Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
After doing some research, I've updated the OP a little. I never knew TTG was this successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
If the Titans are going after soccer and bowling as dull sports, I'd love to see their take on golf.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Wow, I didn't think this show was doing that well. I'm sure the Young Justice fans are thrilled.

This whole situation is kind of fun since usually I'm on the losing side of these cartoon war dramas.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, for all the bitching people online have done, from what I can tell actual kids love the show. I don't think anyone involves cares if some YJ fans will never watch it because if there were alot of them or they cares about that demo, YJ would have never been cancelled.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I'm a fan of Young Justice and I was bitter at first that TTG replaced the entire damned DC block, but I got over it because this show is hilarious.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Beast Boy can live without a brain, it's okay.

And yeah, TTG is loved by kids more than "teens" ever liked YJ. Trying to reach out to the more irrational YJ crowd is pretty funny as they'll loving make up any facts on the fly to try and prove that TTG has no right to be on the air because it isn't serious or proper action cartoon like its previous incarnation.

Awesone
Aug 3, 2011
I love little moments like this in the show.
:allears:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just noticed the next episode (titled "Yearbook Madness") will be the last episode of Season 2. Since we know nothing of Season 3 other than it's coming, it's probably going to take a while till we get new episodes after that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Evidently, TTG! is pulling in a lot of bees.

That's cool. I hope girls don't start watching it or it'll get cancelled like Young Justice

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Sockser posted:

Evidently, TTG! is pulling in a lot of bees.

That's cool. I hope girls don't start watching it or it'll get cancelled like Young Justice

Well, TTG is fueled by the tears of Young Justice fans, correct?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

PassTheRemote posted:

Well, TTG is fueled by the tears of Young Justice fans, correct?

And old Teen Titans fans.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Rudoku posted:

I liked the show, but if I could go back in time and stop myself from watching it, I just might because I spent far too much time reading bad fanfiction

well specifically one, shamefully long and terrifically bad fanfic, but the diff. is academic

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

well specifically one, shamefully long and terrifically bad fanfic, but the diff. is academic

You know what you must do (I want a link)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

TwoPair posted:

You know what you must do (I want a link)

........................ fine

272 chapters 2,635,020 words

There was a sequel, but I think even the author knew how dumb it was and destroyed it from the internet.

warning- gets the really terrible kind of grimdark at points, like Hostel or Saw bad and maintains a general all-around level of bad throughout. I'd like to think that there's some aspect of quality hidden in there to redeem my past self, but mostly I'm thinking that my teen self had bad taste, but tbh my current self does not have much room to talk

I regret many things

edit- but seriously though Brain Fruit was a good episode, mostly for the sounds Beast Boy made. Greg Cipes is a treasure

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Rudoku posted:

I love TTG.

:yikes:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Rudoku posted:

I like it. And so should all old fans since TTG is the main reason there's still hope for another "serious" incarnation of these characters.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

There was a sequel, but I think even the author knew how dumb it was and destroyed it from the internet.

Fantastic. I'll never read it all, but I got to the part on page 1 where the OC unsheathes his hanzo steel and that's all I need for a good chuckle.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mazerunner posted:

warning- gets the really terrible kind of grimdark at points, like Hostel or Saw bad and maintains a general all-around level of bad throughout. I'd like to think that there's some aspect of quality hidden in there to redeem my past self, but mostly I'm thinking that my teen self had bad taste, but tbh my current self does not have much room to talk

I regret many things

edit- but seriously though Brain Fruit was a good episode, mostly for the sounds Beast Boy made. Greg Cipes is a treasure

this is a really good thread

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

frank.club posted:

this is a really good thread

i'm sorry

Mazerunner posted:

I regret many things

take this in atonement:

and also this

and some of this

and in conclusion

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 9, 2015

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

readingatwork posted:

I like it. And so should all old fans since TTG is the main reason there's still hope for another "serious" incarnation of these characters.

Eh, I'm more on the side of wanting a justice league comedy or if they do do another serious show, change it up. For me young justice was too much like JLU except not as good.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I want a Justice League sitcom. This weekend, Batman accidentally leaves a shard of kryptonite somewhere on the Watchtower, how will Superman cope? Also featuring Darkseid as the annoying next-door neighbor.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

JT Jag posted:

I want a Justice League sitcom. This weekend, Batman accidentally leaves a shard of kryptonite somewhere on the Watchtower, how will Superman cope? Also featuring Darkseid as the annoying next-door neighbor.

That reminds me: Have Trigon and Darkseid ever interact with each other?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rudoku posted:

That reminds me: Have Trigon and Darkseid ever interact with each other?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gaunab posted:

Eh, I'm more on the side of wanting a justice league comedy or if they do do another serious show, change it up. For me young justice was too much like JLU except not as good.

Brave and the Bold was kind of like a Justice League comedy. It hit a pretty good balance of being funny but not too goofy. Goofy works for TTG but I don't think the same would necessarily work for a Justice League show, especially since TTG is already doing it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Mazerunner posted:

drat

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh man, tonight's episode. Haunted Tank shout out and that ending.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Beast Boy got into some chocolate and died.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I've been pausing at every yearbook page. So many references. Alfred left an adorable message on Starfire's yearbook thanking her for taking care of Richard :allears: Dr. Manhattan and The Comedian show up.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I've been pausing at every yearbook page. So many references. Alfred left an adorable message on Starfire's yearbook thanking her for taking care of Richard :allears: Dr. Manhattan and The Comedian show up.

That Kyle Rayner doodle was adorable.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man they put alot of detail in those yearbooks. I mean at the end they even gave two whole pages to Raven's.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"SWEAR TO ME you'll have a good summer" - Batman

God this show is great

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

"SWEAR TO ME you'll have a good summer" - Batman

^^^ "This Guy seems realllly cool" -Bruce

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Beast Boy got into some chocolate and died.

Can we please make this the new thread title?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

readingatwork posted:

Can we please make this the new thread title?

That'd actually be a really good idea. The current one doesn't really convey the humor of the show.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
No one gonna try and post pics of those pages?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

No one gonna try and post pics of those pages?

Here, incredibly large pics for you!

And here's Raven's yearbook

(The Rorschach signature gets clipped by the CN logo so here it is in the earlier shot where Robin tricks Raven into magic-ing him into the book)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hahah just noticed that Aquaman and Aqualad leave wet spots where they signed.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TwoPair posted:

Here, incredibly large pics for you!

And here's Raven's yearbook

(The Rorschach signature gets clipped by the CN logo so here it is in the earlier shot where Robin tricks Raven into magic-ing him into the book)

Lmao'ing at jokers

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007
Red Hood signing "I don't remember you" is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

People who like this show should also strongly consider liking Star vs. the Forces of Evil, which is also a show about bright colours and wacky faces.

• Locked thread