Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Irony Be My Shield posted:

He can, and also HF is better than UBW

Thread's closed, any and all discussion of type-moon is hereby banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Compendium posted:

And also for determining who is the best adtrw approved wife

Shirou

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure the male Shiki personality dies before she gets the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception though?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Shiki Ryougi's Servant killing abilities aren't really in question, since she killed 99 of them in Extra.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Silver2195 posted:

Shiki Ryougi's Servant killing abilities aren't really in question, since she killed 99 of them in Extra.

So, there's what? Seven characters/personalities across TM that are named Shiki?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Ryougi Shiki, SHIKI and 「」-Shiki and the Tsukihime-Shikis which I'm too lazy to look up so around seven sounds right

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Tsuki has Shiki the protag, the real Tohno Shiki, and Nanaya Shiki, of which there are technically two different incarnations, the one in his dreams and the one created by Wallachia.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New episode was good

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
There's Shiki Ryougi, SHIKI Ryougi, Void Shiki, Shiki Tohno (born Shiki Nanaya), SHIKI Tohno, Fake Shiki (the throwaway villain from Plus-Disk), Shiki Nanaya (as an alternate personality of Shiki Tohno), Shiki Nanaya (the dream one in Kagetsu Tohya), and Shiki Nanaya (the one created by TATARI in Melty Blood).

That's 9 Shikis, although Fake Shiki was only pretending to be a Shiki.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium posted:

And also for determining who is the best adtrw approved wife

Tamamo no Mae

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Where the gently caress are the CCC foxtail eng scans

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Fox sighted, release the hounds

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Ruff woof bow wow

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nasu please

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite shiki is roa

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i went to anime news network's forums for some reason and in the ubw thread

quote:

MOD NOTE: Due to the volatility of off-topic conversation prompted by the topic, discussion of whether or not the original visual novel of Fate/stay Night is sexist or not is now OFF LIMITS. If this comes up in the new anime, which this thread is supposed to be about, that's fine, but only in that case. Period. This rule will be strictly enforced.

lol

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's okay to admit that you're an ANN forums superstar, endorph

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm sure both sides of whatever argument spawned were level-headed and not at all insufferable.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
FSN is clearly sexist, not unlike the superior in every way Fate/Zero :smuggo:

That being said, like everything else in the world, there are problems in this franchise, one of them being that they create insufferable arguments in the first place.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Compendium posted:

FSN is clearly sexist, not unlike the superior in every way Fate/Zero :smuggo:

That being said, like everything else in the world, there are problems in this franchise, one of them being that they create insufferable arguments in the first place.
Very true, but I feel like the sexism argument is a special kind of bad. Mostly because it's up there with Shirou being an idiot in missing the point completely and drawing a conclusion that's not quite supported by the work because of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm sure both sides of whatever argument spawned were level-headed and not at all insufferable.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

I have a tumultuous relationship with the Fate/Stay night franchise. I love the series' prequel Fate/Zero and have… complicated feelings towards the visual novel, of which this series is an adaptation. I played through most of it in the aftermath of Fate/Zero, looking for a continuation of that story, and… did not get that. It's understandable, considering that the visual novel was written first! It has a right to be its own thing! Still, what I didn't expect was some of the worst writing and most heinous misogyny I've seen in a widely acclaimed product since the last time I tried to read a Brett Easton Ellis novel.

Yeah I bet the comments on these reviews are just awesome.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Yep, that guy is pretty much spot on with his comments about the VN.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Rodyle posted:

Yeah I bet the comments on these reviews are just awesome.

So he only played through the Fate route then? :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mederlock posted:

Yep, that guy is pretty much spot on with his comments about the VN.
:catstare:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

She

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Post your type-moon waifu/husbando

I'm a traditionalist, blue saber all the way

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've not watched any of the ubw anime so I have 2 questions.

Is it any good?

Do they show sabers bare breasts on tv?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it is good, no

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Namtab posted:

I'm a traditionalist, blue saber all the way

Zero Rider, Zero Lancer, FSN Lancer, and FSN Archer

To make sure there's a Saber in there, Prototype Saber.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Compendium posted:

Zero Rider, Zero Lancer, FSN Lancer, and FSN Archer

To make sure there's a Saber in there, Prototype Saber.

Building a little harem there i see.

Endorph posted:

it is good, no

Thanks

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Type-Moon Megathread: the worst writing and most heinous misogyny

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Endorph posted:

i went to anime news network's forums for some reason and in the ubw thread

lol

Apparently, that was after 20 pages of comments (at like 15 comments a page) of people arguing back and forth about whether the anime was sexist over one weekend after the review was posted, which is kinda insane... The reviewer for ANN is a film studies major, so she approaches it in a way that pisses off many Fate fans who have their already clearly formed opinions.

For some reason, I decided to get in on the arguing this weekend after a whole thing where the reviewer panned this latest episode and people were going nuts about it. She's clearly skeeved out by a lot of the rabid fanbase Fate has, and really dislikes the way the Shinji attacking Rin scene was done this past episode, calling it titillating fanservice.

Also, the assistant editor of ANN, JesuOtaku, is RGD Internet Critic Discussion thread regular Jay O, and she pretty much hates this show. She and the ANN Executive Editor just put out a 2 and a half hour podcast with a guest Fate fan earlier this week that is pretty negative about Fate/Zero, as well as the fanbase of the show as well. It explains why she never comes by ADTRW though, I guess...

Biggest problem seems to be that the ANN crew have Doylist (as in the out of universe explanation and what led the author to write a story the way he did, aka what Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is thinking when he writes the Sherlock Holmes stories) takes on the show, while Fate fans seem to prefer Watsonian (as in the material provided in universe for explanation, aka what James Watson explains to a reader in Sherlock Holmes stories) interpretations...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

GhostStalker posted:

For some reason, I decided to get in on the arguing this weekend after a whole thing where the reviewer panned this latest episode and people were going nuts about it. She's clearly skeeved out by a lot of the rabid fanbase Fate has, and really dislikes the way the Shinji attacking Rin scene was done this past episode, calling it titillating fanservice.

Really?? I would think that scene wouldn't titillate anyone, people would want Shinji to get punched. Which happened.

Most crit towards the Fate franchise as a whole, I mostly agree with because they aren't baseless and the fandom in general sucks, but sometimes there's just plain misinterpretation.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Namtab posted:

Red Saber is the correct answer to both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

GhostStalker posted:

She and the ANN Executive Editor just put out a 2 and a half hour podcast with a guest Fate fan earlier this week that is pretty negative about Fate/Zero, as well as the fanbase of the show as well. It explains why she never comes by ADTRW though, I guess...

I'm trying to listen to that, but it just gets frustrating to have the guest fan stop and explain everything all the time. "Technically..." I guess it's fair and balanced all that, but by god is it hard to listen to.