was at Showtime, as TV movies. They just haven't updated with it being unexpectedly picked up by the CW.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Holy poo poo YES. Team of Justice League rejects (excepting Hawkgirl) AND villains, time travel, Savage. :circlefap:

Totally washed the bad taste of Arrow season 3 out of my mouth, it was worth it so this can happen.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 15, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
My local CW station is no longer available on Dish (or, as my friend tells me, DirecTv). But that's kinda okay since it sucks. Their equipment is at least 20 years out of date and they still haven't gotten the whole HD thing down yet.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

yes yes yes yes yes YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Captain Cold and Rip Hunter and everything, just the best, the absolute best.

lelandjs posted:

Holy poo poo YES. Team of Justice League rejects (excepting Hawkgirl) AND villains, time travel, Savage. :circlefap:

Totally washed the bad taste of Arrow season 3 out of my mouth, it was worth it so this can happen.

Green Arrow, Flash, Canary are legit members. Hell, in some instances those three are the original founders of the JL anyhow (Green Arrow was funding them in the background, admittedly).

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 15, 2015

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Two Tone Shoes posted:

yes yes yes yes yes YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Captain Cold and Rip Hunter and everything, just the best, the absolute best.

Green Arrow, Flash, Canary are legit members. Hell, in some instances those three are the original founders of the JL anyhow (Green Arrow was funding them in the background, admittedly).

I got the impression that Arrow and Flash aren't really part of the team (they probably show up for an episode to do. I'll give you Canary though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I wouldn't be shocked if they rotate people in and out, ala JLU.

• Locked thread