Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hcreight posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if they rotate people in and out, ala JLU.

Rip: "We're going to need a magician for this"

Ray: "Nice try, magic isn't real"

Dr. Fate: "Hello, I am Doctor Fate, sorcerer and servant of the Lord of Order"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

pentyne posted:

Rip: "We're going to need a magician for this"

Ray: "Nice try, magic isn't real"

Dr. Fate: "Hello, I am Doctor Fate, sorcerer and servant of the Lord of Order"

Hahahaha, This is a CW show. They would use Zatanna.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Just noticed a pretty obvious hero.

quote:

Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson: A former high school athlete whose pro career was derailed by an injury who now works as an auto mechanic

I'm assuming Cyborg, or maybe Steel, but given that they made that lovely Steel movie with Shaq they might not get be able to get the rights.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cyborg is going to be in the movies. He probably won't be in the show.

lelandjs posted:

I got the impression that Arrow and Flash aren't really part of the team (they probably show up for an episode to do. I'll give you Canary though.

She's actually not the Canary that was a League member though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hcreight posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if they rotate people in and out, ala JLU. as they die

ftfy

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

She's actually not the Canary that was a League member though.

She can come back as Black Canary after Laurel dies a painful death

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Rocksicles posted:

You're behind. Felicity is the woman we don't like now (because they made her a boring, crying, inconsistent mess this season).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Decius posted:

You're behind. Felicity is the woman we don't like now (because they made her a boring, crying, inconsistent mess this season).

My likes and dislikes are not tied to TVIV. I've been pro Caity Lotz since day 1.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Man, what is going on at CW? They went from having zero worthwhile shows for the entire time they've been around to suddenly not loving around in the last couple years. Was there a big shake up in the programming department?

Containment looks fantastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

We'll have to hide Laurel's death from her though. Maybe have their father appear in silhouette or something.

Sara can't handle hearing about Laurel dying. She would have to act in an emotional scene and that might kill us.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Caity Lotz could read cat memes to me all day, and i wouldn't care.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting to see that they've completely redone Sara's costume and not just made it white.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

So is the Flash but just with a different actor. It doesn't mean it can't be Cyborg since DC is making a TV universe and Movie universe that are separate. And thank god. I don't need an angry Batman and blood-lust Superman messing up the fun of the CW universe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pentyne posted:

Just noticed a pretty obvious hero.

I'm assuming Cyborg, or maybe Steel, but given that they made that lovely Steel movie with Shaq they might not get be able to get the rights.

Nah, he's likely the other half of Firestorm. Note the conspicuous absence of the other Amell from the trailer and the pointed lack of any close-ups of Firestorm when powered up.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

An Ounce of Gold posted:

So is the Flash but just with a different actor. It doesn't mean it can't be Cyborg since DC is making a TV universe and Movie universe that are separate. And thank god. I don't need an angry Batman and blood-lust Superman messing up the fun of the CW universe.

Unfortunately, DC has been taking all the movie characters out of the TV shows. Most notably, they killed off the CW Deadshot right after announcing a Suicide Squad movie. Because DC assumes we are all dumb and can't tell the difference between some white guy and Will Smith.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 15, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

An Ounce of Gold posted:

The Flash was already running when they decided to have a movie Flash though. It's a little different than putting a character whose movie you already have planned on TV.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yeah TV Flash probably never happens if DC had slapped together their movie plans sooner than they did.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

thrakkorzog posted:

Unfortunately, DC has been taking all the movie characters out of the TV shows. Most notably, they killed off the CW Deadshot right after announcing a Suicide Squad movie. Because DC assumes we are all dumb and can't tell the difference between some white guy and Will Smith.

Tell me you don't seriously believe he is dead? It's not even the first time they "killed him" on this show, for God's sake...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Tell me you don't seriously believe he is dead? It's not even the first time they "killed him" on this show, for God's sake...

But the showrunners have already said he's dead???

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Norwegian Rudo posted:

They have flat out said that suicide squad in general and Deadshot in particular had to be written off the show due to the upcoming movie. While some things, such as more Deathstroke, are in the maybe category, they have said that DC has made Deadshot and Harley Quinn a firm no.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

I dont know posted:

They have flat out said that suicide squad in general and Deadshot in particular had to be written off the show due to the upcoming movie. While some things, such as more Deathstroke, are in the maybe category, they have said that DC has made Deadshot and Harley Quinn a firm no.

OK, I must have missed that, sorry. I knew they said Harley was out, but not Deadshot.

I still say it's likely he will be back at some point in the future. It was extremely obvious the way they shot his "death" that it was not supposed to be thought of as such.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
They canceled The Messengers after only 4 episodes?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Holy poo poo legends of tomorrow looks so good Jesus Christ

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

violetdragon posted:

They canceled The Messengers after only 4 episodes?

It was a summer offseason show that produced all it's episodes, and they'll run them all because they have nothing else to show in that timeslot even if the ratings are bad even by CW's standards.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Craptacular! posted:

It was a summer offseason show that produced all it's episodes, and they'll run them all because they have nothing else to show in that timeslot even if the ratings are bad even by CW's standards.

It's still pretty stupid to loudly say "YUP, WE'RE CANCELLING THIS, PLEASE DON'T BOTHER WATCHING!" :haw:

If that was their intention all along, they should have just billed it as a "Limited Run Event Series" like everyone else is doing these days.

I kinda liked the show. It was a lot better than the promos led me to believe. What's sad is that the last episode had a spike in the ratings that brought it almost back up to the first week numbers. :sigh:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Only us internet nerds pay attention to cancellation notices though. In the UK they'll run trailers for 'the latest hit US sitcom' regarding a show that's already been axed in the states, and nobody is any wiser.

Although sometimes it means we get the episodes that get held back from US airing, like the softball game in Happy Endings that was pushed back a season, and the last 4 episodes of Marry Me that haven't aired in the U.S. yet.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Only us internet nerds pay attention to cancellation notices though. In the UK they'll run trailers for 'the latest hit US sitcom' regarding a show that's already been axed in the states, and nobody is any wiser.

Man, you guys must think we have dreadful taste.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Enough good stuff gets through at least. If you have satellite you get Sky Atlantic on basic packages even (I think) and that gets a lot of the HBO stuff, just with commercials. Netflix picks up stuff that's good that no channel gets - like Breaking Bad. Because nobody thought at any point in its airing that picking up Breaking Bad would be a good idea (I think the first season aired on some channel then disappeared).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they announced who they cast for Vandal Savage yet?

• Locked thread