Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

chairface posted:

Does either have Magical Crops with the MFR compatibility patch yet?

OMP-i does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

chairface posted:

Does either have Magical Crops with the MFR compatibility patch yet?

Modderation: yes, you can use either MFR or EIO machines to harvest magic crops.

OMP-i: most likely. It is currently, at the very moment of writing this post, in very heavy redevelopment by Stealth Archer for the day.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

CuddlyZombie posted:

Has anyone played around with this mod? http://adventofascension.gamepedia.com/Advent_of_Ascension_Wiki

I'm a sucker for the idea of dimension-hopping and more RPG elements.
So I installed this and finally got all the conflicts worked out (mostly removing other mods, like Balk's weaponmod) and then things seem to be going okay until I noticed that for some inexplicable reason my hunger bar was acting as a second health bar.
Anything that hurt me did damage to my hunger meter, not my health. I only lost health if I was hit and my hunger meter was empty. By chowing on steaks I was invincible.

I assume this was a bug but I finally realized I didn't care enough to try digging through to find out what was wrong.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stealth Archer, make sure you add portal guns to ompi thank you.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I like to play minecraft with mods.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Please tell me, what are some good modpacks which use modtweaker to get you to progress through one mod in order to progress through another mod.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
Is there an NEI plugin which adds a filter save/load feature to the button at the top of the screen? I remember being able to rclick it a long time ago and having save slots appear. It'd be very helpful now that I need to hide bee genetics, microblocks, common blocks, ae2 covers and many other spammy mods.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else having issues running OMP after last night's update?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Danger Mahoney posted:

Anyone else having issues running OMP after last night's update?

It was kind of a major update, if you're playing single player you may be hosed.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Demiurge4 posted:

It was kind of a major update, if you're playing single player you may be hosed.

Yeah, my singleplayer game crashes on load.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Sistergodiva posted:

You'll probably have to revert to the old version to play your singleplayer save. Ask StealthArcher about it if you don't have an old version backed up.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Demiurge4 posted:

You'll probably have to revert to the old version to play your singleplayer save. Ask StealthArcher about it if you don't have an old version backed up.

Yeah, I backed the whole mod folder up before updating. I was waiting for the new version anyways.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In the OMP-i update what changes the main menu screen? Mines got a whole bunch of purple and black boxes and I just want to delete it.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

*thinking* Whoa... I guess there are no modpacks like that...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sistergodiva posted:

Well, there were some issues with Omp-i on the server last night at least. Including but not limited to EVERYTHING being ore below Y level 30.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, there were some issues with Omp-i on the server last night at least. Including but not limited to EVERYTHING being ore below Y level 30.

All ore is below 30, or all blocks below 30 are ore? The second one sounds good to me.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

All ore is below 30, or all blocks below 30 are ore? The second one sounds good to me.

The second, people were able to veinmine over 600 ore at once last night. It's been toned way back in 2.0.0_1

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Do you guys have a recommended set of keybinds for the (new) OMP-i pack?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

CuddlyZombie posted:

Do you guys have a recommended set of keybinds for the (new) OMP-i pack?

Unbind everything except vanilla, rebind as you need it. To unbind, click a bind then press Esc.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
In AgSkies 2 is there any way to automatically pick up items off the ground? Vacuum hoppers seem to be disabled this time around.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BlueOccamy posted:

In AgSkies 2 is there any way to automatically pick up items off the ground? Vacuum hoppers seem to be disabled this time around.
I don't know about that, but I'd aim for the automatic sieve from Ex Astris as soon as possible. It's electrically powered, can export items, has an internal inventory, and supports both speed and fortune upgrades. A better investment than a bank of autonomous activators, in the end.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

I don't know about that, but I'd aim for the automatic sieve from Ex Astris as soon as possible. It's electrically powered, can export items, has an internal inventory, and supports both speed and fortune upgrades. A better investment than a bank of autonomous activators, in the end.

I'm using one of those auto sieves, yeah. I was asking for my mob tower. It's confusing that the quest log specifically says to make those punji sticks and iron spikes but then give you no way to pull the drops out of there...

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
OMP-I is good, thank you Stealth Archer.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

What the heck! How do I work around Ars Magica II's incompatibilities?

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

BlueOccamy posted:

Botania hopperhocks

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

BlueOccamy posted:

If you don't want to progress that far into Botania, MFR conveyor belts can carry items and dump them onto vanilla hoppers, although you might need to redesign your killroom to use sideways-facing iron spikes instead of ground-placed punji sticks so that you can free up your floorspace for conveyor belts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone in here know anything about Advanced Generators? I can't work out for the life of me how to actually get it to produce power on its own without other mods. The Steam Turbine seems to need steam from BR (in which case why not make a BR turbine) and the gas turbine needs gases from other mods too, near as I can tell. :confused:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

BlueOccamy posted:

I'm using one of those auto sieves, yeah. I was asking for my mob tower. It's confusing that the quest log specifically says to make those punji sticks and iron spikes but then give you no way to pull the drops out of there...

Yeah, and magnet mode from NEI means a constant stream of bones/rotten flesh/arrows into your inventory. I set up barrels for those three, but other drops haven't been so numerous that I've bothered.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

SugarAddict posted:

Doesn't the shock focus sometimes set them on fire? Can't collect ender pearls if they keep teleporting 12 chunks away into some random cave.

of course imbued Sword will kill an E-man with one hit, - or for me I just send them into diamond spikes

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone in here know anything about Advanced Generators? I can't work out for the life of me how to actually get it to produce power on its own without other mods. The Steam Turbine seems to need steam from BR (in which case why not make a BR turbine) and the gas turbine needs gases from other mods too, near as I can tell. :confused:

They are easy, Turbines + Fuel + Storage + controller + input port + flux output

pump fuel of some kind in, Usually I find some oil gusher and pump that into a refinery to make fuel, (bio fuel also works)
Pump into the generator and you have power

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't messed with it much, but if I recall the only way to fuel it without other mods is the rather fiddly Syngas Producer, which is basically a complicated middleman generator that eats coal and outputs steam and "syngas", which is the mod's liquid fuel.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mzbundifund posted:

I haven't messed with it much, but if I recall the only way to fuel it without other mods is the rather fiddly Syngas Producer, which is basically a complicated middleman generator that eats coal and outputs steam and "syngas", which is the mod's liquid fuel.

I just figured that out, and the numbers are kind of hosed up, seemingly. I put together a syngas producer with one heating chamber and five mixing chambers, per the docs, and a whole stack of coal produced 3 buckets of syngas. A gas turbine apparently gets 1000 RF per mb of syngas, so about 3 million RF.

Steam Dynamo, on the other hand, produces 80rf/t, and coal burns for 1600 ticks. 80 * 1600 * 64 =~ 8.2 million RF.

What the gently caress, this Advanced Generators mod is dumb. Why did I waste so much iron on this. :mad:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

What the heck! How do I work around Ars Magica II's incompatibilities?

You will have to be more specific about what and how, it's called "Ars Crashica" or "rear end Crackia" for a reason.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Advanced Generators is theoretically neat because you can start with a relatively small and simple generator, but you can later expand it with up to fifty turbines for more RF per tick. The problem is that it's usually less efficient than other options if you're going small, doesn't generate enough power to be worth it if you're going big, and it takes a mighty fuckload of iron to boot. If I could do something else with syngas, it might be worth it, but I can't, so who cares?

As for steam turbines. you don't necessarily have to use Big Reactor turbines. Those are large and expensive, and you need to either leave them running all the time (which is inefficient), babysit them (which is annoying), or automate it using a ComputerCraft computer (which is difficult). Unless you're producing stupendous amounts of steam, you can use MFR Steam Turbines. You can also make steam with MFR Steam Boilers, but I don't have the math on those. I don't know how efficient they are compared to Railcraft boilers, but I can tell you they're nowhere near as much of a pain in the rear end to make and use. There's also Big Reactors for steam generation, but that's only for...well, BR Turbine levels of steam.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BlueOccamy posted:

Honestly, just turn vac hoppers on. It's like how the original Agrarian Skies turned off item nodes to prevent easy, low-lag cobble production.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

You will have to be more specific about what and how, it's called "Ars Crashica" or "rear end Crackia" for a reason.

I got it to work; I was using an older version. The curse website is poorly designed! The Curseforge website is okay.

Is there anything similar to Blood 'N Bones for 1.7.10 or 1.8 yet?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Ciaphas posted:

I just figured that out, and the numbers are kind of hosed up, seemingly. I put together a syngas producer with one heating chamber and five mixing chambers, per the docs, and a whole stack of coal produced 3 buckets of syngas. A gas turbine apparently gets 1000 RF per mb of syngas, so about 3 million RF.

Steam Dynamo, on the other hand, produces 80rf/t, and coal burns for 1600 ticks. 80 * 1600 * 64 =~ 8.2 million RF.

What the gently caress, this Advanced Generators mod is dumb. Why did I waste so much iron on this. :mad:

Can you bump up the RF generation rates in a config file? I know some packs jack up the RF generation in Big Reactors, for example.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Can you bump up the RF generation rates in a config file? I know some packs jack up the RF generation in Big Reactors, for example.

Probably, but it's StealthArcher's OMP-i server. I'd ask him if I actually gave a poo poo at this point, but I'm too annoyed now. :v:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
When I see an error like this:

quote:

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: buildcraft/api/fuels/IronEngineCoolant$Coolant

What does it mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Reason posted:

When I see an error like this:

What does it mean?

It means stop using buildcraft. :v: