Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It seems like using a condom would be against the spirit of a mana-transfer sex ritual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Rand Brittain posted:

It seems like using a condom would be against the spirit of a mana-transfer sex ritual.

You would think pulling out for a money shot would be against the spirit of a mana-transfer sex ritual too.

(Its not a mana transfer sex ritual, its a contract-creating ritual, which in full Nasu logic, requires emotional intimacy, not fluid transfer).

Beef Waifu posted:

No it wouldn't, don't lie to yourself.

...yeah, probably. It probably would have also ruined the only redeeming part of it, which is that its awkward and hilarious.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That's why it's the whole back tattoo thing now.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

All I'm saying is that some lube, condoms and cigarettes for afterwards would have resulted in 30 less paragraphs of Nasu making mollusk comparisons.

Incidentally, I've often thought that Shiki having unprotected sex with Akiha was a bad decision even for him. If they had a kid it would be at risk of having the Tohno and Nanaya versions of Inversion Impulse at the same time. That would be pretty horrible.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 13, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Incidentally, I've often thought that Shiki having unprotected sex with Akiha
:catstare:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Rodyle posted:

That's why it's the whole back tattoo thing now.

I'm okay with them doing that, they just need to invent some greater stakes for it, because it comes off as an asspull solution to just say "Rin can give Shirou mana without any consequences." They could just say it will also kill Rin if Shirou dies while using her mana or something.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Added spoiler tags. :v:

Seriously though, I didn't think it was significantly creepier than the discussion people were already having.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rin and Shiro have the worst sex and it is the best sex scene in the whole game

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Added spoiler tags. :v:

Seriously though, I didn't think it was significantly creepier than the discussion people were already having.

It really isn't. What Nasu actually wrote into the game (for the equivalent of several pages per heroine) is about a billion times creepier.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 14, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I actually don't mind a lot of the HF scenes :blush:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
like, the very first one is loving terrible but most of the ones with sakura... kinda work? like they at least don't feel gratuitous iirc (bear in mind i haven't played f/sn in full in god drat years) which beats the other two routes

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

like, the very first one is loving terrible but most of the ones with sakura... kinda work? like they at least don't feel gratuitous iirc (bear in mind i haven't played f/sn in full in god drat years) which beats the other two routes

They are actually super gratuitous, its just that there are so many of them in HF that even Nasu gets tired of writing about it so they switch from being essays about pots of meat to just being like "then we hosed and I went to bed."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're insanely gratuitous and I take away points from all of them being plot relevant, because that makes them worse.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

They're insanely gratuitous and I take away points from all of them being plot relevant, because that makes them worse.

Luckily for ufotable I think the UBW stuff is easily the least plot relevant. They could easily retcon the mana contract-ritual into basically anything, even just a deep kiss (its anime and kissing is the same thing as graphic sex to most anime teenagers).

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I just find it great that the Rin/Shirou scene in HA is just as hysterically awkward as you'd expect. (Their first failed date ends with Rin blowing up a hotel AC unit.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The love life of Rin and Shiro is that of various bouts of destroyed property between awkward attempts at common romance. It's the greatest teen romance you could ask for.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

The love life of Rin and Shiro is that of various bouts of destroyed property between awkward attempts at common romance. It's the greatest teen romance you could ask for.

Don't forget their friends, enemies, and everyone in between teasing them about it! That's important too.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

AfroSquirrel posted:

Don't forget their friends, enemies, and everyone in between teasing them about it! That's important too.

Hell, in H/A they take poo poo about it from themselves from alternate dimensions. Yes, property destruction is involved.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lately, I have been playing a lot of battle moon wars

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

battle moon wars is fun and the animations are amazing but it could have done with more of a crossover plot instead of playing whack-a-mole with resurrected baddies.

the originals are fun though.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Angry Grimace posted:

Hell, in H/A they take poo poo about it from themselves from alternate dimensions. Yes, property destruction is involved.

That whole section was great. Especially the appearance of Magical Ruby.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Looking forward to Lancer being the best, next episode

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

They had the Emiya remix in the last episode. For like 8 seconds.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

Looking forward to Lancer being the best, next episode

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

heh, i'd like to lancer, if you catch my drift

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Angry Grimace posted:

They had the Emiya remix in the last episode. For like 8 seconds.
Nah it was ramping up for a good 30 seconds or so. Apparently they had a long low key intro just for this scene.

Or they turned down the volume, I don't know how exactly these sound things work. It's basically magic.

EDIT: Who is that hot piece of lancing rear end?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She's from Fate/Grand Order

that's all i know.

e:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-16/fate-grand-order-rpg-new-servant-lancer-previewed-in-tv-ad/.88244

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So what's the diff between this thread and ubw thread anyway

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Open spoilers for all material in this one.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Namtab posted:

in theory this one is for discussion of non anime material, as well as spoilers. In practice nothing

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Cake Attack posted:

in theory this one is for discussion of non anime material, as well as spoilers. In practice nothing
Well it's important because this is the one where we can openly discuss that Archer is Emiya Shi--

Oh... uh, hmm.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

cool detail giving her Gae Bolg she's the original owner

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

cool detail giving her Gae Bolg she's the original owner

Scathath, then. Makes sense.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Judging from the title and this preview image from the next episodes, they're changing the fight a wee bit.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Well damnit now I'm curious about Archer/Shirou's past now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

pretty sure this thread was explicitly created because retards couldn't stop talking about spoilers in the season 1 ubw thread. smh.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

pretty sure this thread was explicitly created because retards couldn't stop talking about spoilers in the season 1 ubw thread. smh.

Well, and also to talk nerdy type-moon stuff since its a shared universe and poo poo.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
This thread is for determining once and for all whether Shiki can kill Servants.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

He can, and also HF is better than UBW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And also for determining who is the best adtrw approved wife