Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_R2ptt7ibs

More about the multi-character thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That video could have used 100% less of the bat-tshirt & blazer combo dude.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Looks like the grading feature and Enforcers are also returning from Origins alongside Firefly.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Nightwing's animations look totally unpolished. Preorder cancelled.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Mogomra posted:

Yeah they looked a lot better in Arkham city.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Mogomra posted:

I was actually thinking the same about Batman's. Chalkin' it up to game not done yet

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
It's coming out in a month. So it's probably going through cert right now. But perhaps we'll all just receive a gigantic day-one patch.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I was actually thinking the same about Batman's. Chalkin' it up to game not done yet

Did I see Batman straight up throw a dude like 100 feet in the air?

I guess he essentially flew around in fights from the other games.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hope one of the Riddler puzzles have you switching perspectives from Batman to Oracle playing pipe dream and back

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I still kind of want a Batman game where you're expected to solve mysteries as the player without Batman giving you the answer immediately.

Not physical puzzles. Actually mysteries. Kinda like in the Miles Edgeworth: Ace Investigations games, where the characters collects logic pieces and it's up to the player to put them together.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I still kind of want a Batman game where you're expected to solve mysteries as the player without Batman giving you the answer immediately.

Not physical puzzles. Actually mysteries. Kinda like in the Miles Edgeworth: Ace Investigations games, where the characters collects logic pieces and it's up to the player to put them together.
Not in a AAA-game. It would just frustrate everyone. A shame, really.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The animations in that Nightwing/Batman video are really bad.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

The only way I would preorder this game is if they used the dual-play combos to create a Baman Piderman DLC

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

net cafe scandal posted:

The animations in that Nightwing/Batman video are really bad.

I'd like to see a Batman game with full mo-cap on every move Batman makes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm preordering it...twice.

Once at BB to get 20% off. Once at GS to get the "exclusive" DLC and then return it the next day cuz gently caress that noise.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Those animations don't look very fluid, unlike the rest of the arkham games except Origins.

It just looks weird. I'm still gonna buy this game though.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Mogomra posted:

Did I see Batman straight up throw a dude like 100 feet in the air?

I guess he essentially flew around in fights from the other games.

Could be worse, he could be dragon kicking some dude into the milky way.

Mzbundifund keeps making gifs from my LPs and please never stop.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I've been replaying the Arkham games, and only just today did I notice that Penguin in City has a tracheotomy, but somehow a completely normal voice. Which must have been a late-in-development decision, because I can definitely imagine a voicebox turning out very penguin-like but hard to understand.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Why do they bother having other characters to play? Nobody gets a Batman game and then doesn't want to play as Batman. It's like getting a TMNT game and not playing as Raph.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
It's just a shame that we never got a co-op Arkham game. Although trying to imagine how to make it work without two players constantly screwing up each other's combos is mind boggling.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

redbackground posted:

That video could have used 100% less of the bat-tshirt & blazer combo dude.

There's your gamestop DLC.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

Could be worse, he could be dragon kicking some dude into the milky way.

I don't see a problem with this. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yaos posted:

Why do they bother having other characters to play? Nobody gets a Batman game and then doesn't want to play as Batman. It's like getting a TMNT game and not playing as Raph.

Excuse me, I play as Raph AND Leonardo. :colbert:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Excuse me, I play as Raph AND Leonardo. :colbert:

I was legit saddened and mad to find out that I am actually the Raph of my group of friends instead of Leo.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Being named the Raph, your first reaction is anger. Self-fulfilling prophecy, man.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Yaos posted:

yeah like why bother putting anyone in a street fighter game other than ryu man

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah like why bother putting anyone in a street fighter game other than ryu man

They did this with Ken. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_2010:_The_Final_Fight

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Don is the best. Staff range > all.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Why would you not what more characters,.especially when they are totally optional ?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Assault on Arkham is apparently canon, according to the Arkham Knight comics. King Shark's son shows up at one point.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Assault on Arkham is apparently canon, according to the Arkham Knight comics. King Shark's son shows up at one point.

Well canon according to the comics, and probably not within the game itself, considering that Deadshot's characterization is pretty damned different? Unless I am remembering the games wrong.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How was he in Assault?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

How was he in Assault?

"Cool", level headed, not really villainous at all. He's literally the hero of the story and portrayed as a bad rear end who isn't really afraid of anything, not even Batman, IIRC. I only saw it once though. To be honest, I wonder if they originally meant for Deadshot to be Deathstroke in the movie. I should watch it again and complete this recent play through of City.

Is Origins canon or what?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Firefly is showing up in Arkham Knight, but that's not exactly concrete proof on its own.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ToastyPotato posted:

"Cool", level headed, not really villainous at all. He's literally the hero of the story and portrayed as a bad rear end who isn't really afraid of anything, not even Batman, IIRC. I only saw it once though. To be honest, I wonder if they originally meant for Deadshot to be Deathstroke in the movie. I should watch it again and complete this recent play through of City.

Is Origins canon or what?

Not sure if Origins is canon, but that seems pretty in-line with his characterization there - Deadshot's something of a fatalist who isn't scared of Batman (and outright says this to the guy's face with a completely calm heart rate) and doesn't seem to care whether or not he dies, if not actively suicidal. I can't remember how he was in City though, so :shobon:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Not sure if Origins is canon, but that seems pretty in-line with his characterization there - Deadshot's something of a fatalist who isn't scared of Batman (and outright says this to the guy's face with a completely calm heart rate) and doesn't seem to care whether or not he dies, if not actively suicidal. I can't remember how he was in City though, so :shobon:

He's def not suicidal in Assault. What with the whole daughter angle. He's pretty much flat out a hero. I feel like I remember him barely being an anti hero. Especially with that ending. It reminded me of the Wanted movie in a lot of ways actually.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Assault and Origins are not canon and there's a very good reason behind it: They're bad.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So it's a bit of a moot point because i can pick it up at any time but is it possible to pre-order the season pass on steam even though my pre-order of the actual game is over at GMG and I wont be able to register the base game until the day of launch?

Basically, I'm wondering if steam will let you buy the DLC for a game if you don't have the actual game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ryaomon posted:

Assault and Origins are not canon and there's a very good reason behind it: They're bad.

Origins is so far back timeline wise(year 2) that it doesn't matter really, but the second electrocutioner shows up for about 5 pages before getting his poo poo kid in then later iced by Arkham Knight in the new arkam comic plus i liked origins, despite its problems. but Assault on arkham was dumbshit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

So it's a bit of a moot point because i can pick it up at any time but is it possible to pre-order the season pass on steam even though my pre-order of the actual game is over at GMG and I wont be able to register the base game until the day of launch?

Basically, I'm wondering if steam will let you buy the DLC for a game if you don't have the actual game.

You could always get a gift copy and give it to yourself later.

Ryaomon posted:

Origin had the best story of the 3 :shrug:

• Locked thread