Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Ralith posted:

I vote we start honking immediately.

Seconding this.

This CYOA is going to be magnificent :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Would it be wrong to suggest we attempt to seduce new hottie techpriest?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

In a Gadda Da Vidda

"Anything in Dad's journal?"
"Nothing new since the last time you asked me, Saimmy. Dad came to this ship... uh, says here, the Beast. No entries after that."

"And he thought the daemon had come here?"

"Yes Saimmy. Why else would he come here?"
"I don't know, Dhean. You don't think its strange?"
"What's strange?"
"That we would get the journal right as he vanished?"
"I don't know, Saimmy. Just follow the orders."
"I'm not a solider Dhean."
"That's always been your problem."

"I want the daemon that killed Mom dead as much as anyone, you know that."
"Then why cant you just follow the orders?"
"I just want to know whats going on."

You shifted their weight uneasily. This argument was an old one, and often ended in tears. Sometimes you could focus them, sometimes not. They had been hunting this Daemon for as long as you could remember, always on the trail, always just short of catching it. It was an obsession you could only marvel at - normal people weren't driven like that, in your experience. Pun intended. Still, they did good works. Always willing to fight against the xeno, the mutant, the heretic. Ideally, keeping it a secret from the civilians. They weren't meant to know about what really went bump in the night.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Outrail posted:

Would it be wrong to suggest we attempt to seduce new hottie techpriest?

I don't think we have the right interface protocols for that sort of thing yet.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Ralith posted:

I vote we start honking immediately.
:colbert:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I vote we start honking like a clown in space that just knocked over the captain and farted on him.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
*Hoooorrrnnnk!*

(Not sure what we're supposed to be voting on yet)

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
I think depending on how long this cyoa goes the ride should eventually make its way into Ohone's retinue. It's only fitting

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

As an aside, thank you whoever reccomended this https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F39789887%2Fasoiaf-40k.doc&embedded=true

Who wouldn't enjoy reading about Sansa Stark, Acolyte Inquisitor?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

LowellDND posted:

As an aside, thank you whoever reccomended this https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F39789887%2Fasoiaf-40k.doc&embedded=true

Who wouldn't enjoy reading about Sansa Stark, Acolyte Inquisitor?

This is amazing and I'm devouring it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What the hell did I just read? :psyduck:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Deadmeat5150 posted:

What the hell did I just read? :psyduck:

You read some awesome poo poo. I get shot in it while heroically defending a place in true Guard fashion.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

That certainly was a read. :stare:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
It's a good read. Better fanfiction than what most official Black Library authors write.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm still only halfway through it. Is there a word for something that's terrible and awesome at the same time?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

I'm still only halfway through it. Is there a word for something that's terrible and awesome at the same time?

"40k" :v:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Outrail posted:

"Crossover fanfic"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Volmarias posted:

"Crossover fanfic"

Yes.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Sympathy for the Devil

Dhean flipped through the journal one more time half heartedly, then throws in the back seat. You read it occasionally, when they are sleeping - it would be a bad idea to reveal you were a Servitor with a brain. You'd check the pages later, see if they mentioned anything. They had been on the trail of the Yellow Eyed Daemon for a number of years, and you were startled at the sudden change in orders - it seemed their father had made a breakthrough somewhere. Still, it didn't help much once you were actually here. This was a massive place, and your engine hummed in harmony to the heartbeat of it. Hundreds of thousands of people, kept alive by the thrumming engines of your brethren.

Saim spoke. "Daemons like this usually try somewhere out of the way where they can build a cult of minions. I've been reading about this place - did you know this ship is nearly eight thousand years old? It started with Ching Shih..."
"Tell me something I can use, Saimmy."
"Whatever, fine. This ship has a whole city of feral humans living just inside the hull."
"And they haven't purged them? poo poo, I would."
"No, get this. They let them manage the ship's batteries."
Dhean shook his head. "Giving ferals ship cannon. I will never understand voidborn."
"Yeah, I don't get it either. But get this - they are left alone for generations at a time. The Family that owns the ship doesn't get into battles much."
"And you think this is where the Daemon will go."
"It makes sense Dhean."
Dhean cocked a projectile weapon, slammed ammo into it. "Sure, let's check out these ferals."

It was difficult finding your way to that part of the ship - this was one of the most badly designed places you had ever been. Eventually, you got as close as you could, blocked by a near solid jungle of metal and debris, slick with hydraulics, the fog of diesel and recycled water. They opened your doors, checked their weapons one more time. "Wait here, IMPAL. We should be back in an hour or so. Just scouting things out."

You shifted on your wheels. You had been told to wait many times, but you never liked it. They got into enough trouble on their own - you had lost track of how many times bursting through a wall had saved their lives. Being told to sit and stay made you feel useless.

It wasn't even twenty minutes before Dhean came back to confirm your suspicions. He was alone, and bloody.
"There were so many of them, and they came out of nowhere. They got Saimmy..."

What do you do?

A. Honk encouragingly.
B. Open your trunk. He just needs bigger weapons.
C. Open the cabin. Perhaps a negotiation with you present will help?
D. Negotiation yes, but from a position of force. Activate a burst of your engine flamers.
E. Something else.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
B. More Dakka

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Definitely B.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Engage our T-Cog and transform from Vehicle to Combat Servitor mode.

:getin:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

D why should he have all the fun?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
B

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B. We can back him up with a bunch of D later.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
C.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

B. THEN A.
Beep beep guns!

Also better drive the car after Dhean wherever he goes next. He might need a dose of good Carma there.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

RickVoid posted:

Engage our T-Cog and transform from Vehicle to Combat Servitor mode.

:getin:

Actually, let's open the trunk for Dhean first so he can load up, then after he leaves transform and sneak after him.

After all, we are an incognito bio-mechanical construct.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
B, B, B

Oh man, given where 40k usually sets the bar anyway--what does IMPAL's trunk armory have?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C.

And judicious use of flamers.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C

THIS WILL LEAD TO A RACE

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
B!
Also honk more.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
B

Also, I just found this, and I am at the verge of appalled before falling off the precipice of "why didn't anyone think of this sooner," dangling by a thread of maniacal grinning. Way to go.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RickVoid posted:

Actually, let's open the trunk for Dhean first so he can load up, then after he leaves transform and sneak after him.

After all, we are an incognito bio-mechanical construct.

Oh my god yes! This

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Prepare your Butts.

C