Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Streets of San Francisco, CA - August 28th, 2007 5:00 AM

Del Spooner watches and waits for his moment. The thumping of steel on ash leaves a distinctive sound and he can hear it growing fainter. His foes are marching away, maybe to kill some other hidden interloper. It’s just as well, Del thinks to himself, to them one dead human will probably fulfill their mission parameters.

Spooner stands from his hiding spot behind the burned out husk of Old Saint Mary’s. The intel he’d gotten had been solid: there was a note left behind, just like Connor had theorized. It was scribbled hastily and buried in ash, but it was definitely recent. It simply read: “Don’t lose hope. We can still save the world.”

Del scans the note and attaches it to a miniature droid kept in his arm. He pushes the droid on its back and it takes off.

“Don’t worry, girl,” he whispers. “I’ll be right behind you. I hope.” He waits a minute longer and finally hears the plasma fire erupting, shredding some poor soul a few blocks over. This is his chance: he leaps from his hiding spot and takes off. He’d need to get past the city limits if he was going to have a moment to breathe again, and that was a straight dash East. He kicks the pavement as he bolts down before running into an outstretched metal arm that pokes out from behind a building corner. Del hears his jaw shatter and watches the world spin as he flips through the air. When his vision returns, he sees a metal foot stomping the ground next to his face.

“Returning to Colorado, I presume,” the machine purrs, its voice a mechanical drone behind the speakers of its unmoving metal lips. The Terminator is a gross simulacrum of a human skeleton and Del curses it as its mere existence taunts him. “We know where Connor is, Detective Spooner. We know where you all are. SkyNet will complete what it was designed to do: exterminate all of you.”

Del laughs and spits up blood and maybe a tooth, he can’t tell.

“Exterminate us?” he says, feeling the heat of the Terminator’s plasma rifle charging. “You’re gonna have to take a number.”

quote:

Five Points Station, Atlanta, GA - August 28th, 2007 4:30 PM

“The book,” Damian scowls. “Do you have it? If you’ve come before me again without the book then I think I might have to rethink our agreement.” Guy can barely take the piercing stare of the boy’s cold eyes, but he still stands firm. He’s practiced for this.

“Not with me, Mr. Thorn,” he replies. He can feel the quiver in his own voice – he knows Damian notices as he watches the small smile creep upon his face. “I have a lead, though. It’s still in Nightwatch territory. It-it-“ Damian steps forward ever so slightly.

“So you don’t have it,” the boy growls despite the grin on his chubby face. “Mr. Woodhouse, your services are simply no longer needed. Our deal is done.” With a hand outstretched, Guy twitches for a bit as his eyes turn ebony. He gasps his last and then crumples to the floor. Damian takes out a small crystal and within it he sees the visage of two glowering red eyes.

“My Lord,” he whispers, “the mortals left here are proving less than useful. I believe the book is heading out of our lands and towards that of the resistance movements. If they get the book, or even the machines-“ Damian hears the voice in his head, assuring him that all is going according to plan. That the war is coming and they shall win. Damian wraps the crystal in a small shroud and hides it in his coat pocket before leaving Guy Woodhouse’s corpse to rot in the old building.

quote:

John Connor’s Bunker, Denver, CO - August 28th, 2007 6:01 PM

”Caterpillar Files?” John Connor asks, addressing the withered man standing before him. “What do you mean? What is ‘The League?’”

“A long time ago,” the old man grunts, “before Judgement Day, before everything, my mentor, Dr. Jones, wanted to form a group of skilled individuals, people who, when brought together, might be able to achieve extraordinary things. Dr. Jones was killed by a serial killer before he could bring them together, but these files show people he had predicted might be useful in the future. Those still living are on top.”

“Where do I know you from, old man?” Connor sifts his hands through the files. Some familiar faces, some new.

“You came to me,” the old man coughs. “Right before the end, before the bombs dropped. My name is Wan Li and I worked for Dr. Henry ‘Indiana’ Jones. I am not long for this world, John Connor, so maybe it’s up to you to save it.” John merely looks down at the files and balls his fists.

War is coming.

Welcome to the United States of America, ten years after Judgement Day.

Welcome to The League II.

Click here to read The League

This game is part two of a three part mafia story that will hopefully be played out from beginning to end. The theme is a crossover of multiple movies. In the previous game, a shadowy government conspiracy was successful in its bid for global power, but it unleashed something that they couldn’t control.
Now, humanity is at war. The Western United States has been overtaken by the machines while the Eastern United States has fallen to the supernatural. In the middle of it all, the last remaining human resistance movements must band together and form a new League – the only chance to save the world.

Mafia rules are normal, but powers and abilities are not. Nights will be closed. No faking day actions. Players with low posts counts will be warned and replaced if necessary. A warning that flavor text may be relevant to alignment, so keep that in mind when discussing your role with others.

There are no death millers.

The game is designed for 21 players.

Your world needs you. Are you ready to answer the call?

Player List
  1. AnonymousNarcotics
  2. Asiina
  3. BottleKnight
  4. CapitalistPig
  5. CCKeane
  6. dscruffy1
  7. fiery_valkyrie
  8. Ghostly Gangsta
  9. GulagDolls
  10. Hal Incandenza
  11. imgay
  12. King Burgundy
  13. Meinberg
  14. merk
  15. Mornacale
  16. mr.capps
  17. Murmur Twin
  18. Opopanax
  19. Pinterest Mom
  20. Puntification
  21. Somberbrero
  22. Tremendous Taste

Replacements: MMM, Dugong, Orvin,

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Holy shitballs yes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I believed Hal's death miller claim :unsmith:

and I'm signing up for this.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it's nice that post-apocalyptia's borders follow current day usa's political borders

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Holy shitballs yes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
btw, how is alaska and hawaii doing?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

mr.capps posted:

btw, how is alaska and hawaii doing?

No one's heard from either in a decade.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Little Mac posted:

No one's heard from either in a decade.

I predict Agent Decker will come in from Hawaii and save the day in this game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:cthulhu:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm coming out of retirement.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

is this signing up

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

he posted a presign in the general discussion thread yesterday, i think it just might be!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Indeed

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sssh let me speak for you

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I waaaaaant in.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Well I'm technically taking a break from mafia but who can say no to such flavor? Count me in.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I'm coming out of retirement.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Oh yes, sign me up!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sure, I'd like to play.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Let's do this.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I would like to sign up!

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hey take me off the list the next couple weeks at work are gonna suck and I could avoid the distraction (in another mafia game too but it may end soon).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Runaktla posted:

Hey take me off the list the next couple weeks at work are gonna suck and I could avoid the distraction (in another mafia game too but it may end soon).

:negative:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
If there's an open spot I will play!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I want to be in all three so put me in please

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Make hal a death miller again please

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Oh, I just looked at the map, and saw where the FBI/CIA Shadow HQ is. I live in Topeka, and while we do have federal buildings, I can't think of a worse place to exist than downtown.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'll be a replacement if you need it!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Let me in this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Little Mac posted:

There are no death millers.

lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah, so here it is

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll play if you have a spot.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Please make me Taco or Ruxin, thanks mac

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'll join so people stop posting about this in the discussion thr4ead and ruining my lp

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am going to post no more than three times each game day.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

I am going to post no more than three times each game day.

I am going to trick you into posting more.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ill play if i can be omar from the wire

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Oh cool a Mafia game about hit TV show The League, I hope I get to be Raffi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mornacale posted:

Oh cool a Mafia game about hit TV show The League, I hope I get to be Raffi

I couldn't figure out why people were SO INTO a Mafia game about that show for months.

• Locked thread