Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I love games that allow you to edit the names and catchphrases of your dudes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

ChickenHeart posted:

This is wonderful.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

When mine Chromatize they all shout "ORIGINAL CONTENT! DO NOT STEAL!"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

When mine Chromatize they all shout "ORIGINAL CONTENT! DO NOT STEAL!"

When my Mighty Marshals Self-Deputize, it's "AAAAAARGH THIS HURTS SO MUCH".

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Do you eventually get more actors or something as unlocks? Really none of them seem to fit my Sentai team. There's Mike Tyson... a white dude foreverially in a karate gi, Bruce Lee in his Game of Death outfit, Michonne from Walking Dead... a loving dog or something and an alien. I wanted more dudes in regular clothes and stuff.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Firstborn posted:

Do you eventually get more actors or something as unlocks? Really none of them seem to fit my Sentai team. There's Mike Tyson... a white dude foreverially in a karate gi, Bruce Lee in his Game of Death outfit, Michonne from Walking Dead... a loving dog or something and an alien. I wanted more dudes in regular clothes and stuff.
Check out the dudes that are currently being used by your other members. It prevents repeats, so you actually have four more 'regular' actors than you think you do.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So tell me more about your guys Sentai gimmicks. I really want to do a Knights of the Round or Samurai theme. Can you change your suits later?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Firstborn posted:

So tell me more about your guys Sentai gimmicks. I really want to do a Knights of the Round or Samurai theme. Can you change your suits later?

You can't change the colors, just the physical looks from different gear. One of the shop items is called Knight Helm though it's very bucket head sort of helmet. I didn't notice offhand being able to use samurai helmets, though you can craft striped motorcycle helmets.

I kinda wish there was a way to get back the specific helmets from the tutorial, unless those were an item and I just skipped past them for others.

My first gimmick was very simplistic. They were the Crush Commandos, and their giant mech was Crushington. Which made the tweets about people worried about getting crushed by Crushington a bit more personalized at least.

EDIT: Hindsight has had me try to have enough spare pistols to fit everybody out with a ranged weapon for particularly :argh: directors goals involving "Attack boss with ranged knockback attack every turn" or "Kill boss with ranged knockback attack with a finisher".

To use a Weapon finisher (or weapon team attack), everybody involved needs their weapon attack to not be on cooldown. As long as they are in the weapon range, people will contribute to weapon team attacks or finishers. I didn't even realize this was a thing until by accident in the final mission my first playthrough :downs:

Also, Swords and pistols are 'anybody can use this' weapons. I am really enjoying Scout with a sword after using the Daggers and dagger passives the first time.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 17, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Thanks for the tips. If I wasn't such a sperg about naming the characters, I'd try to go full on Sentai and change the gimmick every season.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Firstborn posted:

Thanks for the tips. If I wasn't such a sperg about naming the characters, I'd try to go full on Sentai and change the gimmick every season.

Well, while you can't change the character names, you can change the company related stuff at any time. Company name, team name, transformation titles, robot name, finisher and such.

Normal difficulty you should be able to manage everything just using whatever you think is cool. Outside of the post season 4 path that has you fighting solo. To avoid the solo path, the least spoilerish way to phrase that is "Beat the enemy who has been giving you problems all season first".

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm having a bit of trouble with the Season Finale of Season 5. Obviously the gimmick is that each of the enemies present is boosting the Main Guy, but is there a specific monster order that makes things less painful? The amount of sheer damage any of the monsters in question can put out is crippling.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

MisterBibs posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Season Finale of Season 5. Obviously the gimmick is that each of the enemies present is boosting the Main Guy, but is there a specific monster order that makes things less painful? The amount of sheer damage any of the monsters in question can put out is crippling.

I forget all the exact details, but here is generally how I went about it.

I did what I could to interrupt the bosses uber charge attack (if you mouseover, it will tell you how much is needed/how much more damage is left). Sometimes you get lucky and when he runs off to do it he's to far away to actually hit you with it. I had a good amount of cooldowns so everyone had around a 1 turn cooldown on their weapon attacks, while the scout had the 'can use daggers every turn' skill.

Regarding your spoiler covered detail. I didn't kill ALL of the extra monsters. I know for a fact I killed the one that could cast heals (plant alligator looking one?), and if there was one that granted a defense boost I definitely killed that one. Team attacks again are real great, even with just two people to bypass anyone with an "armored" status. I am also pretty sure I didn't take the time to kill every single one of them, and all the efforts at canceling his super attack was adding up over time damage wise as well.

I spammed the poo poo out of the support's heals as needed, I believe I may have even had a 1 turn cooldown on circle of friendship at the time. That boss fight would have gone a lot faster if the bug where you are only ever given the Support space sheriff wasn't around. He's kinda garbage at it too because that's a 6 turn cooldown for a circle of friendship equivalent, and when he uses it it gives him a 3 turn long debuff.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, Rock,Paper,Shotgun didn't like it,as expected. Personally love the poo poo outta it,myself.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
New patchnotes up for Chroma Squad's patch.

Mecha heal skills buffed in the latst patch, but so is damage taken. I doubt a 20% and 30% increase in the heal powers will still cut it when even recently, an awesome block with a 70% defense passive results in 4-5k damage. If a heal can't outpace a single round's worth of blocks...

Also Holy poo poo all those price increases and audience gain nerfs. Most of the patched studio upgrade costs have been doubled or more. Though if I am reading it right, only the final upgrades got jacked up?

At least they finally tweaked Colin's bear in the Rider path to not have "Please use team attacks to bypass this, while you are playing solo" Armored trait.

quote:

Features:
- Added the "Violent" trait to the game;
- Pressing ESCAPE now also closes settings screen;
- End Episode screen now shows tooltip with Conversion Rate for fans and money;
- Skill tree now shows Cooldown Cost for each skill;

Mecha:
- Mecha skill "Reload" healing increased by 20% on all items;
- Mecha skill "Repair" healing increased by 30% on all items;
- Mecha skill "Wonderwall" healing increased by 30% on all items;
- Base Kaiju damage on Interesting increased from 1.1 to 1.2;
- Base Kaiju damage on Challenging increased from 1.5 to 1.65;

Gameplay:
- Director's Instructions Audience reward decreased to 80% across the board on Season 3;
- Director's Instructions Audience reward decreased to 70% across the board on Seasons 4 to 6;
- minionmelee2 Audience value decreased from 80 to 70;
- minionmelee3 Audience value decreased from 120 to 100;
- minionraged2 Audience value decreased from 120 to 100;
- minionraged3 Audience value decreased from 160 to 130;
- miniontank2 Audience value decreased from 180 to 150;
- miniontank3 Audience value decreased from 250 to 210;
- ActorHP3 Upgrade cost increased from 2000 to 4000;
- Camera3 Upgrade Cost increased from 1000 to 2000;
- Crafting3 Upgrade cost increased from 2500 to 4000;
- DropRate2 Upgrade cost increased from 1000 to 2500;
- GlobalAudience Upgrade cost increased from 1000 to 3000;
- Lights3 upgrade cost increased from 800 to 1700;
- MechaHP3 upgrade cost increased from 2500 to 3200;
- Microphone3 upgrade cost increased from 800 to 1700;
- Cardboard Material pack price decreased from 3000 to 2500;
- MMobile, Travel Nerds and ToysRFans Fan Power costs increased by 20% across the board;
- ARMOR, ConductorsOfTheHypeTrain, Eagle, EDS, HappyBunny, HardEdgy, IndieDarlings, Marketcraft, Moneygrubber, SomeHollywoodGuys Fan Power costs increased by 25% across the board;

Skills:
- Biinon's Invisibility Use Cost increased from 70 to 110;

Bosses:
- Rider's Colin Bear Final Form hp decreased from 5000 to 4000;
- Rider's Colin Bear Final Form no longer has the Armored trait;
- Rider's Colin Bear Final Form now has the Violent trait;
- Rider's Colin Bear Final Form defense decreased from 100 to 50;
- Villain X defense AI threshold increased from 0.05 to 0.1;
- Villain X AI adjusted to be more aggressive, teleport less;
- Villain X final form attack increased from 280-320 to 320-400;
- Villain X Kaiju Special Attack cooldown decreased from 3 to 2;
- Villain X Kaiju Special Attack damage increased from 30000 to 35000;
- Villain X Kaiju base damage increased from 9000 to 11000;
- Woodman HP decreased from 1500 to 1200;
- Woodman "Lil' Roots" skill now triggers only twice on the Boss encounter;

Fixes:
- Mecha Fight Optimization. Reduced 20% overhead when punching a Kaiju!
- Fixed Counter after Counters freezing the game;
- Fixed an issue where you could unequip a motorcycle (if you did, try re-equipping it);
- Fixed Colin's Bear AI not pursuing players out of range of his skills;
- Fixed a NullReferenceException during the Mecha fights;
- Fixed Lead getting up when he/she shouldn’t during Season 3 finale;
- Fixed an issue where Woodman's AI would not pursue distant players;
- Fixed an issue with pressing ESC while in Buy Material Pack/ Crafting/ Recycling screens;
- Fixed an issue with changing tabs before closing the Material Pack pop-up screen;
- Fixed Pistol Skill description for a certain universal hero;
- Fixed “Last Episode Income” not showing correctly;
- Several Localization fixes;
- Possibly Fixed a Null Reference spam on Tooltips;
- Finance and Fans Panel shows Conversion Rates;
- Fixed occasional ghosts Health bar
- Fixed a bug for Mine, Spores and Portals taking damage animation
- Showing Attack Damage Label even when enemy is destroyed
- Director's Instructions: Driver Mode fixed

Debug:
- Hold Alt at the Splash Screen to reset Resolution to its default value;
- You can press Alt+S to deactivate the “old TV” shader (workaround for “Pink Screen” issues);

VolticSurge posted:

So, Rock,Paper,Shotgun didn't like it,as expected. Personally love the poo poo outta it,myself.

As much poo poo as I have given some of the bugs, I do not regret my purchase at all and am so glad I found out about this game.

EDIT: gently caress you Colin's bear on Rider path, you are dead, deaaaaaaaaad.

Good loving lord was I right about the Armored Buff being the main roadblock. While a bit rough, I feel I could have handled that now even if he still had 5k HP. Though I also got lucky with him uselessly walking after me to close distance a lot instead of spamming his charge, and the one time he charged I had my back to a wall which means he can't hit me with it. Bring your assault heal and a shitload of coodown though, because they added a brand new as of this patch "Does even more damage!" buff.

Now, if only what the skills screen said your coodowns were, matched what your actual cooldowns in a fight were. My rider path stuff, everything is at least 1 turn longer than displayed on the actors screen.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 19, 2015

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I just now figured out you can swap between characters to take their turns in any order by clicking on their names. In the last boss fight. Oops.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

I just now figured out you can swap between characters to take their turns in any order by clicking on their names. In the last boss fight. Oops.

:allears:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Jet Jaguar posted:

I did the same thing somewhere in the final season, easy to do really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jet Jaguar posted:

I didn't figure out you could do weapon finishers until the final level or thereabouts :downs: Because all my previous attempts I forgot somebody had a weapon on cooldown at the time so thought they just didn't work.

• Locked thread