Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

duyarvish posted:

What happens to the fansites if TNA actually does go under? Do they migrate to a new company?

They'll all quit watching wrestling, like all the people who just stopped being wrestling fans once WCW died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

duyarvish posted:

What happens to the fansites if TNA actually does go under? Do they migrate to a new company?

When it almost happened last year some flatout said they'd stop watching wrestling and find a new thing to like, but that's as believable as the people protesting Konami by swearing they won't buy MGSV this year

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

duyarvish posted:

it's funny because now that jeff jarrett seems to have an actual promotion starting up basically the only thing that remains with TNA from its defensible periods is the name and logo so basically this is a good lesson in how branding poisons the minds of the disadvantaged

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
yeah they'll migrate to GFW and pretend they were't making GBS threads on it all this time

and then when Jeff turns everyone off the fed, all that'll be left is the fanboy websites and the haters with their conspiracies etc.

circle of life

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
They'll always have TEW.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Great White Hope posted:

The first thing they did after being hired by ECW was show it off to Paul Heyman!

To be fair, how likely is it that a lowly wrestling promoter would be part of the Zionist media conspiracy?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think they've had them tattooed over since

Fairweather fascists

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Great White Hope posted:

The first thing they did after being hired by ECW was show it off to Paul Heyman!

Now, now, let's be fair, that's not true. They showed it off to Raven first (real name Scott Levy)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm sure if TNA goes under, someone will do tna reunion shows that all the TNA fans will watch.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

duyarvish posted:

crapwagon.com, the auto racing equivalent of TNA Mecca, apparently still exists 7 years after the IRL/Champ Car merger. So they'll probably stay and continue whining about Robin Miller Big Dave.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mariooncrack posted:

I'm sure if TNA goes under, someone will do tna reunion shows that all the TNA fans will watch.

And that someone's name is Tommy Dreamer.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

mariooncrack posted:

Yep. And it'll be Dixie, and she won't call it a reunion show, she'll call it a comeback tour.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RZApublican posted:

And that someone's name is Tommy Dreamer.

Hey, he ran the ECW office long enough to learn how to avoid debt collectors, a very important skill for promoters.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yep. And it'll be Dixie, and she won't call it a reunion show, she'll call it a comeback tour.

To be held for free in the parking lot of Universal Studios.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Nah, she'll just call it Impact and try to keep a positive spin on it.

"A change in the paradigm of how you watch wrestling. Instead of weekly shows, we'll do Impact whenever we want, free from TV schedules! We'll do them wherever we want, free from venue restrictions! We might not even have an audience and just post the results online! Maybe we won't even have matches!"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I demand that this insidious bullying of TNA end immediately, Dave Meltzer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm skimming the 2K forum looking for new 2K15 mods, and this made me laugh:

quote:

As a long time wrestling fan I really miss all the old guys from back in the day.
WWE nowadays is more of a family show, something that stopped me from watching it.

This pretty much sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY2BJLiclio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Qd0izfZl8

I would delete all the god drat PG Era "superstars" and put back guys like:

Kurt Angle
Eddie Guerrero
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Goldberg
Carlito
Paul London
Hardcore Holly
Shelton Benjamin
Bobby Lashley
Chris Masters
Mick Foley
Mankind
Cactus Jack
Dude Love
Umaga
Bret Hart

Yeah gently caress the PG era, bring back edge guys like Carlito

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I agree, bring back benoit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WeaponX posted:

I agree, bring back benoit.

And Umaga!

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Is the music in that second video a knockoff of the Hardy Boyz theme?

You joke, but I'd buy the show with Ghost Umaga vs Roman Reigns in a heartbeat.

Flight Bisque fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 15, 2015

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Bobby Lashley, Attitude Era Monster

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Bobby Lashley, Attitude Era Monster

We just need more edgy ice-burns like 'bathturd'.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
When I think Attitude Era, I think Paul London and Shelton Benjamin, I tell you what.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
gently caress YES, CHRIS MASTERS

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

bret hart outta nowhere

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WE JUST NEED to get people to watch a mere 7 minutes of Impact each week. Then you'll see. YOU'LL ALLLLLLL SEEEEE

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

everything is fine every news that ever comes out about tna is fine

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
TNA is successful and great and flawless LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

dsriggs posted:

gently caress YES, CHRIS MASTERS

This but 100% serious. He's really loving good now. Go watch him from Superstars in 2010-2011 if you want to call bullshit.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
In general moving from Friday to Wednesday is a good thing

the network talking about 'building around you' and then canceling all of your extra programming immediately and moving you around on the schedule is probably not a good sign though

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

quote:

WWF1987 • an hour ago
TNA moves from Wednesday to Friday and everyone on the internet laughs at them for getting moved to the worst night of TV out of the week.

TNA moves back to Wednesdays from Fridays which shows some confidence from Destination America to give them 2 hours in primetime on a weeknight and everyone on the internet laughs at them.

So, what can TNA do right in terms of a timeslot to make the internet happy? Answer: Nothing.

Also, what % of TNA bashers watch the product on a weekly basis or have watched a full episode in the last year? Answer: Probably under 10%.

My question to those laughing at TNA constantly, why are you so negative towards the product? What started your hatred towards them that you'll laugh at the company, call its employees names, and insult its viewers? Aren't we all supposed to be wrestling fans? TNA has been putting out a drat fine weekly show for over a year now. It's time they get credit where it is due.

We are all wrestling fans. Why can't we hope that all companies, whether it be WWE, NXT, TNA, Lucha Underground, GFW, ROH, NJPW, NOAH, AJPW, Evolve, PWG, etc, succeed and cheer them on?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How many households does El Rey have compared to DA? I'd love to see the TNAMecca meltdown if Lucha Underground does better ratings than Impact on Wednesday nights.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Benne posted:

How many households does El Rey have compared to DA? I'd love to see the TNAMecca meltdown if Lucha Underground does better ratings than Impact on Wednesday nights.

They'll never do better ratings because of Dixie's super secret unpublished ratings.

How long before Dixie figures gently caress it and just looks into getting her hands on a couple thousand Nielsen boxes like in that family guy episode?

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Dude cannot fathom why someone might consider TNA a bad product, run by bad people. Jesse Sorenson, Jeffy Hardy coming out drunk, payroll issues or a thousand other things come to mind.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.tnamecca.com/2015/05/the-new-n-word.html

quote:

as a TNA fan I can certainly empathise with minority groups feeling unfairly represented by the media.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
:lol:

Please make that the new thread title

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

Moot point considering TNA fans want all those feds to go under

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
From a product standpoint, TNA might actually be good right now. I don't watch it that regularly but I did watch the whole episode that featured the Spud vs. ECIII hair match and it was an objectively good wrestling show.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

flashy_mcflash posted:

WE JUST NEED to get people to watch a mere 7 minutes of Impact each week. Then you'll see. YOU'LL ALLLLLLL SEEEEE

So all that matters is that the show's ratings improve? And it matters so much that making a profit, putting on a quality product, paying your employees, and providing for the health and safety of your performers should take a backseat so they can focus exclusively on retaining viewers for the first seven minutes?

Is... is this guy secretly Eric Bischoff? He must be Eric Bischoff.

(Seriously though, how can an audience member care more about the Nielsen ratings of their favorite TV show to the level that they think it should only be good long enough to register on the box and beyond that quality doesn't matter? It's mind-bending.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Edit: gently caress