Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gearhead is basically Shadowrun with giant robots. It also hasn't updated in like 7 years :smith:

e: I guess the author made a Facebook post about maybe almost updating the Python version but I don't want to get my hopes up.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

Gearhead is basically Shadowrun with giant robots. It also hasn't updated in like 7 years :smith:

e: I guess the author made a Facebook post about maybe almost updating the Python version but I don't want to get my hopes up.
I thought Gearhead 1 was put out to pasture so he could work on Gearhead 2?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zereth posted:

I thought Gearhead 1 was put out to pasture so he could work on Gearhead 2?

Gearhead 2 stopped after less than a year, then a couple years later there was a push to port the whole mess to Python that didn't really go anywhere.

Looks like that gave way for a "coffeebreaklike" game in 2013 that dropped off the face of the earth a couple months later then suddenly started getting commits last month.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 13, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Are there any alternative campaigns or different story modes for invisible Inc? It's... pretty barebones, and the ending isn't very satisfying, it honestly feels like a cliffhanger.
I thought the game would go the way of adding to the story if you finished it on higher difficulties, but the endings for beginner and experienced are identical.

Great game otherwise!

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I've done a couple write ups in this thread for Armoured Commander.

I did a somewhat more in-depth write up on the various Shermans you can receive and some of the enemy units you face (the ones capable of killing your tank) here.

Yeah, I saw that, and it actually was the reason I asked, because all the tank and gun names are moon speak to me and scared me off. I mean, you explained stuff well and all, but when I see things like "The Marder II and III have mediocre odds of being killed with HE on side/rear hits due to their exposed gun crews", I immediately assumed that I'd have to spend few months learning about tanks before being able to get to the fun stuff.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
N.B. That Inivs Inc has just been released by an indie company, and so it's probably a smart idea to wait a few months for the kinks to work themselves out.

Or you could be an idiot like me and buy day-1 software that refuses to boot, and go to the official forums to find it's chocka with ppl commenting how the game won't start. In windows even. When I'm on linux. $20bux down the drain that I might get back in half a year or so when they get around to it =[

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I feel like Dungeonmans has the best parts of Dredmore, the goofy humor and simple-ish progression, while avoiding the worst, long animations and grindy crafting.

While I agree with most of that, the Dungeonmans character creation/progression system is a sad, weak shadow of the Dredmor one.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Serephina posted:

N.B. That Inivs Inc has just been released by an indie company, and so it's probably a smart idea to wait a few months for the kinks to work themselves out.

Or you could be an idiot like me and buy day-1 software that refuses to boot, and go to the official forums to find it's chocka with ppl commenting how the game won't start. In windows even. When I'm on linux. $20bux down the drain that I might get back in half a year or so when they get around to it =[

You're saying that like it was strictly exclusive to indie games. Klei have good enough track record that I'd expect them to be pretty on the ball when it comes to fixing their game.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
It wouldn't start for me but then I uninstalled and reinstalled it, rebooted Steam, and tried again and long story short Sharp is really awesome and creepy and I like his character design a lot, but the random map generation can eat poo poo sometimes. Especially when it produces a single narrow choke point where a shitload of guards spawn, blocking off the teleporter. RIP Sharp, Internationale, and Banks, you were an awesome smash-and-grab team.

On the plus side, my next campaign had me rescue Decker in like the second mission, so now I'm rocking a Sharp/Internationale/Decker bruiser squad and it's pretty rad. The borg and the throwback just brute-force all opposition while the hacker uses her cybernetic mind vision to steal all the paydata and hack all the Gibsons. I feel like I'm going to get abruptly clobbered by security drones or something, but so far it's fun as poo poo. Sharp is terrifying when you slap in Titanium Rods and that arm augment that makes his melee armour piercing, because he can walk up to armoured super guards and punch them in the dick so hard they pass out for five turns. By the time they're about to wake up he's probably passing by again and can just saunter over and re-dickpunch them back up to five turns of unconsciousness before they awaken.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

While I agree with most of that, the Dungeonmans character creation/progression system is a sad, weak shadow of the Dredmor one.

I can see where you're coming from, but I felt like a ton of Dredmor's skill levels were boring filler like resistances or flat extra damage. Which was useful in a game that had a dozen different damage types, but I felt it contributed to the bloat. I'd love it if Dungeonmans had more programs (and it looks like they are coming, I think a fist-based Psychomanser was mentioned?), but I like that every level brings either a new active or a passive with noticeable effects.

Still, different strokes, different folks, etc. I fully admit I'm a big softie these days and just want to get out there and beat up monsters without having to plan out a build.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah I'm not a fan either, Dredmore has mountains of skills (what like, 50+ specs and 250+ skills?), but it feels really really grab bag, with a lot of filler.

I'm totally biased though, I prefer the way Dungeonmans does it, every skill is important and powerful from start to finish*

(*with a few exceptions :v:, but it's been getting tuned constantly since release)

Seriously though, the current incarnation of Sword & Board, Wizardmans, King of Battle, and Grimdark Darkmans (yes that's a thing) are all completely rad and fun to play. S&B is zippy and mobile, focusing on counter-attacks and smashing faces up close. Wizardmans has a nuke for every occasion. Grimdark Darkmans is just awesome. You murder poo poo to make them drop death essence, scoop it up, and use it to murder all their buddies even harder in a suitably grim manner. King of Battle... ok KoB is probably a little overtuned, but I'll overlook that because you can do a loving dragoon jump and rain an aerial spear barrage of starlight and how many roguelikes is that true in?

If you haven't played it in awhile or stuff was busted when you last did, opt into the beta and try them out, they're a lot of fun.

Dungeonmans does let you potentially fill out your tree completely, if you really want to farm endlessly, but it's not necessary, so for a 'normal' character, you're going to have ~20 skill points to spend, out of something like 80+ skills? And the last few come pretty late, so the bulk of your build is almost always focused on a few specific classes/combat styles for the majority of your play with that character. 1h/s, dw, 2h, bow, magic, necromancy, s... southern gentlemansness? Kenshiro street fighting monk spec is coming in an upcoming patch too.

Anyway, I'm biased so I'm definitely not a neutral observer, I've been playing dmans a lot lately, and the last time I tried Dredmore I couldn't get anywhere before I got bored with it. I can totally see people who love Tome's mountain of classes or a gigantic sprawling skill tree finding Dungeonmans comparatively too simple.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
I would buy Dungeonmans in a heartbeat if it had a Mac version. :(

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Burning Rain posted:

Yeah, I saw that, and it actually was the reason I asked, because all the tank and gun names are moon speak to me and scared me off. I mean, you explained stuff well and all, but when I see things like "The Marder II and III have mediocre odds of being killed with HE on side/rear hits due to their exposed gun crews", I immediately assumed that I'd have to spend few months learning about tanks before being able to get to the fun stuff.

The Marder is the only real weird case like that amongst the SPGs and Tanks. For every tank/SPG that isn't a Marder High Explosive has extremely low or no odds of scoring a kill.

Just tell yourself that if its a Tank or SPG, use Armor Piercing rounds. Also just remind yourself that most enemies have very strong front armor that you're unlikely to defeat with a 75mm gun, while the 76mm will still struggle on many targets frontally, always try to go for side or rear shots instead. As for learning about various tanks, there are really only 3 different SPGs (StuG, Marder II/III, JgdPz 38t/IV), and 4 different tanks (Panzer IV, Panther, Tiger, King Tiger). And for the most part they're boiled down to extremely simplistic statistics (front/side/rear turret/hull armor values, and what gun they carry), you don't need to know esoteric stuff like the Tiger was one of the few WWII tanks that could turn in place or that the Hetzer was designed to carry a sweet gun, but shortages caused most of them to get a weaker one and stuff like that.

However I did just discover a new feature he added! Apparently shots that hit Tanks/SPGs but fail to score a kill have a chance to stun the target, possibly for multiple turns. This even works for HE rounds, which is nice, because sometimes I'd fire an HE round at a tank/SPG just to clear it and hope Rate of Fire let me throw AP shells downrange after it. This is a nice addition that helps even the odds a bit.

Anyways, even if its about Tank combat, its still a roguelike, one learns by dying. :v: That said, I'll probably play some more ArmCom in the next week or so and maybe work up a better version of that stuff I posted, something actually more "guide" like.

[edit] Actually if I do write up a better version of that enemy guide, would you guys prefer listing the different unit's actual armor values, or just go with something like "Front/Side/Rear Armor: Heavy/Light/Light"?

I'm very much looking forward to further progress with the game, especially if and when he opens up the campaign stuff to further modding. There exists a semi-official "Expansion" to Patton's Best (the tabletop wargame ArmCom is based on) called "Panov's Best" that puts you in the commander seat (Who is also the gunner) of a Russian T-38 Tank on the eastern front. I'd love to give that a crack. Alternatively, screw Shermans, give me one of these:

The American M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer. Small, fast, and lethal. The fastest tank in WW2, achieved via increadibly thin armor (1 inch at most!) and a radial engine meant for aircraft. Also armed with the same powerful 76mm gun as the better Shermans, and unlike Sherman crews, who typically had to scrounge for HVAP rounds (because the Sherman was considered an infantry supporting tank not intended to engage enemy tanks in standup fights), the Hellcat was supplied with a lot more of them since their job WAS killing tanks. :getin:

I can just see it now, big bonuses to movement actions letting it easily flank, lots of HVAP ammo, and blowing away Panthers left and right. :911: Sure its armor is tissue thin, but who cares when those guns will kill you just as dead if you'd been in a slow, plodding Sherman?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 13, 2015

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I can see where you're coming from, but I felt like a ton of Dredmor's skill levels were boring filler like resistances or flat extra damage. Which was useful in a game that had a dozen different damage types, but I felt it contributed to the bloat. I'd love it if Dungeonmans had more programs (and it looks like they are coming, I think a fist-based Psychomanser was mentioned?), but I like that every level brings either a new active or a passive with noticeable effects.

Still, different strokes, different folks, etc. I fully admit I'm a big softie these days and just want to get out there and beat up monsters without having to plan out a build.

Dredmor had some filler, but I remember the vast majority of abilities being interesting -- most of them gave you some sort of stat bonus + some new ability. The weapon trees were probably the least interesting, with most of the skills being "a pile of stats + 10% chance of some poorly documented special move on attack", but they're the exception. And some of the trees had interesting synergies within them, too, like Egyptian Magic having a mix of active abilities and expensive sustains, but the active abilities getting more powerful based on what sustains you have running -- something that there isn't nearly as much scope for when each tree only has three abilities in it and one of them is usually passive.

The fact that you have to pick seven of them at the beginning makes it a lot more interesting to me than Dungeonmans' "everything is available to all characters" design, too. And it enables the use of Random Character, which I got a lot of fun out of -- a mix of "this is a cool character design I never would have thought of" and "this is a really awful idea, let's see if I can make it work".

I agree that Dredmor could have done with some trimming of skills and attacktypes, but Dungeonmans went way too far in that direction for me to really find it satisfying.

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 13, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Has anyone given Hero Generations a try? It looks interesting; you explore a randomly generated world and build things in the world to help you out, but your character will eventually die of old age and be replaced by their child.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.

ToxicFrog posted:

Dredmor had some filler, but I remember the vast majority of abilities being interesting -- most of them gave you some sort of stat bonus + some new ability. The weapon trees were probably the least interesting, with most of the skills being "a pile of stats + 10% chance of some poorly documented special move on attack", but they're the exception. And some of the trees had interesting synergies within them, too, like Egyptian Magic having a mix of active abilities and expensive sustains, but the active abilities getting more powerful based on what sustains you have running -- something that there isn't nearly as much scope for when each tree only has three abilities in it and one of them is usually passive.

The fact that you have to pick seven of them at the beginning makes it a lot more interesting to me than Dungeonmans' "everything is available to all characters" design, too. And it enables the use of Random Character, which I got a lot of fun out of -- a mix of "this is a cool character design I never would have thought of" and "this is a really awful idea, let's see if I can make it work".

I agree that Dredmor could have done with some trimming of skills and attacktypes, but Dungeonmans went way too far in that direction for me to really find it satisfying.

I was going to type up almost this exact thing. Egyptian magic is great. Dungeonmans has been fun the little I've played so far, but the skill system really doesn't grab me the way Dredmor's did. I'm actually planning to start figuring out rot.js and tinkering around with making a roguelike. I'll probably be using Dredmor as an inspiration for the skills, if/when I get that far.

On that note, anyone here have experience with rot.js? I'm choosing it mainly because I'll be using d3.js a bunch at work soon and have never used javascript before, so I figured using it for a project at home too would be nice. I've read a few really good things about it, but haven't been able to find a whole lot.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the wide variety of skills in dredmor was actually a huge plus for it. there really weren't many boring ones and in general they were pretty fitting for the game, so the fact that there were so many skill trees to pick from really did mix things up. i think even the crafting trees managed to give you some cool stuff amidst the bonuses to various crafting levels, and crafting in itself could be pretty strong even if it was mildly tedious.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Crafting is very strong in Dredmor. That's part of the problem since it's so boring to do

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

Crafting is very strong in Dredmor. That's part of the problem since it's so boring to do

I pretty much dropped The Pit because of this, I liked the general feel of the game, but that was a huge turn off

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I love it when Panthers expose their flanks to me. :clint:

This career is living up to the name B.J.Blazkowicz.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I love it when Panthers expose their flanks to me. :clint:

This career is living up to the name B.J.Blazkowicz.

If you guys are getting hot and heavy into turn-based permadeath WWII tank-on-tank action (which is a kind of steamy action I fully endorse), you guys should give SPWW a spin: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/297/downloads/

Here's the free download: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1713246

The paid version includes all 4 megacampaigns which are these huge hand-built branching campaigns that are completely awesome. The free version procedurally generates campaigns for you (and has a bajillion scenarios), which should be fine till you start curbstomping the AI (but that will take you a long time). It also supports multiplayer (but god, who wants to interact with their fellow man? Noone in *this* thread, I'm sure).

The campaigns are basically long permadeath slogs through WWII with an upgradeable set of units, and basically everything from donkeys (literally) to Tiger IIs are fully statted with cute little graphics.

The learning curve is vertical, but that should be old hat for this crowd.

Unormal fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 14, 2015

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Is that not just the older version of winSPWW2 which hasn't been patched since 2005, while the newer version is still being updated?
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html
Or does the newer game not have the roguelike-ish-maybe elements?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cerebulon posted:

Is that not just the older version of winSPWW2 which hasn't been patched since 2005, while the newer version is still being updated?
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html
Or does the newer game not have the roguelike-ish-maybe elements?

:shrug: That might be newer, it's been quite a few years since I played. I played the absolute hell out of it until I could just abuse the AI to hell and back, then put it away. I'd love a new one with better AI.

The random campaigns are a core feature, so any version should have them.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Matrix is the weirdest publisher

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Looks interesting, though that screenshot is a mess and I am having difficulty parsing it. I take it you control a whole armored platoon (or more) rather than a single tank?

Also, Blazkowicz fell afoul of my "always dies before the end of August" curse, though he made it to Aug 31st before burning to death when a StuG III brewed up his second tank. To be fair, I think that career had my highest number of enemy tank kills, over the month I must've killed a good 4-5 Panthers and a handful of Panzer IVs, as well as several SPGs and assorted AT guns/trucks/traks/infantry. If only they'd given me a Sherman armed with a 76L for my second tank. :911:

I think if/when he adds the ability to nickname crew members I will definitely do a Let's Play of the game with crew named after volunteers, the new "replace commander" if killed option even makes that easier since I won't have to keep resetting to the start.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Has anyone given Hero Generations a try? It looks interesting; you explore a randomly generated world and build things in the world to help you out, but your character will eventually die of old age and be replaced by their child.

I've played it for a few hours and it's... alright. It has interesting ideas that don't really fit together, and half of them end up being disposable. Your main goal is to get a certain amount of fame by the time 15 generations pass. You get fame by killing monsters, bringing relics home and building a monument once you have enough cash. As you can see, it doesn't leave you with many choices, especially because bringing relics home is boring and can practically be automated, so I mostly ended up fighting the monsters. The combat system is basically non-existent: both combatants throw an n-sided dice, where n is their strength, and the biggest number gets a hit, taking a few years off the other player's life. You can have up to two items on you, the rest have to be dropped and picked up when needed, which is a bit of a hassle.

The fun bit is coming up with alternate strategies when the genetics have given you a particular kind of character and choosing a course for each generation, deciding if you pursue fame and riches for a while longer or get a mate early to improve the chances of your ancestor. It's quite fun to play through two or three times , but by the end of it you've really seen and experienced all it has to offer.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Unormal posted:

If you guys are getting hot and heavy into turn-based permadeath WWII tank-on-tank action (which is a kind of steamy action I fully endorse), you guys should give SPWW a spin
How different is this from panzer General 2? Which also has perma death/upgrades for your units and a fuckton of user made campaigns+content

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tin Tim posted:

How different is this from panzer General 2? Which also has perma death/upgrades for your units and a fuckton of user made campaigns+content

It's got big procedurally generated campaigns and it's vastly more realistically modeled. So direction/distance/shell type/muzzle velocity/armor angle and thickness in that particular location/etc are all taken into account for tank shells, amongst the bajillion other simulated things, unlike panzer general which is a very "gamey" system. (Which is fine, I love me some panzer general, but this is a much more 'accurate' model)

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Sounds neat, thanks for the info!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, PG is a pretty loose game - combat is on a pretty big scale, lots of things are abstracted, the unit scale varies wildly between maps, and in general it's easy to pick up and get into. Think of it like...Halo. ish (I don't want to get controversial but I'm looking for an analogy here)

The Steel Panthers games are way at the other end of things. They're more like those FPS mods where you can only walk carrying a pack and bullets drop according to excruciatingly modeled physics simulations and there's no visibility and oh by the way how can you climb a hill without getting winded oh wait you got sniped by some guy 800 yards away I hope you like going through basic training. They're the small-scale tactics version of the War in the Pacific games, if you've followed Grey Hunter's LPs. They're lots of fun but, as Unormal noted, have a vertical difficulty curve.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

New Version of Armoured Commander out. [edit] Or maybe not. the 6.3 link is returning a drop box error! Hopefully he'll fix it soon.

Rev_Sudasana posted:

Alpha 6.3 is now online at http://www.armouredcommander.com/downloads.html

Changes include nicknames for crew, some minor bug fixes, and a new crew injury system that should be more clear than the previous one, which was too closely modeled on the (somewhat unclear) Patton's Best system.

In a future version, crew that take serious injuries will be sent to recover and will be available again later in the campaign. For now, as long as they are not very seriously injured or dead, they recover at the end of an encounter. Once I have a better way to display crew wounds, they will persist until the end of the campaign day, giving them modifiers to any other to-wound rolls that day.

Nice to see crew nicknames in, given what I said yesterday. Its almost like he is reading my posts! :tinfoil:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I think if/when he adds the ability to nickname crew members I will definitely do a Let's Play of the game with crew named after volunteers, the new "replace commander" if killed option even makes that easier since I won't have to keep resetting to the start.

Which he is. He sent me a PM on another forum where I've reported some bugs to him occasionally. He asked to use parts of my write ups (edited) for an online manual for the game he is working on. Pretty cool. :tipshat:

Guess I should consider working on a let's play. Not sure what kind of longevity it would have though, I suspect things would get samey real quick for an audience.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 15, 2015

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Guess I should consider working on a let's play. Not sure what kind of longevity it would have though, I suspect things would get samey real quick for an audience.

I would love to see it! In fact, I was thinking of trying to start a "Let's Play Roguelikes" mega-thread, where everyone could post runs of whatever roguelikes (or rogue-lites, or whatever) they wanted, kind of similar to the DCSS thread (before it mostly died). With enough interest, it could definitely go on for a while on contributions, and let people show off games that would normally be too short (DoomRL) or too frustrating (like IVAN) to make a full thread about. Plus, you could drop out whenever it gets too stale to keep trying!

If you (and anyone else) are interested, I could get together an OP and a run of something short to start it off (like Rogue, for example :v:).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I was considering doing it in the "casual LP thread" where people just dump short stuff, but a dedicated Roguelike LP Mega thread might be a cool way to do it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I would definitely get in on a roguelike LP megathread.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Floodkiller posted:

I would love to see it! In fact, I was thinking of trying to start a "Let's Play Roguelikes" mega-thread, where everyone could post runs of whatever roguelikes (or rogue-lites, or whatever) they wanted, kind of similar to the DCSS thread (before it mostly died). With enough interest, it could definitely go on for a while on contributions, and let people show off games that would normally be too short (DoomRL) or too frustrating (like IVAN) to make a full thread about. Plus, you could drop out whenever it gets too stale to keep trying!

If you (and anyone else) are interested, I could get together an OP and a run of something short to start it off (like Rogue, for example :v:).

Agent355 did one before and it was fantastic! Definitely would be interested in seeing another one, especially with some of the newer roguelikes/lites that have been released since then.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I'm planning on doing an Invisible Inc. LP sometime soon (I played a lot of EA so I'm pretty good at it!); having that thread would be a fun place to drop it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Only "Problem" with doing an ArmCom LP in a RL-Megathread is I would have to cut the "goon sign up" part because I really wouldn't want such a thread to get spammed with Dwarf Fortress like "Dwarf me" posts (not that I would expect such a strong response). Honestly not that big a loss, really. Maybe I'll do themed crew names instead.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

hito posted:

I'm planning on doing an Invisible Inc. LP sometime soon (I played a lot of EA so I'm pretty good at it!); having that thread would be a fun place to drop it.

Good

The best thing about roguelike LPs for me is finding out the strategy behind playing a particular game successfully.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

What a bullshit battle. I've never seen it roll so many "enemy reinforcement" events. And it kept spawning tanks and SPGs. :argh: There were two panthers still on the board when one of them finally scored a hit on my tank and knocked it out (amazingly, no one was killed). Enemy artillery was also shellling the poo poo out of friendly infantry, it felt like every event was a new Tank or SPG rolling in or enemy artillery blowing up friendly grunts. War is Hell.

I fired half the AP shells I was carrying (normally 35) in that battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Only "Problem" with doing an ArmCom LP in a RL-Megathread is I would have to cut the "goon sign up" part because I really wouldn't want such a thread to get spammed with Dwarf Fortress like "Dwarf me" posts (not that I would expect such a strong response). Honestly not that big a loss, really. Maybe I'll do themed crew names instead.

Google Form, just throw a link in the first post of your RL lp, and then allow them to submit their names.