Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I want the trophy for spending $8mil on vehicles introduced in the heist update and I'm only at like $1.2mil right now (armored Kuruma and garageable Insurgent). I was thinking of buying a Hydra with the $3mil I have but if I get one of the helicopters I can run missions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If you really want that trophy and don't care about the cost, you can just keep buying and selling armored kurumas. I read a guide that said you can do that.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Hahaha. That owns. Maybe for the last few million

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Wee Bairns posted:

Guys, we need to play some "Rocket's vs Insurgents" tonight on PS4, I just bought a Hydra and funds are now dangerously low.

I'll be on later tonight est, so I will be ready to Rocket Is vs Insurgent!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Jonesy your character is one of my faves :3:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I'll likely be ready to rock some Insargents around 9 ET or so.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

A Lamer posted:

I think this is what I've been missing, which popping a wheelie later like proteus suggested has kind of helped with. I assumed I just needed my wheel in the air, so I've been doing the wheelie as soon as I've identified the target and reached a patch of level ground basically, which has often resulted in me climbing too high I guess and hooking the bottom of my ruffian.

Recorded a short practice run and already the results are better. Edited out dead space and me eating it a couple times due to unrelated things like leaning into street lights. ( :downs: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEwMyNsKfI

Despite the landing, the colossal leap at 18 seconds in was very impressive. Well done on hitting the jump!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
turning off voice chat is def. a solid plan
I mean who the hell ever wanted to hear russians saying "get rekt" or making stupid noises while they're trying to play video games

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I wish voice chat worked in an actual radius instead of just citywide. That way when you roll around town blaring music its actually kind of funny instead of incredibly annoying. APB did it :colbert:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Abilifier, Fishmech and I are planning to do the finale for the pacific standard heist tomorrow at 8pm EST/Midnight GMT/5pm PST and we need one more cool guy to help us. We're going to be attempting the getaway in an Armored Kuruma for maximum heist bucks so we might fail it once or twice.

If you're going to be about at this time and play on the Xbox One then feel free to join us. I also used the nifty heist organiser made by Geeves so here is the link to that. If you don't already know the credentials to that site they are LLJK, fallinintheblak.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 15, 2015

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I wish voice chat worked in an actual radius instead of just citywide. That way when you roll around town blaring music its actually kind of funny instead of incredibly annoying. APB did it :colbert:

I wholeheartedly support this.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Abilifier, Fishmech and I are planning to do the finale for the pacific standard heist tomorrow at 8pm EST/Midnight GMT/5pm PST and we need one more cool guy to help us. We're going to be attempting to getaway in an Armored Kuruma for maximum heist bucks so we might fail it once or twice.

If you're going to be about at this time and play on the Xbox One then feel free to join us. I also used the nifty heist organiser made by Geeves so here is the link to that. If you don't already know the credentials to that site they are LLJK, fallinintheblak.

I should be back on around that time tomorrow and will finish off the heist with you.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Aardmania posted:

I should be back on around that time tomorrow and will finish off the heist with you.

If someone doesn't show, send me a message and I'll join up.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Trying to do the last flying training mission and the dude keeps blowing himself up :argh:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Is there any robust guide to help reduce the chance of being disconnected (Looks like everyone else leaves)? I followed some of the things in the OP but I haven't seen many results. Thanks!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Powershift posted:

Big thanks to Slim Killington, ninjahedgehog and geeves for dragging me through the heists with them for the in-order and loyalty bonuses. The mastermind challenge wouldn't be entirely out of reach with this crew.

Even with all our blunders and such, we still hammered it out in about 7 hours total.

i hate you all

Maytag posted:

Pretty much all the goons I've played this with have been cool. Some are a little awkward but I've only run into one overly particular rear end

it was me

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

The Nice Boy Online is also down

same

except whoever it was last time that replied to an innocuous comment I made with a very sarcastic "that's SO interesting" and then proceeded to drone on about the most banal poo poo for like an hour can swallow a sack full of knotted-up rear end holes

E: PSN is down

titties fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 16, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Joe Gillian posted:

I wish you would stop reminding us that there isn't a PC equivalent yet.

Why isn't there a rockets vs insurgents equivalent on pc, anyway? Does it keep getting taken down or something? I haven't tooled around with the editor, but it seems like it would be easy to make.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Why isn't there a rockets vs insurgents equivalent on pc, anyway? Does it keep getting taken down or something? I haven't tooled around with the editor, but it seems like it would be easy to make.

THe creator of it didn't move to PC

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

You have to line up the containers perfectly so that their textures shimmy in and out of reality and no one is brave enough

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

You have to line up the containers perfectly so that their textures shimmy in and out of reality and no one is brave enough

:lol:

'tis true!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Tried making my own race today and my dreams were shattered when I discovered you need to make your races 0.62mi or more. I just wanted to make a psuedo go-kart track in a car park for airtugs :( It would've been 0.07mi. Such a shame.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Daztek posted:

And this is how a professional does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhfkpToUuA8&hd=1

Good lord that man's back @ 0:50 :stare:

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Why isn't there a rockets vs insurgents equivalent on pc, anyway?

Why does everyone like this map/mission? It's fuuuuuuuuuuckiiiiiiiiiiiiiin stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid and boring.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

Good lord that man's back @ 0:50 :stare:

Why does everyone like this map/mission? It's fuuuuuuuuuuckiiiiiiiiiiiiiin stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid and boring.

Never played it. Just seen videos and people say it's fun and profitable. If either of those is true I'd be all over that poo poo. Making money in this game gets tedious at times.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Jonesy your character is one of my faves :3:

Ethnically ambiguous is the race of the future.

Duke Chin posted:

Everyone! Laugh at this man's bad opinions! :smuggo:

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Is there a mod that freezes systems if someone tries to report the user? PS3. If not I've just had bad luck three times now.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

titties posted:

i hate you all

I still need it but I haven't done the Series A trvor stuff or I think #3 or #5, not sure. I have done fleeca, prison, humane, and parts of the other one, but never the finale.

Mine would have to be something people would want to casually do though, like 1-2 heists per one day of the week, to have some sort of consistency with who we play with and have the same crew. Though on the flip side, I have saturday 10pm CST off until Wednesday 4:30pm CST. So I could easily host it, for those that wanted to do a loyalty thing. All the better, I could buy an armored kuruma after the prison heist, I assume, and I would give the 25% cut, since I don't care about money but I do want that trophy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Maytag posted:

Is there a mod that freezes systems if someone tries to report the user? PS3. If not I've just had bad luck three times now.

I used to have that issue on 360. Just more garbage Rockstar programming.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Scyron posted:

I still need it but I haven't done the Series A trvor stuff or I think #3 or #5, not sure. I have done fleeca, prison, humane, and parts of the other one, but never the finale.

Mine would have to be something people would want to casually do though, like 1-2 heists per one day of the week, to have some sort of consistency with who we play with and have the same crew. Though on the flip side, I have saturday 10pm CST off until Wednesday 4:30pm CST. So I could easily host it, for those that wanted to do a loyalty thing. All the better, I could buy an armored kuruma after the prison heist, I assume, and I would give the 25% cut, since I don't care about money but I do want that trophy.

Armored Kuruma is after the Fleeca job. I'd be down if you're talking about PC for a loyalty challenge thing. RSSC is Kahsin

HarmB fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 16, 2015

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Sorry psn friends I broke it

Jk it was lizard squad? Noooooo.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/05/15/psn-is-down-and-lizard-squad-claims-credit/

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 16, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Scyron posted:

I'm down to hang for this heisting party tomorrow night. Shoot me a request on RSSC, name is AJThump.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Sorry to whoever got stuck with the pubbie on that van setup for the pacific heist. I bluescreened and had to restart.

Honestly, we probably shouldn't have let the level 7 pubbie be navigator/play with us anyways.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Ra-amun posted:

Sorry to whoever got stuck with the pubbie on that van setup for the pacific heist. I bluescreened and had to restart.

Honestly, we probably shouldn't have let the level 7 pubbie be navigator/play with us anyways.

That was me. I agree, but I almost found some vans without his help!

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I stole a goon's Roosevelt and took it on an adventure

and then everyone left to do missions and didn't invite me :(

I hope Rockstar gives us PC players a chance to get these items from the events they held in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if part of their business plan was to get customers to keep buying the game over and over again for each platform, but they have to realize not everyone plays on a console.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Some shots from tonight's fun...

Taxi experiments. (requires further study)

I'm on a boat. And full of Pisswaser..

The Royal Goon Navy tried it's damnedest to get a sailboat to the ocean regardless of bridge-like obstacles...

(I got shanked)

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Well there's your problem.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I found an Imponte Dukes (69 Dodge Charger) while driving around tonight. I cant take it into Los Santos Customs since its considered a high end car, I cant store it in my garage because it claims I don't have the DLC, and its not on any of the car sales pages. How on earth am I supposed to get one? :confused:

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

In retrospect maybe I shoulda pushed the boat left onto the shore and then rammed it past the bridge

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Great Beer posted:

I found an Imponte Dukes (69 Dodge Charger) while driving around tonight. I cant take it into Los Santos Customs since its considered a high end car, I cant store it in my garage because it claims I don't have the DLC, and its not on any of the car sales pages. How on earth am I supposed to get one? :confused:

It's in the ingame store, but it's restricted to returning players (at least 360/ps3, maybe xbone/ps4)

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

It's in the ingame store, but it's restricted to returning players (at least 360/ps3, maybe xbone/ps4)

That's stupid. Any way to trick/cheat the game into thinking I'm a returning player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Great Beer posted:

That's stupid. Any way to trick/cheat the game into thinking I'm a returning player?

I use this with no issues. It's not a mod in a traditional sense, I guess its just the file from a guy who has the DLC.

• Locked thread