Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Wild and Crazy Kids host?
This poll is closed.
Annette Chavez 0 0%
Jessica Gaynes 0 0%
Omar Gooding 18 81.82%
Donnie Jeffcoat 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

BottleKnight posted:

How does getting in a nonconspicuous vt fakeclaim not help scum? I get that you think that it stopped scum information gathering, but claiming that probably kept anon alive too.

BottleKnight posted:

Scum wouldn't claim vt so quickly, for lots of reasons. It hugely mitigates your role on the mafia team. It stopped others from claiming. And it stopped a scumhunting line of thought, a distraction scum would normally welcome. I honestly think claiming vt there is very town.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

You explained it to me, and I agreed with you. So now I am explaining the same things you explained to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Samfucius posted:

Also look at pmom flailing for a vote that would save her on this very page.

yeah why would town want to be alive?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

"Wanting to be alive" is not what I'm being accused of though. It's jumping from vote to vote until I find one that gets traction and keeps me from getting dunked, with the implication that I don't care about the alignment of those I'm voting.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

Are you really this bad?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

Are you really this bad?

no i'm great.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Wanting to be alive" is not what I'm being accused of though. It's jumping from vote to vote until I find one that gets traction and keeps me from getting dunked, with the implication that I don't care about the alignment of those I'm voting.

if you know you're town then anyone besides yourself is a better vote than you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

That is not true at all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

That is not true at all.

Yes it is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

That's not what I'm doing and I don't think I agree.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

No it isn't.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This seems straightforward to me and I don't understand the other perspective.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Asiina posted:

That is not true at all.

I don't get this perspective.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Also, [b[##unvote[/b]

I was expecting more of a reaction from throwing out that vote, I guess I didn't get it

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Mafia edit: ##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

This seems straightforward to me and I don't understand the other perspective.

general mafia argument

who cares

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If I'm vanilla town and the other option is some uncounterclaimed power role, then no, they aren't better votes than me.

Yes you know what you are, but it is also pretty likely they are what they are as well and they are better for the team.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

general mafia argument

who cares

Anyway yeah, I'm not voting PMom for moving his vote around so it doesn't really matter to me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Like straight up, right now, I don't think Keane is a better vote than me. I get a town read on him, he's accidentally soft-claimed some kind of power role, my flip would help inform opinions about people pushing the case on me.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can tell when i post on my phone because it adds punctuation

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

Like straight up, right now, I don't think Keane is a better vote than me. I get a town read on him, he's accidentally soft-claimed some kind of power role, my flip would help inform opinions about people pushing the case on me.

Where has he done this?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
The softclaim, I mean.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

He thought it was possible that LUTR/me was lying about being VT because he thought there might be no VTs in the game. That means he has a role of some kind.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Is anybody else in this game VT?

CCKeane posted:

Not rhetorical.

(then ANarc claims VT)

CCKeane posted:

Okay, never mind.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pinterest Mom posted:

He thought it was possible that LUTR/me was lying about being VT because he thought there might be no VTs in the game. That means he has a role of some kind.

Or he's scum and he was rolefishing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sure.

But I don't think he's scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I forget, did someone claim VT before CCKeane started this line of thought?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

LUTR/me claimed VT, Keane thought there were no VTs in the game and asked if anyone was VT thinking he had caught LUTR/me in a lie, ANarc/wallmonitor claimed VT in response.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Then how is anyone using that to clear Anon? If Lutr was town, and claimed VT, and Anarc was scum, she would have no reason not to believe there was VT in this game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
because anon would have known lutr was town, and probably not lying

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Anon posted more stuff about people being town than about people being scum, and thats scummy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

Then how is anyone using that to clear Anon? If Lutr was town, and claimed VT, and Anarc was scum, she would have no reason not to believe there was VT in this game

We've been through this twice!

-If there are other VTs, scum would like to know who they are to narrow down the power roles and NK targets
-Claiming VT D1 narrows down the options that scum would have later down the line
-Scum would be happy to let Keane go down the fallacious "are there other VTs??????" path of argumentation, they wouldn't want to stop it before it's even begun.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

We've been through this twice!

-If there are other VTs, scum would like to know who they are to narrow down the power roles and NK targets
-Claiming VT D1 narrows down the options that scum would have later down the line
-Scum would be happy to let Keane go down the fallacious "are there other VTs??????" path of argumentation, they wouldn't want to stop it before it's even begun.

I don't even see how most of this is relevant. If Anon was scum claiming VT how does point 1 mean anything? Claiming VT day 1 is a pretty safe claim, and claiming VT when she did could be used fo rtown cred because people are gobbling it up

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Makes sense to me. Claiming VT on D1 is a bad idea as scum. It locks you into never being caught moving. There's also no reason not to let other VT out themselves.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

It's a stronger case than the case for Anon/ wall monitor being scum, which is ???

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like anything Pmom has said on this page, there's some weird circular reasoning wrt keane and I still don't get the vote on Sam. I read the post defending GG and that could easily be a very wrong town post.

I'm sticking with pmom till deadline unless someone can give me a more compelling reason than 'made a post defending a dude who flipped scum' because town do that all the time

I don't buy any part of Merks case on Sam right now and I actually think merk looks scummy as hell but I'm happy with pmom today as well.

Pig, as the least scummy person voting Sam, what's the case on him?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
oh, im not voting. ##vote pmom

i agree with some things that mc said

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh

##vote mc

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Master of Ceremonies do you not actually have a vig? Use your vig if you have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey mc since it your pie, who you want it thrown at?

• Locked thread