Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Beef Waifu posted:

I've bought this game three times and now I'm buying it for a fourth time because I want everything and I'm paying out the rear end for pizza version too.

"This is Beef Waifu, just doin' God's work"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
DMC4 and MGR are the two action games I constantly go back to, because they just feel so right. I also have over a hundred hours into this, and I can't wait to do it all over again, so I'm right there with ya, Beef Waifu.

The time has come and so have I :madmax:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have yet to shove 100+ hours into MGR. That being said I got 70+ out of that one and boy let me tell you does that games content stop after 30+.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
This will also be my fourth time for me. I had it for the 360 (RROD'd) and then ps3. Then I bought the PC version.

And you best believe I'm gonna buy this one as well. DMC4 is great even if half of the levels are the same with Dante, it's still different enough with how Dante controls.

Except the dice. Don't miss that. :v:

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
This will be my third time buying the game. I had all S ranks on all difficulties on the 360 (except mission 18 on DMD). Then the PC version came and I spent most of my time playing bloody palace and LDK mode.

I wonder if they will track stage ranks by character since for the first batch of missions you can play as Nero, Lady and Vergil.

Shindragon posted:

Except the dice. Don't miss that. :v:

I hope the new characters know how to "deal" with dice.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I've bought this game three times and now I'm buying it for a fourth time because I want everything and I'm paying out the rear end for pizza version too.

What happened to your avatar, Beef Waifu?

More on topic, I hope this comes on a steam sale soon because goddamn, I need to play as Vergil, he looks rad as gently caress.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wanted to pay homage to the man that shaped who I am today, Bradley Uppercrust III.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
My third purchase, as well. Not sure if I'll go PC or PS4. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gotta say, Uncle Dante looks quite a bit better with the stubble rather than the clean shaven look. Which is odd considering Vergil pulls clean shaven off well and shares the face model.

It'll by my third purchase of DMC 4 too.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

That loving Sned posted:

I just want to see every cutscene between Nero and Dante, with Nero replaced by DmC Dante.

That's exactly what I had in mind. GIF that little back of the head slap from the Dante 2 post boss movie and loop it forever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Are you going to replace Nero's girlfriend with Kat?

I mean they are basically the same character.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I wanted to pay homage to the man that shaped who I am today, Bradley Uppercrust III.

But... But... It used to be so perfect :saddowns:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Are you going to replace Nero's girlfriend with Kat?

I mean they are basically the same character.

Kat actually does something and moves the plot along. Kyrie is just... there.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Where are you getting the pizza version

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-8148

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Lady Stream, the moveset is in this video but a bit later.She looks super fun, like a weird mix between Nero (in that remapping shoot to a shoulder button is a necessity) and Gunslinger Style. This game is going to be so neat, holy poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

notZaar posted:

Kat actually does something and moves the plot along. Kyrie is just... there.

I'm trying to remember what she does to move the game along and I remember she spray paints a block Dante couldn't reach in an early level so he can get up to a higher platform so yeah, she is literally infinitely more useful than Kyrie.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

Lady Stream, the moveset is in this video but a bit later.She looks super fun, like a weird mix between Nero (in that remapping shoot to a shoulder button is a necessity) and Gunslinger Style. This game is going to be so neat, holy poo poo.

This game is gonna be sweeeet.
I am praying that they don't gently caress up PC port somehow.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

the pizza box isn't in the picture ARE YOU SURE IF SO I WILL BUY

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here is an image of the Collector's Edition on CDJapan which has yet to be updated because this listing was made prior to us seeing the stuff in the CE. It is being listed at 10314 yen because that is a website that does imports and it needs coverage fees for shipping and handling and yadda yadda. The actual cost for the item is about 7000+ yen.

Here is the image of the CE on the website now that we've seen everything. It is being listed at 7398 + Shipping and it fills in literally every single black box on the above picture.

It's the same one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's amazing.
It'll go great with the Catherine special edition too if anyone has that.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

With all the new characters they are putting in I'm a bit disappointed they couldn't find a place for Lucia.

Brutakas posted:

I hope the new characters know how to "deal" with dice.

Now I'm scared they change the other characters too much, so you can't do the snatch trick.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Hel posted:

With all the new characters they are putting in I'm a bit disappointed they couldn't find a place for Lucia.
She's too far in the future. Dante hasn't met her yet :v:

Lady resting on her bazooka is pretty cool.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 14, 2015

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Coughing Hobo posted:

Good lord, Now that song is stuck in my head for a full day again.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Aurain posted:

Gotta say, Uncle Dante looks quite a bit better with the stubble rather than the clean shaven look. Which is odd considering Vergil pulls clean shaven off well and shares the face model.

This Vergil can't share Uncle Dante's face model, they're decades apart in the timeline. If Vergil survived to DMC4's time, he would either have a full beard to play off Dante's stubble, or an evil twin goatee

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

If Vergil survived to DMC4's time, he would either have a full beard to play off Dante's stubble, or an evil twin goatee

It would fit his whole robed Kenshiro look he was going for in the intro cutscene.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

The DMC3 PC port is on sale, so I figured this would be the place to ask: does the style switcher mod actually fix the port? Is it worth my five bucks?

Mulgar
Dec 8, 2013

Trick Question posted:

The DMC3 PC port is on sale, so I figured this would be the place to ask: does the style switcher mod actually fix the port? Is it worth my five bucks?

I think the mod fixes widescreen, controller and performance issues. But I've heard some people still have issues with framerate, that's on a sound card by sound card basis.
If your framerate is still tanking then deleting sound files fixes that.
If it's on sale, then I say just go for it!

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Mulgar posted:

I think the mod fixes widescreen, controller and performance issues. But I've heard some people still have issues with framerate, that's on a sound card by sound card basis.
If your framerate is still tanking then deleting sound files fixes that.
If it's on sale, then I say just go for it!

Awesome! I played this game a bunch as a kid, so this'll be a nice nostalgia trip.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This is amazing, so glad I checked this thread again.

The only downside is that now it's going to be disappointing when DMC5 doesn't have 5 distinct characters on release.

In conclusion,

Coughing Hobo posted:

EDIT: The install size for the SE on steam is more than 3x the original port. Either they improved the textures or they switched to uncompressed cutscenes and audio or something.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 15, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Trick Question posted:

Yeah. This and GeDoSaTo should be all you need to play at 1080p, downsampled from 4k, with flawless xinput support (360, betterDS). I have been enjoying it a lot without issues.

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
So does anyone have any tips for Royal Guarding The Savior's massive death beam in DMC4? I was hoping to include it in the LP but I can't seem to pull it off. I know I have to start guarding high enough in the air that I won't touch the ground and reset my animation, and I can sometimes get 4 guards in a row, but I can't get further than that. Is it simple button mashing or is there a (very fast) rhythm to it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AccountingNightmare posted:

So does anyone have any tips for Royal Guarding The Savior's massive death beam in DMC4? I was hoping to include it in the LP but I can't seem to pull it off. I know I have to start guarding high enough in the air that I won't touch the ground and reset my animation, and I can sometimes get 4 guards in a row, but I can't get further than that. Is it simple button mashing or is there a (very fast) rhythm to it?

Oh poo poo, i didn't realize your LP had started again! Awesome!'

Honestly, I just did it with a simple rhythm. Just tap-tap-tap-tap-tap

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

dmc4:se will be one of the first games i get when i get a ps4 this summer and i'm really frickin excited to play this game again with all the modes added in the pc release and the new characters and a better controller.

do we have any word on if any of the new characters were made into bosses for bloody palace or is it still dante only? it was always kind of a shame that you couldn't fight against nero with him and a new vergil fight would be cool as heck

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

ImpAtom posted:

Oh poo poo, i didn't realize your LP had started again! Awesome!'

Honestly, I just did it with a simple rhythm. Just tap-tap-tap-tap-tap

Thanks, I finally did it! I think I was trying to go too fast.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

sharrrk posted:

dmc4:se will be one of the first games i get when i get a ps4 this summer and i'm really frickin excited to play this game again with all the modes added in the pc release and the new characters and a better controller.

do we have any word on if any of the new characters were made into bosses for bloody palace or is it still dante only? it was always kind of a shame that you couldn't fight against nero with him and a new vergil fight would be cool as heck

From what I've been hearing, it sounds like the new characters and costumes is the only new content.

I'd really have liked some way for Dante to fight Credo and himself besides going through Bloody Palace.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They've said they're doing other stuff in the way of messing with character balance and whatnot, so they might mess around with chapter select and stuff too, but they're showing off the big selling point right now.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Dante Stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxhTDTFRmJc

In the very beginning they are talking about how you can select an alternate costume and then activate a character's super mode.

Later at ~4:50 they mention that Lady and Trish won't have super versions?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just came across this

quote:

n the Q&A for their latest financial results, Capcom said that thanks to the Resident Evil remaster’s high sales, HD remasters will be one of the company’s “key business activities” moving forward.

“HD remasters of our catalog hit titles will be one of our key business activities,” Capcom said in the Q&A. “Overseas, it is becoming difficult to sell these lower-priced and re-mastered titles at stores because of the declining number of stores and sales area limitations. Therefore, we started aggressive digital download sales activities.

“These activities created new demand for these titles. For example, overseas download sales of Resident Evil (HD Remastered) in the past fiscal year were far higher than we expected. It is not a risk but rather the growth of the download sales channel gives users more options. We regard this as growth in opportunities to have allow access for more people to enjoy our games.”

Uh, those are good or bad news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I would love Devil May Cry collection on PC.

• Locked thread