Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Profondo Rosso posted:

i mostly just want circ to seek treatment for his mental illness as no one should have to live without treatment for their mental illness in the 21st century and sick burns seemed the most effective way to get there

i think you should seek mental treatment for making those posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

i think you should seek mental treatment for making those posts

one step ahead ofu brah

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yeah but the method used matters more than the end result. anyone can make anyone angry, that's not a skill, that's not a talent. he isn't saying anything worth listening to. him getting up there and being offensive just shuts the audience down, turns them against him. if he had an ounce of sense he'd figure out how to get the audience on his side, THEN reveal himself to be a terrible person. this creates an uncomfortable rift, invites self-observation, makes the audience realize they're the joke.

all of this post-hoc rationalization is wasted, sam hyde's racist libertarian schtick is joking on he square. he really is the person he pretends to be, because that's the work he puts into this world.

Yeah, he could be more effective, but I think he was still effective in what he did. As far as him being his character because it's the work he does, if that's true, then Adam West really was a millionaire playboy who dressed up as a bat and fought crime and it wasn't just television. I mean, Sam Hyde may well be a racist libertarian in his real life, crazier things have happened and anything is possible, but it wouldn't be because he does it as a character or uses it in some of his acts (some because it's not the entirety of "the work he puts into this world").

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Profondo Rosso posted:

i don't actually circ. ill break this down for you real quick cause im a nice guy

most people have these things called "friends". generally friends are involved with pop culture poo poo in anyway. the kards/jenners are literally the most widely watched/famous family in america (besides maybe like the obamas) at this point in time. the 20/20 special on him/her (which my friends dragged me to watch because it was an ~event~) was by far the top watched thing on tv that week and got nearly 20 million viewers. if you interact regularly with other people in a social atmosphere generally you will hear or encounter events like this

i dont think this whole "posting badly in gbs" thing is working for you as therapy circ, id suggest finding some interaction in the real world. then you too can know about faggy poo poo like this regardless of your interest in it :)

Why are you typing this stuff up?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

As he said, he's a nice guy, and you all could learn something from him.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

getting an unmedicated ill person to get help seems like a better use of my time than debating the merits of an internet funnyman

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Profondo Rosso posted:

internet funnyman

Who?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

It's me. I'm just a wild and crazy guy on the Internet.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

new vid is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn1QsnKUF9Q

Charls is looking mighty fine as usual. Please continue sperging about bruce jenner or whatever you gay babies keep on arguing about.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBV3nNvKDMk&t=374s

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

All those people are at worst average looking though.

i didnt mean he was a physical amalgamation of the three!!! This thread is about content being allowed to fly or otherwise. After seeing the vid in the op, I'm satisfied hes no worse than various existing edgy comics.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

burritolingus posted:

Yeah, he could be more effective, but I think he was still effective in what he did. As far as him being his character because it's the work he does, if that's true, then Adam West really was a millionaire playboy who dressed up as a bat and fought crime and it wasn't just television. I mean, Sam Hyde may well be a racist libertarian in his real life, crazier things have happened and anything is possible, but it wouldn't be because he does it as a character or uses it in some of his acts (some because it's not the entirety of "the work he puts into this world").

he's effective in what he did, but what he did was not worth doing. sam hyde isn't pretending to be batman, he's pretending that he is a lovely nerd with bad habits and a self-destructive attitude because he doesn't realize he's supposed to be pretending.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

he's effective in what he did, but what he did was not worth doing. sam hyde isn't pretending to be batman, he's pretending that he is a lovely nerd with bad habits and a self-destructive attitude because he doesn't realize he's supposed to be pretending.

Pissing off rich white kids is worth doing, though, and more people should do it and film it like Sam Hyde.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Profondo Rosso posted:

i don't actually circ. ill break this down for you real quick cause im a nice guy

most people have these things called "friends". generally friends are involved with pop culture poo poo in anyway. the kards/jenners are literally the most widely watched/famous family in america (besides maybe like the obamas) at this point in time. the 20/20 special on him/her (which my friends dragged me to watch because it was an ~event~) was by far the top watched thing on tv that week and got nearly 20 million viewers. if you interact regularly with other people in a social atmosphere generally you will hear or encounter events like this

i dont think this whole "posting badly in gbs" thing is working for you as therapy circ, id suggest finding some interaction in the real world. then you too can know about faggy poo poo like this regardless of your interest in it :)

fag

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Sam is pretty cool. Charles probably has a legit mental illness. Nick is the best though.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

facebook jihad posted:

Sam is pretty cool. Charles probably has a legit mental illness. Nick is the best though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd0na8AwO4o

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Sam Hyde leaves a 17 minute voicemail for bigspaceship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLb7mgYU-qI

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

are people still mad about sam hyde, MDE

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

MDE fans are very mad that some people don't think MDE is funny.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Agag posted:

no one is mad. unless you mean the "mad" (mad used as a term indicating mental illness) people who are claiming to be able to discern the emotional state of a group of people on an internet forum

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Agag posted:

No. You're the one whose mad.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ruddha posted:

No. You're the one whose mad.

I am owned.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

I am owned.

You own yourself

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBXEvHv3Vjs

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Agag? More like....a fag.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

can someone explain why this guy is funny??? i dont understand humor

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

You own yourself

Shouldn't you be paying to gently caress Thai children right now?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Agag posted:

COol! Yeah! I agree! This is the man! Nice!

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

Shouldn't you be paying to gently caress Thai children right now?

I like how you never offer a single personal detail and then craft sick burns by exaggerating and obfuscating stories told by others, its pretty cool

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

I like how you never offer a single personal detail and then craft sick burns by exaggerating and obfuscating stories told by others, its pretty cool

sounds smarter than you in this case tbh

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Agag is hulking out, but I wouldn't call him a person

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

sounds smarter than you in this case tbh

Whys that, do you believe him

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

Whys that, do you believe him

I don't follow forum drama but it would not surprise me if a goon flew to Thailand to bang children

you're not a mod tho so maybe he is wrong

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

I don't follow forum drama but it would not surprise me if a goon flew to Thailand to bang children

you're not a mod tho so maybe he is wrong

Nah its not drama. I dont have to pay for sex though, ive got a handsome mug. I talked about how i met a thai girl once on the forums and he filled in the rest with his sad overreaches. All in his quest for unassailable epic burns.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Agag what's your height and weight I need to know

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Tautologicus posted:

unassailable epic burns.
this was my fav simpsons episode

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

Nah its not drama. I dont have to pay for sex though, ive got a handsome mug. I talked about how i met a thai girl once on the forums and he filled in the rest with his sad overreaches. All in his quest for unassailable epic burns.

oic I remember reading posts about some guy and his friend that went to Thailand to pay for sex with boys? lady boys? i dunno I figured it was referencing that. step yo game up agag

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

Thanks man!

Fluo posted:

Agag is hulking out, but I wouldn't call him a person

I identify as an ork.. :black101:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Agag identifies as a Dark Eldar servant of Slaanesh, and rapes/murders women and children in service of his space god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Under the vegetable posted:

Agag identifies as a Dark Eldar servant of Slaanesh, and rapes/murders women and children in service of his space god.

*rolls D20*

• Locked thread