Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I swear Biggs/Wedge is bugged

1st time Biggs took forever to die only after getting healed once, 2nd he died almost immediately after Wedge showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

His third relic SB in Japan is a powerful AOE that also weakens the defenses of anything that survives it. Basically an AOE Status Reels.

In other words, they really really want you to use Tyro.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Shoenin posted:

But does she get to wear Heavy Armor? That's what kind of screwed her the most.

She can use Helms, which is enough.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

poo poo. I should've realized there'd be Wind-element requirements in the new dungeons and ground some Lesser Power Orbs yesterday instead of the 3* orbs. Welp, time to bum around Figaro!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Archaeosaurs in the SeeD Field Exam can drop Ninja Gears if you want even more VI synergy.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Archaeosaurs in the SeeD Field Exam can drop Ninja Gears if you want even more VI synergy.

drat. They really want you to have VI synergy armor, huh?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Did my first ever 11 roll, got the Sentinel Grimoire :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The shield tome is really nice but someone would have to check to see how long it lasts because I'm not entirely sure.

Eddain posted:

New Relic roll, 2 for Tyro (one gives all protect, the other all heal), Cyan (4 random attacks), and Josef (lol kills himself to boost attack for everyone else).

I have Josef's glove in Japan and every now and then I'd have him fire his limit break only to realize I kept forgetting to switch it off of the relic's suicide boost. :smith:

ApplesandOranges posted:

His third relic SB in Japan is a powerful AOE that also weakens the defenses of anything that survives it. Basically an AOE Status Reels.

In other words, they really really want you to use Tyro.

IIRC, 3 and 4 star breaks stack with each other and they stack with Tyro's tornado relic attack on top of that (I don't think Tyro's tornado and Wakka's reels stack with each other tho).

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Yeah it's ridiculously good, one of the top relics in the whole game even in Japan. Nothing released so far comes even close to being as good.

As for the others, they're not great but a 5* katana to slap on Sephiroth is better than a kick in the junk and it even has desirable synergy. The Josef fist isn't so hot but hey, Sabin weapon eventually.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd assume Shield Tome lasts about the same length as Cecil's Rampart, but that's just an assumption.

Waiting on stamina to recharge, but some bonus conditions from what I've cleared so far:

FFVIII:
Fire Cavern: Obviously enough, Ice.
Seed Exam: Just avoid getting KO'd. Biggs will counter at an annoyingly high frequency; I think he might counter everything until Wedge shows up. Fortunately once he does neither of them have much health remaining. Elvoret isn't very tough either, but I never saw him bust out Storm Breath.

FFXIII:
Hanging Edge: Lightning and Water for bonus conditions. Boss can hit surprisingly hard with Pulse Cannon (hit a high 20s-30s party for around 1k each), but you can hammer it down pretty quickly with its weaknesses.
Lake Bresha 1: Wind for bonus condition. Get Aero Strike or Wind Slash if you want to exploit it, but you don't need to for Mastery if you 9/9 everything beforehand.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The boss of Vile Peaks 1 drops Power Orbs, and you fight him twice, so there's a repeatable farm spot for Greater Power Orbs (the elite version, obviously).

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Seed Exam: Just avoid getting KO'd. Biggs will counter at an annoyingly high frequency; I think he might counter everything until Wedge shows up. Fortunately once he does neither of them have much health remaining. Elvoret isn't very tough either, but I never saw him bust out Storm Breath.

I wonder if Shoenin is right about Biggs being bugged or something. When I fought him, I pounded on him for some time before Wedge came up, then I kept pounding on him thinking he'd die quickly- he did not. I finally decided to attack Wedge instead, who died quickly. Biggs died from like the next attack after that. Comparatively, I think Elvorett had like 1/4th of the health of Biggs alone. Also, don't bother farming them for item drops- they dropped a freakin' 1* Boomerang (VI).

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

Lake Bresha 1: Wind for bonus condition. Get Aero Strike or Wind Slash if you want to exploit it, but you don't need to for Mastery if you 9/9 everything beforehand.

It's convenient to have one or the other, even if you don't need the damage. There's a bunch of dungeons in this update that have wind as a mastery condition, it's good to have the buffer.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'd assume Shield Tome lasts about the same length as Cecil's Rampart, but that's just an assumption.

Waiting on stamina to recharge, but some bonus conditions from what I've cleared so far:

FFVIII:
Fire Cavern: Obviously enough, Ice.

FFXIII:
Hanging Edge: Lightning and Water for bonus conditions. Boss can hit surprisingly hard with Pulse Cannon (hit a high 20s-30s party for around 1k each), but you can hammer it down pretty quickly with its weaknesses.

Here you go

Zurai posted:

The boss of Vile Peaks 1
For anyone wondering for this boss condition: I got mastery without blinding either boss and getting 9/9 on everything else.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

I wonder if Shoenin is right about Biggs being bugged or something. When I fought him, I pounded on him for some time before Wedge came up, then I kept pounding on him thinking he'd die quickly- he did not. I finally decided to attack Wedge instead, who died quickly. Biggs died from like the next attack after that. Comparatively, I think Elvorett had like 1/4th of the health of Biggs alone. Also, don't bother farming them for item drops- they dropped a freakin' 1* Boomerang (VI).

When Wedge shows up, he heals Biggs to full.

Wait or defend until Wedge shows (he shows up either based on time, or when Biggs is KO'd, whichever comes first), then kill Wedge, then kill Biggs.

Biggs Lariat Counters through the whole fight. For me, it was a 100% counter vs. Physical attacks, including Spellblades, and not 100% vs spells. Though he did still sometimes counter spells.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

iPodschun posted:

Here you go

For anyone wondering for this boss condition: I got mastery without blinding either boss and getting 9/9 on everything else.

Thanks for reposting the link. I'm not sure which is more interesting, the fact that there is so much wind required for goals or the fact that only one level out of all these new ones doesn't have a boss.

I'm kind of surprised at how difficult even the regular levels are. I mean, it's still a breeze with high level dudes but I can't just load up a bunch of mid level core classes with the new guys to get them some experience.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Definitely no mass stamina recharge shard gathering this time.

I will be able to do a 11 pull soon but I am really on the fence with the selection of gear. Probably still worth it, even with two of them being Tyro only and the other two weapons better used on other characters than intended.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Were there supposed to be new Abilities with update? I'm not seeing anything new in the list.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Events in Japan now show the difficulty rating for their levels. The first level of Hope's event is Difficulty of 2.

The last level on Elite (EX3) is a Difficulty of 120. The last non-EX elite level is a difficulty of 99. The last normal level is a difficulty of 35 to give a comparison.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Rynyin posted:

Were there supposed to be new Abilities with update? I'm not seeing anything new in the list.
Were Biora, Maduin, and Odin available before? Don't know if they're new or if I just missed them before.

Jibo posted:

Thanks for reposting the link.
Better looking and with other details! http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/35tf0r/3rd_dungeon_update_conditions_stamina_characters/

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

iPodschun posted:

Were Biora, Maduin, and Odin available before? Don't know if they're new or if I just missed them before.

Those and some other abilities were added a week or two ago. I wonder if they were supposed to be released with today's update instead of back then.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well Ifrit says the thing if you Shiva him. I like to check those things when I remember them because I am a big nerd for this series.

Also I wish Rinoa was better because Angelo Cannon is always hilarious.

And goodness, why do some of the stage selection screens look so terrible? Squall looks like some kind of pixel monster. Reminds me of the Sea of Elements one, that one sucks too.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
I can sum up the current dungeons in a single sentence.

9999 x3.

RIP giant spider robot mech from FF8, you never even stood a chance.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

11-pull, all 3-stars, one 4-star. I guess I'm done with this game lol

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sometimes, this game is just cruel to you.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

11-pull, all 3-stars, one 4-star. I guess I'm done with this game lol

Sounds like a good point to stop imho

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!
A while ago someone posted a website where you can catalogue your gear and it'll sort it by realm and tell you what's trash. I figured it'd be in the OP, but it's not. Anyone have it?

VVVV That's it, thanks.

VietTam fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 15, 2015

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
So it seems like bosses on this new set of levels don't drop 2* gear, but random trash mobs in the levels do... And it seems like the item drop rates have been tanked accordingly. Hmm, makes it a bit trickier to save-scum for item farming. On the other hand, once the community figures out which levels drop what, I guess you can just run those levels repeatedly without having to get through the whole dungeon or Airplane mode for items.

VietTam posted:

A while ago someone posted a website where you can catalogue your gear and it'll sort it by realm and tell you what's trash. I figured it'd be in the OP, but it's not. Anyone have it?

I think you're looking for this: https://ffrk-dammitdame.herokuapp.com/

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I barely played FF2 and didn't even touch FF3. The powergamer in me says I should be using the characters for synergy but the fanboy in me keeps Cloud/Sephiroth/Tifa at all times.

Plus I have jack poo poo in terms of equipment for those realms.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Is this sorceress event on Elite even possible to master? My dudes are almost all level 50 and most of them have at least one 5* piece of armor, what isn't 5* is 4* and everything is maxed out. They all have 5* weapons maxed out. But I'm still doing chump damage and getting oneshot easily.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Is this sorceress event on Elite even possible to master? My dudes are almost all level 50 and most of them have at least one 5* piece of armor, what isn't 5* is 4* and everything is maxed out. They all have 5* weapons maxed out. But I'm still doing chump damage and getting oneshot easily.

It's possible but requires a bunch of honed 3*/4* skills. Having FFVIII synergy equipment would be nice too but those are really limited at the moment. Rinoa's also the only synergy character you can use right now.

You'll also probably have to spend some mithril in rooms 6-10 in case you need your skills refilled.

Honestly I would just go as far as possible without having to spend mithril, and then focus on gathering orbs so you can hone your skills to be ready for the next elite event.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
For all the skills I can use, I need the highest level orbs though. So far I've only seen them drop FROM events like this. Like, it wasn't even bosses that were killing me, it was the trash. I don't get how having a few good abilities would be useful if I'd run out before the first mission was even done, clearing trash.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Wow, I'm not even close to beating the Biggs and Wedge battle on Classic. This might be the biggest roadblock I've seen so far. Doesn't help that my party is fully poisoned because of those Anacandours that feel the need to attack multiple times before I can even get a turn.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Armitage posted:

Wow, I'm not even close to beating the Biggs and Wedge battle on Classic. This might be the biggest roadblock I've seen so far. Doesn't help that my party is fully poisoned because of those Anacandours that feel the need to attack multiple times before I can even get a turn.

Just defend until Biggs show up. If you have Kirin, that really helps to alleviate the chip damage Biggs throws out.

I didn't have a trouble with the Anacondaurs, but they are weak to Ice, if you need to take them down quickly.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Step 1: Cast Shell on the enemy
Step 2: Cast Mental Breakdown on the enemy
Step 3: Cast Shell again on the enemy

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So, pull for Tyro's Tome, or wait until it gets paired with some other non-poo poo Relics?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
"Land Status Effect" objectives are so loving obnoxious

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MotU posted:

"Land Status Effect" objectives are so loving obnoxious

I think the only time they've ever been anything resembling essential for stage mastery is with the Magus sisters, though.

Or if you're just playing awful in which case the status effects wouldn't help too much.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

KataraniSword posted:

I think the only time they've ever been anything resembling essential for stage mastery is with the Magus sisters, though.

Or if you're just playing awful in which case the status effects wouldn't help too much.

You can get every other star on the level with two robot bosses, if you don't blind them you won't get the mastery. I found out the hard way, and will have to go back to quit/reload until dark buster hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You can get every other star on the level with two robot bosses, if you don't blind them you won't get the mastery. I found out the hard way, and will have to go back to quit/reload until dark buster hits.

I got every other medal and got stage Mastery still without blinding either

Still annoying tho

• Locked thread