Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Quiet Python posted:

Maybe the Mordor devs could put together a Green Arrow game. They already have the punching and archery animations.

When I saw Mordor gameplay for the first time, that was my biggest hope. You can even add Black Canary as a secondary character. Actually, Green Arrow works REALLY well for this type of game, the more I think about it.

Suicide Squad is probably a shoe in though, in general, what with the film coming out and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
If they made a Green Arrow game you know Stephen Amell would jump all over wanting to VO it for practically peanuts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Press X to say "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Sober posted:

If they made a Green Arrow game you know Stephen Amell would jump all over wanting to VO it for practically peanuts.

He'd need better direction than he had for Injustice, because that sounded phoned in to all hell. It was probably rushed, to be fair, and to my knowledge he isn't exactly a voice actor by trade, so the cards were probably stacked against him there. If they weren't doing a grim dark Arrow, then the JLU VA would probably be a better choice.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Codependent Poster posted:

Holy poo poo I want this now.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Only if you can tap the key and it just cascades the sound file like crazy.

ToastyPotato posted:

He'd need better direction than he had for Injustice, because that sounded phoned in to all hell. It was probably rushed, to be fair, and to my knowledge he isn't exactly a voice actor by trade, so the cards were probably stacked against him there. If they weren't doing a grim dark Arrow, then the JLU VA would probably be a better choice.
Wasn't that DLC? And isn't he also doing VA for Arrow in the animated thing too?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arkham City HD needs this feature.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Sober posted:

Only if you can tap the key and it just cascades the sound file like crazy.

Wasn't that DLC? And isn't he also doing VA for Arrow in the animated thing too?

It was DLC, and kind of unexpected, imo. Which is why I can believe that they half assed it.

What animated thing? I hadn't heard of him doing any other VA work for pretty much anything.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
He's pretty great on the Arrow DLC for Lego Batman 3

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He's pretty great on the Arrow DLC for Lego Batman 3

Ahaha, I had no idea this existed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h_eedzllfs

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I heard you like Collectors Edition and Exclusive DLC so I made another

http://comicsalliance.com/batman-arkham-knight-graphic-novel-bundle/

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's like I have to go to gamestop to get the new content. I loving hate going to gamestop.

Alright, i'm going to gamestop.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

lol at the people itt who are actually going to preorder a game in tyool 2015

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

what's with weirdos on this board and caring if people preorder stuff?

dont preorder, or do, it's your money, who cares

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

DStecks posted:

lol at the people itt who are actually going to preorder a game in tyool 2015

Only reason to do this is when Nuuvem eventually does an AK game/season pass bundle deal for like $25. Then you can sit on it for another year until everything's actually released.

I miss the days before DLC.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

incorporeal posted:

dont preorder, or do, it's your money, who cares

What's with weirdos on this board caring that people have negative opinions on preordering?

If you didn't care you wouldn't bring it up. But people's points about preordering probably bother you because they make sense and you don't want to believe that you are making decisions that would seem to go against common sense. Or you just wanted to start an easy argument in a low effort troll opinion that has been used in every single discussion about preordering ever.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

incorporeal posted:

Sorry but anybody who preorders anything after Colonial Marines and AC:Unity is not very smart, hth

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

DStecks posted:

Sorry but anybody who preorders anything after Colonial Marines and AC:Unity is not very smart, hth

Hey I agree. Don't preorder but at the same time. Eh. Who cares if they waste their money?

Edit - hahah look at that weirdo toasty up there. Why did my opinion of not caring about people wasting their money bother you so much?

Edit 2- and to end this derail before it goes way to long. People who preorder will no matter how many times you tell them it's a bad idea. It's a losing battle and there will be dumb preorder bonuses forever unfortunately.

incorporeal fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 14, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DStecks posted:

brilliant examples, two complete piles of poo poo

sometimes I like to have my poo poo ready to just get at the store after work without possibly seeing that they ran out of copies. if you already read reviews and know what you're getting then there's literally zero issue with preordering a week or so in advance. preordering like months in advance is what's kind of stupid.but even then you can usually cancel amazon stuff way before it comes out.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I've never been burned on a preorder, but I only preorder when I know what I'm getting and would go for it day 1 anyway, so its an easy discount plus whatever dumb bonus content instead of waiting to hear what I already know from reviewers.

Arkham Knight is a pretty perfect example of a game that's easy to preorder. Forth entry following 3 great games, each variations of this amazing combat base, same developer as the first two, lots of information about the game, and pretty open media access.

Some blanket "dont ever preorder!" policy doesn't jive with like Arkham Knight or Phantom Pain where the type and quality of game you're getting are obvious. If you're preordering poo poo like Colonial Marines or AC Unity, then the problem is on your end and you're probably better off not preordering anything.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I heard you like Collectors Edition and Exclusive DLC so I made another

http://comicsalliance.com/batman-arkham-knight-graphic-novel-bundle/

Eugh, Morrison's novel. That as a bundled object ain't a good sign.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

That book rules.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

What the hell are you going on about.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

If you're preordering from somebody like EA or Ubisoft who have a history of loving people over or producing poo poo games, then that's your own fault. But Rocksteady hasn't burned me yet so I don't see why I shouldn't pay for it now and save myself the trouble later.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

net cafe scandal posted:

What the hell are you going on about.

At worst being edgy, at best it's a grown at how a comic book primarily featuring the Joker is being used for a seemingly Non Joker game

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

incorporeal posted:

Hey I agree. Don't preorder but at the same time. Eh. Who cares if they waste their money?

Edit - hahah look at that weirdo toasty up there. Why did my opinion of not caring about people wasting their money bother you so much?

Their wasting of their money has repercussions on the industry at large that come back around and effect people who don't preorder, hth.

Vote with your wallet people.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Apparently you can finally use skins right off the bat :v: now without having to play through once.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

khwarezm posted:

Their wasting of their money has repercussions on the industry at large that come back around and effect people who don't preorder, hth.

Unfortunately the people who care already do but there are tons of people who eat that poo poo up. Nothing with change their mind. Even when they preorder and get a broken game day one.

But keep telling them to stop. I'm sure it will eventually work.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

khwarezm posted:

But aren't they voting with their wallet by preordering?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

redbackground posted:

Apparently you can finally use skins right off the bat :v: now without having to play through once.

The final part of the plan is this only includes the pre-order skins.

Seriously though if all the cutscenes are in-game rather than pre-recorded FMV I'll be impressed if they let you do that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

redbackground posted:

Joker ripping off his own face subplot confirmed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

redbackground posted:

About time. I wonder which skins will be in the game.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Special pre-order bonuses:
- Replace all standard enemy and boss models with The Joker
- Exclusive "The Joker" skin for Batman

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

blackguy32 posted:

But aren't they voting with their wallet by preordering?

For future idiocy maybe.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Serious House is literally the best Batman comic of all time.

That's a ridiculous amount of special editions though.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
When do GotY editions usually come out? I think I'd rather wait for that.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Stop giving them ideas. :ohdear:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

LongDarkNight posted:

When do GotY editions usually come out? I think I'd rather wait for that.

After all the DLC is out or after it's won a bunch of GoTY awards and they want to get the best return usually. So could be like, 10-12 months, give or take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

redbackground posted:

Oh good. I loved that there was a cheat to let you use them in AC, and I hated that there was no way to do it in AO, especially since it was stuff that you paid for.

That said, my computer certainly won't run AK, so I won't have to worry about that for a while.

• Locked thread