Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
That might have been my favorite episode of Louie ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Frostwerks posted:

That might have been my favorite episode of Louie ever.

I just came in here to say this. The girl's names, Bobby's story, the black and white clips, the screaming cartoon, the baseball bat, the taxi driver - this episode had it all. This is C.K. at the top of his game, and I'm loving it.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Dogs.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hakkesshu posted:

I've never seen KotH ok

hosed up.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
does louie really whip out his dick to female comedians, sa forums?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

does louie really whip out his dick to female comedians, sa forums?

Rumor has it, but nothing that has much merit.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Almost certainly. I'm just kind of pretending it doesn't exist for now so I can watch the last two episodes of the season. Then I'll deal with Louie being a shithead. :smith:

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009

pwn posted:

Almost certainly.

Why?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Because it has the ring of truth to it.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm pretty sure it's just one of those things that people want to believe because they get a boner from hating people who do a thing that they consider morally justifiable to hate. People just really like hating things and take any chance they can to latch onto anything that gives them an excuse.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I dunno, it's awfully specific.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It's plausible, but plausibility doesn't have much to do with probability.

The only claim that doesn't have a 'from a friend' middleman is the original female comedians' story which never named the creep in question, unless I've missed one of the other comments that actually claims to have interacted with him. Everything else is not only hearsay, but mostly anonymous internet hearsay.

But apparently he has a creepy reputation, so maybe where there's smoke there's fire. There's no real evidence on either side. I'm not going to staunchly defend Louis and say these allegations are patently absurd but at the same time I don't think it's very reasonable to go ahead and label him as a sexual assaulter.

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009

Ah a ring of truth.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
He is just a method actor is all

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
A few random rumors from some unnamed people sure sounds like a history of sexual assault and not someone with an agenda.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

big mean giraffe posted:

A few random rumors from some unnamed people sure sounds like a history of sexual assault and not someone with an agenda.

this is a slippery posting slope you dont want to get on my friend

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

this is a slippery posting slope you dont want to get on my friend

If you're going to say poo poo about someone, say it publicly. Trashing a guy's reputation by spreading gossip about him is some low class, scummy behavior and whichever female comedians are doing it should be loving ashamed of themselves.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Irish Joe posted:

If you're going to say poo poo about someone, say it publicly. Trashing a guy's reputation by spreading gossip about him is some low class, scummy behavior and whichever female comedians are doing it should be loving ashamed of themselves.

sorry i was making a joke about my own post history, as some might surmise i do not give two shits about what louie does outside of his tv work

actually its debatable that i care what he does with his tv work too

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

Who wants to tell Irish Joe what happens to people who go public about sexual offenses?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hahahaha Stanhope steps in to take the blame for Louis. NOW we know why Louie chose him for that one episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pomp posted:

Who wants to tell Irish Joe what happens to people who go public about sexual offenses?

Please don't call out Irish joe it is very slutty of you.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

welp i can't approve of Louie as a TV show anymore because of the antics of its title character. guess i can never watch another episode ever again

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Y-Hat posted:

welp i can't approve of Louie as a TV show anymore because of the antics of its title character. guess i can never watch another episode ever again

in the interest of fairness it is a little bit more than that

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

in the interest of fairness it is a little bit more than that
I'm still going to watch the last two episodes of the season regardless of what some Gawker thinkpiece (which I'm not going to read, because it's Gawker) says about his misconduct.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Y-Hat posted:

I'm still going to watch the last two episodes of the season regardless of what some Gawker thinkpiece (which I'm not going to read, because it's Gawker) says about his misconduct.

youre a monster

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

Personally, I'm waiting to see what Hannibal Buress says about it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

What can I say, I'm always working to make the world a little worse :twisted:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

It's true and he's been widely known as a creeper for a while and this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Louis C.K definitely writes the show from the traditional male viewpoint that someone can fix broken/hurt/upset ladies with their dick. People having that mindset is not usually a good sign.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

cheerfullydrab posted:

Louis C.K definitely writes the show from the traditional male viewpoint that someone can fix broken/hurt/upset ladies with their dick. People having that mindset is not usually a good sign.
Please point me to a thinkpiece that explains this topic further so I can quote it and say "I'm not reading this pseudo-intellectual bullshit."

The entire point of a TV show, movie, song, or other medium of entertainment is to entertain. If someone is wasting their energy writing a thousand angry words on a topic that, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter at all (especially when you measure it up against the world's myriad actual problems), then they're not worth listening to. It's OK to do this when there's actual objectionable content within the medium or within the creator's thought process, but more often than not, it's about imprinting your values on something that isn't there.

Edit: This explains it better than I can. Yeah, it's on a Gawker website, but Drew Magary isn't the average Gawker writer. However, please ignore the link to Jezebel article about how the new Mad Max movie is "so feminist my scrotum killed itself," that's exactly the kind of phenomenon we need less of on the internet.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 19, 2015

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Listen, Saxon kings didn't give a gently caress about the personal life of the gleeman who plucked harpstrings in their feasting-hall, and I don't really care either, but I mean what I said.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

And in all fairness, Louis C.K. looks just like the kind of person who would do what he did. But I'm still watching the last two episodes of the season regardless.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Even if he was ejaculating onto the shoes of at least one person every time he rides a subway, his show would still be funny. Why are people connecting these things?

Edit - I wrote rights instead of rides.

Super Deuce fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 19, 2015

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Super Deuce posted:

Even if he was ejaculating onto the shoes of at least one person every time he rights a subway, his show would still be funny. Why are people connecting these things?

because he's thinkin about jerkin it when he writes it!!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I find it hard if not impossible to believe that Louis CK is some kind of ultra-influential monster to the point that other comedians would be afraid to tell the world he whips his dick out at people.

I mean if Bill Cosby can't keep a lid on it forever, I would think Louis would be destroyed about a week after it (allegedly) happened, you know?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

precision posted:

I mean if Bill Cosby can't keep a lid on it forever, I would think Louis would be destroyed about a week after it (allegedly) happened, you know?

To be fair, Bill Cosby still hasn't faced any real punishment and hasn't even bothered to legitimately respond to any of the accusations against him. Even if there's a general consensus that you're a serial rapist you can completely get away with it if you're famous enough and have enough money for a good legal team.

As long as this is the case, the monstrous sexual predator that is Louis CK will never be stopped.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Didn't Cosby come out with his first response to the accusations last week?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

No, because Cosby's a smart man with good lawyers.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Y-Hat posted:

You know how people do those impressions of Cosby where they just say a bunch of nonsense words in his voice? It was pretty much that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

robot roll call posted:

You know how people do those impressions of Cosby where they just say a bunch of nonsense words in his voice? It was pretty much that.

It's going to be the trial of the century!

• Locked thread