Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I want to see Bianca Del Rio play The Joker in a drag rendition of Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CHiRAL posted:

In other news I GOT MY WILLAM RINGTONE :dance::derp::dance:

You guys should be getting yours too, check ya mail gurl

Yup. Rewards going out already. DJ pastabody and I are trying to coordinate our arbys date.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

curiousTerminal posted:

I haven't seen anything about Bebe outside of Drag U, Tyra has dropped off the face of the earth, Sharon let fame get to her and most of her old fans from the show don't even care about her anymore.
On the other hand, Raja is still integrated into the WoW machine, Jinkx is doing a LOT (drag becomes him, musicals, tours, etc) and Bianca is doing tours and working on Hurricane Bianca. So far it's 50/50 as to winning getting you somewhere.

Hell, even Sharon had a good thing going for a while. Her album was pretty succesful (well, for a drag queen, but still). It's really only Tyra that seems to have completely vanished, at least form my radar. I don't hear much about Bebe, but then again that WAS the "lost season" she was on.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

:getin:

Monkeypoop
May 2, 2003

Your One True God
Just bought tickets to the DQOC show in SF for myself, the wife, & my mother in law who has been wanting to see a drag show. She may have PTSD when it's over.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I got caught up in work poo poo and missed the AMA noooooooooo. Oh well, at least I'll have time to read at my leisure

BIG CITY LAWYER fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 15, 2015

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

nm

spite house fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 15, 2015

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I was really hoping that Hello Kitty would take her head off to reveal it was Shangela under there.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Per her AMA, Katya says her favorite novel is "The Master and Margarita".

1. She fuckin would. 2. That may be the best novel ever and it is a beast to get through, for anyone following along the Penguin translation is probably your best bet 3. oh my god her favorite book is "The Master and Margarita".

She deserves our adoration down to the ground.

spite house fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 15, 2015

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Flyinglemur posted:

I was really hoping that Hello Kitty would take her head off to reveal it was Shangela under there.

Same, hah.

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe

CHiRAL posted:

In other news I GOT MY WILLAM RINGTONE :dance::derp::dance:

You guys should be getting yours too, check ya mail gurl

I made sure my ringtone would be work safe, so I can actually use it.

And then Willam added a bit to the end.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

spite house posted:

Per her AMA, Katya says her favorite novel is "The Master and Margarita".

1. She fuckin would. 2. That may be the best novel ever and it is a beast to get through, for anyone following along the Penguin translation is probably your best bet 3. oh my god her favorite book is "The Master and Margarita".

She deserves our adoration down to the ground.

holy poo poo this book sounds amazing

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

holy poo poo this book sounds amazing
It really, really is. It features the most dapper and charismatic Devil outside of Milton and a giant talking cowboy cat, what more do you want?

CaptainScraps posted:

Yup. Rewards going out already. DJ pastabody and I are trying to coordinate our arbys date.
If you leave me out of this I swear to God

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

spite house posted:

If you leave me out of this I swear to God

I'm going to buy you a meat mountain.

While Willam tries to hit me up for a meat mountin'.

Also, this episode is loving boring and abysmal and so incredibly blah.

Edit:

Every time I see Pearl lip sync, I think of these two shitlords:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_GcbQmM6E&t=0m30s

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 19, 2015

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
G'bye, bitch.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Meh. At least we get some fun in two weeks.

(Lypsinka, cheer me up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwBImEgilQ)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I take it next week is a recap, and the following is the "live" finale?

What a lackluster season.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Nihonniboku posted:

What a lackluster season.

Yeah. It's still been entertaining, but last season set the bar incredibly high and this is one of the least interesting of the recent seasons, so the contrast is all the more stark.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Ginger and Kennedy ganging up on the younger girls just makes them seem like bitter old queens. So much negativity.
Bye you depressing ho, with any luck your sister will be joining you shortly.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Last year I was already worried that this season would feel lackluster... I never expected this.

The show's still fab, I just want to fast-forward to next year's version.

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!
I was prepared for a Bitter Old Lady Brigade + 1 Top 3 but this is my Post-Max Post-Katya Dream Team so I am pleased with this outcome.

I think Kennedy really hosed herself by wearing that piece cos she couldn't move for poo poo in the lipsync.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
That final lipsync in general was zzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzz :geno:

Ah well.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Raere posted:

Ginger and Kennedy ganging up on the younger girls just makes them seem like bitter old queens. So much negativity.
Bye you depressing ho, with any luck your sister will be joining you shortly.

I actually really liked Kennedy's dress and was a bit surprised she got sent home, but drat that condescending 'you don't know anything, you're young' poo poo just makes my blood boil. I won't be mad if Ginger wins because she's really talented, but I would love to see her get beaten (rightfully) by the girls she's sneered at all season. I'll always have a place in my heart for Pearl, but Violet's been a standout all season - this was the first time she had to lip synch - and it's clear she's really serious and passionate about drag.

I agree that all the team/acting challenges brought this season down. They also didn't seem quite as creative as the ones the last few seasons (although I really liked the spoken word and John Waters challenges). And, now that I think about it, we didn't get a 'make dudes into queens' episode!

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

Ah well.

I hate the 3/4 way lipsyncs; you don't really get to focus on everybody enough to really judge and there's not a lot of room on the stage for anybody. The result just ends up as anticlimactic since it's hard to tell who 'won'. I know it's a lost cause since they've been doing it for so long, but I miss when they just had a regular drat finale and there was a two person lipsync to get into the final 3.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

Ah well.

Every lip sync this season was zzzzzzz.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
After this episode Ginger is the only one I actually give a poo poo about but at this point the season is basically like American politics, I don't actually want anyone to win but my vote goes to the least bad.

Katya why...

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just a reminder, Ginger and Miss Fame are the same age

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

angerbeet posted:

:what:

One of them was rode hard and put up wet. Oh well, probably both of the, actually...

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh yeah. This show's still happening. I guess.

(I'll watch the poo poo out of it tomorrow)

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

angerbeet posted:

:lol: I'm pretty sure Ginger thought of Miss Fame as one of the 'young girls who think they know drag'

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ginger's become a total rear end in a top hat and it's a bummer they couldn't eliminate her AND Kennedy before bringing back Katya to round out the top 3.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Did Tommy ever tell you about my painting? Look at this.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Willam is in a commercial for Magnum ice creams and promoted the brand at a party at Cannes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjHRbQ3WWCE

She looks great. The brunette at the desk is also really pretty.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nihonniboku posted:

Having garbage song choices didnt help them any.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Nihonniboku posted:

Not even Katya's slow split? :(

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I feel like a crazy old lady for rolling my eyes at Ginger being a bitter old broad underestimating younger people. "Twenty-something thinking they've seen poo poo and know everything compared to a slightly younger twenty-something."

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
"This is not a sewing competition."

Bitch. Have you ever watched the show?

Oh my goooooood no more old queen bitching. Back in your day, blah blah, shut up. "You are too young to take on this kind of responsibility." Motherfucker it is a DRAG COMPETITION you are not running for president.

As much as I really like Pearl's attitude in general and how she's possibly the most laid-back queen ever to be on the show except for moments when Jinkx was actually sleeping, Violet is winning it for me. She does really awesome looks but more importantly she seems to have grown a lot and she is a lot more likable than she was at the start.

Still, flasaydah, bitches.

rip kennedy, too bad it didn't happen last week

I really need a gif of Violet's pulled-back scrunchface when Ginger was trying to get in her head after the main challenge rehearsal. And Pearl's bored "oh for gently caress's sake not this poo poo again" face when they cut to her. That was just great.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

I was going to say I don't care who wins but really, anyone but Ginger. Gah. What a lovely season.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

One thing that really bothered me this season was that there was more focus on the opportunity for catch-phrasing and overusage of team challenges. It hit me mid episode that I didn't really see much vulnerability from anyone this season until last-loving-night's episode. I had no idea Kennedy was a legal guardian or that Pearl had such a traumatic experience as a child. It seems like one of the reasons, to me anyway, why this season fell flat is because that's how everyone was painted - completely one dimensional with catchy phrases and an emphasis on the runway. The lack of workroom banter and genuine interest in the lives of the contestants seemed to be the death knell for this season.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
AV Club summed it up with the line "We lost Katya for THIS?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Not Today Satan posted:

One thing that really bothered me this season was that there was more focus on the opportunity for catch-phrasing and overusage of team challenges. It hit me mid episode that I didn't really see much vulnerability from anyone this season until last-loving-night's episode. I had no idea Kennedy was a legal guardian or that Pearl had such a traumatic experience as a child. It seems like one of the reasons, to me anyway, why this season fell flat is because that's how everyone was painted - completely one dimensional with catchy phrases and an emphasis on the runway. The lack of workroom banter and genuine interest in the lives of the contestants seemed to be the death knell for this season.
This is really right on for me. Kennedy in particular, I wouldn't have had any idea till they mentioned it last night. I wish they would have gotten more into things like that rather than just, like you said, painting a one-dimensional picture of most everyone. Katya's stress was probably the most real emotional poo poo this season.

EDIT: I hope Katya's future WoW Youtube show is some kind of Borat-esque drag hooker comes to America. She could swing it.

• Locked thread