Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
It could also mean that a mod you're using is trying to call the buildcraft API improperly.

This poo poo happened to me all the time with Mekanism and Buildcraft/IC2's APIs. Every so often a Mekanism update would come out and freak out on load because it didn't access the BC/IC2 api properly or was using a new version that other mods weren't and all hell would break loose. At one point I actually had to include the experimental IC2 API as its own mod just to get Mekanism to stop crashing.

It's one of the many reasons I stopped using Mekanism in my packs, but other mods have done it too. EnderIO famously pulled similar poo poo in late 2014 when they switched to the newest possible CoFH API before any other mod did, making their conduits straight-up just not connect to anything using the old API. Mekanism's the only one I've ever seen crash over it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Reason posted:

When I see an error like this:

What does it mean?
Usually it means that a mod contains an outdated version of the Buildcraft library that got loaded before the more recent one, breaking other mods that rely on having a more recent version.

Best solution is to find out what mod you added that caused it and make sure you have the most recent version, but there's clumsier solutions else.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks guys. I was about to say I also get it when I use mekanism, so mekanism and buildcraft suck, but I'm sad I can't stuff them into the pack. What I was trying to do was use the Ultimate Quest Packs HQM config with OMP-i, but it seems like you can't complete quests that have rewards from mods that you don't have which kind of sucks.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 18, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I was getting burned by something like that before. I think in my case, a mod was trying to implement a reduced version of the Buildcraft API as a stub for itself, and other mods noticed it and tried to hook up to it. In my head, I was thinking it was MFR. Whatever the case, it was happening while I trying to get firehose builds of all the CoFH stuff running together with a bunch of older mods. So getting the latest isn't always the answer--especially if you have a lot of older stuff you're trying to couple to it that doesn't have its own updates.

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

Ciaphas posted:

I just figured that out, and the numbers are kind of hosed up, seemingly. I put together a syngas producer with one heating chamber and five mixing chambers, per the docs, and a whole stack of coal produced 3 buckets of syngas. A gas turbine apparently gets 1000 RF per mb of syngas, so about 3 million RF.

Steam Dynamo, on the other hand, produces 80rf/t, and coal burns for 1600 ticks. 80 * 1600 * 64 =~ 8.2 million RF.

What the gently caress, this Advanced Generators mod is dumb. Why did I waste so much iron on this. :mad:

I don't understand your math on that. Coal doesn't have a set burn time, it has a set RF value. And it's way less than 80 * 1600. Offhand, I get 3.072 million RF total from a stack of coal.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I thought coal was 32k RF each in a steam dynamo? Minus the initial steam buildup, anyway. That would be 2.048 million RF from a stack. Less if it's charcoal, as those are 24k RF each.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Honestly, just turn vac hoppers on. It's like how the original Agrarian Skies turned off item nodes to prevent easy, low-lag cobble production.

I'm just now poking through the extra utils options (was going to resign myself to not having vac hoppers BUT THEY DISABLED ELEVATOR BLOCKS TOO FFFFFF) and I can't find either of them at -all- in the configs. Do I have to poke around in the other folder for extra utils or something? Help I am bad at computer stuff :(

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

BlueOccamy posted:

I'm just now poking through the extra utils options (was going to resign myself to not having vac hoppers BUT THEY DISABLED ELEVATOR BLOCKS TOO FFFFFF) and I can't find either of them at -all- in the configs. Do I have to poke around in the other folder for extra utils or something? Help I am bad at computer stuff :(

Vacuum Hoppers and Elevators are from Openblocks, not Extra Utilities.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey Rocko, do you have a mod list for Baby's First Space Race?

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

McFrugal posted:

I thought coal was 32k RF each in a steam dynamo? Minus the initial steam buildup, anyway. That would be 2.048 million RF from a stack. Less if it's charcoal, as those are 24k RF each.

Oddly enough, I thought those were the values as well, but when I checked the file it was 48k and 32k.

Of course, it's modpack configurable in the Fuels.cfg file.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey Rocko, do you have a mod list for Baby's First Space Race?
Technically, no. I have an old spreadsheet from when I was deciding what to add. Is that something special I have to put on Technic?

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Fortis posted:

Vacuum Hoppers and Elevators are from Openblocks, not Extra Utilities.

...goddamn it. I just wanna play blocks while I wait for my mouth to feel better, why Jaded Cat whyyyyyyy. Getting wisdom teeth out is no fun if you can't play with your fun blocks :(

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Technically, no. I have an old spreadsheet from when I was deciding what to add. Is that something special I have to put on Technic?

It's not required but a lot of people appreciate it.

It's also nice if you provide links to where the mods came from, and again, not required but appreciated.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It would be good, yes. I want to suggest it to a friend but cannot do so in confidence without knowing what's inside.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
What are my options for high end power transmission? Redstone cables cap out at 10,000 RF/t, but between Big Reactors, x64 reactors from Extra Utilities, and Solar Expansion, it's not hard to need a line that can handle more than that.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Cantorsdust posted:

What are my options for high end power transmission? Redstone cables cap out at 10,000 RF/t, but between Big Reactors, x64 reactors from Extra Utilities, and Solar Expansion, it's not hard to need a line that can handle more than that.

The high end EnderIO cables can transmit 24k RF/t or there's the Cryo-Stabilised Fluxducts from Thermal Dynamics which have no throughput limit.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
So I'm trying out the new OMP-i pack (singleplayer), and I've noticed something odd. Whenever I try to use my mouse's scrollwheel to move single items in or out of a chest, it only works about a fifth of the time. The rest of the time the item appears in my inventory for a fraction of a second and then blinks back. I've been through the controls and I don't see anything else conflicting with the scroll wheel. Does anyone know what might be causing this? It didn't happen in OMP-i 1.3.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Might try taking a look at the configs/options for MouseTweaks.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Hey thanks, yeah, that was (sort of) the problem. It looks like both Mousetweaks and NEI have the same scroll wheel function, and they were getting in each other's way.

In case someone else has the same problem and finds this post, I fixed it by changing the WheelTweak=1 line to WheelTweak=0 in the MouseTweaks.cfg.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Lizard Wizard posted:

It would be good, yes. I want to suggest it to a friend but cannot do so in confidence without knowing what's inside.
It did not really occur to me it was a big problem until now. However, I hope your confidence is not in the pack having something evil in it. It sounds like if the pack author can upload whatever, I assume they can lie.

It will take me some time to get links to everything, but I assume just getting the updated list will be great progress. I was hoping my pull request for a few CoFH generator changes would go into a build, but after a month, I should probably stop waiting and just release the fixes for current issues. Among them, I will nix the pigmen aggro since I see here people generally do not tempt The Nether, so I am supposing it needs some incentive.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
OK... how do I even add a mod list on the Technic site? I figured somewhere in the modpack editing tabs that I'd find it. I don't see anything.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

OK... how do I even add a mod list on the Technic site? I figured somewhere in the modpack editing tabs that I'd find it. I don't see anything.

Thos detailed lists like you see for OMP, Modderation or otherwise are because of solder. You have to write one out manually.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
. . . do I have to get some real web hosting with a LAMP stack in order to have a mod list?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

CrazyTolradi posted:

The high end EnderIO cables can transmit 24k RF/t or there's the Cryo-Stabilised Fluxducts from Thermal Dynamics which have no throughput limit.

or straight into a tessaract which has no limit either

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

. . . do I have to get some real web hosting with a LAMP stack in order to have a mod list?

no, just type it out into the pack description.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

KingLemming posted:

I don't understand your math on that. Coal doesn't have a set burn time, it has a set RF value. And it's way less than 80 * 1600. Offhand, I get 3.072 million RF total from a stack of coal.

If TE steam dynamos do something different under the hood than my math, then my bad. I just know that coal burns for 1600 ticks in a furnace, so figured 80 RF/t from a stock dynamo * 1600 ticks/coal * 64 coal. :shrug:

If that's the case maybe I'll try advanced generators again next weekend. Boy loving hell is that mod Iron-expensive, though, my god. At least Big Reactor's yellorite fetish is confined to something useless for anything else in the game.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 19, 2015

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

If TE steam dynamos do something different under the hood than my math, then my bad. I just know that coal burns for 1600 ticks in a furnace, so figured 80 RF/t from a stock dynamo * 1600 ticks/coal * 64 coal. :shrug:

If that's the case maybe I'll try advanced generators again next weekend. Boy loving hell is that mod Iron-expensive, though, my god. At least Big Reactor's yellorite fetish is confined to something useless for anything else in the game.

I have 4 big reactors with ludicrite turbines producing a total of 120,000 RF/t - just what i need for my 40 Laser drills

and thats a 7x7x3 reactor with 9 fuel rods venting straight into a 7x7x17 turbine with 29 blocks of ludicrite at the bottom for the coils

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OMP-I is taking forever to load, is that something new? Or is there an issue? It's been about 30 minutes now, so I'm thinking it's something with the update and everything having to initialize once?

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Reika's mods are to be avoided, right?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
How far out are we from large 1.8 modpacks?

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Mr Scumbag posted:

How far out are we from large 1.8 modpacks?
Most major mods will probably never come out for 1.8. Ask again when 1.9 is out.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Threep posted:

Most major mods will probably never come out for 1.8. Ask again when 1.9 is out.

Well Pixelmonmod 4.0.4 released at the weekend....

A lot of work has been put into it, and more work is on going...
(I have to work on the battlecode and clean it up)

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

TheresaJayne posted:

Is it compatible with NEI yet?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Turtlicious posted:

OMP-I is taking forever to load, is that something new? Or is there an issue? It's been about 30 minutes now, so I'm thinking it's something with the update and everything having to initialize once?

It should not take 30 minutes, it works fine for me and my computer's not great.

and there should be a progress bar telling you what's happening.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

TheresaJayne posted:

A lot of work has been put into it, and more work is on going...
(I have to work on the battlecode and clean it up)

And 1.8 Thaumcraft is in the works. While I expect some mods to skip over 1.8, its just the matter of time for a good number of them, especially since who the hell knows when 1.9 will even come out (that said, the devs have stated that compared to the past few major patches, 1.9 should be the easiest to update to since its mostly consist of changes to game mechanics and added content as opposed to the massive internal rewrites of the last few patches).

I also see 1.8 leading to a heavier adoption of Forge for servers once Sponge gets up and running, what with Bukkit and such gone, which might impact the likelihood of mods updated, or new mods being created.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 19, 2015

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

m2pt5 posted:

Dunno, but all the items i think are being registered with Ore dictionary. - but i havent looked into that part of the code recently. - Not since i fixed the slow loading of Pixelutils

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

m2pt5 posted:

Does it still do server check to see if you're banned from the mod?

Does it still have DRM?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Does it still have nasally ten year olds voicing everything?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I saw that mod in Technic and I've been wondering which of these two is true, since I know they didn't model all howeverthefuckmany pokemon there are.

a)They use sprites they stole from Nintendo

b)They modeled like 12 Pokemon and that's what's in the mod

c)Pokemon do not exist as entities, and are only inventory items or notes on a sheet. For art for these, see a.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Mzbundifund posted:

Hey thanks, yeah, that was (sort of) the problem. It looks like both Mousetweaks and NEI have the same scroll wheel function, and they were getting in each other's way.

In case someone else has the same problem and finds this post, I fixed it by changing the WheelTweak=1 line to WheelTweak=0 in the MouseTweaks.cfg.

:swoon: Thanks!