Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Crowsbeak posted:

Yes its called move along home.

that is a bad episode and people that defend it are without honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
God damnit. The hop scotch scene. gently caress that episode.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

Yes its called move along home.

if thats the one where playing hopscotch is the key to the mystery then you are WRONG.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Shadow posted:

God damnit. The hop scotch scene. gently caress that episode.

yesssssss

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I love all Star Trek episodes equally and unironically. ALLAMARAINE.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

doctorfrog posted:

I love all Star Trek episodes equally and unironically. ALLAMARAINE.

saem

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
yeah code of honor is definitely as good as yesterdays enterprise

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

No, no sir. But you see I love it EQUALLY. Not "oh this episode is good, this is not." Oh let's rank all the episodes because we're jerkoffs on the internet.

Star Trek is eternal and wonderful as a whole. Dig it or don't.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

doctorfrog posted:

No, no sir. But you see I love it EQUALLY. Not "oh this episode is good, this is not." Oh let's rank all the episodes because we're jerkoffs on the internet.

Star Trek is eternal and wonderful as a whole. Dig it or don't.

hahah human being

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Remember when Wesley asked why anyone would ever do drugs? An in episode psa.

gently caress you, Nancy Reagan.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i never minded wesley because i watched the show as a kid and he seemed like a cool dude bc he lived on a space ship

also he was friends w data and geordi and i thought they were cool

in retrospect he was just friends with the nerds that nobody liked

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fetus Tree posted:

in retrospect he was just friends with the nerds that nobody liked

Yep.

"Shut up, Wesley" should have remained a catchphrase.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Yep.

It did, in our hearts.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i always thought guinan was insanely more annoying than wesley. the way she had the captains ear, and that stupid pose she did when she saw Q. major douche chills even when i was like 7.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
It was funny how they kept alluding to some insanely involved backstory for why she and the captain were so close.

Turns out it was hardly more than "remember the time we met in the 1800s?"

I mean come on. He stayed behind or some poo poo. Then left and Mark Twain got her medical attention.

What a hero.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
What did she used to say about it? The captain and I have a history that goes beyond friendship.

Uh. Ok there.

Maybe they forgot about the significance they assigned their history during that episode where they could have showed it.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
My favorite part of DS9 is when worf shows up and starts kicking rear end. Also, the back and forth between quark and pretty much everybody.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Giblet Plus! posted:

My favorite part of DS9 is when worf shows up and starts kicking rear end. Also, the back and forth between quark and pretty much everybody.

heres a two-fer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSK55kLSlQU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Shadow posted:

tasha yar - "drugs are great"

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
DS9's second season is worse overall than the first, and I'd put Melora below Move Along Home.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't have strong feelings about Guinan, but most of the episodes with a major Guinan scene are really good. Just by coincidence I think, not necessarily thanks to Whoopi Goldberg. Even Rascals is the dumbest episode idea in the world that somehow turns out to be great.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

unlimited shrimp posted:

DS9's second season is worse overall than the first, and I'd put Melora below Move Along Home.

i think i recall reading that she ends up a main character in some trek EU book series lmfao

thats so bad

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Doesn't every minor character end up become a hero in the books? I've never read one but I imagine that's the case.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Shadow posted:

are drugs legal in the federation? i bet they are but the writers would say "humanity has evolved past the need for harmful, mind-altering substances" or some utterly homosexual poo poo like that

who here would honestly want to live in the federation? If I woke up there tomorrow I would gather all my valuables and make a beeline for ferengi territory.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

opus111 posted:

i always thought guinan was insanely more annoying than wesley. the way she had the captains ear, and that stupid pose she did when she saw Q. major douche chills even when i was like 7.

Shadow posted:

It was funny how they kept alluding to some insanely involved backstory for why she and the captain were so close.

Turns out it was hardly more than "remember the time we met in the 1800s?"

I mean come on. He stayed behind or some poo poo. Then left and Mark Twain got her medical attention.

What a hero.

Or how about "Why didn't you tell me about the Borg you gently caress Jean Luc? It wiped out my family and civilization and you didn't say a loving word of warning to save some of us. gently caress you Picard."

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49902001.html apartment with the interior inspired by Voyager

It's being sold by the spouse of the guy who made it, because the guy is currently in prison for ... can you guess? :aatrek:

source in Dutch

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Stick Insect posted:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49902001.html apartment with the interior inspired by Voyager

It's being sold by the spouse of the guy who made it, because the guy is currently in prison for ... can you guess? :aatrek:

source in Dutch

im the school checker next to the pedo-pad

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

are drugs legal in the federation? i bet they are but the writers would say "humanity has evolved past the need for harmful, mind-altering substances" or some utterly homosexual poo poo like that

don't need drugs in the future bro

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

who here would honestly want to live in the federation? If I woke up there tomorrow I would gather all my valuables and make a beeline for ferengi territory.

picard and scotty get drunk on the holodeck version of the old enterprise bridge

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

picard and scotty get drunk on the holodeck version of the old enterprise bridge

i require weed for maximum holopleasure

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

Or how about "Why didn't you tell me about the Borg you gently caress Jean Luc? It wiped out my family and civilization and you didn't say a loving word of warning to save some of us. gently caress you Picard."

prime directive :shepface:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nigmaetcetera posted:

In the Culture novels citizens of the Culture have glands in their heads that let them get high whenever they want.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

muscles like this? posted:

In the Culture novels citizens of the Culture have glands in their heads that let them get high whenever they want.

nerd

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nigmaetcetera posted:

are drugs legal in the federation?

I am sure anything goes in the Federation.
The transporter and sickbay can remove all traces of drugs from your system instantly, so its not a bad thing anymore unless you are a fucktard.

"Holy poo poo, this acid is going bad man, I'm seeing naked Quark spiders everywhere trying to impregnate me with Odo babies."
"Quick, get into onto the pad"
*one transport later*
"Thanks, whoa, lets halve the dosage next time. Pass me that Crystalline Entity Meth."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fetus Tree posted:

Scotty got drunk in a lot of places
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGuvyM8C88

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

happyhippy posted:

I assumed that the Borg had already assimilated the Guinan-kin by the 1800s and that's why she was roaming around on the other side of the galaxy.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I think her traveling spirit is what saved her but I have no idea.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

happyhippy posted:

I am sure anything goes in the Federation.
The transporter and sickbay can remove all traces of drugs from your system instantly, so its not a bad thing anymore unless you are a fucktard.

"Holy poo poo, this acid is going bad man, I'm seeing naked Quark spiders everywhere trying to impregnate me with Odo babies."
"Quick, get into onto the pad"
*one transport later*
"Thanks, whoa, lets halve the dosage next time. Pass me that Crystalline Entity Meth."

there's zero way I could ever be convinced to get on a transporter pad. they're loving suicide machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Nigmaetcetera posted:

there's zero way I could ever be convinced to get on a transporter pad. they're loving suicide machines

oh grandpa :allears:

• Locked thread