Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

tbf i know with gulag this is probably a personal posting style thing than an actual badposting thing tho

capps and gulag are reminiscent of one another in their post style. I'd be ok with a lynch on one of them, both are pushing for a big nothing vig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

capps and gulag are reminiscent of one another in their post style. I'd be ok with a lynch on one of them, both are pushing for a big nothing vig.

This is probably weird joke phase stuff, but that post style is something I'd be ok with removing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

This is probably weird joke phase stuff, but that post style is something I'd be ok with removing.

i'm more interested in the vig push when there's no guarantee there's a vig in the game, honestly

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Epsilon Plus posted:

I think GG got things out of jokephase much better than you did

Captain Foo posted:

it takes two to discuss!

that is, I dont mind people finding issue with my posting if it means we can get to real discussion

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't want to vote Foo. It's weird to me that anyone has any interest in voting Foo.

WWM did seem antsy but I think that's a normal reaction to a lot of pressure with no reasoning behind it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

I don't want to vote Foo. It's weird to me that anyone has any interest in voting Foo.

WWM did seem antsy but I think that's a normal reaction to a lot of pressure with no reasoning behind it.

day 1 posting is basically providing pressure and seeing how people react

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't really think Foo is a good vote at the moment and it was honestly reactionary. I think we should vote Gulag or capps. I think the WM/WWM votes are bad. I don't see any "scummy" behavior from either.

##vote Gulag

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would love to kill Gulag and beat him up.

Mithross posted:

Ghostly made a solid case, but I don't think I'm ready to trust Hal again, and he's also on board.

##vote WWM

Highlander rules work either way, right?

Real bad post/vote. He's ignoring valid content because Hal is backing it, in favor of a bandwagon vote with a lot of momentum. The question at the end of his post seems too self-conscious.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I thought we were still joking with the WM/WWM thing so I guess thats over now

##unvote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also, Mithross says that GG made a solid case. That case was presumably Ghostly pointing out that WM was forcing an unnecessary and scummy highlander vote. Then Mithross goes along with that highlander vote.

##vote Mithross

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

Also, Mithross says that GG made a solid case. That case was presumably Ghostly pointing out that WM was forcing an unnecessary and scummy highlander vote. Then Mithross goes along with that highlander vote.

##vote Mithross

I pretty much agree if I'd have to say Mithross looks scummiest right now of everyone followed by Gulag (who always seems scummy to me so thats whatever)

##vote mithross

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CapitalistPig posted:

I pretty much agree if I'd have to say Mithross looks scummiest right now of everyone followed by Gulag (who always seems scummy to me so thats whatever)

##vote mithross

noting this as thirdvote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Mithross

ummmmm

Mithross posted:

Ghostly made a solid case, but I don't think I'm ready to trust Hal again, and he's also on board.

##vote WWM

Highlander rules work either way, right?

the immediately preceding post is this one:

Somberbrero posted:

yeah the earlier Ghostly post was on point.

##vote wall monitor

somberbrero u got some explaining to do here

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

noting this as thirdvote

Do you have anything to say about it being a thirdvote though?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Captain Foo posted:

noting this as thirdvote

What?! How dare I be the third person to vote someone who is posting badly!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

Do you have anything to say about it being a thirdvote though?

thirdvoting is sometimes indicative of scum. it's not accusatory or suspicious in and of itself, tho it's often interesting to keep abreast of how people place their votes

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

I thought we were still joking with the WM/WWM thing so I guess thats over now

##unvote

Aww, must we?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wall monitor posted:

Aww, must we?

why don't you want jokephase to be over?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Captain Foo posted:

thirdvoting is sometimes indicative of scum. it's not accusatory or suspicious in and of itself, tho it's often interesting to keep abreast of how people place their votes

I like your old avatar better

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

ummmmm

the immediately preceding post is this one:

somberbrero u got some explaining to do here

not sure I understand. Ghostly makes the point that forcing a thunderdome or highlander or whatever is scummy, which is what Wall Monitor does. I agree, I vote Wall Monitor. Mithross agrees that Ghostly made a good point, then votes Which Way Madness. Mithross seems to be under the impression that Ghostly was backing the highlander vote rather than calling it scummy. I guess this could imply that Mithross just misunderstood, or else I misunderstood the point Ghostly was making, but I think it's indicative of Mithross faking content.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

Me too.

There's no point to acknowledging that Pig was the third vote unless you think it says something about his alignment.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CapitalistPig posted:

:rip:

Somberbrero posted:

not sure I understand. Ghostly makes the point that forcing a thunderdome or highlander or whatever is scummy, which is what Wall Monitor does. I agree, I vote Wall Monitor. Mithross agrees that Ghostly made a good point, then votes Which Way Madness. Mithross seems to be under the impression that Ghostly was backing the highlander vote rather than calling it scummy. I guess this could imply that Mithross just misunderstood, or else I misunderstood the point Ghostly was making, but I think it's indicative of Mithross faking content.

oh ok, i was reading that you thought agreeing with the ghostly post was bad when you yourself agreed with the ghostly post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Somberbrero posted:

Me too.

There's no point to acknowledging that Pig was the third vote unless you think it says something about his alignment.

eh, the way he came out of nowhere to hop on the vote as a thirdvote pinged me i guess? not overly strongly but better to :justpost: imo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Honestly I can see how it would seem slightly scummy, but right now I just feel like Mithross is the scummiest option, but scummiest D1 options are usually not that great anyway.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CapitalistPig posted:

Honestly I can see how it would seem slightly scummy, but right now I just feel like Mithross is the scummiest option, but scummiest D1 options are usually not that great anyway.

:agreed:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fuckin hell deadline's in an hour and a half and we've got very little to go on

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

we basically have me not liking which way madness's response to pressure, a few people half-heartedly looking to lynch gulag for style, and mithross agreeing with one case and voting the other way

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

fuckin hell deadline's in an hour and a half and we've got very little to go on

That's how it usually is in D1 though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wall monitor posted:

That's how it usually is in D1 though

i know, but most people haven't even posted since jokephase ended

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Captain Foo posted:

we basically have me not liking which way madness's response to pressure, a few people half-heartedly looking to lynch gulag for style, and mithross agreeing with one case and voting the other way

Actually, I thought highlander was a joke case, and was trying to play along, since there can be only one would work either way. I apparently just don't get joke phase. I think slamburger voting me with no reason is more indicative than my failed joke.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I can get behind Somberbrero's posting for D1 ##vote Mithross

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mithross posted:

Actually, I thought highlander was a joke case, and was trying to play along, since there can be only one would work either way. I apparently just don't get joke phase. I think slamburger voting me with no reason is more indicative than my failed joke.

hm he claims you are badposting but doesn't actually explain that, instead asking me questions when i was probin'

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Wow, deadline is in a hour

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mithross posted:

it was a v bad joke

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Big Nothing posted:

i wasn't lying, do you have anything constructive to add

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Big Nothing posted:

Deadline is in seventy one minutes, quit lying you scumlord

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mithross posted:

I apparently just don't get joke phase.

looked u up on votefinder, i can believe this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wall monitor, you never answered why you didn't want jokephase to be over

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hands up if you think that WWM is a better lunch than Mithross, because as it stands those are our two options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mithross posted:

You seemed sincere though.

• Locked thread